Vampires vs. Monsters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McNasty996
Vampires:
Esme
Carlisle
Alice
Rosalie
Jasper
Emmet
Aro
Jane
Marcus
Caius

vs.

Monsters:
Hulk
Abomination
Doom
Gamma Dogs
Thing
Wikus w (Biosuit)
Iron Monger

No BFR. A KO or incapacitation can count as a win. Fight takes place in Desert.

KingD19
Monsters take a healthy majority.

McNasty996
bump

marwash22
Originally posted by KingD19
Monsters take a healthy majority. no, they really don't.

THe vamps are significantly faster than any of the "monsters". This is basically a bunch of Decaps.

Mindset
Doom wins.

Doom always wins.

marwash22
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom wins.

Doom always wins. only in comics... movie Doom is a pussy in comparison.

Impediment
Which Hulk? Bana's Hulk would solo.

marwash22
Originally posted by Impediment
Which Hulk? Bana's Hulk would solo. how so? Be it Bana for Norton, Hulk dies via Jasper's emo-rape which turns him into Banner... Banner gets bytchslapped.

Mindset
How is Jasper going to calm the Hulk, if he could do that he could have just calmed the new born vamps into not fighting.

marwash22
How is Jasper going to calm the Hulk, if he could do that he could have just calmed the new born vamps into not fighting. Not sure... plothole or maybe it was due to there being too many targets at once. Whatever the case may be, you can't use that as an example of his emo-power not working 'cause he never even tried to use it on them. Also, it is shown during the time he was with his maker (one of the three hot chicks in his flashback) that he COULD use his power to calm down the newborns. I believe that was the entire reason she chose Jasper to be her 2nd in command or whatever.

Placidity
Holy crap, I was going to say tie.

But after a little thinking I have to go with the Vamps.

Mindset
Originally posted by marwash22
Not sure... plothole or maybe it was due to there being too many targets at once. Whatever the case may be, you can't use that as an example of his emo-power not working 'cause he never even tried to use it on them. Also, it is shown during the time he was with his maker (one of the three hot chicks in his flashback) that he COULD use his power to calm down the newborns. I believe that was the entire reason she chose Jasper to be her 2nd in command or whatever. He could make them drop their guard, he never showed the ability to calm someone from raging to being placid.

Mindset
Also, Jasper's pube hair will remind him of his dad's.

KingD19
Vamps aren't taking down Hulk, Abomination, Thing, Doom, or Iron Monger.

They might take down IM after a bit, but not anytime soon.

marwash22
He could make them drop their guard, he never showed the ability to calm someone from raging to being placid. watch the movies again.

-he made Bella happy about the party.
-he made Paul and Emmet calm down when they were chasing Victoria.
-he made that one newborn calm down so that he could rip his or her head off.

Mindset
watch the movies again.

-he made Bella happy about the party.
-he made Paul and Emmet calm down when they were chasing Victoria.
-he made that one newborn calm down so that he could rip his or her head off. Yea, and none of them were raging, definitely not on the level of Hulk.

KingD19
Calming someone is one thing, but calming a being made of rage incarnate might be a bit beyond his level.

And fighting people stronger and more indestructible than they are....plus the guy who can hurl electricity, is not the road to victory.

marwash22
Vamps aren't taking down Hulk, Abomination, Thing, Doom, or Iron Monger.

They might take down IM after a bit, but not anytime soon. Hulk is gonna get reverted to Banner... he's shouldn't have even been included in this match.

Abomination, sure he's strong, but slow as shit compared to the vamps, he's gonna get ripped apart.

Doom, lol, he's dead.

Thing, he's getting mindraped or ktfo or put into a deep state of mental pain at the hands of Jane.

IM, he's getting ripped apart. he's much too slow.

marwash22
Yea, and none of them were raging, definitely not on the level of Hulk. where's your proof?

Calming someone is one thing, but calming a being made of rage incarnate might be a bit beyond his level. says who? Where are you getting this info?

Mindset
TbdNn-LxSpk

Btw, where did he calm the newborn down?

Mindset
where's your proof?

None of them were in a mindless rage of pure destruction...

Are you serious?

marwash22
my mistake, i thought he had to calm down that kid before he ripped his head off. Either way, it's stated multiple times as a fact (even in the video you posted) that Jasper's power is "controlling emotions"... is rage/anger not an emotion? Nowhere is it mentioned that there is a certain state of anger in which Jasper can't manipulate; so, who are you to put an unfounded cap on a character's power? Your claim is baseless.

Mindset
My claim isn't baseless unless you want to blindly accept statements as fact. Show me examples of him actually doing what you claim he can do.

If he could control anyone's emotions regardless of the degree, he would have no threats, that's obviously not the case. No limits fallacy, anyway.

KingD19
You saying his power is unlimited is the same as us saying there's a level cap. But there is a level of reasoning with ours, as Hulk has the potential for nearly unlimited rage.

And Doom is solid metal, strong enough to take full punches from Thing.

The others have shown how powerful they are...the vamps aren't ripping anyone apart.

Robtard
Hulk shatters or explodes them all with a hand-clap. /thread

Only one thing calms the Hulk, Betty. His father tried to drain him of all his power/rage and it ended up being nigh-limitless by all accounts.

So it's just a matter of time before the Hulk lays hands and breaks. May take 10 mins, may take 10 hours.

marwash22
i don't play the opinion game... there's no end to that.

deuces.

the ninjak
When I saw this I instantly thought the whole fight was based on Hulk being calmed down back into Banner.

But during a fight of this magnitude Hulk ain't dumb enough to just back down.

And Ironmongers chances are super slim.

Pwned
Iron Monger wont survive, definately not. But im pretty sure Hulks ONLY emotion is rage.........

There really isnt much that can kill him, and a TwiVamp is not one.

dadudemon
Yea, and none of them were raging, definitely not on the level of Hulk.

True...except for the Paul Emmett thing. Both of them were ready to piss all over that decades old treaty, endanger both of their families literally to death, and tear eachother's throat out.

You saying his power is unlimited is the same as us saying there's a level cap. But there is a level of reasoning with ours, as Hulk has the potential for nearly unlimited rage.

And Doom is solid metal, strong enough to take full punches from Thing.

The others have shown how powerful they are...the vamps aren't ripping anyone apart.

This is a good post. Thing is within range of the Vampires' strength as was proven in the other thread. The Vampires may be multiple times stronger, but only by 2-4 times. That's not that much, considering.

I think that the Vampires rip everyone apart except the following:

Hulk (If the Ang Lee Hulk)
Gamma Dogs
Doom

There is NO way in any sort of fanboy land that a Twivamp will kill a Hulk that can literally tank a nuke with just a scratch.

marwash22
When did Hulk get nuked?

The Twi-vamps rip apart what you claimed to be "somewhere between granite and diamond" with relative ease, yet you don't think they can team up and decap Hulk? bermm

Doom is no threat at all. he'll be rolling around on the ground in crippling pain.

lol @ those dogs being a threat.

dadudemon
When did Hulk get nuked?

The Twi-vamps rip apart what you claimed to be "somewhere between granite and diamond" with relative ease, yet you don't think they can team up and decap Hulk? bermm

Doom is no threat at all. he'll be rolling around on the ground in crippling pain.

lol @ those dogs being a threat.

Hulk got nuked when they nuked that military base.

And, yeah, they are referred to, symbolically, as "granite", "diamond", "invulnerable", etc. Since in Breaking Dawn we get to see how truly "durable" they are (a needle, which is made of sugical steal, could not "scratch" the surface of the skin; it couldn't even break the surface a little: it just bends) that puts their flesh, on the hardness scale, much closer to a 10 than a 6. However, they appear to be brittle against really strong forces...but those are from other characters that are well past the 200 ton class.

How are they supposed to "tear" something that appears to be as hard as steel? Tortional strength of steel?

But, I digress: he can move his body just fine so it's obviously not exactly what we think it is.

And, they gave "full-power" Hulk trouble, will have very similar attributes to Hulk, and really cannot be killed by anything short of an Ang Lee Hulk-like character.

marwash22
I'm not recalling the nuke thing, i haven't watched that movie in a while.

those dogs had shit durability and are far too slow to contend with the vamps. You yourself are acknowledging how strong the vamps are, but at the same time arguing that they can't rip the heads off dogs who literally blew up when punched.

Again, Doom is no threat. He's not solid-metal... dunno where that came from. Even if that were the case, he has no resistance to Jane's power.

Impediment
Bana's Hulk won't be affected by the vamp's psi attacks, as Hulk is too angry to be calmed by anything. Any attacks will only piss him off even more, therefore making Hulk stronger.

/thread.

marwash22
so, we're just making stuff up now, huh?

Edwards shoots a kamehameha wave.

/thread.

dadudemon
I'm not recalling the nuke thing, i haven't watched that movie in a while.

No problem.

those dogs had shit durability and are far too slow to contend with the vamps. You yourself are acknowledging how strong the vamps are, but at the same time arguing that they can't rip the heads off dogs who literally blew up when punched.

They got beat down/killed by one of the most powerful forms of Hulk: he was protecting his sweety-pie.

In terms of strength, I'd put that Hulk>>>>>Twivamp.

Durability? Hulk >>>>>>>> Twivamp.

The dogs were supposed to be "made" similar to Hulk but with Hulk being the more completed "being."

Again, Doom is no threat. He's not solid-metal... dunno where that came from. Even if that were the case, he has no resistance to Jane's power.

We don't know his durability, really...besides tanking attacks from a 75-ton class Mutant.

We do know that he can easily put a hole in a meatbag's chest...I don't know how that would work against a Twivamp. I want to lean on it "vaporizing" a hole into the vamps, as well because the vampires are still some form of biological flesh.

Impediment
so, we're just making stuff up now, huh?

Edwards shoots a kamehameha wave.

/thread.

Prove to me that I'm "making stuff up", otherwise quit your trolling.

marwash22
Prove to me that I'm "making stuff up", otherwise quit your trolling. lol. you post this...

Bana's Hulk won't be affected by the vamp's psi attacks, as Hulk is too angry to be calmed by anything. Any attacks will only piss him off even more, therefore making Hulk stronger.

/thread.

but I'm doing the trolling? riiiiiiight.

What proof do you have that Jasper's power wont work on Hulk. It doesn't even have anything to do with altering the opponents mind, he manipulates emotion... it's not a psychic attack, Hulk won't even know it's happening so how would he get angrier. You are ignoring facts. take your bias elsewhere.

Impediment
lol. you post this...

but I'm doing the trolling? riiiiiiight.

What proof do you have that Jasper's power wont work on Hulk. It doesn't even have anything to do with altering the opponents mind, he manipulates emotion... it's not a psychic attack, Hulk won't even know it's happening so how would he get angrier. You are ignoring facts. take your bias elsewhere.

I'm going to tell you one more time to lose your attitude.

You still have not shown any proof of how a psychic attack would affect Hulk. Hulk's level of rage is unprecedented, and would be very, very hard to alter even in the slightest. The only thing shown on screen to lower Hulk's rage was Betty Ross.

marwash22
ohno yessuh, sorry suh.

once again, it's not a "pyschic attack"... Jasper's ability is giving people whatever emotion he wants them to have, it has absolutely nothing to do with attacking his opponent's brain. My proof lies in the movies, he's done it multiple times... even to Bella, who is immune to psychic attacks which proves even further that it has nothing to do with mentally raping someone.

Mindset
Originally posted by dadudemon
True...except for the Paul Emmett thing. Both of them were ready to piss all over that decades old treaty, endanger both of their families literally to death, and tear eachother's throat out.

You're really comparing that to Hulk?

They are still able to reason, Hulk is not, he is a mindless ball of rage that relies on base instincts. I don't recall Jasper even using his powers then.

the ninjak

The reason why Hulk is obviously getting angrier is because this is a fight between many combatants. There is so much action going on that Jaspers passive emotion based attack would be felt by Hulk quickly. And Hulk based in his environment would feel the effects and SCREAM that shit out!

The Hulks rage in the first film nullified his father's manipulation. And his father became a mini VOID! A telepathic molecular reconstructing cloud. And Hulk screamed it away.

In the Incredible Hulk he crushes the Abomination, a creature that would give trouble to the TwiVamps.

Impediment
^ Thank you.

marwash22
Originally posted by the ninjak
Jaspers passive emotion based attack would be felt by Hulk quickly. where are you getting this? No, seriously, what franchise is this from 'cause it most assuredly isn't Twilight. You're just typing your opinion without any supporting evidence. When has anyone in the Twilight universe ever felt Jasper tampering with their emotions. I'll answer that... never! No one ever knows he's using his power until the emotion has already been planted.

Hulk runs on anger > anger is an emotion > Jasper changes emotions at will > Jasper changes Hulk's emotion from angry, to happy > Hulk reverts to Banner > Bruce dies a horrible death.

The only argument i'm seeing is that, Hulk is angrier than anyone has ever been, ever! Okay, and?

The facts are these:

1. Jasper can plant emotions in whoever he want's.
2. Jasper's ability operates outside the principles of telepathic intrusion.

anything else is your opinion, not fact.

Nephthys
Hulk's rage really isn't all that. He's still capable of coherent thought and logic.

Are you talking about the end-fight? Because that's not what happened. Banner over-loaded his father with so much sheer energy that he couldn't contain it.

Mindset
Originally posted by Nephthys
Hulk's rage really isn't all that. He's still capable of coherent thought and logic. At the level of an animal.

Nephthys
At the end you can clearly hear Banner coherently think the sentence 'You want power, have it all!' while still in Hulk form.

marwash22
At the level of an animal. oh, an animal, you say... you mean, like... a pissed off wolf?! 313

the ninjak
Hulk's rage really isn't all that. He's still capable of coherent thought and logic.

Hulk isn't a normal biological being. He is a construct of Banner's subconcious. One fueled by his childhood imaginings of his favourite childhood toy defeating any challenger and his memories of witnessing his mother's death. Jasper implanting an emotion representing calm won't effect Hulk because his entire being is based on these memories.

Only Betty has released memories in the Hulk that resulted in returning him to Banner form. And in the second movie he evolved passed it.

Are you talking about the end-fight? Because that's not what happened. Banner over-loaded his father with so much sheer energy that he couldn't contain it.

Sheer Energy based on Hulk's will alone!

Hulk's father became a being of immense power. Molecular manipulation and psychic ability would wreck havok on the vampire team!

Mindset
oh, an animal, you say... you mean, like... a pissed off wolf?! 313 A wolf with human thoughts?

No.

sneer

marwash22
A wolf with human thoughts?

No.

sneer http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/mrbrightside_album/Jokerhuh.gif

opposed to a giant green-humanoid... with human thoughts.

...you editing s.o.b. lol

Mindset
At the end you can clearly hear Banner coherently think the sentence 'You want power, have it all!' while still in Hulk form.
Just like in the comics, deep in Hulk's mind there are logical thoughts, but at the surface there aren't.

Rogue Jedi
where are you getting this? No, seriously, what franchise is this from 'cause it most assuredly isn't Twilight. You're just typing your opinion without any supporting evidence. When has anyone in the Twilight universe ever felt Jasper tampering with their emotions. I'll answer that... never! No one ever knows he's using his power until the emotion has already been planted.

Hulk runs on anger > anger is an emotion > Jasper changes emotions at will > Jasper changes Hulk's emotion from angry, to happy > Hulk reverts to Banner > Bruce dies a horrible death.

The only argument i'm seeing is that, Hulk is angrier than anyone has ever been, ever! Okay, and?

The facts are these:

1. Jasper can plant emotions in whoever he want's.
2. Jasper's ability operates outside the principles of telepathic intrusion.

anything else is your opinion, not fact. thumb up

Placidity
Oh hai.

Rogue Jedi
Sup duder. Bored at work, figured I'd waste time here. No more HP/SW threads for me, gonna avoid them like the plague.

dadudemon
You're really comparing that to Hulk?
Uhhhh... yeah. erm

They are still able to reason, Hulk is not, he is a mindless ball of rage that relies on base instincts. I don't recall Jasper even using his powers then.

Wah? Still able to reason?...hulk is not...? You watchedsomething else. They were both (Paul and Emmett) endangering all the lives of their loved ones including those around them. Hulk has reason beyond that: he at least tried his best to protect Betty at all times.

So, as far as unreasonable rage goes, Emmett and Paul getting pissed at eachother was less "unreasonable rage" than Hulk's.

Hulk also had enough "reason" to do very intelligent things, interact with Betty, etc. This unreasonable rage you're trying to create does not exist. smile

Thank you. They are inadvertently gimping Hulk and I don't like it. cry

Again, thank you. That's exactly what happened. His father was trying to grow stronger off of Hulk's rage-energies and Hulk kept raging out and it seemed limitless. After his father was saturated, he couldn't take anymore but Hulk kept giving it.

Anyway, with Jasper out of the picture, Hulk (Ang Lee), solos with ease. I would assume that Dr. Doom would figure that out...being one of the smartest people on the planet.

ares834
Doom, lol, he's dead.

The guy was more than a physical match for the Thing, was able to withstand Supernova type heat, and could shoot incredibly powerful blasts of electricty. I'm not sure how he is lol dead.

Nephthys
Yeah, wtf? I doubt they'd be able to even dent Doom. I can't see them putting him down.

Mindset
Uhhhh... yeah. erm

Wah? Still able to reason?...hulk is not...? You watchedsomething else. They were both (Paul and Emmett) endangering all the lives of their loved ones including those around them. Hulk has reason beyond that: he at least tried his best to protect Betty at all times.

So, as far as unreasonable rage goes, Emmett and Paul getting pissed at eachother was less "unreasonable rage" than Hulk's.

Hulk also had enough "reason" to do very intelligent things, interact with Betty, etc. This unreasonable rage you're trying to create does not exist. smile

They are able to reason on the level of intelligent humans, Hulk is able to reason on the level of an animal, or at times a small child. So yea, they still could reason better than the Hulk, because all the did was stare and growl at each other w/o anyone having to physically stop them.

Anyway, Jasper didn't even use his powers on Emmet and Paul, I just rewatched the scene. So...

Umm, because Betty calms Hulk down enough for the more intelligent part of his brain to work.

dadudemon
They are able to reason on the level of intelligent humans, Hulk is able to reason on the level of an animal, or at times a small child. So yea, they still could reason better than the Hulk, because all the did was stare and growl at each other w/o anyone having to physically stop them.

No, what I said.

You just replied with a "nuh-uh." What I said it correct.

But, I'll reply to your posts with "proper" replies:

"Both (Paul and Emmett) of them were ready to piss all over that decades old treaty, endanger both of their families literally to death, and tear eachother's throat out.

They were both endangering all the lives of their loved ones including those around them. Hulk has reason beyond that: he at least tried his best to protect Betty at all times."

Anyway, Jasper didn't even use his powers on Emmet and Paul, I just rewatched the scene. So...

So the passive power that he exerts and very rarely outwardly shows that he's using it, is now magically not being used? K. Gotcha. Nice try, but fail.

Umm, because Betty calms Hulk down enough for the more intelligent part of his brain to work.

Umm, she's within mere feet of him when he is raging out. Is it possible that Hulk is much more "intelligent" and reasonable than you're giving him credit for?

KingD19
So Hulk trying to protect Betty shows super high amounts of reasoning? No.

That's the same as a dog you've trained and loved for years trying to bite a guy it sees as a threat.

dadudemon
So Hulk trying to protect Betty shows super high amounts of reasoning? No.

Please quote where I said, "Hulk trying to protect Betty shows super high amounts of reasoning"

Because you made that point, you definitely missed mine.

Here's the real point:

"Both (Paul and Emmett) of them were ready to piss all over that decades old treaty, endanger both of their families literally to death, and tear eachother's throat out.

They were both endangering all the lives of their loved ones including those around them. Hulk has reason beyond that: he at least tried his best to protect Betty at all times."

Pwned
Besides, Jasper wouldnt just calm him down straight out, because he wouldnt know that his power is fueled by pure rage until hes being ripped apart to a choir singing (in a four part harmony) "HULK SMASH!" (yeah, they are a very angry choir)

dadudemon
Originally posted by Pwned
Besides, Jasper wouldnt just calm him down straight out, because he wouldnt know that his power is fueled by pure rage until hes being ripped apart to a choir singing (in a four part harmony) "HULK SMASH!" (yeah, they are a very angry choir)

I agree, fully, with this statement.

Nephthys
Considering what they do to choir-boys, I'd be angry too.

sick

Mindset
No, what I said.

You just replied with a "nuh-uh." What I said it correct.

But, I'll reply to your posts with "proper" replies:

So the passive power that he exerts and very rarely outwardly shows that he's using it, is now magically not being used? K. Gotcha. Nice try, but fail.

Umm, she's within mere feet of him when he is raging out. Is it possible that Hulk is much more "intelligent" and reasonable than you're giving him credit for? Lmao, so let me get this straight, with no evidence of Jasper actually using his powers I'm supposed to believe he is? I agree, nice fail. laughing out loud

So I'll assume he tried to use his powers on the newborns during their fight but it didn't work.

Yes, it's also possible he much less intelligent and reasonable than you're giving him credit for.

dadudemon
Lmao, so let me get this straight, with no evidence of Jasper actually using his powers I'm supposed to believe he is? I agree, nice fail. laughing out loud

I just watched the scene: he clearly intervenes. Nice fail/lie.

So I'll assume he tried to use his powers on the newborns during their fight but it didn't work.

No, he had no interest in doing so: they all had to be killed. If he calmed them down, they may think too rationally and that would work AGAINST them because they needed their blind rage. You would know that if you watched the film...which I assume you did until now.

Yes, it's also possible he much less intelligent and reasonable than you're giving him credit for.

No, he's exactly as intelligent as I am giving him credit for.

Mindset
Where exactly does Jasper intervene? Which movie are you talking about, because he sure doesn't do anything in Eclipse.

Ummm, if he could control their emotions they wouldn't need to fight them at all...what the what?

No, he's not. smile

dadudemon
Where exactly does Jasper intervene?

At the part right after they scuffle, obviously. Then they stop, and Emmett refocuses on his reason for jumping across the river to break the treaty: Victoria.

Which movie are you talking about, because he sure doesn't do anything in Eclipse.

He sure does. smile

Ummm, if he could control their emotions they wouldn't need to fight them at all...what the what?

Wrong: they'd still be fighting except calmly. You are aware that they are under orders?

Wait, you forgot about that part, didn't you?

You also forgot that the Cullen's technique is based entirely on them being newborns, uncontrolled, and raging.

No, he's not. smile

Yes he is. smile

He's not as stupid as you make him out to be.

Robtard
Ang's version has Hulk's IQ at least at the level of a very young child.

He's capable enough to learn that the business end of a tank causes pain and adapting by trying to block the next attack with the tank-turret he had just ripped off the other tank. Though the round went right through as it fired an anti-tank round, he at least tried, shows intelligence.

Then there's the final fight with his father, further intelligence as Hulk talks/reacts to the situation.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Ang's version has Hulk's IQ at least at the level of a very young child.

He's capable enough to learn that the business end of a tank causes pain and adapting by trying to block the next attack with the tank-turret he had just ripped off the other tank. Though the round went right through as it fired an anti-tank round, he at least tried, shows intelligence.

That's a good point. I don't think most humans would have the knowledge, in his body, to think of that.

But...granted...you're combing the smartest mind (maybe second to Mr. Fantastic) with the most linear raging mind. There's bound to be some sort of intelligence jump through.

Then there's the final fight with his father, further intelligence as Hulk talks/reacts to the situation.

Indeed. It's impossible to say that he's just a blind idiot full of rage. That would be "enraged Savage Hulk"...not Ang Lee's Hulk.

Pwned
Something I just thought of, Hulk is the biggest and strongest of them, right? Naturally, hes the target for Jane to incapacitate really fast. What does pain do to Hulk?

HULK SMASH PUNY VAMPIRE! RAAAAAAAAAGH!

dadudemon
Something I just thought of, Hulk is the biggest and strongest of them, right? Naturally, hes the target for Jane to incapacitate really fast. What does pain do to Hulk?

HULK SMASH PUNY VAMPIRE! RAAAAAAAAAGH!

I could have sworn I made that point already. Maybe it was just to RJ. But, yeah, I agree. Jane will just REALLY piss him off if she tries that pain bullshit on Hulk. If she wants to create a Hulk so powerful that he could crack the planet in half with a stomp, she should attack him with her special gifts.

Also, Robtard brought up a good point, earlier.

Couldn't Callisto* create a shockwave and shatter all the vampires? SHE SOLOS! RAWR!

*Yes, I know she's not in this thread.

Placidity
I could have sworn I made that point already. Maybe it was just to RJ. But, yeah, I agree. Jane will just REALLY piss him off if she tries that pain bullshit on Hulk. If she wants to create a Hulk so powerful that he could crack the planet in half with a stomp, she should attack him with her special gifts.

How do you know Hulk wouldn't get KO'ed by Jane?

All his durability and healing factor won't mean shit. He will be writhing in the worst agony possible on the ground just like any other person, and should pass out if prolonged.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Placidity
How do you know Hulk wouldn't get KO'ed by Jane?

All his durability and healing factor won't mean shit. He will be writhing in the worst agony possible on the ground just like any other person, and should pass out if prolonged.

Just like the "sonic-blasters" which were designed specifically to take him down?

I see inflicting intense Pain on Hulk a worst possible course of action to take against him. He got pissed at the tank and beat it because of the "pain" it was inflicting on him.

Also, Hulk is supposed to be partially immune to psi attacks...but I don't know if he showed that in the movies.

marwash22
Originally posted by ares834
The guy was more than a physical match for the Thing, was able to withstand Supernova type heat, and could shoot incredibly powerful blasts of electricty. I'm not sure how he is lol dead. because he has absolutely no defense for being mentally raped by Jane. erm

Placidity
Just like the "sonic-blasters" which were designed specifically to take him down?

Um how is that the same... yes they aren't. Like not even close.

Also, Hulk is supposed to be partially immune to psi attacks...but I don't know if he showed that in the movies.

Don't think so.

ares834
because he has absolutely no defense for being mentally raped by Jane. erm

So she inflicts pain... Cool. While she is sitting there doing so Doom throws a lightning bolt at her and does actual damage. Also doesn't Jane's power take some time to work?

Mindset
At the part right after they scuffle, obviously. Then they stop, and Emmett refocuses on his reason for jumping across the river to break the treaty: Victoria.

He sure does. smile

Wrong: they'd still be fighting except calmly. You are aware that they are under orders?

Wait, you forgot about that part, didn't you?

You also forgot that the Cullen's technique is based entirely on them being newborns, uncontrolled, and raging.

Yes he is. smile

He's not as stupid as you make him out to be. le sigh

You think monsters win anyway so wont even waste the effort.

marwash22
So she inflicts pain... Cool. While she is sitting there doing so Doom throws a lightning bolt at her and does actual damage. no.

Also doesn't Jane's power take some time to work? no.

Mindset
Doom grabs the vamps and breaks them in half.

Huc comes and grinds them into dust.

Placidity
Doom grabs the vamps and breaks them in half.

Huc comes and grinds them into dust.

Except he can't grab them.

dadudemon
Um how is that the same... yes they aren't. Like not even close.

Pain = "down"

I thought it was simple, myself.

Mindset
Except he can't grab them. I thought the post was pretty transparently sarcastic.

ares834
no.
No to what? Everything I said was true. Jane inflict the illusion of pain... It sure as hell isn't killing Doom. Regardless, Storm's "supernova" left Doom molten, that would resonably cause intense pain. Yet, Doom is still standing and ready to fight. And his lightning bolts will inflict damage, how much, however, is debatable.

no.
Ah, got her and her brother's powers sorta mixed up.

dadudemon
No to what? Everything I said was true. Jane inflict the illusion of pain... It sure as hell isn't killing Doom. Regardless, Storm's "supernova" left Doom molten, that would resonably cause intense pain. Yet, Doom is still standing and ready to fight. And his lightning bolts will inflict damage, how much, however, is debatable.

Ah, got her and her brother's powers sorta mixed up.

I really hate that his last name is "Storm." pained

ares834
Better than Otto Octavius.

Placidity

No it can't kill him, but it will KO him.

No pain can compare to Jane's since its up to her to manipulate.

Mindset
Pain causes Hulk to increase his rage, and we all know what that does.

ares834

Perhaps. Still isn't "Lol, he's dead".

So basically her powers are limitless... Eh, I don't buy that.

dadudemon

No pain can compare to Jane's since its up to her to manipulate.

I don't see it KO'ing him since it didn't KO anyone...it made them "holy shit" for a moment, but it didn't kill them.

In fact, Edward was able to withstand it without a peep.

My point about the sonic blasters was this: it didn't KO him yet it was designed to do so and was quite painful. I don't see Jane inflicting that much pain.

marwash22
I don't see it KO'ing him since it didn't KO anyone...it made them "holy shit" for a moment, but it didn't kill them. uh, it always gets interrupted. She's never used it on anyone for more than 10 seconds or so. Do you really believe that 10+minutes of excruciating pain wont KO someone? get real, bro.

In fact, Edward was able to withstand it without a peep. lolwut?

I don't see Jane inflicting that much pain. stop it.

dadudemon
uh, it always gets interrupted. She's never used it on anyone for more than 10 seconds or so. Do you really believe that 10+minutes of excruciating pain wont KO someone? get real, bro.

So Jane gets to inflict 10 minutes of pain on Hulk and his rage builds up as he can't do anything...and that rage does nothing for him? All the while, she's just standing there doing nothing but inflict pain on Hulk. And she KNOWS to inflict pain on him from the beginning and we KNOW that inflicting pain on him will cause him to be KO'd?

For some badguys, spraying them in the face with mace will literally make them go apeshit. It will freak them the **** out. Of course, they have to be enraged already and be psychotic.

Granted, some people pass out from really terrible pain...but some people, the really terrible pain make them strowng.

lolwut?

Edward didn't go: "AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" like the little girl did in Eclipse.

stop it.

Or else? You'll sthpank me or thompting? Oh beHAVE. Raaawwr. wink

Edit - I'm your best "mate" when it comes to arguing for the Twivamps, bro. Why go out of your way to make an enemy of me?

marwash22
who said anything about Hulk, i was talking about Doom. no expression

are you serious, dude? Edward charged at her, she stopped him dead in his tracks and he was completely phucked up. Serious question, are you trolling? I'm not even trying to be funny at this point, i wanna know if i'm wasting my time responding to you.

also, there are no allies in versus forums. i debate based on the facts, not who has agreed/disagreed with me in the past.

Mindset
How does Doom handle pain? I don't remember him actually being affected by punches and the like, Johnny just immobilized him.

also, there are no allies in versus forums. i debate based on the facts, not who has agreed/disagreed with me in the past.
Except for me, since marwash and I are comic vs bros 4 life. Eternal bond of friendship.

no romo

marwash22
How does Doom handle pain? I don't remember him actually being affected by punches and the like, Johnny just immobilized him. it's mental, not physical abuse.

2jKc7zk9F7k&feature=related

start @ 3:55. Uh yeah, Doom is a non-threat.

Mindset
So she mentally inflicts pain on the person.

How is it different from physically inflicted pain on them? Assuming it's like a psi bolt, that's really not different from physical pain of an equal degree.

Also, you didn't answer my question.

marwash22
So she mentally inflicts pain on the person.
How is it different from physically inflicted pain on them? Assuming it's like a psi bolt, that's really not different from physical pain of an equal degree. seriously? You're better than that.

Superman can tank a shotgun round to the face because his body is durable enough to withstand the blast and render the impact inconsequential... phuck with his head and make him think the shot gun blast actually hurt and he's down on the ground like anyone else.

Also, you didn't answer my question. what question is that? Doom handling pain?... he's pretty durable as seen when fighting Ben, but showed absolutely no sign of being resistant to telepathic molestation.

ares834
it's mental, not physical abuse.

start @ 3:55. Uh yeah, Doom is a non-threat.

She puts down Edward... Cool. And impressive.

J-yG-8fryCM&feature=related

Starts @ 3:27. His body is molten... That has got to be insanely painful, yet what does he do? He taunts them, asking if thats the best the can do. Clealry Doom has an insanely high pain tolerance.

i debate based on the facts

You sound like Quanchi... lol don't mean to compare you to him.

marwash22
Except for me, since marwash and I are comic vs bros 4 life. Eternal bond of friendship.

no romo shhhh. wink.

marwash22
She puts down Edward... Cool. And impressive.

J-yG-8fryCM&feature=related

Starts @ 3:27. His body is molten... That has got to be insanely painful, yet what does he do? He taunts them, asking if thats the best the can do. Clealry Doom has an insanely high pain tolerance. facepalm

i suppose you're unaware that the metal shell he's covered in is protecting him... he's not in any pain. Jane's ability will remedy that.

You sound like Quanchi... lol don't mean to compare you to him. http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/147949-1/Baby_displeased.gif

Mindset
seriously? You're better than that.

Superman can tank a shotgun round to the face because his body is durable enough to withstand the blast and render the impact inconsequential... phuck with his head and make him think the shot gun blast actually hurt and he's down on the ground like anyone else.

what question is that? Doom handling pain?... he's pretty durable as seen when fighting Ben, but showed absolutely no sign of being resistant to telepathic molestation. You apparently misunderstood what I'm saying, but I know you're not better than that.

A psi bolt will bypass the durability of a character, which you showed in your example, but a physical attack equal to the level of damage caused by the psi bolt will do the same thing. Using your example, a punch from Doomsday, or w/e.

The question was, how does Doom handle pain, and to add on to that, did he actually show to have pain? I remember him losing his skin and there was metal underneath, did he become animate metal, or a living battery?

dadudemon
who said anything about Hulk, i was talking about Doom. no expression

You quoted a post of mine which was to Placidity and in that post of mine to Placidity, we were talking about Hulk.

So, you'll have to forgive me that I did not know you were talking about Doom: I thought you were also talking about Hulk.

are you serious, dude? Edward charged at her, she stopped him dead in his tracks and he was completely phucked up.

Did Edward scream or yell like the others? That's a rhetorical question.

Serious question, are you trolling? I'm not even trying to be funny at this point, i wanna know if i'm wasting my time responding to you.

Odd considering you're the one being unnecessarily antagonistic. You should cool down a bit, dude. Everyone is getting so worked up these days, here.

1. You really missed the point.
2. "Mate" was in quotes for a reason: we aren't really "Twilight" mates. It obviously had a meaning other than a direct reading because of the quotes. What it meant was: "I'll be supporting the same side you are with the Twivamps due to the unnecessary hate they get in the MVF. You don't want to alienate me with your hostile attitude because some of the best support you'll see in the MVF for the Twivamps is from me."

And, no, that's incorrect: you had a personal vendetta with RJ. Everyone likes to think that they are a argumentative Buddha but that's impossible.

... did he become animate metal, or a living battery?

Yes?

Mindset
facepalm

i suppose you're unaware that the metal shell he's covered in is protecting him... he's not in any pain. Jane's ability will remedy that.
Super heating the metal shell would incinerate anything inside that shell, unless what is inside the shell was inorganic.

Mindset
Shut your face up, ddm, and get me a donut.

ares834
I suppose you're unaware that the "metal shell" isn't armor, it's part of him (except the mask). And yes he is in pain, hence his "hiss" and why his voice is raspier than normal.

dadudemon
Shut your face up, ddm, and get me a donut.

sad

Yes sir. sad

marwash22
I suppose you're unaware that the "metal shell" isn't armor, it's part of him (except the mask). And yes he is in pain, hence his "hiss" and why his voice is raspier than normal. riiiiiight. no facts, just speculation... looks like we're headed to opinion lane again. that's my cue.

deuces wink.

Also, DDM, you mistake my style of writing for me sitting at my comp, shaking my fist and tearing up... I'm chill, bro.

dadudemon
Also, DDM, you mistake my style of writing for me sitting at my comp, shaking my fist and tearing up... I'm chill, bro.

Cool, but you seem rather hostile towards me when I've been nothing bit chill and even goofy.

ares834
riiiiiight. no facts, just speculation... looks like we're headed to opinion lane again. that's my cue.

And your "facts" are it put down Edward, therefore she lol rape stomps Doom. erm

Also a hissing intake of air is a common sign of pain.

Evilbigfoot
Does the Hulk's greenness play a factor in this? Geez.

Pwned
Dude, nothing is shielded so well from heat that he wouldnt have been ROASTING inside that suit. Its metal, and metal conducts heat. Go sick a pan on a burner, leave it there for 2 hours, then come back and touch anywhere on it that is metal. It will burn your hand. Taking that amount of heat in a metal suit would be insanely painful, you cant downplay it. Plus, the guy could tank a car hitting him, thrown by the Thing, and having that car smash him into a bus, and he just waltzes out the bus door, fixes his coat, and goes for more.

Besides, Hulk will probably be Janes target, and no matter what, pain=stronger Hulk. Pain that incapacitates a vamp=Hulk that will pick up the Empire State Building and play baseball.

Doom isnt a big enough threat, and isnt screaming HULK SMASH with muscles the size of a human bulging from his arms..........

Mindset
Not only would anything organic be incinerated, there would have been no oxygen for him to breath if it was only a shell/armor.

Nephthys
Wait, why are people talking about doom being in a suit? Isn't his skin metal in the FF movies?

Pwned
Yeah, I forgot about that, in the FF movie Doom is living metal. His skin starts either splitting, revealing that its metal, or starts converting into metal sometime about a third of the way in

marwash22
Yeah, I forgot about that, in the FF movie Doom is living metal. His skin starts either splitting, revealing that its metal, or starts converting into metal sometime about a third of the way in yeah, so your whole point is moot. i didn't even have to do any work.

the ninjak
His whole being became organic metal. Capable of creating huge amounts of electricity.

The idea being-

Ben-Earth
Johnny-Fire
Reed-Water
Sue-Air
Doom-Metal/Energy conduit.

Good to see Marwash and Mindset here. smile

Nephthys
Exactly, so I sincerely doubt he even has pain sensors or nerves anymore. Ergo, no pain.

marwash22
Exactly, so I sincerely doubt he even has pain sensors or nerves anymore. Ergo, no pain. http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/mrbrightside_album/Jokerhuh.gif

Are you serious?

So, Doom went from having an unlimited threshold for pain, to not having pain receptors at all? lulz. the things people will come up with just to make an argument.

Doom essentially has metal skin... that is all. There is absolutely nothing on-screen that confirms or even begins to suggest that his brain structure is any different from a normal persons. Ergo, you're making stuff up.

Nephthys
I never mentioned the brain, I said nerves. His skin is made of metal, his whole body might be for all we know.

dadudemon
I never mentioned the brain, I said nerves. His skin is made of metal, his whole body might be for all we know.

Dude...his weenar.

crylaugh

Mindset
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/mrbrightside_album/Jokerhuh.gif

Are you serious?

So, Doom went from having an unlimited threshold for pain, to not having pain receptors at all? lulz. the things people will come up with just to make an argument.

Doom essentially has metal skin... that is all. There is absolutely nothing on-screen that confirms or even begins to suggest that his brain structure is any different from a normal persons. Ergo, you're making stuff up. How does a normal brain survive in a vacuum and >4000k temps completely unharmed?

Robtard

Doom essentially has metal skin...

His eyes, what be they made of, sir?

ares834

No one ever said he had an unlimited threshold for pain... lulz.

KingD19
His eyes, what be they made of, sir?

No idea what his eyes are made of, but they must be pretty strong to not be melted out of their sockets when he got super nova'd.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.