Thanos of Titan runs the gauntlet (as per the tierings here at KMC)...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos has decided to make an extreme offering of the lives of both hero's and villians in an attempt to please Mistress Death...can he successfully defeat the following (Thanos has no prep in any of these encounters, he cant call of Mistress Death to aid him, but has full access to all his tech and other abilities):

1) The entire Street Leveler tier (low, mid, and high combined; they get one month of prep)...
2) The entire Low Meta-Human tier (no prep)...
3) The entire Mid Meta-Human tier (no prep)...
4) The entire High Meta-Human tier (no prep)...
5) The entire Meta-Human tier (low, mid, and high combined; they get one week of prep)...
6) The entire Low Herald tier (no prep)...
7) The entire Mid Herald tier (no prep)...
8) The entire High Herald tier (no prep)...
9) The entire Herald tier (low, mid, and high combined; they get one day of prep)...

The teams need not kill Thanos to achieve a win; a KO or BFR is good enough...

Thanos, on the other hand, MUST kill every single member of the team he is facing to achieve a win as the whole point of these encounters is to make an extreme offering of lives to Mistress Death (Thanos cannot self BFR himself btw; he must kill everyone involved personally)...

Battles occur in an abandoned New York City; no non-heroic/villain normal humans are present...

So once again, how far does Thanos get?

Tha C-Master
Street Levelers. They have powers on these boards.

Omega Vision
Yeah if its just bfr to win then he could stop at 1.

If he gets past 1 though he stops at 5.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Yeah if its just bfr to win then he could stop at 1.

If he gets past 1 though he stops at 5.

5 seems pretty reasonable; feel free to vote btw!

smile

carver9
You should have excluded bfring. It would have made this more interesting.

TheLordofMurder
Well, without BFR, some of the lesser powered teams has no chance against him as they simply lack the power to KO him; it would have been automatic spite against the those teams...

Uriel005
There are some super brains in the low meta tier. I'd say they stand a good chance if they were given a month of prep. but meta tier in it's entirety for sure w/ prep will trap thanos into being a power source for some device assuming that CIS is off and they all mesh well working together,

TricksterPriest
Street levelers? With one month of prep? You are aware BATMAN is in street level, right? batdur

Tha C-Master
One of their saving graces.

carver9
Bfring still make it not so interesting and street levelers can't bfr him any ways and he isn't taking out every meta imo.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by carver9
Bfring still make it not so interesting and street levelers can't bfr him any ways and he isn't taking out every meta imo.
Yes they can bfr him. Boom Tube his ass to another dimension ftw.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Yes they can bfr him. Boom Tube his ass to another dimension ftw.

Hmmm....

I guess that would work...

I personally think in the unlikely event he gets by the entire Meta-Human tier, he absolutely loses against the Low Heralds (I voted for the Low Heralds stopping him btw)...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by carver9
You should have excluded bfring. It would have made this more interesting.

Ok, so we can make it more interesting, how far does Thanos get if there is no BFR involved?

TricksterPriest
You gave Batman a month of prep. He's not getting past street level. Hell, he's got the resources of everyone in street too? Thanos isn't getting past street, end of story.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
You gave Batman a month of prep. He's not getting past street level. Hell, he's got the resources of everyone in street too? Thanos isn't getting past street, end of story.

What are Batman's best feats of prep?

Or to be more precise, what has he done to make you think he'd be able to KO or BFR Thanos?

Keep in mind that (with Thanos) you are dealing with a guy who has withstood direct attacks from a High Skyfather and has some really, really, good tech of his own...

I honestly dont think the Street Levelers can stop Thanos; even with a months prep...

Remember, there is no PIS here in a forum fight...

JakeTheBank
No PIS...

But Batman has a month of prep?

Does...not...COMPUTE. ha-son

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
No PIS...

But Batman has a month of prep?

Does...not...COMPUTE. ha-son

That makes "PIS dependant" characters, like Batman, almost useless here...doesnt it?

wink

TricksterPriest
After Batman somehow outprepped Darkseid during the time he was omega-sanctioned......I'm having trouble seeing Thanos being a problem.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
That makes "PIS dependant" characters, like Batman, almost useless here...doesnt it?

wink

Eh, Thanos is phucked for sure when he has to deal with Doom/Reed/Pym/Stark/Etc. prep.

TheLordofMurder
After Batman somehow outprepped Darkseid during the time he was omega-sanctioned......I'm having trouble seeing Thanos being a problem.

But...no PIS...dont you agree that a high degree of PIS was involved with Batman accomplishing that?

TheLordofMurder
Eh, Thanos is phucked for sure when he has to deal with Doom/Reed/Pym/Stark/Etc. prep.

You just might be right, as those guys arent as dependant on PIS as is Batman (vs high powered types at any rate)...

Although each of those guys absolutely needs prep to tackle Thanos...

JakeTheBank
Yeah.

Thanos is smarter than any of them individually, but he's not smarter than all of them combined. Doom alone gets respect from Thanos. Doom and Mr. Reed "Fantastic Plotdevice" Richards alone would be a doozy with a week of prep, provided they worked together enough and wanted to actively beat Thanos.

TheLordofMurder
Yeah.

Thanos is smarter than any of them individually, but he's not smarter than all of them combined. Doom alone gets respect from Thanos. Doom and Mr. Reed "Fantastic Plotdevice" Richards alone would be a doozy with a week of prep, provided they worked together enough and wanted to actively beat Thanos.

Yeah, so there is a very real possibility that Thanos would stop at 5 then as thats when Richards, Doom, and Starks would get a week to prep (combined with the backing of the rest of the Meta-Human tier of course)...

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
But...no PIS...dont you agree that a high degree of PIS was involved with Batman accomplishing that?

At this point? Nope. Batman really is that damn good. He did a 1000 year prep plan in Obisidan age. He's REDICULOUS at prep.

TricksterPriest
Bump for greatness! bump

Black bolt z
Under these stips he stops at 1

KuRuPT Thanosi
Tell me, how do they BFR somebody who can teleport between dimensions?

quanchi112
After Batman somehow outprepped Darkseid during the time he was omega-sanctioned......I'm having trouble seeing Thanos being a problem. Those circumstances don't exist against Thanos so how does this prove anything other than he can outsmart Darkseid ?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Tell me, how do they BFR somebody who can teleport between dimensions? Under his own power, or with tech he carries on his person? I call bullshit. And even if he could, he cannot travel through time.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You can call bs all you want. He's an eternal. Eternal can teleport. Hence why you've seen him do so without tech and with tech. Thanos has even commented that he prefers to do it with tech because it's easier on him and doesn't have to mentally concentrate as much. Regardless Thanos has his standard tech and that is certainly standard tech for Thanos. Since when can't he travel through time.. he's taken SS through time before to show him the past and future.

TricksterPriest
You can call bs all you want. He's an eternal. Eternal can teleport. Hence why you've seen him do so without tech and with tech. Thanos has even commented that he prefers to do it with tech because it's easier on him and doesn't have to mentally concentrate as much. Regardless Thanos has his standard tech and that is certainly standard tech for Thanos. Since when can't he travel through time.. he's taken SS through time before to show him the past and future. Teleport? Sure. Across dimensions and time under his own power, and not that chair or other tech? Prove it. I do not doubt he has time travel tech, he's easily smart enough. I question whether he can do it under his own power or carries the tech with him.

Black bolt z
Teleport? Sure. Across dimensions and time under his own power, and not that chair or other tech? Prove it. I do not doubt he has time travel tech, he's easily smart enough. I question whether he can do it under his own power or carries the tech with him. I'm pretty sure the dimensional teleportation is standard tech for him.

I don't believe that time travel tech is standard tech for him but I could be wrong.

TricksterPriest
Considering the range of boomtubes and other tech, he's going to need some hefty teleporting to get back. Hell, there are places Batman could send him where he COULDN'T get back from. Doomtubes, Source Wall, 4th world, time travel, etc.

Kid Kurdy
Yeah.

Thanos smarter than Reed ? I think not.

Reed is a nice, calm guy who only wants to study and experiment. If however, he for some reason would turn evil, he can crush everybody.

Including Thanos.

It won't even take him that long.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Thanos smarter than Reed ? I think not.

Reed is a nice, calm guy who only wants to study and experiment. If however, he for some reason would turn evil, he can crush everybody.

Including Thanos.

It won't even take him that long. Based on what ? While in the same story Thanos always is at the lead not Reed and Reed's failed so many times it's beyond count at this point.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Reed and Doom on panel and admitted Thanos is superior to them. Yet, on here he isn't? HOw does that work?

Nihilist
Teleport? Sure. Across dimensions and time under his own power, and not that chair or other tech? Prove it. I do not doubt he has time travel tech, he's easily smart enough. I question whether he can do it under his own power or carries the tech with him. He's gone from dimesnion/timeline to dimesnion/timeline under his own power before..once to the Afro Magus dimension/timeline and then to Death realm in Cosmic powers.

Black bolt z
Reed and Doom on panel and admitted Thanos is superior to them. Yet, on here he isn't? HOw does that work? Scans? And superior in intelligence department or other stuff? Because until I see those scans he sure as hell isn't smarter then them.

Uriel005
Reed and Doom on panel and admitted Thanos is superior to them. Yet, on here he isn't? HOw does that work? Reed and his daughter can do better but their limited by the fact that its CIS for them not to build Doomsday devices that would shatter entire superclusters. Could they tech destroy a supercluster I certainly believe they could given adequate prep time it's just that because they are the good guys they won't create something that is going to destroy several hundred galaxies at once for the sake of expediency in defeating a foe. Also Doom isn't really that much of a "bad" guy IMO. He just suffers from depression and anger issues but he isn't in the business of destroying the universe. I mean look at Latveria the place is practically a Utopia. So are Reed and Doom more intelligent than Thanos? I certainly believe so but they are limited by the fact that they don't have the desire to end the multi-verse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.