Insane Genis-Vell vs Monarch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrMind
random encounter, who wins?

Uriel005
Monarch in a stomp. bands only help so much

TricksterPriest
I don't know, isn't Genis supposed to be abstract level?

Sirius77
Nah, I don't think so. No more than Monarch is lol. I couldn't see Genis taking on as many herald levelers with as much ease as monarch did tbh. Monarch should win.

Galan007
IF Genis got the chance it's likely that he could rupture Monarch's armor... But if that happens their both dead.

I'd side with Monarch more times than not.

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
IF Genis got the chance it's likely that he could rupture Monarch's armor... But if that happens their both dead.

I'd side with Monarch more times than not. Couldn't he just shunt it into the microverse?

Galan007
Has he ever shunted energies of that magnitude into the microverse?

Mindset
Has he ever shunted energies of that magnitude into the microverse? Idk, is there a limit to how much he can shunt?

Galan007
^ Not sure. But it's hard to imagine him shunting omni-directional/universe-busting energies, without him having a feat to warrant it. /shrug

TricksterPriest
He'd have to contain and shunt a big bang. That's pretty ****ing iffy.

JakeTheBank
Monarch

Mindset
^ Not sure. But it's hard to imagine him shunting omni-directional/universe-busting energies, without him having a feat to warrant it. /shrug Couldn't he just shunt the energy directed towards him, it's not like he needs to shunt all the energy being released.

Mindset
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
He'd have to contain and shunt a big bang. That's pretty ****ing iffy. Actually, he has already survived a big bang unharmed. lulface

Rage.Of.Olympus
Monarch.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
Couldn't he just shunt the energy directed towards him, it's not like he needs to shunt all the energy being released. Hm, I guess it's possible... Not entirely sure, though. Personally, if Monarch were fighting to the same standard he did in Arena, I don't see Genis getting close enough to harm him physically. /shrug

celeyhyga17
Monarch

TheTyrant
Genis-Vell.

SuperMan103
monarch.

quanchi112
Genis wins.

"Id"

TricksterPriest
You know Id, it could only end in tears. And probably a destroyed universe. big grin

Also, can I see the big bang feat for Genis?

"Id"
You know Id, it could only end in tears. And probably a destroyed universe. big grin

Also, can I see the big bang feat for Genis?

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd202/Genis101/Genis/6-RestartsUniverse1.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd202/Genis101/Genis/6-RestartsUniverse2.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd202/Genis101/Genis/6-RestartsUniverse3.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd202/Genis101/Genis/6-RestartsUniverse4.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd202/Genis101/Genis/6-RestartsUniverse5.jpg

TricksterPriest
.........Ok, I'm confused. Did he tank a big bang there, or just restart the universe by shooting Entropy?

Mindset
Both.

TricksterPriest
Ok.....Galan? That looks like a big bang going off on his face. So.....you said he can pierce Monarch, would this not be evidence that he wins?

Galan007
Imo, the big bang was self-contained solely within Entropy himself. If you recall, before Entropy was transformed into Eternity, he and Genis had to slay -a willing- Eternity by exiting the physical universe and killing his manifestation:
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5691/captainmarveliv05p21.jpg

It's the same basic thing Dormammu did... He exited the material universe, slew Eternity, then had to reenter it:
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/1766/dormammu1.jpg
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5850/dormammu2.jpg
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7849/dormammu3.jpg

Anyhow, after the big bang took place, Genis and co were still outside of the physical universe, which means they were still outside the 'influence' of Eternity:
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd202/Genis101/Genis/6-RestartsUniverse5.jpg

They were outside of creation pre-big bang, and they were STILL outside of creation post-big bang.

Mindset
I'm not seeing in the first scan where they traveled outside of the universe, Eternity isn't actually even present in that scan.

TricksterPriest
The white background. And Eternity is there. they're standing on his face.

Galan007
I'm not seeing in the first scan where they traveled outside of the universe, Eternity isn't actually even present in that scan. http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5691/captainmarveliv05p21.jpg

umm

Mindset
Yea, that's not actually Eternity.

Just like when I turn on my tv I'm not actually with Brad Pitt.

Galan007
Yea, that's not actually Eternity.

Just like when I turn on my tv I'm not actually with Brad Pitt. You wish you were with Brad Pitt? Homo? ermmnone

Anyway, I don't know if you understand what I'm saying...

1.) Entropy/Genis exit creation to kill -a willing- Eternity.
2.) Entropy decides that he wants to be the new Eternity.
3.) Genis introduces a spark that ignites a new big bang, which would ultimately return everything back to normal.
4.) After Entropy's metamorphosis into Eternity is complete, Genis and co are STILL chilling in a blank void, completely separate from Eternity.

Point being: had the big bang struck them, it would mean they were hit by Eternity's energies -- which means that Eternity/creation would have expanded beyond them -- which would ALSO mean they would have been within the physical universe after all was said and done... Which is totally opposite from what actually happened.

So if you are of the opinion that Genis did in fact tank a big bang, then you also need to provide a good explanation as to why they were still in a blank void after the big bang occurred.

Mindset
When/where did they exit creation?

Galan007
^ They killed the previous Eternity/creation via taking out his physical manifestation in it's totality:
http://img88.imageshack.us/i/captainmarveliv06p05.jpg/

It can't be done like that unless you exit creation and attack him from the outside (see the Dormammu scans I posted earlier.)

That + the fact that after Eternity was rebirthed, Genis was STILL completely separate from him in a blank void, leads me to believe he was outside of creation the entire time.

"Id"
There is a confliction. The Bang blast effected Rick, who was supposedly outside creation, suddenly reformed inside the microverse.

Anyways, if the argument is that Genis has no way to deal with Monarch universe ending blast. Than you are over looking his ability to create a spacial sheet to cover its body. All matter, and energy would flow right though him into the Negative Zone verse.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by "Id"
There is a confliction. The Bang blast effected Rick, who was supposedly outside creation, suddenly reformed inside the microverse.

Anyways, if the argument is that Genis has no way to deal with Monarch universe ending blast. Than you are over looking his ability to create a spacial sheet to cover its body. All matter, and energy would flow right though him into the Negative Zone verse. Yeah, the part about Rick being in the microverse was weird.

But.....I'm really gonna need a scan to prove he can shunt that much power.

quanchi112
Yeah, the part about Rick being in the microverse was weird.

But.....I'm really gonna need a scan to prove he can shunt that much power. The Monitor did so along with a shielded shrub as well.

Galan007
There is a confliction. The Bang blast effected Rick, who was supposedly outside creation, suddenly reformed inside the microverse. Huh?

Anyways, if the argument is that Genis has no way to deal with Monarch universe ending blast. Than you are over looking his ability to create a spacial sheet to cover its body. All matter, and energy would flow right though him into the Negative Zone verse. The only point I'm arguing is Genis tanking a big bang... Something it's pretty clear he didn't do, imo.

As for your comment: Like I said before, it's certainly a possibility. However, I'm curious what his best feat is in the area of energy shunting..?

Originally posted by quanchi112
The Monitor did so along with a shielded shrub as well. That's an absolutely moot point.

quanchi112
Huh?

The only point I'm arguing is Genis tanking a big bang... Something it's pretty clear he didn't do, imo.

As for your comment: Like I said before, it's certainly a possibility. However, I'm curious what his best feat is in the area of energy shunting..?

That's an absolutely moot point. I don't think so but just a question here.

Do you feel the same chain reaction blast would kill Genis ? Or do you feel he'd survive ?

"Id"
Yeah, the part about Rick being in the microverse was weird.

But.....I'm really gonna need a scan to prove he can shunt that much power.
I really dont see how you could effect him physically with a full body spacial sheet. But ok.

If Genis wanted to, he could open a spacial rift, and pour in enough anti-matter to destroy the universe.
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1316/warlock1998ls30203.th.jpg

Galan007
I don't think so but just a question here.

Do you feel the same chain reaction blast would kill Genis ? Or do you feel he'd survive ? Not until I see a feat which leads me to that conclusion.

I really dont see how you could effect him physically with a full body spacial sheet. But ok.

If Genis wanted to, he could open a spacial rift, and pour in enough anti-matter to destroy the universe.
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1316/warlock1998ls30203.th.jpg That scan has nothing to do with Genis. At all.

quanchi112
Not until I see a feat which leads me to that conclusion.

That scan has nothing to do with Genis. At all. Ok, let me come at you from a different angle. The universe wasn't destroyed at once first off so it's not instantaneous or anything so all you have to do is be away from the blast when it engulfs the area you yourself are in.

Do you agree ?

Galan007
Ok, let me come at you from a different angle. The universe wasn't destroyed at once first off so it's not instantaneous or anything so all you have to do is be away from the blast when it engulfs the area you yourself are in.

Do you agree ? It's true that Monarch's detonation didn't instantly destroy the universe -- they expanded outward until the universe was destroyed. It did happen very quickly, but yeah, not 'instantly'. However, if you're trying to say that Genis could teleport out of the universe (or some such) to avoid being destroyed by the blast, then that would equate to a self-BFR.

KuRuPT Thanosi
How would that be a self BFR when Monarch would already be killed prior. That is a win regardless if it kills him or not. It just so happens that he could avoid being hit, but monarch has still been killed

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
How would that be a self BFR when Monarch would already be killed prior. That is a win regardless if it kills him or not. It just so happens that he could avoid being hit, but monarch has still been killed Per the forum rules, leaving the battlefield on purpose results in a DQ:
Originally posted by Digi
Leaving the field
Combatants who leave the field of combat on purpose forfeit the match.

So IF Genis managed to rupture Monarch's armor (big if, imo) and decided to teleport away from that universe to avoid being destroyed by the subsequent blast, he would be out of the match as well.

quanchi112
It's true that Monarch's detonation didn't instantly destroy the universe -- they expanded outward until the universe was destroyed. It did happen very quickly, but yeah, not 'instantly'. However, if you're trying to say that Genis could teleport out of the universe (or some such) to avoid being destroyed by the blast, then that would equate to a self-BFR. Not out of the universe out of the way of the incoming blast and then to a safe location.

Galan007
^ Pfft, Genis couldn't even avoid a hammer throw from King Thor. He ain't avoiding energies that destroyed an entire universe in seconds. vin

Srsly though, if both parties are fighting to their best, I don't see it coming down to that.

quanchi112
^ Pfft, Genis couldn't even avoid a hammer throw from King Thor. He ain't avoiding energies that destroyed an entire universe in seconds. vin

Srsly though, if both parties are fighting to their best, I don't see it coming down to that. I don't think he tried to avoid the hammer throw though.

Was there ever any time referenced as in how many seconds or is that just a guess on your part ? Too lazy to find the issue in countdown.

Galan007
I don't think he tried to avoid the hammer throw though.

Was there ever any time referenced as in how many seconds or is that just a guess on your part ? Too lazy to find the issue in countdown. I was being sarcastic.

Universe 51 was destroyed in one page... It happened VERY quickly (seconds seems accurate, imo.)

quanchi112
I was being sarcastic.

Universe 51 was destroyed in one page... It happened VERY quickly (seconds seems accurate, imo.) Sarcastic side--galan--who knew ?

It does seem like an educational guess but me personally I think he can tank it based on how the monitors were portrayed in this story.

Galan007
Sarcastic side--galan--who knew ?

It does seem like an educational guess but me personally I think he can tank it based on how the monitors were portrayed in this story. Yes, sadly my sarcasm is usually lost around here. sad

Monitors themselves may have been portrayed poorly during Countdown, but iirc, we only saw Monitor-shielding used once... And that was when Nix used it to tank Monarch's energies.

...Just because Monitor-shielding can block said energies, it doesn't mean Genis can.

"Id"
Not until I see a feat which leads me to that conclusion.

That scan has nothing to do with Genis. At all.

Those are his Nega Bands.

Galan007
Ah I see. Still though, don't forum battles take place in a neutral universe? Would there even be a Negative Zone for him to open up a portal to? Or are you saying he could open up a portal to an anti-matter universe in general?

Either way, that's really not a good instance to use -- as it seemed to be taking a great deal of time to preform...

"Id"
Ah I see. Still though, don't forum battles take place in a neutral universe? Would there even be a Negative Zone for him to open up a portal to? Or are you saying he could open up a portal to an anti-matter universe in general?

Either way, that's really not a good instance to use -- as it seemed to be taking a great deal of time to preform...

The Nega Bands are powered by Anti-Matter from the Negative Zone.

I don't know how the forum rules would effect them. I would assume wielders of the Nega Bands can assume its full function, similar to how the Infinity Gauntlet or Quantum Bands despite being in a neutral verse.

Thats the biggest example I can find of the Nega Bands being used to to move energy. Though it was Drax wielding them, Genis should be more competent. But those are details you cant really quantify.

I know the Nega Bands are capable of absorbing a Galaxy worth of energy, on the fly. And thats about it.

WhiteWitchKing
Why doesN't anybody argue that genie takes them
both to the micro universe and rupture monarch there, teleporting back to the regular universe to avoid
the wave.

quanchi112
Yes, sadly my sarcasm is usually lost around here. sad

Monitors themselves may have been portrayed poorly during Countdown, but iirc, we only saw Monitor-shielding used once... And that was when Nix used it to tank Monarch's energies.

...Just because Monitor-shielding can block said energies, it doesn't mean Genis can. It doesn't mean he can't either because I am basing this off of their countdown portrayal.

The Monitor was unphased and Genis' feats seem to be well above the Monitors for the entire story. If this was a morrion Monitor it would change things since he portrayed them as much more powerful than the countdown peeps did.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't get this though.. you have to remove yourself from the battlefield for a specific amout of time.. Just like someone has to be put down for a little bit in order for it to count as a victory or KO. Same with BFR... Somebody can be thrown to another state... but if they instantly teleport back.. it matter not and that is not a BFR win. Same goes for this situation.. Genis just teleports out of the way of the blast.. and a second later could be right back where he was standing supreme. That isn't self bfr

Galan007
I know the Nega Bands are capable of absorbing a Galaxy worth of energy, on the fly. And thats about it. Which is insignificant in comparison to a universe-worth of energy.

It doesn't mean he can't either because I am basing this off of their countdown portrayal.

The Monitor was unphased and Genis' feats seem to be well above the Monitors for the entire story. If this was a morrion Monitor it would change things since he portrayed them as much more powerful than the countdown peeps did. How Monitors were portrayed in Countdown is irrelevant. Bottom line: the energies Monarch released destroyed a universe. Nix Uotan used his shielding to tank those energies.

Genis has no feats suggestive of being able to tank universe-busting energies. Plain and simple.

I don't get this though.. you have to remove yourself from the battlefield for a specific amout of time.. Just like someone has to be put down for a little bit in order for it to count as a victory or KO. Same with BFR... Somebody can be thrown to another state... but if they instantly teleport back.. it matter not and that is not a BFR win. Same goes for this situation.. Genis just teleports out of the way of the blast.. and a second later could be right back where he was standing supreme. That isn't self bfr According to the rules, if one of the combatants leaves the battlefield whatsoever, it counts as an automatic DQ.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So by that reasoning..nobody could ever teleport during a battle.. even if for a spit second being away from the battlefield or it's a loss? I think we need clarification on this ruling. If that were true people like The Runner would lose instantly as soon as he teleported. Even though, he's telporting beating the shit out of someone. I think there needs to be some clarification of this rule. It would be the same for the KO then.. even they were even out for a split second.. then it would be a KO.. even though they regained their composure in a second? That just makes zero sense to me.

Galan007
The rule is pretty clear, though.

If Genis were to rupture Monarch's armor, then teleport out of that universe in order to avoid the subsequent blast, it would equate to a self-BFR/DQ, because he left the battlefield.

However, teleporting within the field of battle is perfectly legal.

KuRuPT Thanosi
That is the thing though... Genis wouldn't have to even teleport out of the universe would he? The blast was a fast moving blast not instantaneous. Thus, he would only need to teleport when it got to him(within the battlefield) to where the explosion originated from and expanding from at fast speeds. So we're talking about less than a second teleporation to merely get out of the way within the battlefield.

Galan007
That is the thing though... Genis wouldn't have to even teleport out of the universe would he? The blast was a fast moving blast not instantaneous. Thus, he would only need to teleport when it got to him(within the battlefield) to where the explosion originated from and expanding from at fast speeds. So we're talking about less than a second teleporation to merely get out of the way within the battlefield. Yeah, I suppose it's a possibility (though it is digging pretty deep, imo.)

Regardless, it's like I've said a few times now: if both parties are fighting to the best of their ability, I doubt rupturing Monarch's armor would even come into play.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I agree my friend.

quanchi112
Which is insignificant in comparison to a universe-worth of energy.

How Monitors were portrayed in Countdown is irrelevant. Bottom line: the energies Monarch released destroyed a universe. Nix Uotan used his shielding to tank those energies.

Genis has no feats suggestive of being able to tank universe-busting energies. Plain and simple.

According to the rules, if one of the combatants leaves the battlefield whatsoever, it counts as an automatic DQ. Genis' feats and abilities have already been explained so why a chain reaction blast which didn't even phase a Monitor somehow translates into taking out Genis does not compute.

Galan007
Monarch's energies destroyed a universe. Genis has no feats indicative of being able to endure a universe-busting blast. To say he could survive said energies without any of his OWN feats to support it is not only horribly faulty, but downright wrong.

Is it really that hard to understand?

quanchi112
Monarch's energies destroyed a universe. Genis has no feats indicative of being able to endure a universe-busting blast. To say he could survive said energies without any of his OWN feats to support it is not only horribly faulty, but downright wrong.

Is it really that hard to understand? The blast wasn't all at once so the power behind it doesn't instantaneously destroy the universe only set off a chain reaction which Genis should survive. Very easy to understand but anyways if his armor is breached like that he loses anyways as it's a moot point.

Galan007
The blast wasn't all at once so the power behind it doesn't instantaneously destroy the universe only set off a chain reaction which Genis should survive. Wait, what? Monarch's energies destroyed a universe. Genis has never demonstrated the ability to tank a blast of that magnitude. So if your stance is that he can survive the aforementioned, then the burden lies on you to PROVE so.

Otherwise your opinion is, essentially, meaningless regarding this subject.

TricksterPriest
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InsaneTrollLogic

Seriously, you're wasting your time. erm It's completely impossible to get through to him. Put him on ignore and watch how much more pleasant the forum becomes. thumbsupdur

-Pr-
Has the teleportation thing been agreed on?

Badabing
Originally posted by -Pr-
Has the teleportation thing been agreed on? Yes, it's self BFR.

Black bolt z
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InsaneTrollLogic

Seriously, you're wasting your time. erm It's completely impossible to get through to him. Put him on ignore and watch how much more pleasant the forum becomes. thumbsupdur laughing out loud

Mindset
Originally posted by Badabing
Yes, it's self BFR. Thinking about it, the fight is over as soon as Monarch is put down, so it wouldn't be a bfr.

quanchi112
Wait, what? Monarch's energies destroyed a universe. Genis has never demonstrated the ability to tank a blast of that magnitude. So if your stance is that he can survive the aforementioned, then the burden lies on you to PROVE so.

Otherwise your opinion is, essentially, meaningless regarding this subject. The point is he's defeated soon as his armor is breached in this manner so he doesn't even need to survive. The story doesn't continue once you win it's over, Prime.

Galan007
^ I disagree entirely.

If Genis knows Monarch can be beaten via rupturing his armor, and knows the caliber of energies that would be released upon doing so (which he would *thx cosmic awareness*), then HE is making a cognisant CHOICE to still do so -- thus he also needs to deal with the consequences of his actions.

Point: If Genis decides to try an rupture Monarch's armor ftw, then he must also have a way to deal with the subsequent ramifications such an action would have. The energies released upon breaching Monarch's armor don't just.... Stop once his armor is ripped.

You fellas are digging deep. none

Badabing
If the armor breach results in Genis getting KOed, killed, incapacitated, etc along with Monarch, then it's a double loss. A tie.

"Id"
He wouldn't feel a breeze with a spacial sheet covering his body.

thanos-prime
even if the blast from rupturing the suit did kill him couldn't genis just revive himself?

KuRuPT Thanosi
or he simply teleports to the orgin of the explosion where the energy would have since moved on and he's just fine.

quanchi112
^ I disagree entirely.

If Genis knows Monarch can be beaten via rupturing his armor, and knows the caliber of energies that would be released upon doing so (which he would *thx cosmic awareness*), then HE is making a cognisant CHOICE to still do so -- thus he also needs to deal with the consequences of his actions.

Point: If Genis decides to try an rupture Monarch's armor ftw, then he must also have a way to deal with the subsequent ramifications such an action would have. The energies released upon breaching Monarch's armor don't just.... Stop once his armor is ripped.

You fellas are digging deep. none Genis would also be aware it isn't instaneous and where to be when those energies hit a specific point so either way he should be fine, ca and all.

Or
He wouldn't feel a breeze with a spacial sheet covering his body.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Badabing
Yes, it's self BFR.

Actually, this brings up a question... If Thanos was tossed by Hulk away from the battlefield but a second later Thanos teleports back. Is that a bfr win for hulk? I thought, much like KO's they had to be out for a period of time to count as a win

Badabing
Actually, this brings up a question... If Thanos was tossed by Hulk away from the battlefield but a second later Thanos teleports back. Is that a bfr win for hulk? I thought, much like KO's they had to be out for a period of time to count as a win You can PM Pr or me for any questions regarding rules or clarifications.

Hulk throwing Thanos away from the battlefield is not self BFR, it's Hulk using whatever advantage he may have to remove Thanos.

My opinion is BFR = a KMC loss regardless. A very specific feat of Thanos being BFRed against his will and then reappearing again in the same instant would be required. Thanos teleporting wouldn't be enough.

This helps stop some of the endless speculation and conjecture which drag on in some threads.

Galan007
Originally posted by thanos-prime
even if the blast from rupturing the suit did kill him couldn't genis just revive himself? So can/did Monarch.

Genis would also be aware it isn't instaneous and where to be when those energies hit a specific point so either way he should be fine, ca and all.

Or lol, the grasping for straws here is remarkable... Anyway, it's pure speculation that Genis would be able to 'sheet' himself from energies of this magnitude -- he's never 'sheeted' from an attack remotely close to this in the past. It's also worth mentioning how easily KT's hammer-throw busted through Genis' shielding.

Universe-busting energies >> a hammer-throw from KT.

thanos-prime
So can/did Monarch.

lol, the grasping for straws here is remarkable... Anyway, it's pure speculation that Genis would be able to 'sheet' himself from energies of this magnitude -- he's never 'sheeted' from an attack remotely close to this in the past. It's also worth mentioning how easily KT's hammer-throw busted through Genis' shielding.

Universe-busting energies >> a hammer-throw from KT. How long did it take for monarch to reform? Genis brought himself back almost instantly iirc.

Galan007
Did he bring himself back after tanking the destruction of a universe?

thanos-prime
Did he bring himself back after tanking the destruction of a universe? Does it matter he has shown to bring himself back from the dead it doesn't matter how he was killed.

Galan007
Surviving lesser attacks doesn't mean the character in question can endure FAR greater attacks w/o evidence to back that notion up.

Anyway, what instance in particular are you talking about? Because Genis isn't really 'alive' in the literal sense -- the dude is pure energy. He wouldn't have been 'bringing himself back from the dead' so much as reconfiguring.

thanos-prime
Surviving lesser attacks doesn't mean the character in question can endure FAR greater attacks w/o evidence to back that notion up.

Anyway, what instance in particular are you talking about? Because Genis isn't really 'alive' in the literal sense -- the dude is pure energy. He wouldn't have been 'bringing himself back from the dead' so much as reconfiguring. He shot himself in the head while in his powered-down form and i believe he has died another way can't recall.

Galan007
Well your opinion is your opinion. But personally I would need to see him reconfigure after being struck by energies comparable to those Monarch released, before I'd buy off on that notion.

thanos-prime
Well your opinion is your opinion. But personally, until I see him reconfigure after being struck by energies comparable to those Monarch released, I don't buy him surviving. Im not talking about him surviving im talking about him bringing himself back to life after the energy's kill him.

Galan007
^ That's what I'm talking about too. Don't buy it.

Surviving/reconfiguring from "this" attack doesn't mean you can survive/reconfigure from "that" attack (assuming "that" attack is FAR superior to what you'd gone up against in the past.)

And even if he could, there's no proof as to how long it might take.

Mindset
Genis was able to bring himself back because he realized death does not destroy energy, it just transforms it.

Galan007
Figured as much. Still doesn't mean he can instantly reform after being struck by universe destroying energies.

Mindset
If it destroys the energy that makes him up, then yea.

Galan007
Yeah. It's just hard for me to believe he can survive/reform from a blast of that magnitude, when he's never had to reconfigure from THAT type of punishment in the past.

Aside from that, how long do you think it will take for quanchi to come in here and repost someone else's pro-Genis argument, and act like that's what he's been saying the entire time? He did it a few times on the last page alone.

Mindset
laughing out loud

I don't know what you're talking about, we get all our arguments from Quan. awepedo

Galan007
...Maybe

vin

quanchi112
So can/did Monarch.

lol, the grasping for straws here is remarkable... Anyway, it's pure speculation that Genis would be able to 'sheet' himself from energies of this magnitude -- he's never 'sheeted' from an attack remotely close to this in the past. It's also worth mentioning how easily KT's hammer-throw busted through Genis' shielding.

Universe-busting energies >> a hammer-throw from KT. A gl's blast also temp ruptured his face plate. It's like the same thing as King Thor except the difference in power between King Thor and a gl is like comparing an ant hill to mount everest.

The blast isn't instantaneous either so with his ca he knows where to be where to escape it. Glad you brought up cosmic awareness.

I rarely post anyone else's argument I made my own and quoited someone else once. Your mind is already made up whereas I am much more flexible it would appear.

Galan007
laughing out loud

Anyway, back to ignore you go.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Anyway, back to ignore you go. Winning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.