Pick your KMC Zombie survival team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Zombies are running amuck. They are the slow, shuffling zombies. You must pick 5 KMCers to team up with and fight for your survival.

List your five choices. Also list the roles they will play (Team leader, medic, etc). Feel free to elaborate.

King Castle
this has bn done at least 5 times and at least one of them was by you..iirc.

both in the off topic and general discussion forum

Rogue Jedi
Not really, not picking 5 KMCers. Thee was one about how you would survive a zombie invasion I remember.

Links?

mikeydude
I R retard. Mai Nam3 !$ KC.

Rogue Jedi
Easy, Mikey.

mikeydude
Sorry. Ill stop.
give me some time ill put together a group.

King Castle
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Not really, not picking 5 KMCers. Thee was one about how you would survive a zombie invasion I remember.

Links? it makes a no never mind to me in the long run since i dont mind re answering this.

5. hot chick: Abs

4. second hot chick: Sin I Am

3. Token Black guy: Blaxican

2. Yokel with weapons: RJ (might die might not 50/50

1.non threatening trusting second in command: Kaibs

mikeydude
Wait, so im confused?
Didnt you just say this thread has been done then you just go with it?
Idontgetit.

Rogue Jedi
1. Impediment for his military experience.

2. KC, same reason.

3. Leo.M, he's a cook.

4. DDM, brains.

5. Medic, dunno anyone here with experience here.

mikeydude

2. KC, same reason.

3. Leo.M, he's a cook.

4. DDM, brains.

Im a cook, and im pretty good with medical experience. Seeming as how my grandmother and Mother worked in the medical field for 7 plus years.
Plus ive showed up Many old men playing arrow for arrow at a Sportsman club.
Shows my aim.

Rogue Jedi
Then you're 5.

King Castle

2. KC, same reason.

3. Leo.M, he's a cook.

4. DDM, brains.

pretty sure me, Kaib and impediment all have 1st aid medical field training..

i would have picked impediment but he is old to me so instead picked Kaib he was army and is still young.

also sin i am was a SSgt in the marines she just got out so bonus

mikeydude
I removed glass from my own foot once with tweezers.
I had to dig into it.
Shit hurt.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by King Castle

i would have picked impediment but he is old to me so instead picked Kaib he was army and is still young.

also sin i am was a SSgt in the marines she just got out so bonus Also gotta consider what each choice brings to the team. Location, vehicles. firearms, etc.

I'm a pretty good choice IMO.

King Castle
well, i am like a cat light on my feet fast as lightning and agile as hell..
plus my urban combat training and my hyper attentiveness due to my PTSD and hypertension gives me a hair trigger.

i am the ultimate urban fighter... (plus a got a couple handguns looking to buy an m16 this year).

iirc you have a cash of weapons rifles and whatnot so that is always good.

the women are for procreation and a reason to live and fight.. need hope, plus ABS intelligence might come useful from time to time if we make it out of the city and need to rebuild but i think you and me would probably know more on how to rebuild from the ground up than she would.

Sin I AM same reason as above plus she knows how to handle weapons and was a drill instructor so she knows how to organize and has a can do attitude...

Blaxican has attitude so hopefully that can be used in this situation plus also as cannon fodder more willing to sacrifice since he has the least to offer.

Kaib Military all around basic combat survival training and for some reason i think he would follow orders and can give a second option in certain situation without stepping on toes.

Rogue Jedi
I'd actually be better off rolling solo.

King Castle
good luck with that

http://mimg.ugo.com/201007/49952/cuts/zombieland_288x288.jpg

Rogue Jedi
Nah, my chances of survival would be much higher.

RE: Blaxican
Impediment, Kaibs and maybe Polaski.

Can't imagine choosing very many others. The bigger the crowd the faster your resources go and the higher the chance that something will go wrong. I imagine that the only time that wouldn't be true is if everyone in the group was military trained, as they would have discipline.

Barker
Bro: Damiano
Second bro: taft
Friend that turns on you and tries to throw you into the zombie horde: Roland
Human shield: kmcdude
Hot chick: silvertears

Impediment

also sin i am was a SSgt in the marines she just got out so bonus

Dude, I'm only 31. Plus, I'm 6'4" and I weigh around 270. When I exited the Army, as an airborne infantryman, I was an E-5. I think that I'd be a valuable asset.

King Castle
oops..

Blaxican is out..(kick in the rear).

i kept thinking you were in the Gulf War embarrasment

mhmm

even than not sure i should take you... i mean i dont wanna compete for the ladies and i still require a sacrificial lamb

Me, in the Gulf War?

I'm 19 dude. no expression

King Castle
i was referring to my fellow vet, we all know you're just some kid which is why i originally had you as my token black guy meant to be killed to slow down the hordes

Impediment
I did two tours of Kuwait and one of Iraq. All three tours sucked rectum.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
Dude, I'm only 31. Plus, I'm 6'4" and I weigh around 270. When I exited the Army, as an airborne infantryman, I was an E-5. I think that I'd be a valuable asset. ****in eh you would, that's why I picked you. WTF does age have to do with anything?

Impediment
Apparently, KC believed me to be a Gulf War vet, which would put me in your age bracket. Not that your age, in my opinion, would or could affect marksmanship.

Rogue Jedi
I'd do well. I'm a deadeye shot with pistol or rifle, I can actually pick one up and load it (unlike some of these rods) and use it accurately, I can fish, hunt, gut and clean a deer. And I have mechanic training.

Rogue Jedi
Everyone is focusing on who's the more badass, there's more to it than that. Knowing how to hunt, kill, clean and cook a deer in the wild, how to catch a fish, clean it and cook it, and mechanical skills, these are just as important.

~Bun Bun~
I'll offer myself up to a team. I figure if i'm not dead right away, I could die to save others with my plumpness.

Impediment
I'm an average shot with a pistol, but a marksman with most any rifle. My specialty weapon is, for obvious military reasons, the M16-A2.

Rogue Jedi
I'm an average shot with a pistol, but a marksman with most any rifle. My specialty weapon is, for obvious military reasons, the M16-A2. See, you and I, we'd make a kickass two man team.

Everyone is focusing on who's the more badass, there's more to it than that. Knowing how to hunt, kill, clean and cook a deer in the wild, how to catch a fish, clean it and cook it, and mechanical skills, these are just as important. That depends a lot on where you're at. The location that I live in is highly urbanized. There are no deer or fish, every other building is a sky scraper with a back-up generator, bathrooms, rooms stocked with disaster supplies, and kitchens, and the streets are lined with cars. Almost none of the skills you mentioned would be very relevant in my situation.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
That depends a lot on where you're at. The location that I live in is highly urbanized. There are no deer or fish, every other building is a sky scraper with a back-up generator, bathrooms, rooms stocked with disaster supplies, and kitchens, and the streets are lined with cars. Almost none of the skills you mentioned would be very relevant in my situation. Well, most agree that survival odds are greater in isolated locations, like out in the country.

I used to believe that, but thinking about it I don't agree 100%. Both locations have their share of dangers.

Rogue Jedi
What dangers would an isolated location have? There will be far fewer zombies there. Fewer zombies= Higher chance of survival.

Mist_haermm
Originally posted by Barker

crylaugh

I pick 5 of the dumbest and slowest people here link-rape

What dangers would an isolated location have? There will be far fewer zombies there. Fewer zombies= Higher chance of survival.

The dangers are:

1. You're more exposed in the wilderness. There are less places to hide or hole up in, and you're easier to spot from a distance.

2. You're at the mercy of the elements.

3. As you said, most people think that it's safer to be out of the city, ergo you'd have more people with the same idea: run to the country.

Those three things combine to create several deadly scenarios.

1. The zombies that are out there have easier access to you. A mindless zedhead can clamber up a hill, walk around a tree or wade through a river. It can break through a wooden door or a window. By comparison, it takes an at least average human level intellect to use an elevator or open a door, and it takes human ingenuity to break through a fire door or navigate to the 30th floor of a sky scraper.

2. All those people who agreed with the notion that the country is safer will mean more zombies wandering the wilderness and more of something even more dangerous than zombies: competing survivors.

3. The large majority of the people wandering the wilderness with you will not have the skills you mentioned, which means that they're going to burn through their resources quickly and do the only thing they can do; try to take yours. Because its pitch black at night in the country, any fire you make to survive the elements I mentioned up above will be visible for miles around, attracting other survivors and zombie alike. There's less shelter (that the average uneducated bumpkin can use) meaning that whatever hole you manage to shack up in will be prime real estate that you'll have to fight others for.

Those are the major issues, and those are all issues that are not nearly as pronounced in a major city.

Rogue Jedi
The dangers are:

1. You're more exposed in the wilderness. There are less places to hide or hole up in, and you're easier to spot from a distance. Spotted by what? There are far fewer zombies there. Any that spot you, I'll snipe from 100 yards away. Wide open areas means less likely to be cornered, less likely to round a corner and run smack dab into a zombie, also means I can see the zombies from farther away.

This is where survival skills come into play.

The country side is vast, dude. Here in Texas, I know many spots where I'd be the only person for miles.

You do realize that in small towns there are buildings that are just as fortifiable as ones in larger cities, yes?

Dude, there will be WAY more survivors in large cities, odds of hostile contact with a survivor is far greater there.

All that you said, it goes the same for the big city, even moreso.

Less zombies, greater chances of survival. There really is no room for argument here.

Spotted by what? There are far fewer zombies there.

Dunno what you're talking about. The city is going to be deserted. Whenever there's any disaster everyone always has the same thought: Get out of the city. You're going to have roving bands and caravans of people wandering through the country trying to get somewhere. The city is going to only be filled with people who either don't have the means to travel or think its safer in the city. As you yourself said, that type of thinking is not very popular.

What's stopping someone from sniping you from 100 yards away?

Also means someone with a hunting rifle can see you from farther away. You keep mentioning zombies; I don't think you appreciate how non-threatening a zombie really is, compared to another human being.

Most people are not going to have your survival skills.

In normal times like this, yeah. In a zombie apocalypse, every individual who thought it'd be a good idea to get out of the city, which will be most people (again, by your own admittance there) will be out wandering the country side. And they'll see your smoke, or your light, or they'll hear your gun shot or smell the cooking deer, from miles away. And they'll come looking for you.

There is not a single building you'll find out in the middle of nowhere, besides maybe a prison, that you can fortify as well as I can fortify a 36 story sky scraper.

Rogue Jedi
Dunno what you're talking about. The city is going to be deserted. Whenever there's any disaster everyone always has the same thought: Get out of the city. You're going to have roving bands and caravans of people wandering through the country trying to get somewhere. The city is going to only be filled with people who either don't have the means to travel or think its safer in the city. As you yourself said, that type of thinking is not very popular. The city is going to be filled with hordes of zombies, far more than the countryside.

So zombies are snipers now?

People will opt to scavenge towns and stores for supplies, dude. This is a much more feasible option than taking mine.

Bitches.

No, they won't. There are far easier ways to obtain supplies than jacking me.

Did I say nowhere?

The city is going to be filled with hordes of zombies, far more than the countryside.

Unless zombies magically sprout from nothingness, that isn't true. Zombies spread from biting people. Since the city will be practically deserted, there will be very few zombies.

Are we pretending that there are only zombies in this scenario?

Tough luck getting to a city that you drove 6 hours away from, only to run out of gas.

Hungry, cold bitches who will try to take your heat and food.

To someone with a car, maybe. Not someone who's half crazy with hunger and stranded out in the middle of the wilderness, which is going to be filled with all those city-dwellers who thought it'd be safer out in the middle of the nowhere.

Okay, okay. A city with 30 story buildings in it, could be fortified as well as my city and its buildings.

EDIT- I feel kind of bad for derailing this thread. I chasitize you and DDM for being gay like that all the time.

Rogue Jedi
Unless zombies magically sprout from nothingness, that isn't true. Zombies spread from biting people. Since the city will be practically deserted, there will be very few zombies. You act like everyone is gonna leave the city. Most will stay in their homes and try to fortify it, or somewhere nearby.

Zombies and humans. Humans aren't hunting humans, as I said, there are far easier ways to attain supplies/shelter/gear.

There are gas stations every few miles on the highway, dude. And I have one of those hand operated gas pumps. Open the tanks and pump away. Get some gas cans and carry all the extra gas I can.

Won't be as many as in the city. Plus they'll likely find their own shelter.

There you go again, pretending that EVERYONE in the city will suddenly migrate to the countryside. Not-gonna-happen.

Too many windows and points of entry.

Bewbz.

How about we just agree to disagree with this. I don't want to throw the thread off-topic any more than I already have, and, I don't think this discussion is going to go anywhere. I grew up in the downtown area of a major city, I'm assuming you didn't. We're both too used to the areas in which we have become accustomed to admit anything either way, I think.

Rogue Jedi
I grew up in a suburban area, I'm white after all. I've lived downtown for years now. I'm used to both areas.

Coldfire
Farms are where it's at, yo.

Rogue Jedi
The lady speaks truth.

Scythe

Hahaha, Roland.

Kaibs
Haha I've never seen this made before... pretty cool! Thanks to everyone who chose me to be on their team! @ KC I technically outrank you (military wise), but since it's your team, yeah I'd take orders. I was an E-6 by the time I left. Obviously I have medical training as all military people do. I also have extended survival tactics since I was a ranger. I prefer the M4-A1 rather than the M16.

I'll post my team later after I think about it.

King Castle
Apparently, KC believed me to be a Gulf War vet, which would put me in your age bracket. Not that your age, in my opinion, would or could affect marksmanship. just your ability to run and evade.

@Kaibs

Marines dont take orders from Army unless president or commandant say so and even than that is unlikely sneer

aside from that we have the rank sliding scale when it comes to you boys, it usually drops two grades. excellent

only one i would listen to on my team when it comes to taking orders would be Sin I Am..

you got that "Sgt"? hooah, it's what we refer to all army Sgt with Sgt in their rank uggh

Kaibs
just your ability to run and evade.

@Kaibs

Marines dont take orders from Army unless president or commandant say so and even than that is unlikely sneer

aside from that we have the rank sliding scale when it comes to you boys, it usually drops two grades. excellent

only one i would listen to on my team when it comes to taking orders would be Sin I Am..

you got that "Sgt"? hooah, it's what we refer to all army Sgt with Sgt in their rank uggh

You're severely mistaken if you think I was an ordinary 11b. I wouldn't expect a marine to take orders from the army and vice versa. Imp can tell you about airborne training, and I'm not sure if he did rangers or not.

King Castle

Robtard
just your ability to run and evade.

Mexican, please, I've got at least 6 years on Imp and I could out-run and evade most of you younger ****s easy, it's a matter of power-to-weight ratio and overall fitness. Check and check.

Plus when it comes to quick-thinking, I'm like Macgyer, I've fixed shit with limited resources on the fly.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Mexican, please, I've got at least 6 years on Imp and I could out-run and evade most of you younger ****s easy, it's a matter of power-to-weight ratio and overall fitness. Check and check.

Plus when it comes to quick-thinking, I'm like Macgyer, I've fixed shit with limited resources on the fly. And cars and stuff.

I see you more like Magruber.

Robtard
And cars and stuff.

I see you more like Magruber.

E.G. Carburetor on the speed-boat with an Olds 455 got clogged up cos some asshat filled the gas-tank with leaves and we were stranded in the middle of the lake as the sun was setting, I got us back to shore with a stick and an empty water bottle. Macgyver.

Na, bro. Sticking celery up the ass is all you.

King Castle
if this were shaun of the dead this would be my revised list

1. Robtart: you need someone hip with the current entertainment culture so as to reference jokes. he would fit the bill similar to shawn(psych)

2. Blaxican : still need the obnoxious black token guy who gets eaten the 1st few minutes of the rampage due to his urban hysteric.

3. RJ still need the older white guy douche who would betray everyone at the drop of the hat.

4. Abs still need the hot chick for eye candy to keep the audience attention hoping for some kind of nude scene or wardrobe malfunction.

5. Kaibs the young army cat fresh out who is motto and will die idiotically heroically..

by the way all these terms are acceptable to me, Native bro, Yaqui, navajo, apache, nican tlaca, at the very least if you are gonna equate me to that at least type it as you phonetically think it out.. Meaheco and dont Anglicize it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_6LhIxKGvo

Robtard
RJ still need the older white guy douche who would betray everyone at the drop of the hat.

Bingo, he'd totally be Carter Burke.

Kaibs

Kaibs
if this were shaun of the dead this would be my revised list

1. Robtart: you need someone hip with the current entertainment culture so as to reference jokes. he would fit the bill similar to shawn(psych)

2. Blaxican : still need the obnoxious black token guy who gets eaten the 1st few minutes of the rampage due to his urban hysteric.

3. RJ still need the older white guy douche who would betray everyone at the drop of the hat.

4. Abs still need the hot chick for eye candy to keep the audience attention hoping for some kind of nude scene or wardrobe malfunction.

5. Kaibs the young army cat fresh out who is motto and will die idiotically heroically..

by the way all these terms are acceptable to me, Native bro, Yaqui, navajo, apache, nican tlaca, at the very least if you are gonna equate me to that at least type it as you phonetically think it out.. Meaheco and dont Anglicize it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_6LhIxKGvo

I would defy all rules and live. In every scenario.

Rogue Jedi
LOL @ picking chicks for eye candy. Pick someone who can actually contribute.

Insomniatric
The only KMC member I would need would be myself (I also don't know anyone on here well enough to pick them).

I have a lot of Muay Thai/Boxing experience (could come in handy). I'm also more than smart enough to survive, or do something like make my own weapons, or figure out how to use weapons. Also my speed/strength/stamina would be a big help too.

I would pick some of you guys, but I don't really know anything about you.

Rogue Jedi
h2h combat with a zombie is fail.

Robtard

How do you know! Getting a zombie in a clinch and kneeing might be the way to go.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
How do you know! Getting a zombie in a clinch and kneeing might be the way to go. I meant throwing punches. Still, grappling with a zombie, fail. Use a gun. Or a melee weapon. Anyone who allows themselves to get in a position to go h2h with a zombie is an idiot.

jinXed by JaNx
Ridley Prime, Rogue Jedi, backfire

StarCraft2
I am a medic since I am a nurse and know how to change gauze and wound cleansing LOL And I know where medications are located. mix and match meds to relieve pain. just use a gun to open up them locked med rooms. I can use syringes and tubes to do treatments and such. and if its a zombie that spreads viral infection, i can get antivirals and inject it on your deltoids.

as for my combat skills. All I need is a sword which I have it next to my bed. and I bought a riot shield which is in my trunk of my car. LOL I am an idiot for buying a shield

Rogue Jedi
The riot shield in Red Faction is lulz.

StarCraft2
Lol at trying to muaythai a zombie...

dude I fight competitive sport even I know that fighting a mass zombie army with martial art is hella stupid.

Or is it because youre a fanboy of striking style of Martial arts?

either way I lafft when I saw boxing/muaythai vs zombie comment. I am sticking to my sword and shield while injecting pain meds on my team of gun slingers.

Medic (me) decapitate zombies with my sword while I shield bash and push them back 300 spartan style. (and yes i also went to a european martial art school teaching how to fence with sword and shield)
Leader (King Castle -military background, he can teach how to use guns and locate guns, military bases police dept and such)
Others Rogue jedi, abnormalinsane (I forgot how to spell) AC/DC chick Sancty ... these other people can pick up a bat/gun/ and kill them zombies as long as they are taught by KC.

and I chose girls on the team so that we can repopulate after zombie apocalypse. ROFL because i always think ahead. If we survive and kill zombies. next step is repopulate and rebuild human race.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by StarCraft2
Lol at trying to muaythai a zombie...

dude I fight competitive sport even I know that fighting a mass zombie army with martial art is hella stupid.

Or is it because youre a fanboy of striking style of Martial arts?

either way I lafft when I saw boxing/muaythai vs zombie comment. I am sticking to my sword and shield while injecting pain meds on my team of gun slingers.

Medic (me) decapitate zombies with my sword while I shield bash and push them back 300 spartan style. (and yes i also went to a european martial art school teaching how to fence with sword and shield)
Leader (King Castle -military background, he can teach how to use guns and locate guns, military bases police dept and such)
Others Rogue jedi, abnormalinsane (I forgot how to spell) AC/DC chick Sancty ... these other people can pick up a bat/gun/ and kill them zombies as long as they are taught by KC.

and I chose girls on the team so that we can repopulate after zombie apocalypse. ROFL because i always think ahead. If we survive and kill zombies. next step is repopulate and rebuild human race. Indeed. Unless you are Alice, h2h on a zombie fails.

The only thing I might learn from someone with military training (KC or Impediment), is the fine points of using an automatic weapon, grenades, shit like that.

Insomniatric

I wouldn't choose to do that, but it's better to know how to fight if it comes down to it.

And I'm sure there would be some people who would fight me for something too.

It's just my personal opinion that knowing how to fight in a hostile situation would be helpful. I guess that is just stupid though.

People who aren't prepared for hand to hand combat fail.

It WOULD happen in a situation like this, there would be people who would want to fight you to take something from you.

Trying to go all CQC on a horde of zombies doesn't sound like a good idea. If you end up getting surrounded you're ****ed.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Insomniatric
I wouldn't choose to do that, but it's better to know how to fight if it comes down to it.

And I'm sure there would be some people who would fight me for something too.

It's just my personal opinion that knowing how to fight in a hostile situation would be helpful. I guess that is just stupid though.

People who aren't prepared for hand to hand combat fail.

It WOULD happen in a situation like this, there would be people who would want to fight you to take something from you. I would always have a backup weapon. Two words: Tactical reload.

If I am in a position where I have no time to reload, I empty the assault rifle, empty the shotgun, empty the 2-3 pistols I have on me, then I go to melee weapons. Baseball bat, machete, etc.

If I do all that and STILL am surrounded, I deserve to die.

dadudemon
Zombie outbreak highest frequency: Cities.

In all outbreak models, you can see the "outbreaks" start at the major cities and spread out like a growing fungus.

If you have a death wish, go to a city during a zombie outbreak: it will have the highest concentration of zombies. You will also have the least likely chance of survicing from just a "food" perspective alone. Unless you magically get stuck in a Super-Market when NO ONE was in it at the time of the outbreak and no one enters is before you fortify it, you will not be able to get any food, at all, without having to dangerously enter the "outside" to make it to some food. The food? It will all rot in a day or 3 without power...which is most likely what would happen during an outbreak of apocolyptic levels. You can't "hunt" down a can of beans in a city. You can certainly hunt down a wild animal in the woods.

Absolute worst place to be during a zombie outbreak: Cities.

Absolute best place to be: Rural coastline with a boat.

Also, don't forget about eating the zombies. Just because they are trying to eat you, doesn't mean you can't eat them. It would be just like any other pathogen: prepare you food carefully, wash your hands afterwards...don't cut meat with any cuts, and cook your meat until it is well done. That's a nice source of food for, at the most, the first 28 days.

Also, the MASS deaths would create TONS of vermin and pestulance. If you manage to survive past the first 28 days, you'll need to know how to deal with that and/or avoid it.

My team:

RJ
StarCraft2
ImmatureRainbow (I was thinking of the person who may have the best cardiovascular fitness and she may be it. Also, she will be in better shape than anyone on our team.)
Impediment
Robtard

Can't even believe you're trying to pass that cardiovascular fitness shit breh. Just say it, someone has to keep morale up, and old Eddie Murphy stand-up jokes will only take a man so far.

dadudemon
Can't even believe you're trying to pass that cardiovascular fitness shit breh. Just say it, someone has to keep morale up, and old Eddie Murphy stand-up jokes will only take a man so far.

I cannot think of anyone with better cardio-training on KMC.

I'm dead serious. no expression

There may be someone else but they'd have to be a marathon runner.

Oh... oh ho ho.. I get you. I misunderstood initially.

Stamina is important. This is true. Especially with 5 sexual tyrannosaurus.

dadudemon
Oh... oh ho ho.. I get you. I misunderstood initially.

Stamina is important. This is true. Especially with 5 sexual tyrannosaurus.

NO, that's not what I meant. However, I would now like to pretend that that was what I meant because it makes me look cool/clever.

Additionally, I'd like to submit that I would be the alpha-male and we all know the alpha-male gets sole mating privilages. awesome

Really, though, I was thinking of someone that could run farther and/or faster than anyone else on KMC such as a potential suicide retrieval mission.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
Zombie outbreak highest frequency: Cities.

In all outbreak models, you can see the "outbreaks" start at the major cities and spread out like a growing fungus.

If you have a death wish, go to a city during a zombie outbreak: it will have the highest concentration of zombies. You will also have the least likely chance of survicing from just a "food" perspective alone. Unless you magically get stuck in a Super-Market when NO ONE was in it at the time of the outbreak and no one enters is before you fortify it, you will not be able to get any food, at all, without having to dangerously enter the "outside" to make it to some food. The food? It will all rot in a day or 3 without power...which is most likely what would happen during an outbreak of apocolyptic levels. You can't "hunt" down a can of beans in a city. You can certainly hunt down a wild animal in the woods.

Absolute worst place to be during a zombie outbreak: Cities.

Absolute best place to be: Rural coastline with a boat.

Also, don't forget about eating the zombies. Just because they are trying to eat you, doesn't mean you can't eat them. It would be just like any other pathogen: prepare you food carefully, wash your hands afterwards...don't cut meat with any cuts, and cook your meat until it is well done. That's a nice source of food for, at the most, the first 28 days.

Also, the MASS deaths would create TONS of vermin and pestulance. If you manage to survive past the first 28 days, you'll need to know how to deal with that and/or avoid it.

My team:

RJ
StarCraft2
ImmatureRainbow (I was thinking of the person who may have the best cardiovascular fitness and she may be it. Also, she will be in better shape than anyone on our team.)
Impediment
Robtard I'd trade Immaturerainbow for KC, if he has the training he says. Military training >>>>>>> unbelievably hot chick.

Insomniatric
I would always have a backup weapon. Two words: Tactical reload.

If I am in a position where I have no time to reload, I empty the assault rifle, empty the shotgun, empty the 2-3 pistols I have on me, then I go to melee weapons. Baseball bat, machete, etc.

If I do all that and STILL am surrounded, I deserve to die.

It's not in me to just give up, so I wouldn't stand there and let the zombies just kill me. I would fight with everything I had until they got me.

I would use weapons, but my Muay Thai and Boxing experience could come in handy in situations where I don't have a weapon.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Insomniatric
It's not in me to just give up, so I wouldn't stand there and let the zombies just kill me. I would fight with everything I had until they got me.

I would use weapons, but my Muay Thai and Boxing experience could come in handy in situations where I don't have a weapon. Or you could be smart and not get into a situation where you're surrounded. This is where I'd excel, playing it smart.

Don't be so modest RJ You excel at everything, you badass cowboy.

Rogue Jedi
That's what your mom said. Doooooooooooooh.....

oh ho ho.

Rogue Jedi
I got a machine gun too.

Kram3r

>implying there is any other answer than this one.

immaturerainbow
Hmmm, I am unsure.

Barker
Also drafting Mist to my all Zombie-Horde team as the guy who shows up randomly then disappears and we think he's dead and then somehow shows up in our protected camp a month later and we all wonder how the hell he got through our defenses and we get all paranoid and leave the camp because we think the zombies can get in now and we spend the next few years building a new safe site and then mist does it all again.

Mist_haermm
haermm

StarCraft2
So here is mine. If I am the main character. The story goes how do I go and survive a zombie horde and meet up with 5 surviving people each one that can contribute to survival. I am assuming that Zombie-ness is caused by virus.

Me - contributions/skills = raid hospitals, Give IV, Search/give various Meds. O2 tanks (can be used as explosives or pain relief when my team of gun slingers are fatigued) Dress up some wounds. gauze it up stop bleeding. And if you go psycho/lose your mind, cant handle the stress I'll give you haldol/ativan to calm you down by Injection. My main goal is to find as much antivirals as possible so that I prevent my team from turning into Zombie.

King Castle - Main attacker/Gun slinger/party leader = his military experience with small arms will help us survive the zombie horde.

Impediment - Gun slinger = his military experience with arms will double the chances of surviving the zombie onslaught.

Abnormalbutsane, Naz, ImmatureRainbow = civilians - can hold a gun, can be trained by KC or Impediment.

all inherent skills to the surviving team (raid various buildings for items, food, guns, armors, meds.)

my weakness on my team = We got no mechanic who can make us mobile...

Dave_97
So here is mine. If I am the main character. The story goes how do I go and survive a zombie horde and meet up with 5 surviving people each one that can contribute to survival. I am assuming that Zombie-ness is caused by virus.

Me - contributions/skills = raid hospitals, Give IV, Search/give various Meds. O2 tanks (can be used as explosives or pain relief when my team of gun slingers are fatigued) Dress up some wounds. gauze it up stop bleeding. And if you go psycho/lose your mind, cant handle the stress I'll give you haldol/ativan to calm you down by Injection. My main goal is to find as much antivirals as possible so that I prevent my team from turning into Zombie.

King Castle - Main attacker/Gun slinger/party leader = his military experience with small arms will help us survive the zombie horde.

Impediment - Gun slinger = his military experience with arms will double the chances of surviving the zombie onslaught.

Abnormalbutsane, Naz, ImmatureRainbow = civilians - can hold a gun, can be trained by KC or Impediment.

all inherent skills to the surviving team (raid various buildings for items, food, guns, armors, meds.)

my weakness on my team = We got no mechanic who can make us mobile...

KC? dude, wtf.

have you no shame.

too far bro... too far...

StarCraft2
in the end..king castle is the hero who dies by sacrifcing himself so me and impediment and naz immaturerainbow and abnormalbutsane could escape from the zombie horde. next leader is impediment

Dave_97
who says i'd allow you to take immaturerainbow on your team?
who says she wouldnt already be on my team?

StarCraft2
fine ill switch to sancty

Mairuzu
http://all-that-is-interesting.com/post/4956385434/the-first-zombie-proof-house

AbnormalButSane
Me: zombie killer

Cherrywild: for some sweet lovin' flirt

Rogue Jedi

my weakness on my team = We got no mechanic who can make us mobile... Me.

dadudemon
Imma choose this old man to be on my team, lol:

UcpB2l-ljnc

Blinky
What about me?

I can make sandwhiches......

Rogue Jedi
Imma choose this old man to be on my team, lol:

UcpB2l-ljnc Lulz vid or pic?

Quiero Mota
Me.

My mechanical skills > yours

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
My mechanical skills > yours Yeah but I'm white. Plus I can work on big rigs.

Truth be told, most of the mechanic work one would do is simple shit. Changing an alternator, swapping out a battery, shit like that. That and simple maintenance. If you blow an engine or a transmission, or drop a driveline or break an axle, it wouldn't be worth the effort to fix. Just find a new ride, hotwire that *****.

So really, even someone who is a half ass mechanic would get the job done. I bet most here wouldn't even know how to change spark plugs.

dadudemon
Lulz vid or pic?

lol, I can't decide!

UcpB2l-ljnc

Rogue Jedi
=

Quiero Mota
Yeah but I'm white. Plus I can work on big rigs.

Truth be told, most of the mechanic work one would do is simple shit. Changing an alternator, swapping out a battery, shit like that. That and simple maintenance. If you blow an engine or a transmission, or drop a driveline or break an axle, it wouldn't be worth the effort to fix. Just find a new ride, hotwire that *****.

So really, even someone who is a half ass mechanic would get the job done. I bet most here wouldn't even know how to change spark plugs.

Good point; rudimentary mechanical knowledge would serve in most cases. Still, knowing how to fix an axle might come in handy at some point.

About hotwiring a car: in movies they depict it as being a smooth, clean operation that's completed in a few seconds. But that's a myth that has been propagated by Hollywood. It actually takes upwards of 10, 15 or maybe even 20 minutes. And you'll need a look-out to make sure the coast is clear while you're down looking at the steering column. (Yeah, I know, its kinda sad that I actually know this.) In fact, most car thefts in the US occur when careless owners unwittingly leave their keys in the ignition, or the door.

Fun fact: you can force-start many vehicles on the road today by jamming a common (flathead) screwdriver into the ignition and cranking it. Though, this trick typically only works on pre-2000 vehicles. Most newer models have more fragile circuitry.

Rogue Jedi
Good point; rudimentary mechanical knowledge would serve in most cases. Still, knowing how to fix an axle might come in handy at some point.

About hotwiring a car: in movies they depict it as being a smooth, clean operation that's completed in a few seconds. But that's a myth that has been propagated by Hollywood. It actually takes upwards of 10, 15 or maybe even 20 minutes. And you'll need a look-out to make sure the coast is clear while you're down looking at the steering column. (Yeah, I know, its kinda sad that I actually know this.) In fact, most car thefts in the US occurs when careless owners unwittingly leave their keys in the ignition or the door.

Fun fact: you can force-start many vehicles on the road today by jamming a common (flathead) screwdriver into the ignition and cranking it. Though, this trick typically only works on pre-2000 vehicles. Most newer models have more fragile circuitry.

Lulz don't feel bad, I know some of that shit too. Most mechanics worth their salt do.

Jimmy Rigging will also come in very handy. Or, as some like to call it, "African Engineering."

I don't call it that. Just saying.

dadudemon
Or, as some like to call it, "African Engineering."

Yeah, you call it something else. no expression

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, you call it something else. no expression Jimmy Rigging.

mikeydude
Nigga Rigging.
Fix'd.

StarCraft2
revised.

Me - Medic -main character of the story
Impediment - military experience/party leader
Rogue Jedi - Mechanic/get them broke cars running/raid for car parts
Naz - another civilian who can hold a gun
Sancty - Civ can hold a gun
Abnormalbutsane - can hold gun can shoot

Cherrywild
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
Me: zombie killer

Cherrywild: for some sweet lovin' flirt OH HEY.

wink

Cherrywild
But seriously...

Team leader: Dark C - He's got it together. Calm head in stressful situations.

Second in command-type: Itzak - He's a freaking black belt texan.

The hard ass: TRH

Bad ass medic, gunner, do all chick: Uneek

The ladies: Sancty, ABS, Bunbun - They all kick ass. I wouldn't mess with them!

The weird one with a sawed off who is generally pretty quiet and creepy - Me!

mikeydude
Revised:
Kaibs
John
Dom
Immature rainbow
Blax
I feel like I have everything there.
A big hefty man.
military man.
Redneck.
Womans.
And a black man.
I think it would be a pretty good team. Because you always need a black man and a Redneck.

Rogue Jedi
I'd pick no one. Rolling solo greatly improves my chances of survival.

1. I would only have to scavenge for myself.

2. Also, sooner or later, with others around, I would have to trust one of them with getting my back.

3. I am an ex mechanic. I can handle a firearm better than most. I know basic first aid. I can hunt, fish, live off the land if need be. Most people wouldn't have an idea what to do with a caught fish.

Having others around would be a distraction, so you can all go to hell.

Quiero Mota

Not really. The lone caveman seldom survived in the wild for long, much less passed on his genes.

Rogue Jedi
Not really. The lone caveman seldom survived in the wild for long, much less passed on his genes. Nah, there'd be the occasional passer-by, just not someone shacking with me.

Rogue Jedi
At the most I'd need one person along for the ride. Someone who is good with a gun, who can do basic mechanic work, who can keep watch as I sleep, and vice versa.

mikeydude

1. I would only have to scavenge for myself.

2. Also, sooner or later, with others around, I would have to trust one of them with getting my back.

3. I am an ex mechanic. I can handle a firearm better than most. I know basic first aid. I can hunt, fish, live off the land if need be. Most people wouldn't have an idea what to do with a caught fish.

Having others around would be a distraction, so you can all go to hell.
Only thing is I'd be that guy who let's people choose their own fate. Either get out of my way or be killed. Had a dream about it. Didn't get to finish the dream, sucked ass.

Rogue Jedi
Even then, having people around, you'd grow attached to them, they'd be a distraction.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Blinky
What about me?

I can make sandwhiches......

Eon Blue
Eon Blue
Rogue Jedi

All there needs to be, really.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Eon Blue
Rogue Jedi

All there needs to be, really. Mhm. I kill it, you cook it. Woman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.