Monarch vs Darkseid/Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is Monarch at his Prime... (arena monarch). Can the duo take him out?

If his suit is ruptured in this fight, he is self bfred... he loses.

Who wins?

I honestly believe that the blast that he used that wiped out a continent is enough to take both of these peeps out.

Omega Vision
Technically Monarch in his Prime is Post-Arena or at the end of Arena. Was that what you meant?

Edit: And if you think that a blast that Monarch did casually with but a wave of his hand can take both DS and Thanos out then you don't really think this is much of a fight, do you? stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
Carver, you fool. stick out tongue You said rupturing his suit results in a self BFR. Of course the team wins.

carver9
Prime with the guardian amp ripped his suit. Numerous of Supermen along with numerous of GL's failed to do this so what makes you think Thanos and Darkseid can? How far above Superman strength do you think they are?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by carver9
Prime with the guardian amp ripped his suit. Numerous of Supermen along with numerous of GL's failed to do this so what makes you think Thanos and Darkseid can? How far above Superman strength do you think they are? Very far.

carver9
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Very far.

Far enough to match NUMEROUS of Supermen and GLs strength and even then, all of that power failed at even making Monarch budge.

Darkseid and a regular Superman are equals when it comes to strength. I know for a FACT that he is rupturing the suit and Thanos isn't stronger than 10 Supermen.

Omega Vision
If they're ripping Monarch's suit I don't think it will be with physical attacks. Neither of them are fliers/speedsters and Monarch has no reason to try taking the fight up close and personal so this will likely turn into a blasting contest.

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
If they're ripping Monarch's suit I don't think it will be with physical attacks. Neither of them are fliers/speedsters and Monarch has no reason to try taking the fight up close and personal so this will likely turn into a blasting contest.

And IMO, they would lose and hard at that.

quanchi112
Thanos solos.

carver9
And IMO, they would lose and hard at that.

Thanos isn't soloing and its a possbility they are losing this.

quanchi112
Thanos isn't soloing and its a possbility they are losing this. Based on what ?

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on what ?

Quan, I promise you that you don't want to debate on this topic... I will DESTROY you. Leave it as it is...

Monarch stomps 9/10 and I don't even know how Thanos is pulling the 1 win that I gave him.

quanchi112
Quan, I promise you that you don't want to debate on this topic... I will DESTROY you. Leave it as it is...

Monarch stomps 9/10 and I don't even know how Thanos is pulling the 1 win that I gave him. Empty threats. Thanos would tear through his armor every single time. Feel free to prove otherwise.

carver9
Empty threats. Thanos would tear through his armor every single time. Feel free to prove otherwise.

Read above...

I already gave my reasons?

quanchi112
Far enough to match NUMEROUS of Supermen and GLs strength and even then, all of that power failed at even making Monarch budge.

Darkseid and a regular Superman are equals when it comes to strength. I know for a FACT that he is rupturing the suit and Thanos isn't stronger than 10 Supermen. Originally posted by carver9
Read above...

I already gave my reasons? His armor was ruptured by one green lantern. Where are you getting 10 Supermen from ? You always are flat out wrong about the details about 99 percent of what you post. How ?

carver9
His armor was ruptured by one green lantern. Where are you getting 10 Supermen from ? You always are flat out wrong about the details about 99 percent of what you post. How ?

His armor wasn't ruptured, his face mask was lifted.

And the team that he fought would kill Thanos.

TricksterPriest

Monarch stomps 9/10 and I don't even know how Thanos is pulling the 1 win that I gave him.

durslide Go Carver, go Carver, go go.

iceman24567
Monarch wins

WhiteWitchKing
This is Monarch at his Prime... (arena monarch). Can the duo take him out?

If his suit is ruptured in this fight, he is self bfred... he loses.

Who wins?

I honestly believe that the blast that he used that wiped out a continent is enough to take both of these peeps out.

Is this Pre-Crisis Darkseid? If yes, Darkseid erases Monarch.

carver9
No, its standard Darkseid.

quanchi112

And the team that he fought would kill Thanos. It states ruptured right on the panel. Do you read these comics ?

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/CountdownArena02p37-2.jpg

carver9
It states ruptured right on the panel. Do you read these comics ?

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/CountdownArena02p37-2.jpg

I know what it say... I'm telling you what I think happened since that is what it appears like and that still doesn't take away all the things that he has tanked.

quanchi112
You said..

And the team that he fought would kill Thanos. This proves you lie. It states the exact word I used which you disagreed with. You're wrong. One gl ruptured it. Thanos' power far exceeds this. You also stated 10 Supermen which is another lie.

iceman24567
That was pre upgrade Monarch and during that arch energy attacks from Supermen, Captain Atoms and Green Lanterns were bouncing off him low balling is low balling

carver9
You said..
This proves you lie. It states the exact word I used which you disagreed with. You're wrong. One gl ruptured it. Thanos' power far exceeds this. You also stated 10 Supermen which is another lie.

So you don't think the first wave of heros that he fought were either equal to Superman or slightly below him? The first squad that he fought before facing all of those Captain Atoms was either Superman equal or slightly below him and like I said before, put Thanos in that spot and he would have died.

Also, the rupturing of his armor could have been a low showing because it isn't consistent with his other showings. Superman punched him directly in the face and he didn't even flinch.

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
That was pre upgrade Monarch and during that arch energy attacks from Supermen, Captain Atoms and Green Lanterns were bouncing off him low balling is low balling Either put me on ignore or don't. You can't have it both ways. The point is his powers were upgraded not his suit. I already have Prime at reg powers ripping it wide open. That's all I need to prove it can happen.

A gl rupturing it isn't beating him only proves a top tier has the power to rupture it but someone with Prime strength can rip it wide open.

quanchi112
So you don't think the first wave of heros that he fought were either equal to Superman or slightly below him? The first squad that he fought before facing all of those Captain Atoms was either Superman equal or slightly below him and like I said before, put Thanos in that spot and he would have died.

Also, the rupturing of his armor could have been a low showing because it isn't consistent with his other showings. Superman punched him directly in the face and he didn't even flinch. You said 10 Supermen. That's a lie. You always say things that twist the truth a lot. He pwned a large group of top tiers which is impressive but don't twist it into something it wasn't he never faced 10 supermen ever.

You can't prove that. Put up or shut up. Thanos faced off against Thor with the power gem who wrecked through Surfer, a team, and classic Strange yet Thanos met him head on. You need to cite actual proof not more random unproven theories.

Just admit you were wrong when I said it ruptured him. It did and stated it right on panel my points aren't proven by this showing since this didn't defeat him but Prime did.

Thanos has the power the achieve this.

iceman24567
carver finally knows how it feels when somebody is obviously lowballing to.try and "prove" a point eek!

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
carver finally knows how it feels when somebody is obviously lowballing to.try and "prove" a point eek! When did I ever state Thanos wins because his suit was ruptured by a gl ? eek!

carver9
When did I ever state Thanos wins because his suit was ruptured by a gl ? eek!

Lol laughing

Lololhaha...

Iceman, I would be PISSED if I were you. Did you see what he did... he mimicked your smiley after his question..lol.

You and Quan need to plan a meeting at CVS so that you can whip that a**. That was disrespectful.

Quan, you owe him an apology.

quanchi112
Lol laughing

Lololhaha...

Iceman, I would be PISSED if I were you. Did you see what he did... he mimicked your smiley after his question..lol.

You and Quan need to plan a meeting at CVS so that you can whip that a**. That was disrespectful.

Quan, you owe him an apology. Nah.

carver9
You said 10 Supermen. That's a lie. You always say things that twist the truth a lot. He pwned a large group of top tiers which is impressive but don't twist it into something it wasn't he never faced 10 supermen ever.

You can't prove that. Put up or shut up. Thanos faced off against Thor with the power gem who wrecked through Surfer, a team, and classic Strange yet Thanos met him head on. You need to cite actual proof not more random unproven theories.

Just admit you were wrong when I said it ruptured him. It did and stated it right on panel my points aren't proven by this showing since this didn't defeat him but Prime did.

Thanos has the power the achieve this.

Quan, get off of it. I already explained what I meant to you.

It was a low showing in regards to a gl rupturing the suit since he has tanked much more than that. That's like me bringing up Gamora kicking Thanos face in after a brawl or Spiderman making Thanos head do a 360.

Thanos can't take on the team Monarch did.

Thanos got 3 shotted by Thor and went for a weapon. The fight wasn't that long.

quanchi112
Quan, get off of it. I already explained what I meant to you.

It was a low showing in regards to a gl rupturing the suit since he has tanked much more than that. That's like me bringing up Gamora kicking Thanos face in after a brawl or Spiderman making Thanos head do a 360.

Thanos can't take on the team Monarch did.

Thanos got 3 shotted by Thor and went for a weapon. The fight wasn't that long. You said it never ruptured it. It did but not enough to beat him. I was just proving a point. The point is though Prime has the strength to defeat Monarch.

Thanos has the strength and power to breach it in the same manner which gets a win.

I've seen these arguments before and I've shot them down I don't scream low balling and shut down.

Prove Thanos can't take on the team that Monarch did. Monarch also can't beat Thor with the power gem imo. This has nothing to do with how these characters match up against each other.

The fight was long enough we only saw three panels of fighting and Thanos was fine against a crazed, power gem amped Thor who easily cut through a team, surfer, and strange.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Carver... how on earth can it be a LOW showing. This is Hulk or Surfer or Thor or Superman who have had THOUSANDS of high showings and some bad ones mixed in there. Monarch had very little appearances.. thus they are LOW showings... these are ALL the showings we have and need to be taken as such in their totality. If Prime could rupture his suit, if a GL can rupture his suit... This team wins with ease. I even believe Thanos would rupture it alone.. giving him Seid... Game over

Estacado
So what did Thanos do in Imperative that makes quan think he could beat MOnarch?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Carver... how on earth can it be a LOW showing. This is Hulk or Surfer or Thor or Superman who have had THOUSANDS of high showings and some bad ones mixed in there. Monarch had very little appearances.. thus they are LOW showings... these are ALL the showings we have and need to be taken as such in their totality. If Prime could rupture his suit, if a GL can rupture his suit... This team wins with ease. I even believe Thanos would rupture it alone.. giving him Seid... Game over
IIRC the GL ring self-destructing barely ruptured it at all, it wasn't a full rupture.

And its not like Prime rupturing the suit means Thanos could.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Ooo yes because PRIME is so so much stronger than Thanos or Seid.. and they couldn't possibly do it right? The fact is, there are no LOW showings for Monarch... he has very few appearance and thus they are simply his showings. Not high or low.

Omega Vision
Ooo yes because PRIME is so so much stronger than Thanos or Seid.. and they couldn't possibly do it right? The fact is, there are no LOW showings for Monarch... he has very few appearance and thus they are simply his showings. Not high or low.
Whether or not you think Thanos is as strong as Prime (I don't think he is) the fact remains that Thanos can't fly and isn't fast enough to close the distance and rupture the suit the way Prime could.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You do know Thanos can Teleport right? He could teleport right in front of him and tear open the suit or behind him to beat that ass while DS takes care of the front. It's a spite stomp in favor of the team

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
So what did Thanos do in Imperative that makes quan think he could beat MOnarch? The fact he destroyed billions of lives while naked on the ucot's homeworld while mindless comes to mind. The fact he displayed the strength while weakened to easily dominate Mar-vell who was playing with the Surfer and Nova like minor irritants and who oneshotted Magus to death.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Whether or not you think Thanos is as strong as Prime (I don't think he is) the fact remains that Thanos can't fly and isn't fast enough to close the distance and rupture the suit the way Prime could. Teleportation and shielding. Also how many characters got right up in Monarch's face throughout his few appearances yet somehow Thanos can't ? LOL.

Omega Vision
You do know Thanos can Teleport right? He could teleport right in front of him and tear open the suit or behind him to beat that ass while DS takes care of the front. It's a spite stomp in favor of the team
How many times has he teleported in combat?

TricksterPriest
FYI, Kurupt even admitted that Thanos does not like using his natural teleportation when he has other options. Since has to concentrate and it may take something out of him, I'd say he's not likely to use it unless he gets into a pinch.

Darkseid on the other hand......has combat teleportation and flight in addition to superspeed. Though, half the time he arrives via boomtube. Probably because it's more intimidating.

iceman24567
Thanos has tech that allows him to teleport too iirc

The Return
Carver... how on earth can it be a LOW showing. This is Hulk or Surfer or Thor or Superman who have had THOUSANDS of high showings and some bad ones mixed in there. Monarch had very little appearances.. thus they are LOW showings... these are ALL the showings we have and need to be taken as such in their totality. If Prime could rupture his suit, if a GL can rupture his suit... This team wins with ease. I even believe Thanos would rupture it alone.. giving him Seid... Game over Prime is so far above Thanos it's ridiculous. Prime also Ruptured monarch's suit with the life force of a guardian. One guardian was able to empower an entire corpse himself. So um, no that is not a low showing. And the GL did not rupture monarchs suit. If he had, that universe would have died. At best, he cracked the glass shielding. And that was BEFORE Monarch absorbed the power of 52 other Captain Atoms.

Nihilist
Originally posted by The Return
Prime is so far above Thanos it's ridiculous. Prime also Ruptured monarch's suit with the life force of a guardian. One guardian was able to empower an entire corpse himself. So um, no that is not a low showing. And the GL did not rupture monarchs suit. If he had, that universe would have died. At best, he cracked the glass shielding. And that was BEFORE Monarch absorbed the power of 52 other Captain Atoms. So far above he couldnt beat a weak inexperienced Sodat Yat to death, that Yat would have been dead if Thanos hit with the same amount of punches.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Nihilist
So far above he couldnt beat a weak inexperienced Sodat Yat to death, that Yat would have been dead if Thanos hit with the same amount of punches. Remember the Prime that Monarch faced was amped to another level

quanchi112
Prime is so far above Thanos it's ridiculous. Prime also Ruptured monarch's suit with the life force of a guardian. One guardian was able to empower an entire corpse himself. So um, no that is not a low showing. And the GL did not rupture monarchs suit. If he had, that universe would have died. At best, he cracked the glass shielding. And that was BEFORE Monarch absorbed the power of 52 other Captain Atoms. A gl ruptured it slightly he didn't rip it wide open like Prime. How is Prime above Thanos ?

The Return
So far above he couldnt beat a weak inexperienced Sodat Yat to death, that Yat would have been dead if Thanos hit with the same amount of punches. Yat had the Full power of the Ion entity within him. The thing that allowed Kyle to restructure reality on a whim. Yat, himself already being a GL stacked with a Daxamite. Of course Prime wasn't going to beat Yat to death. The fact that he still beat Yat was very impressive.

quanchi112
Yat had the Full power of the Ion entity within him. The thing that allowed Kyle to restructure reality on a whim. Yat, himself already being a GL stacked with a Daxamite. Of course Prime wasn't going to beat Yat to death. The fact that he still beat Yat was very impressive. Yat was nowhere near Kyle in terms of experience, feats, or power to trying to draw a connection between the two is being dishonest and without merit.

The Return
Yat was nowhere near Kyle in terms of experience, feats, or power to trying to draw a connection between the two is being dishonest and without merit. I dont' care about the power output. I am simply pointing out that the entity inside of Sodam Yat was a reality buster and was not going to allow the being it was housed in to die. Thus, Superboy Prime NOT being Yat to death isn't a low showing for Superboy. It's a high showing considering what was keeping Yat alive.

quanchi112
I dont' care about the power output. I am simply pointing out that the entity inside of Sodam Yat was a reality buster and was not going to allow the being it was housed in to die. Thus, Superboy Prime NOT being Yat to death isn't a low showing for Superboy. It's a high showing considering what was keeping Yat alive. What proof is there that in this showing Yat wasn't allowed to die ? When he was poisoned he was going to die save the ring stopping it ? Do you have any proof or is this just more of the same, reaching.

The Return
What proof is there that in this showing Yat wasn't allowed to die ? When he was poisoned he was going to die save the ring stopping it ? Do you have any proof or is this just more of the same, reaching. You just killed your own argument. If the ring, empowered by ION, was stopping Yat from dying at the lead poising, then why wouldn't the entity itself stop Yat from fatal harm at the hands of Superboy Prime? Um, The rings are just extentions of the ION entity.

quanchi112
You just killed your own argument. If the ring, empowered by ION, was stopping Yat from dying at the lead poising, then why wouldn't the entity itself stop Yat from fatal harm at the hands of Superboy Prime? Um, The rings are just extentions of the ION entity. Because this is a failsafe the ring stopped the entity took no action once to save his life. You just continue to reach without any proof to these unsupported claims.

-K-M-
A gl ruptured it slightly he didn't rip it wide open like Prime. How

Eh? The face plate opened up, which Monarch quickly closed.

Nihilist
Yat had the Full power of the Ion entity within him. The thing that allowed Kyle to restructure reality on a whim. Yat, himself already being a GL stacked with a Daxamite. Of course Prime wasn't going to beat Yat to death. The fact that he still beat Yat was very impressive. Yat showed nothing compared to what Kyle did, trying to compare the 2 is laughable. Yat was a rookie with the Ion power and anyone not bias would admit that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -K-M-
Eh? The face plate opened up, which Monarch quickly closed. I never said otherwise I just said it was ruptured by a gl but at no point was he close to being defeated. K. Sweet.

-K-M-
I never said otherwise I just said it was ruptured by a gl but at no point was he close to being defeated. K. Sweet.

Yeah but ignoring the context. Did I say you claimed he nearly beat Monarch. No. K. Sweet.

The Return
Yat showed nothing compared to what Kyle did, trying to compare the 2 is laughable. Yat was a rookie with the Ion power and anyone not bias would admit that. It doesn't matter if he was a rookie or not. That's like saying someone beating Thor with the PG down wasn't a good showing since Thor was a rookie. It doesn't matter. He still had the Pg. Unless you concede the point that Thor was a rookie with the PG and didn't use it anywhere near it's full potential.

quanchi112
Yeah but ignoring the context. Did I say you claimed he nearly beat Monarch. No. K. Sweet. I said it was ruptured it was. It states ir right on panel. I was right. K. Have a good one.

Nihilist
It doesn't matter if he was a rookie or not. That's like saying someone beating Thor with the PG down wasn't a good showing since Thor was a rookie. It doesn't matter. He still had the Pg. Unless you concede the point that Thor was a rookie with the PG and didn't use it anywhere near it's full potential. Of course it matters, he didnt know how to access the Ion power fully due to inexpierance. Thor is above Yat anyway so your point is moot, and it was stated he wasnt fully using the PG, but was tapping into as show by his showings. Yat had zero showings to say the Ion power made him bad ass.

And your forgetting Yat was weak for at least half of the fight, Thanos punched Surfre to death in far less punches than what Prime couldnt even do to Yat.

-K-M-
I said it was ruptured it was. It states ir right on panel. I was right. K. Have a good one.

Yeah as the face plate opened up. ZOMG. AMAZING.

Plus that was Monarch before his upgrade. So like I said...ignoring context

quanchi112
It doesn't matter if he was a rookie or not. That's like saying someone beating Thor with the PG down wasn't a good showing since Thor was a rookie. It doesn't matter. He still had the Pg. Unless you concede the point that Thor was a rookie with the PG and didn't use it anywhere near it's full potential. Thor demonstrated through his showings he was a real force with the power gem and it was even directly stated on panel.

He went through Strange, Surfer, and the watch like nothing and was getting stronger with each passing moment. The entire arc shows how much of a monster he was even prior to acquiring the power gem.

The Return
Thor demonstrated through his showings he was a real force with the power gem and it was even directly stated on panel.

He went through Strange, Surfer, and the watch like nothing and was getting stronger with each passing moment. The entire arc shows how much of a monster he was even prior to acquiring the power gem. And Prime did so much more on panel than Thor did. And yet, he couldn't kill YAT. That proves just how durable and powerful Yat was and how powerful the ION entity was.

Badabing
Here's how it goes:

Monarch - I am no mere New God or Titan.

Thanos - Thanos tires of this talk. I will end this insignific...*buzzzzz* *splat*

Darkseid - Well done Monarch. You serve Darkseid well. All is one in Darkseid.

Monarch - Yes, all is one in Darkseid, my lord.

Nihilist
And Prime did so much more on panel than Thor did. And yet, he couldn't kill YAT. That proves just how durable and powerful Yat was and how powerful the ION entity was. Prime never went through people at once like PG Thor did.

Like is said give some showing from Yat that put him on Thor/Surfer lvl.

The Return
Prime never went through people at once like PG Thor did.

Like is said give some showing from Yat that put him on Thor/Surfer lvl. Yat going up against Prime puts him above Thor or Surfer. Prime went thru MORE people at once than Thor did.

quanchi112
And Prime did so much more on panel than Thor did. And yet, he couldn't kill YAT. That proves just how durable and powerful Yat was and how powerful the ION entity was. He discarded Yat when he was done with him he didn't try to kill him and fail. Reread the fight.

The same claims without any proof. It's all coming back to me, again.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Badabing
Here's how it goes:

Monarch - I am no mere New God or Titan.

Thanos - Thanos tires of this talk. I will end this insignific...*buzzzzz* *splat*

Darkseid - Well done Monarch. You serve Darkseid well. All is one in Darkseid.

Monarch - Yes, all is one in Darkseid, my lord.

Nihilist:
Yat was a daxamite. A species acknowledged as near or equal to kryptonians. Yat had tanked a stray shot from AM which killed two other GLs. Granted, he was half dead, but he survived that. So him with Ion tanking SBP isn't that bad a showing. Especially since SBP was toying with him the whole fight. erm He wasn't trying to kill him, he was humiliating him. And yes, standing up against Prime given the lineups he just ploughed through, was a feat for him, not a low showing for Prime.

Bada: PLlgxOo55IQ evillaugh

Nihilist
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Nihilist:
Yat was a daxamite. A species acknowledged as near or equal to kryptonians. Yat had tanked a stray shot from AM which killed two other GLs. Granted, he was half dead, but he survived that. So him with Ion tanking SBP isn't that bad a showing. Especially since SBP was toying with him the whole fight. erm He wasn't trying to kill him, he was humiliating him. And yes, standing up against Prime given the lineups he just ploughed through, was a feat for him, not a low showing for Prime.

So ill ask you then Trick, what would have happened to THAT(weak) Sodam Yat if he had fought Thanos.

TricksterPriest
I'm not saying he'd win, Yat was kind of a noob. But he'd do much better than you think. And slugging it out is actually hard to call. stick out tongue

Badabing
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Bada: PLlgxOo55IQ evillaugh laughing out loud

stick out tongue

quanchi112
Yeah as the face plate opened up. ZOMG. AMAZING.

Plus that was Monarch before his upgrade. So like I said...ignoring context When was his suit upgraded ? His overall power was.

KuRuPT Thanosi
How is this not closed for spite? It's a rape stomp in Team 2's favor

Philosophía
The fact he destroyed billions of lives while naked Oh, quan.

quanchi112

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.