Darkseid/Orion/Wonder Woman vs Zeus/Hulk fist fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is a fist fight.

Zeus and Hulk are aware that they will be going against the odds (3 peeps) so they get a month to practice with each other.

Amping themselves physically is allowed along with charged punches.

Who wins?

Black bolt z
Zues throws the other teams a bone and gives them hulk then proceeds to grow to 30 feet tall, bury them in a pile of godly dump, then walks away and never thinks about it again.

TricksterPriest
Darkseid takes Zeus's pantheon for his collection.

quanchi112
Zeus solos.

Q99
Zeus isn't *that* strong in just a fist fight. Trio wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
Zeus isn't *that* strong in just a fist fight. Trio wins. Based on what ?

Team 2. DS aint no Zeus and the hulk can take orion down or at least hold him off in direct h2h. I doubt Diana is enough to give DS the edge over Zeus.

Never Doubt
Originally posted by 753
Team 2. DS aint no Zeus and the hulk can take orion down or at least hold him off in direct h2h. I doubt Diana is enough to give DS the edge over Zeus. Actually she is. She's fought Ares the God of Conflict hand to hand. A Sky Father.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.

Anyways, Team 2 handily.

psycho gundam
i think it's about time to jump off of zeus' fire crotch

way too many threads

Omega Vision
T1

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i think it's about time to jump off of zeus' fire crotch

way too many threads

We survived the Hulk threads after wwh I think we can get through this until it passes.

Q99
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on what ?

Did Zeus do something really impressive recently I'm not aware of? Physically at least, I know he's somewhat stronger than Thor and all, but I didn't think that massively so.

Hyperion Prime
Team one wins this because of Orion and mostly Orion only. Orion can easily dispatch the hulk and take him out. After that you have three against one Orions power, WW skill. Darkseid has problems against superman which is laughable but with the help of the other two he can help get the job done. Zeus goes down.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lunacy. Orion is not easily dispatching of the Hulk in a fist fight if at all.

Originally posted by Q99
Did Zeus do something really impressive recently I'm not aware of? Physically at least, I know he's somewhat stronger than Thor and all, but I didn't think that massively so.

His noticeably stronger than Thor I'd argue.

You'd need Orion and Darkseid to double team Zeus to keep him occupied.

carver9
WTF... has Orion done something strength wise that I have missed?

Never Doubt
Originally posted by carver9
WTF... has Orion done something strength wise that I have missed? He's equal to Superman, who is Stronger than Thor or Hulk.

carver9
Originally posted by Never Doubt
He's equal to Superman, who is Stronger than Thor or Hulk.

Now this statement is a bold face lie. Its debatable if Supes is even stronger than Savage Hulk and WWH strength was magnitudes over Savage Hulks strength.

-Pr-
WTF... has Orion done something strength wise that I have missed?

For someone who doesn't read Orion's books, yes, you've missed a lot.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
For someone who doesn't read Orion's books, yes, you've missed a lot.

Lol... I agree... I'm not an expert when it comes to Orion like Prep man is BUT I feel safe to say that he is around Thor level physically which makes my statement correct. Thor has been stalemated physically by Savage Hulk and Savage Hulk is in Supes/Thor/Orions league and WWH is far above Savage Hulk strength wise per Hulk/Reed/Professor X/ Tony and Doctor Strange caculations.

Current Hulk is stronger than Orion and how easily Orion was dismissed by Doomsday, I think Current Hulk durability is above him as well (I think savage Hulk is stronger than him as well).

TricksterPriest
Regarding DS having problems against Superman as laughable, he's only beaten DS once without outside interference or boosts, depowerings, etc. Apokolips Now.

AND LOSING TO SUPERMAN IS NOT A LOW SHOWING. miffed

-Pr-
Lol... I agree... I'm not an expert when it comes to Orion like Prep man is BUT I feel safe to say that he is around Thor level physically which makes my statement correct. Thor has been stalemated physically by Savage Hulk and Savage Hulk is in Supes/Thor/Orions league and WWH is far above Savage Hulk strength wise per Hulk/Reed/Professor X/ Tony and Doctor Strange caculations.

Current Hulk is stronger than Orion and how easily Orion was dismissed by Doomsday, I think Current Hulk durability is above him as well (I think savage Hulk is stronger than him as well).

You feeling something makes it right?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
Did Zeus do something really impressive recently I'm not aware of? Physically at least, I know he's somewhat stronger than Thor and all, but I didn't think that massively so. He's well beyond Hulk, Thor or any elite top tier in terms of physicality. It's not even a contest.

carver9
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Regarding DS having problems against Superman as laughable, he's only beaten DS once without outside interference or boosts, depowerings, etc. Apokolips Now.

AND LOSING TO SUPERMAN IS NOT A LOW SHOWING. miffed

Superman has defeated Darkseid on more than one occassion.

TricksterPriest
Superman has defeated Darkseid on more than one occassion.

Name them. Because Apokolips Now is the only clean win.

quanchi112
Name them. Because Apokolips Now is the only clean win. Didn't he bfr him cleanly in his own comic with a bunch of parademons ?

TricksterPriest
Someone besides Quan?

-Pr-
Losing to Superman is never a low showing. Anyone trying to argue as such will have a pre-gym roided Badabing to deal with.

GRIMNIR
I dont know much about DC characters.

I just read about Darkseid and he seems to be the most powerful of all these characters in this battle.

I know Wonder Woman obviously but read more about her and did not know she got powers from Demeter (Gaea i call the Goddess of Earth).

Physical strength

Wonder Woman is said to be almost as strong as Superman and stronger than Hercules.
Hercules is stronger than Zeus.

Superman>Wonder Woman>Hercules>Zeus

Is Darkseid at level of Superman? His description made him seem quite strong

Lets look at everyone's favourite HULK

Where exactly is Hulk in the STRENGTH scale

Apparently he isnt even as strong as Zeus according to Pak, despite him being labelled as having infinite strength increase. roll eyes (sarcastic)

So if Hulk is weakest of all then what chance do Zeus and Hulk have really?

All 3 of the other team appear to be stronger.

carver9
Losing to Superman is never a low showing. Anyone trying to argue as such will have a pre-gym roided Badabing to deal with.

Nope, its not a low showing at all... I just hate that Trickster is trying to put Darkseid above Supes when Superman on more than one occasion proved that he is his equal and at times his superior.

-Pr-
Nope, its not a low showing at all... I just hate that Trickster is trying to put Darkseid above Supes when Superman on more than one occasion proved that he is his equal and at times his superior.

You didn't answer him or name those occasions yet.

Darkseid is more powerful than Superman. Feats consistently prove that.

Badabing
Losing to Superman is never a low showing. Anyone trying to argue as such will have a pre-gym roided Badabing to deal with. Carver is dead...DEAD! g_hulk

TricksterPriest
Still waiting. whistle

carver9
You didn't answer him or name those occasions yet.

Darkseid is more powerful than Superman. Feats consistently prove that.

Thats easy.

He took Darkseid out with his own Omega blast (when Superman out ranned the blast and made Darkseid hit himself with it). Then we have Superman heat vision over powering Darkseid omega blast which resulted in Supes taking him out yet again and then we have that instance where Superman blitz him to the source wall.

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
Carver is dead...DEAD! g_hulk

stick out tongue

I must defend
Thats easy.

He took Darkseid out with his own Omega blast (when Superman out ranned the blast and made Darkseid hit himself with it). Then we have Superman heat vision over powering Darkseid omega blast which resulted in Supes taking him out yet again and then we have that instance where Superman blitz him to the source wall. You didn't answer correctly. Using DS own blasts is NOT a feat of Superman's power. DS own power defeated him. In Apokalips now, the mother box effective cut Apok off from the rest of their reality, thus weakening DS from drawing power from the source. Where the Omega gets it's power. And Superman blitzed DS in the source wall after DS has literally pimp Smacked Superman and rejected a full charge from Superman. DS hit himself with his own OE after WW blocked it. Thus Superman got a sun amp against a weakened DS.

GRIMNIR
Who is physically strongest between

Darkseid
Orion
Wonder Woman
Superman
Hercules
Zeus
Hulk

confused

Badabing
Originally posted by I must defend
You didn't answer correctly. Using DS own blasts is NOT a feat of Superman's power. DS own power defeated him. In Apokalips now, the mother box effective cut Apok off from the rest of their reality, thus weakening DS from drawing power from the source. Where the Omega gets it's power. And Superman blitzed DS in the source wall after DS has literally pimp Smacked Superman and rejected a full charge from Superman. DS hit himself with his own OE after WW blocked it. Thus Superman got a sun amp against a weakened DS. A least try to be less obvious. durpalm

I must defend
Originally posted by GRIMNIR

Darkseid-2
Orion-3
Wonder Woman-4
Superman-3
Hercules-4
Zeus-1
Hulk-4

confused
i ranked them.

psycho gundam
nvr, just give it up dude

carver9
You didn't answer correctly. Using DS own blasts is NOT a feat of Superman's power. DS own power defeated him. In Apokalips now, the mother box effective cut Apok off from the rest of their reality, thus weakening DS from drawing power from the source. Where the Omega gets it's power. And Superman blitzed DS in the source wall after DS has literally pimp Smacked Superman and rejected a full charge from Superman. DS hit himself with his own OE after WW blocked it. Thus Superman got a sun amp against a weakened DS.

It doesn't matter how Superman defeated him, the only thing that matters is "he did it".

Another thing. Superman showing against Doomsday was far better than Darkseid. Darkseid got 4 shotted, Superman almost lasted an entire comic against Doomsday on more than one occasion, he was even weakened at one point and still held his own better than Darky.

-Pr-
Thats easy.

He took Darkseid out with his own Omega blast (when Superman out ranned the blast and made Darkseid hit himself with it). Then we have Superman heat vision over powering Darkseid omega blast which resulted in Supes taking him out yet again and then we have that instance where Superman blitz him to the source wall.

Apokolips Now doesn't really count.

When did heat vision overpower the OB?

Superman was amped during the Supergirl arc. He also had help from Wonder Woman.

Badabing
Carver, you're such a Superman fanboy...facepalm

superdur

carver9
Apokolips Now doesn't really count.

When did heat vision overpower the OB?

Superman was amped during the Supergirl arc. He also had help from Wonder Woman.

Why doesn't it count?

During the time Darkseid was supposedly powered by the source (me thinks).

I don't remember it being mentioned that he was amped. Where did you get that from?

i will answer
It doesn't matter how Superman defeated him, the only thing that matters is "he did it".

Another thing. Superman showing against Doomsday was far better than Darkseid. Darkseid got 4 shotted, Superman almost lasted an entire comic against Doomsday on more than one occasion, he was even weakened at one point and still held his own better than Darky. DS is also the only being in all of comics besides Imperiex that has actually Stopped Doomsday for more than 5 seconds.

carver9
Carver, you're such a Superman fanboy...facepalm

superdur

laughing laughing

-Pr-
Why doesn't it count?

During the time Darkseid was supposedly powered by the source (me thinks).

I don't remember it being mentioned that he was amped. Where did you get that from?

PIS, bad writing, pick one.

When? Issue number? Arc title?

Him being beside the sun for starters.

carver9
Originally posted by i will answer
DS is also the only being in all of comics besides Imperiex that has actually Stopped Doomsday for more than 5 seconds.

Darkseid can't handle a punch. Those same punches from a more powerful Doomsday didn't drop Superman at all, he kept fighting. He even got his arm broke and was still holding his own. Darkseid got embarrassed.

TricksterPriest
Heat vision? There's two times when it's being used against the OB. Once was Apokolips Now. The other was OWAW, AFTER Darkseid used a ton of power to pierce Imperiex's armor. Also, regarding DD, DD was only KOed/stunned by the OB. Which he adapted to. Not a low showing. Also, H/P DD was insanely powerful. Superman was fighting a losing battle and not letting Doomsday wreck him, that's good, but he didn't fight DD headon.

Jurgens is an idiot btw. You can't get to the 4th world without a boom tube. Which DD did not use. And Carver? You forgot that Henshaw was sabotaging the defenses of Apokolips. Darkseid took alot more damage than Superman, plus, Superman is the main character, OF COURSE HE'S GOING TO LAST LONGER. He even said he was scared because he couldn't figure out a way to win.

H/P DD is not a low showing by any means,

GRIMNIR
i ranked them.

How you get Zeus stronger than Hercules?
When Hercules is stronger than Zeus?

Since the dawn of time Hercules has always been the strongest of the Olympians

Now all of a sudden Zeus is not only stronger than Hercules but also Wonder Woman and Superman?

sounds like PIS stick out tongue

wrongfully bann
Darkseid can't handle a punch. Those same punches from a more powerful Doomsday didn't drop Superman at all, he kept fighting. He even got his arm broke and was still holding his own. Darkseid got embarrassed. Superman was amped by the Mother box. DS had also spent his energy putting DD down. Something Superman never did manage to do. Especially not in one strike for more than 5 seconds. No one else can claim that but DS.

carver9
PIS, bad writing, pick one.

When? Issue number? Arc title?

Him being beside the sun for starters.

embarrasment so now we are taking away from a feat?

I don't study issue numbers but I can try to find a scan for you.

But it was never stated that he was amped... that's my point and he wasnt directly by the sun either.

Why do we always have to disagree with things ... lol?

TricksterPriest
He's right next to the freaking sun. Last time he was there, he wrecked a kryptonian skyfather level goddess.

carver9
Heat vision? There's two times when it's being used against the OB. Once was Apokolips Now. The other was OWAW, AFTER Darkseid used a ton of power to pierce Imperiex's armor. Also, regarding DD, DD was only KOed/stunned by the OB. Which he adapted to. Not a low showing. Also, H/P DD was insanely powerful. Superman was fighting a losing battle and not letting Doomsday wreck him, that's good, but he didn't fight DD headon.

Jurgens is an idiot btw. You can't get to the 4th world without a boom tube. Which DD did not use. And Carver? You forgot that Henshaw was sabotaging the defenses of Apokolips. Darkseid took alot more damage than Superman, plus, Superman is the main character, OF COURSE HE'S GOING TO LAST LONGER. He even said he was scared because he couldn't figure out a way to win.

H/P DD is not a low showing by any means,

I never said that it was a low showing... I am just showing you proof that Superman is on Darkseids level and going by that showing (Doomsday)... he could possibly be physically over Darkseid.

TricksterPriest
I never said that it was a low showing... I am just showing you proof that Superman is on Darkseids level and going by that showing (Doomsday)... he could possibly be physically over Darkseid.

whatdur ...........What?

GRIMNIR
I think Superman is physically stronger than Darkseid, but overall Darkseid more powerful as he has so many different abilities and they all seem bad ass too.

carver9
whatdur ...........What?

Yep, I said it.

TricksterPriest
I think Superman is physically stronger than Darkseid, but overall Darkseid more powerful as he has so many different abilities and they all seem bad ass too. It's really really hard to top Superman in terms of fisticuffs, feats and overall strength.

But Darkseid on the other hand, has versatility out the wazoo and extreme power to go with it.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ComboPlatterPowers

quanchi112
A least try to be less obvious. durpalm laughing out loud

-Pr-
embarrasment so now we are taking away from a feat?

I don't study issue numbers but I can try to find a scan for you.

But it was never stated that he was amped... that's my point and he wasnt directly by the sun either.

Why do we always have to disagree with things ... lol?

We don't allow stupid writing on the forum. Well, not from comics anyway.

He was close enough to the sun for it to be an amp. Easily.

DS is a jobber and there really is no excuse for his performances againts SM in the last decade other than PIS.

KuRuPT Thanosi
or maybe that DS sucks balls at h2h combat and that is supes specialty... I think that is it, rather than PIS. DS is no h2h expert fighter or anything. He's certainly no Superman in that area. Thus, it shouldn't be surprised he losses. His durability and h2h ability aren't at superman level

-Pr-
Superman is just that good. As a character he's designed to be powerful enough to beat anyone in his ballpark.

And yet, he doesn't even beat Darkseid that often under his own power; people are vastly overstating this so-called number of wins Superman has over Darkseid...

DS has the powerset to destroy SM and should be outside SM's ballpark. he just doesn't use it

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by 753
DS has the powerset to destroy SM and should be outside SM's ballpark. he just doesn't use it DING! cool

KuRuPT Thanosi
not in hand 2 hand he doesn't

TricksterPriest
Oh right, like Thanos can. roll eyes (sarcastic)

GRIMNIR
Zeus is a skyfather, so Zeus can solo all 3 whilst blindfolded and standing on one leg.
Superman? Thor him in the mix too, he is not a skyfather. Throw in Superboy and Supergirl and Supergranny while you at it.
Zeus can beat them all with his pinky.
Zeus could beat 100 of Marvel's best H2H whilst sitting on the toilet, he is skyfather
If you not a skyfather you cannot beat Zeus
Those are the rules
Zeus could even tell Hulk to go on their team and still win.

I wrote enough, now I gonna check out new issue of Just Zeus

you're not taking the power hierarchy very well, are you?

TricksterPriest
He's new. srug

Grim: Darkseid is also a skyfather.

GRIMNIR
Skyfather
Trans
Herald

What is Trans anyway? Transformers? TransSiberian Express? Transvestite? What does it mean, Trans?

Anyway, I would love to know where Galactus places in this hierarchy.

Some people probably have him in Herald Class. Herald of a Herald laughing

If Odin and Zeus PWN Galactus he must be Trans right?

Actually they need a name change Skyfather is not fitting

Cosmic Father!

eek!

That more like it Happy Dance

transcendent. most people would say Galactus is low abstract. odin and zeus are far below him in the ladder.

TricksterPriest
Galactus is not low abstract, unless he's hungry.

GRIMNIR
What rank are Celestials?

Does it have a name?

TricksterPriest
Celestials are above skyfathers, but below most abstracts, and probably the elder gods. Low abstract-ish. And they do have names, but they're almost all the same, with a few exceptions like Exitar and Tiamut.

And if anyone mentions Scathan, he's not a celestial. shifty

Nihilist
Team 1, Hulk lets Zeus down badly.

TricksterPriest
^ http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Red_Atom/Red%20Sigs/hulk.jpg

Galactus is not low abstract, unless he's hungry. where would you rank him?

TricksterPriest
Depends on how hungry he is. Even hungry, he can feed on almost any kind of energy. A non-jobbing Galactus is capable of taking out most abstracts.

The Nuul
We don't allow stupid writing on the forum. Well, not from comics anyway.

He was close enough to the sun for it to be an amp. Easily.

This one?

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2550/1149630supermanbatman13.jpg

KuRuPT Thanosi
Oh right, like Thanos can. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Your joking right? Thanos would crush Superman in a physical affair. Unlike DS.. Thanos has the Durability, Strength and Striking Power to get the job done. Which is exactly why Thanos would crush DS in a h2h affair... or are you saying DS beats Thanos h2h?

Omega Vision
^Saying he'd crush him in a purely physical confrontation is wishful thinking considering Superman's enormous speed advantage. You could argue Thanos would win, but to say he'd "crush" him is a bit off base.

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Your joking right? Thanos would crush Superman in a physical affair. Unlike DS.. Thanos has the Durability, Strength and Striking Power to get the job done. Which is exactly why Thanos would crush DS in a h2h affair... or are you saying DS beats Thanos h2h? so does darkseid actually

She-Ra-La
Your joking right? Thanos would crush Superman in a physical affair. Unlike DS.. Thanos has the Durability, Strength and Striking Power to get the job done. Which is exactly why Thanos would crush DS in a h2h affair... or are you saying DS beats Thanos h2h? Actually DS has never been cut by a blade from a weakling like Wolverine. Gamora made Thanos Bleed with nothing but her hands. And Thanos was hurt by a black hole. DS created a singularity that housed and entire reality and then used his own power to keep the singularity/black hole from crushing everything. Superman has never hurt DS without the Omegas first striking and hurting DS. Thus DS durability is far above Superman's ability to harm him. Superman would have an enormous speed advantage over Thanos. Unlike DS who is as fast as Superman in flight and reaction times.

GRIMNIR
In my Marvel Universe I would have this as the top of hierarchy

Tier 1
Living Tribunal
Omnipotent and watches over the entire Marvel Universe
Phoenix Force
Omnipotent and source of all life in the Universe

Tier 2
Eternity and Infinity
Death and Oblivion

Tier 3
Galactus and Celestials

I would get rid of both TOAA characters and make the Celestials connected to Living Tribunal and Phoenix Force.
They were created to navigate the entire Universe and influence evolution of life on all planets throughout universe

Galactus would do exactly what he does now. Go around the Universe consuming the energy of planets and keeps a balance between Life and Death and Time and Space and everything.

All these characters are either omnipotent or virtually omnipotent

Then every other character in the Universe would be ranked way below this top tier

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Omega Vision
^Saying he'd crush him in a purely physical confrontation is wishful thinking considering Superman's enormous speed advantage. You could argue Thanos would win, but to say he'd "crush" him is a bit off base.

Fair enough. Let me ask you this.. who wins in a h2h fight.. Thanos or Seid?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by The Nuul
This one?

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2550/1149630supermanbatman13.jpg Yep, that's S/B. DS got hit by his own blast shortly before Superman pulled them both to the sun. DS broke out of the hold and they started slugging it out right next to the sun.

She-Ra-La
Fair enough. Let me ask you this.. who wins in a h2h fight.. Thanos or Seid? A tie. Thanos Durability is a bit stronger than Seid's when it comes to blunt force trauma. But DS can hit harder and faster and more times than Thanos can.

TricksterPriest
DS also has proven skill feats.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by She-Ra-La
Actually DS has never been cut by a blade from a weakling like Wolverine. Gamora made Thanos Bleed with nothing but her hands. And Thanos was hurt by a black hole. DS created a singularity that housed and entire reality and then used his own power to keep the singularity/black hole from crushing everything. Superman has never hurt DS without the Omegas first striking and hurting DS. Thus DS durability is far above Superman's ability to harm him. Superman would have an enormous speed advantage over Thanos. Unlike DS who is as fast as Superman in flight and reaction times.

WTF... Please post DS h2h feats and speed feats that even give you the impression that he's near Superman and Thanos in these categories. Superman has crushed DS in a h2h affair and in fact had his eyes swollen up.. Thanos eyes have never been closed shut.. since I'm now having ot debate in such idiotic ways. Thanos has also never been 2 shot almost killed by a brick. In fact, Thanos laughs off shots from bricks, not almost killed by them in 3 shots. That is how piss poor DS durability is. Further, Thanos has better reaction feats than DS, so I'm really not sure where that nonsense in coming from.

Omega Vision
Fair enough. Let me ask you this.. who wins in a h2h fight.. Thanos or Seid?
Thanos most likely. He's more of a brawler.

As for this fight though I can see Darkseid taking on Zeus while WW and Orion double team Hulk.

It's numbers that kill here.

She-Ra-La
WOW. DS is hella strong. He's duking it out with Superman on top of the sun. And This after he hurt himself with his own powers. Superman had to fight DS next to the sun to make it an even physical fight.

She-Ra-La
WTF... Please post DS h2h feats and speed feats that even give you the impression that he's near Superman and Thanos in these categories. Superman has crushed DS in a h2h affair and in fact had his eyes swollen up.. Thanos eyes have never been closed shut.. since I'm now having ot debate in such idiotic ways. Thanos has also never been 2 shot almost killed by a brick. In fact, Thanos laughs off shots from bricks, not almost killed by them in 3 shots. That is how piss poor DS durability is. Further, Thanos has better reaction feats than DS, so I'm really not sure where that nonsense in coming from. I cannot post links for some reason. But DS fought Orion at Superspeed. He has blitzed Superman at least 4 times. In Apok now, DS was cut off from the source by a mother box. Superboy's powers were amped to near abstract levels by the box and he cut the entire planet off from the rest of the universe. DS also hurt himself first with his omegas. Superman has NEVER harmed DS without DS first harming himself. Superman doesn't have the power. You must hurt DS with his own power in order to harm him physically. Or he must exert all of his energy. Now name one time Superman has done so without either of those circumstances happening? I bet you can't. Thanos was made to bleed by a martial arts chick who doesn't even have super strength.

TricksterPriest
Orion #5
Darkseid battles his son, and he shows great fighting skill and vast speed. Even colliding into each other causes what looks to be an atomic bomb. Even Orion believes he killed his father, but in reality this was all part of the plan.

1. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p02and03.jpg
2. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p04.jpg
3. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p05.jpg
4. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p06and07.jpg
5. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p08.jpg
6. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p09.jpg
7. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p10.jpg
8. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p11.jpg
9. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p12.jpg
10. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p13.jpg
11. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p14.jpg
12. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p15.jpg
13. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p16.jpg
14. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p17.jpg
15. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p18.jpg
16. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p19.jpg
17. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p20.jpg
18. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p21.jpg
19. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p22.jpg

Credit to Mungi. And what part of Superman isn't a low showing do you not get?

She-Ra-La
Orion #5
Darkseid battles his son, and he shows great fighting skill and vast speed. Even colliding into each other causes what looks to be an atomic bomb. Even Orion believes he killed his father, but in reality this was all part of the plan.

1. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p02and03.jpg
2. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p04.jpg
3. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p05.jpg
4. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p06and07.jpg
5. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p08.jpg
6. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p09.jpg
7. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p10.jpg
8. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p11.jpg
9. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p12.jpg
10. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p13.jpg
11. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p14.jpg
12. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p15.jpg
13. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p16.jpg
14. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p17.jpg
15. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p18.jpg
16. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p19.jpg
17. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p20.jpg
18. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p21.jpg
19. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Orion05p22.jpg

Credit to Mungi. And what part of Superman isn't a low showing do you not get? They are likely moving at multiples the speed of sound. Hence the sonic booms on the page.

quanchi112
^Saying he'd crush him in a purely physical confrontation is wishful thinking considering Superman's enormous speed advantage. You could argue Thanos would win, but to say he'd "crush" him is a bit off base. Are you serious ? He crushed Fallen One despite his speed advantage all while sparing his life. I mean the Surfer can barely even cause him to turn his head yet somehow Superman is a threat to him when a no holds barred Thor with the power gem was simply a workout for Thanos. Originally posted by She-Ra-La
Actually DS has never been cut by a blade from a weakling like Wolverine. Gamora made Thanos Bleed with nothing but her hands. And Thanos was hurt by a black hole. DS created a singularity that housed and entire reality and then used his own power to keep the singularity/black hole from crushing everything. Superman has never hurt DS without the Omegas first striking and hurting DS. Thus DS durability is far above Superman's ability to harm him. Superman would have an enormous speed advantage over Thanos. Unlike DS who is as fast as Superman in flight and reaction times. A lot of misinformation. Darkseid's bled from a batkick before which pales in comparison to a blackhole or Gamora's strikes. I can play this game as well.

Superman also hurt Darkseid in the very same comic Batman batkicked him. DD has beaten him in two panels so let's not forget that was a physical battle Ds was completely powerless to strike back or even counter yet you claim he's awesome at his disposal. Didn't see it there.

She-Ra-La
Are you serious ? He crushed Fallen One despite his speed advantage all while sparing his life. I mean the Surfer can barely even cause him to turn his head yet somehow Superman is a threat to him when a no holds barred Thor with the power gem was simply a workout for Thanos. A lot of misinformation. Darkseid's bled from a batkick before which pales in comparison to a blackhole or Gamora's strikes. I can play this game as well.

Superman also hurt Darkseid in the very same comic Batman batkicked him. DD has beaten him in two panels so let's not forget that was a physical battle Ds was completely powerless to strike back or even counter yet you claim he's awesome at his disposal. Didn't see it there. You are giving mis information. Batman was amped with Orion's wife's tech and DS had also been blasted to all hell by Highfather's staff before that. That is a non feat for batman. And DD beat DS from the back after DS had used up all his energy to temporarily Ko or immobilize DD. name one other person in all of comics who has immobilized DD enough to actually walk away from him in one shot? Name one. I'll help you. No one but Imperiex.

TricksterPriest
Not to mention DS was depowered most of that comic.

quanchi112
You are giving mis information. Batman was amped with Orion's wife's tech and DS had also been blasted to all hell by Highfather's staff before that. That is a non feat for batman. And DD beat DS from the back after DS had used up all his energy to temporarily Ko or immobilize DD. name one other person in all of comics who has immobilized DD enough to actually walk away from him in one shot? Name one. I'll help you. No one but Imperiex. When was batman amped by any tech ?

Batman caused him to bleed it's that simple since you want to try and paint Thano' black hole or wolverine incident as a mark of embarrassment it's still far better than a human rocking you with a roundhouse.

When did it state he used all his energy ? Do you ever say anything true or is it one exaggeration/misttruth to the next.

DD was easily killed by some k-nians physically not too long ago. Just sayin.

She-Ra-La
When was batman amped by any tech ?

Batman caused him to bleed it's that simple since you want to try and paint Thano' black hole or wolverine incident as a mark of embarrassment it's still far better than a human rocking you with a roundhouse.

When did it state he used all his energy ? Do you ever say anything true or is it one exaggeration/misttruth to the next.

DD was easily killed by some k-nians physically not too long ago. Just sayin. Batman had Orion's wife's new God tech. How do you think he survived the cosmic winter Desaad rained down on him? Hello??? He had tech. He was amped. You also completely ignored the fact that DS didn't have his omegas most of the story, and not only got blasted by Highfather's staff while depowered, he also had to fight to regain the control of the Omegas. This in no way shows a tip top DS at all.

DS has always been shown to use all or most of his energy when exerting himself against Superior beings.

Oh and DD was killed not by some Kryptonians. But like dozens of them. That isn't a single being. I said name someone besides DS who has immobilized or KO'd DD long enough to walk away from him. NO ONE BUT DS. You can try to walk around the issue all you want.

quanchi112
Batman had Orion's wife's new God tech. How do you think he survived the cosmic winter Desaad rained down on him? Hello??? He had tech. He was amped. You also completely ignored the fact that DS didn't have his omegas most of the story, and not only got blasted by Highfather's staff while depowered, he also had to fight to regain the control of the Omegas. This in no way shows a tip top DS at all.

DS has always been shown to use all or most of his energy when exerting himself against Superior beings.

Oh and DD was killed not by some Kryptonians. But like dozens of them. That isn't a single being. I said name someone besides DS who has immobilized or KO'd DD long enough to walk away from him. NO ONE BUT DS. You can try to walk around the issue all you want. Provide a page number where he was amped for this.

Name a few instances because most writers let you know when his energy is used up he didn't get the chance to use it against DD because in a fist fight he has no chance. This is a fist fight where he can't use his powers and Zeus is here. Zeus is somebody who'd break DD in half most likely if he ever came to Plympus so what's he going to do to Darkseid ?

Ds buried him under rubble that isn't koing him or anywhere near it. Yes, there were more than 3 but the point is they beat the life from him and even Superman himself has lasted longer against DD than two panels.

She-Ra-La
Provide a page number where he was amped for this.

Name a few instances because most writers let you know when his energy is used up he didn't get the chance to use it against DD because in a fist fight he has no chance. This is a fist fight where he can't use his powers and Zeus is here. Zeus is somebody who'd break DD in half most likely if he ever came to Plympus so what's he going to do to Darkseid ?

Ds buried him under rubble that isn't koing him or anywhere near it. Yes, there were more than 3 but the point is they beat the life from him and even Superman himself has lasted longer against DD than two panels. You go around the points you cannot defend and then make blanket statements based purely upon conjecture or fanboyism. Zeus would likely not break HP doomsday as he was very resistant to everything thrown at him except Entropy. Also, BATMAN HAD NEW GOD TECH. That is an amp. I don't need to provide a page number. You know he had the tech. Orion's wife gave it to him.

And it doesn't matter if it states on panel DS energy being used up or not. You see that he exerted himself. And later on in the story, He one Shotted Cyborg Superman, something, not even Amped Superman has ever been able to do. No one in history has ever immobilized or KO'd DD enough to walk away but DS. That fact keeps eluding you and you keep trying to make it like that isn't a feat when it is.

quanchi112
You go around the points you cannot defend and then make blanket statements based purely upon conjecture or fanboyism. Zeus would likely not break HP doomsday as he was very resistant to everything thrown at him except Entropy. Also, BATMAN HAD NEW GOD TECH. That is an amp. I don't need to provide a page number. You know he had the tech. Orion's wife gave it to him.

And it doesn't matter if it states on panel DS energy being used up or not. You see that he exerted himself. And later on in the story, He one Shotted Cyborg Superman, something, not even Amped Superman has ever been able to do. No one in history has ever immobilized or KO'd DD enough to walk away but DS. That fact keeps eluding you and you keep trying to make it like that isn't a feat when it is. False. The writer of hp even stated Superman would beat him by physical means alone had he tossed aside his good guy routine. The reason entropy was used was to break the cycle and so he couldn't come back.

When did the tech amp his physical stats ? Seriously.

The point is hand to hand Ds can't hang very long without his omega beams which are his crutch. Zeus is far superior to him. Zeus breaks him faster than DD. I could care less about you making up he was exerted you can't prove it you know you're wrong so move along.

She-Ra-La
False. The writer of hp even stated Superman would beat him by physical means alone had he tossed aside his good guy routine. The reason entropy was used was to break the cycle and so he couldn't come back.

When did the tech amp his physical stats ? Seriously.

The point is hand to hand Ds can't hang very long without his omega beams which are his crutch. Zeus is far superior to him. Zeus breaks him faster than DD. I could care less about you making up he was exerted you can't prove it you know you're wrong so move along. DS omegas are his crutch? How come he didn't use his omegas when he owned Orion, Mr. Miracle, and Firestorm? How come he didn't use his omegas when he beat the crap out of New God powered Jimmy Olsen? How come he didn't use the Omegas when he beat the crap out Lobo? Ug. I could go on and on. Superman has never beaten DS by physical means alone. Never. always with DS own energy, or a sun amp. Never one on one. Ever.

quanchi112
DS omegas are his crutch? How come he didn't use his omegas when he owned Orion, Mr. Miracle, and Firestorm? How come he didn't use his omegas when he beat the crap out of New God powered Jimmy Olsen? How come he didn't use the Omegas when he beat the crap out Lobo? Ug. I could go on and on. Superman has never beaten DS by physical means alone. Never. always with DS own energy, or a sun amp. Never one on one. Ever. So one instance of him using other powers than beating someone up proves your case ? Are you serious ?
Olsen lacked experience and he altered his size to deal with a newsboy with new powers that's not very convincing.

Lobo hurt his hand on his jaw which seems inconsistent to how Darkseid is portrayed currently as opposed to years ago when that was written.

Ds always uses his own energy so it's his fault Superman doesn't dare him into blasting him but Supes usually beats him up mainly due to his fists.

This is all immaterial to DD beating him physically in two panels. I see Zeus doing it with two punches, honestly.

Hyperion Prime

Darkseid
Orion
Wonder Woman
Superman
Hercules
Zeus
Hulk

confused

Strongest in order
1. Zeus
2. Orion
3. Superman
4. Darkseid
5 Hercules
6. Hulk
7. Wonder Woman

She-Ra-La
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Strongest in order
1. Zeus
2. Orion
3. Superman
4. Darkseid
5 Hercules
6. Hulk
7. Wonder Woman
This is all wrong.

Orion and Superman are the same physically. Darksied is stronger than Both as he has physical wins on both. Niether Orion or Super have clean physical wins. Hulk is stronger than Herc. Wonder Woman is also stronger than Herc. Zeus has no strength feats. Beating Hulk only makes him stronger than Hulk. Every one on this list could beat Hulk.

She-Ra-La
So one instance of him using other powers than beating someone up proves your case ? Are you serious ?
Olsen lacked experience and he altered his size to deal with a newsboy with new powers that's not very convincing.

Lobo hurt his hand on his jaw which seems inconsistent to how Darkseid is portrayed currently as opposed to years ago when that was written.

Ds always uses his own energy so it's his fault Superman doesn't dare him into blasting him but Supes usually beats him up mainly due to his fists.

This is all immaterial to DD beating him physically in two panels. I see Zeus doing it with two punches, honestly. You are absolutely great at dodging and deflecting. I commend you. What you are not good at is confronting the issues head on. Superman has never beaten DS without DS own energy as a matter of fact, DS has always been shown as beating Superman in hand to hand until DS shoots himself. If Mike Tyson where kicking my ass, and then shot himself in the foot with a gun, and then I kicked his ass, I couldn't claim I beat him. That is basically what you are doing to Superman. Superman was getting his ass handed to him everytime before DS shot himself. Address this point. Without DS hurting himself, there is no way to physically best him by Superman level beings.

DD was superior to an amped Superman and the trans powered Waverider. DS also still is the only being in comics to immobilize DD enough to walk away and give a who monologue afterwards. You refuse to address the truth of this.

Hyperion Prime
This is all wrong.

Orion and Superman are the same physically. Darksied is stronger than Both as he has physical wins on both. Niether Orion or Super have clean physical wins. Hulk is stronger than Herc. Wonder Woman is also stronger than Herc. Zeus has no strength feats. Beating Hulk only makes him stronger than Hulk. Every one on this list could beat Hulk.

WW is not taking or 50% against Hulk. He beats her 8 out of 10xs. Everyone else on that list beats hulk 9/10 times. WW is not in the rest of those guys league her and hulk are on the bottom. You maybe right about Zeus him beating Hulk is no great feat.

She-Ra-La
WW is not taking or 50% against Hulk. He beats her 8 out of 10xs. Everyone else on that list beats hulk 9/10 times. WW is not in the rest of those guys league her and hulk are on the bottom. Are you kidding? She's almost as strong as Superman. And she can fight hulk at light speed. What the hell can hulk do against someone who fights like batman, with a flash family member's speed, and Kryptonian level strength? WW knocks Hulk out in seconds. Or she tosses him into the sun. Or She lasso's him. Not To mention she's got lightning powers now. And a tiara that could cut the hulk's head off. Hulk can't even fly. She's got him beat 9/10.

Black bolt z

Current Hulk is stronger than Orion and how easily Orion was dismissed by Doomsday, I think Current Hulk durability is above him as well (I think savage Hulk is stronger than him as well). I see no wrong reason to put him in thors strength class.

I think he may be a little stronger. Mabye just cuz hes a lot cooler.

quanchi112
You are absolutely great at dodging and deflecting. I commend you. What you are not good at is confronting the issues head on. Superman has never beaten DS without DS own energy as a matter of fact, DS has always been shown as beating Superman in hand to hand until DS shoots himself. If Mike Tyson where kicking my ass, and then shot himself in the foot with a gun, and then I kicked his ass, I couldn't claim I beat him. That is basically what you are doing to Superman. Superman was getting his ass handed to him everytime before DS shot himself. Address this point. Without DS hurting himself, there is no way to physically best him by Superman level beings.

DD was superior to an amped Superman and the trans powered Waverider. DS also still is the only being in comics to immobilize DD enough to walk away and give a who monologue afterwards. You refuse to address the truth of this. The point is Ds was using it as a last resort since he wasn't beyond Superman in hand to hand. Zeus is beyond these elite top tiers Darkseid isn't.

Actually, he wasn't getting his ass kicked he was holding his own.

DD beat him in two panels after he thought him dead when in fact he was buried underneath rubble.

-Pr-
Guys, don't respond to socks/banned accounts please.

TricksterPriest
Or Quan. durno

GRIMNIR
Strongest in order
1. Zeus
2. Orion
3. Superman
4. Darkseid
5 Hercules
6. Hulk
7. Wonder Woman

I would say for overall powers it be

Darkseid, Orion and Zeus
Superman and Wonder Woman
Hulk and Hercules

Strength

Hulk
Superman
Wonder Woman and Hercules
Zeus Darkseid and Orion

Omega Vision
Guys, don't respond to socks/banned accounts please.
What about replying to people we hope will be banned in the near future? stick out tongue

-Pr-
What about replying to people we hope will be banned in the near future? stick out tongue

Pfft, I do that all the time.

Hyperion Prime
I would say for overall powers it be

Darkseid, Orion and Zeus
Superman and Wonder Woman
Hulk and Hercules

Strength

Hulk
Superman
Wonder Woman and Hercules
Zeus Darkseid and Orion

You think Orion is the weakest of everyone. I may have downplayed hulk some, but orion is a beast. WW is the weak link here. Why do you think orion is the weakest?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Orion isn't in the same ballpark as DS or Zeus

Hyperion Prime
Orion isn't in the same ballpark as DS or Zeus

He has him listed as the weakest in strength. Orion is stronger than ww and hercules and is in my opinion a little bit stronger than Superman.

The Nuul
Or Quan. durno

Or Carv.

thumb up

kbclassof09
Zeus does have a high strength feat. Both in the myth and in the comics he picked up Mount Etna (very big mountain) and buried Typhon under it.

However, I think Darkseid can beat hulk and zeus alone. THE GUY MOVED A PLANET WITH HIS MIND!!! And most beings with psionic powers such as the eternals, maxima, magneto,etc. can amp their physical strength with their psionic abilities.

GRIMNIR
You think Orion is the weakest of everyone. I may have downplayed hulk some, but orion is a beast. WW is the weak link here. Why do you think orion is the weakest?

No I have him level with the other 2.
The difference in strength is not huge, they are all very strong.
Overall powers I had him most powerful, level with DS and Zeus.
Characters on same line are more or less equal

I just prefer it better when characters have strengths and weaknesses instead of one person being better at everything than another character.

Like in the X-Men Character A can beat character B, B can beat C and C beats A.
Makes it more interesting.

Wonder Woman has a connection to Gaea or Demeter as she called. I think that makes her very strong and I read she was almost as strong as Superman and stronger than Hercules.

A really powerful character does not have to also be the fastest and the strongest and the biggest and the smartest and everything else

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by kbclassof09
Zeus does have a high strength feat. Both in the myth and in the comics he picked up Mount Etna (very big mountain) and buried Typhon under it.

However, I think Darkseid can beat hulk and zeus alone. THE GUY MOVED A PLANET WITH HIS MIND!!! And most beings with psionic powers such as the eternals, maxima, magneto,etc. can amp their physical strength with their psionic abilities.

That planet moving feat is from GDS. Which some argue as non-canon. However.....Darkseid was stated several times, and even confirmed by himself and other sources to be weaker than he used to be. He wasn't at full power. And that was after draining Mordru and a Controller.

Also, the non-canon part is arguable given the nature of the new gods.

quanchi112
That planet moving feat is from GDS. Which some argue as non-canon. However.....Darkseid was stated several times, and even confirmed by himself and other sources to be weaker than he used to be. He wasn't at full power. And that was after draining Mordru and a Controller.

Also, the non-canon part is arguable given the nature of the new gods. It happens in the future which means it doesn't pertain to current Ds.

TricksterPriest
New Gods are not affected by or subject to our understanding of temporal causality.

kbclassof09

Also, the non-canon part is arguable given the nature of the new gods.

I'm talking about the New Gods vol. 3 # 12 when he moved apokolips to new genesis and that a canon feat.

TricksterPriest
Whoops. Thought you meant a different feat. stick out tongue

Miss Maxima
I'm talking about the New Gods vol. 3 # 12 when he moved apokolips to new genesis and that a canon feat. Truth. Apok and New Gen are also Galaxy sized planets.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Miss Maxima
Truth. Apok and New Gen are also Galaxy sized planets. proof please

Miss Maxima
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
proof please For STARTERS Supergirl 29 volume 3. I could list more if you like.

Colossus-Big C
scans

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
proof please
Idk about Galaxy sized, but the planets are to scale with the New Gods, and New Gods in their true sizes made Supergirl look like a bug.

GRIMNIR
Galaxy sized planets?

A planet the size of a galaxy?

Which story is this?

Who writes this nonsense?

Galaxy sized planets?

Omega Vision
Galaxy sized planets?

A planet the size of a galaxy?

Which story is this?

Who writes this nonsense?

Galaxy sized planets?
It's been established that New Gods are gigantic beings who appear the same size as humans because traveling to and from the Fourth World via Boom Tube 'resizes' everything.

Given that the planets are of similar scale to the New Gods as Earth is to humans, it follows that New Genesis and Apokolips would be MUCH larger than Earth.

But idk about them being "Galaxy sized"

Colossus-Big C
jupiter makes earth look like an insect, there planet would probably be the size of jupiter or maybe the sun, but no where even remotely near the size of a galaxy

kbclassof09
Idk about Galaxy sized, but the planets are to scale with the New Gods, and New Gods in their true sizes made Supergirl look like a bug.

Yeah Apokolips and New Genesis are not really galaxy sized but they are proportional to the size of the new gods as earth is to us.

new god reader

Allankles
Yeah Apokolips and New Genesis are not really galaxy sized but they are proportional to the size of the new gods as earth is to us.

When people say their planets are galaxy sized, they're being modest. In their dimension whole universes where miniscule (a bit bigger than the size of their arms).

But taking their average (Supergirl being bug sized instead of microbe sized like in V3), galaxy sized (since those vary in size anyway) is a good estimate.

kbclassof09
Originally posted by new god reader
Actually, in New Gods, worlds were microbes to Superman and Orion. A world would be less than a microb compared to New Genesis. Thus their planets are galaxy sized.

What I meant to say was if Superman came to New Genesis or Apokolips via boom tube, the planets' size would seem to be the same size as earth because he would be scaled in proportion to the planets.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Apokolips is bigger due to it being on a different plane of existence but 99% of the time when someone enters the New God's dimension, they are the same size. Unless someone specifies that it's the New God dimension Darkseid and a being from the regular Universe, it doesn't matter. Meaning, using Darkseid moving Apokolips and then trying to make it more impressive due to the scale New Gods operate on won't fly. Not in claims of superiority. Just like claiming Superman survived two incredibly large planets colliding instead of two regular Earth sized planets makes him superior to another peer. It doesn't matter. If someone is comparable to Superman durability wise or Darkseid psionic energy wise, when moved to the New God dimension, they'll perform the same feats.

Not sure if I explained myself very well.

TricksterPriest
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/NewGodsv310-14.jpg

psycho gundam
nvr's turning out (pause) socks faster than a hanes factory

Allankles
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Apokolips is bigger due to it being on a different plane of existence but 99% of the time when someone enters the New God's dimension, they are the same size. Unless someone specifies that it's the New God dimension Darkseid and a being from the regular Universe, it doesn't matter. Meaning, using Darkseid moving Apokolips and then trying to make it more impressive due to the scale New Gods operate on won't fly. Not in claims of superiority. Just like claiming Superman survived two incredibly large planets colliding instead of two regular Earth sized planets makes him superior to another peer. It doesn't matter. If someone is comparable to Superman durability wise or Darkseid psionic energy wise, when moved to the New God dimension, they'll perform the same feats.

Not sure if I explained myself very well.

I think people get it, but scale is one thing magnitude is another thing entirely. Even if Supes is scaled to match the New Gods, the mass of the planets in question is greater than anything he'd face with two planets from the normal universe.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I get that, but his size in turn with his power -comics being what they are- would mean my point still stands.

Throw in a being whose a physical rival in direct representation such as Captain Marvel in the situation, and I think he would almost as well. Which is my ultimately my main point.

Allankles
Yes and no (you don't).http://undergroundfreakz.com/s/otn/angry/nono.gif Yes, his power might have increased in proportion to his size. And no, because while I agree that Cpt. Marvel or someone similar might be able to replicate such a feat, it is not anyone else's but Supes.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Allankles
Yes and no (you don't).http://undergroundfreakz.com/s/otn/angry/nono.gif Yes, his power might have increased in proportion to his size. And no, because while I agree that Cpt. Marvel or someone similar might be able to replicate such a feat, it is not anyone else's but Supes.

Superman's powers obviously increase in proportion to his size. Otherwise, why are their no notable differences between Superman's performances on New Genesis and Earth? Apokolips Now was on Apokolips IIRC, and even in that story, Superman stalemated Orion on New Genesis and Darkseid admitted to Superman being his physical equal. It's just how comics work.

Based on how the boom tube technology works from what I've seen, if someone is considered a physical equal to Superman, they would have fared just as well.

How characters fare against each other or compare doesn't change when they enter the New God dimension. They simply work on a bigger scale. And since from what I've seen battles either happen in their dimension or don't, it doesn't matter in the end.

That's all I have to say on the matter really. Unless you have some information I've missed or forgotten about.

psycho gundam
the fourth world is just a greater plane, it's clear that new gods aren't leagues more powerful physically when they come to earth

Allankles
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman's powers obviously increase in proportion to his size. Otherwise, why are their no notable differences between Superman's performances on New Genesis and Earth? Apokolips Now was on Apokolips IIRC, and even in that story, Superman stalemated Orion on New Genesis and Darkseid admitted to Superman being his physical equal. It's just how comics work.

Based on how the boom tube technology works from what I've seen, if someone is considered a physical equal to Superman, they would have fared just as well.

How characters fare against each other or compare doesn't change when they enter the New God dimension. They simply work on a bigger scale. And since from what I've seen battles either happen in their dimension or don't, it doesn't matter in the end.

That's all I have to say on the matter really. Unless you have some information I've missed or forgotten about.

You're arguing two points, one of which I had no issue with. Yeah the tubes do increase Supes power in proportion to his size, since his battles in that dimension go the same as they would on the regular dimensions. We're in agreement there.

However, the feat in question even with scale put into the equation is still more impressive than having two regular dimension worlds colliding into him. We're talking an entirely greater mass, the sheer magnitude of the force and mass he faces there would dwarf anything he'd experience with regular universe planets.

How proportional his power increase is to the mass of the planets is besides the point, which is that, the incident was a great durability feat for Supes, regardless of other measurable or immeasurable factors.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Allankles
You're arguing two points, one of which I had no issue with. Yeah the tubes do increase Supes power in proportion to his size, since his battles in that dimension go the same as they would on the regular dimensions. We're in agreement there.

However, the feat in question even with scale put into the equation is still more impressive than having two regular dimension worlds colliding into him. We're talking an entirely greater mass, the sheer magnitude of the force and mass he faces there would dwarf anything he'd experience with regular universe planets.

How proportional his power increase is to the mass of the planets is besides the point, which is that, the incident was a great durability feat for Supes, regardless of other measurable or immeasurable factors.

Okay, that's cool.

I'm not and never have claimed that it's not impressive or anything of the sort. My point is that it's all relative. If Surfer survives two Earth sized planets colliding into him next week, that feat will be as impressive as what Superman did.

Understand?

I just don't want anyone using the higher scale of the New God dimension to overhype feats down the road or place them on an illogical pedastal like this thread was about to start to.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>