Dr. Strange vs Insane Genis-Vell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
1. Classic Strange.

2. Not classic but before he was depowered.

Who wins?

shokosugi
strange

MrMind
no prep I actually go with genis both rounds

Mindset
DS
Genis

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset
DS
Genis

quanchi112
Genis in both.

"Id"
Genis-Vell to both.

Mindset
Don't be that guy, Id.

"Id"
Don't be that guy, Id.

Genis is too fast, too strong, too aware for Strange to handle.

If Strange can neutralize his cosmic awareness, he can easily turn over the match.

Nihilist
1.Strange wins 7/10

2.Genis wins in a stomp

SasuOna
I'm assuming the Strange that is depowered in scenario 2 doesn't have his SS amp from the Ancient one. Even then he would still take the 2nd scenario pretty easily by draining his powers.

Strange is omniscient at his strongest with the eye of agamotto. Genis is too weak to handle Classic Strange.

Strange wins both scenarios

"Id"
Originally posted by SasuOna

Strange is omniscient at his strongest with the eye of agamotto. Genis is too weak to handle Classic Strange.

Walk me through your explanation. Because you have a situation where, Genis-Vell is equally as Omniscient if not more than the good doctor.

Genis-Vell should be able to walk him down, specifically because he has too much more power to command from the start.

SasuOna
Originally posted by "Id"
Walk me through your explanation. Because you have a situation where, Genis-Vell is equally as Omniscient if not more than the good doctor.

Genis-Vell should be able to walk him down, specifically because he has too much more power to command from the start.

I'm not sure how far cosmic awareness goes in regards to the 616 universe but Strange is a multiversal telapath and with the eye of agamotto he can see everything. Now if Genis Vell is multiversal as well then yeah it might be equal to Strange's but if he isn't I don't think its going to help him any besides affording him an opportunity to know that Strange is about to kill him.

As for the power argument thats just assuming that Genis is even on Sentry's level let alone on Strange's level. Hes probably faster then Strange but hes definitely not more powerful or as versatile as the good Doc.

"Id"
I'm not sure how far cosmic awareness goes in regards to the 616 universe but Strange is a multiversal telapath and with the eye of agamotto he can see everything. Now if Genis Vell is multiversal as well then yeah it might be equal to Strange's but if he isn't I don't think its going to help him any besides affording him an opportunity to know that Strange is about to kill him.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8994/cosmicawareness.th.jpghttp://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6224/omniversaltelepathy.th.jpg

As for the power argument thats just assuming that Genis is even on Sentry's level let alone on Strange's level. Hes probably faster then Strange but hes definitely not more powerful or as versatile as the good Doc.
What kind of power/force can Strange muster up, and tank?

Mindset
Genis is too fast, too strong, too aware for Strange to handle.

If Strange can neutralize his cosmic awareness, he can easily turn over the match. Strange is able to call upon powers that trump Genis's.

"Id"
Strange is able to call upon powers that trump Genis's.

What make you think Genis will give him the time to call up these higher powers? Genis will counter with his ability to call upon the powers, to punch a whole through his face.

Mindset
What make you think Genis will give him the time to call up these higher powers? Genis will counter with his ability to call upon the powers, to punch a whole through his face. Genis pretty much let people do w/e they wanted then killed them.

He was insane.

"Id"

Mindset

"Id"
Iirc, he didn't know if he could die, so he shot himself.

Pretty sure of other times of him not being aware or caring of danger, but I've lost all my comics from my hdd...
I got your back my Nigga!?!?

"Id"
One of the big selling points in his insane era was the use of his Cosmic Awareness. I am paraphrasing, but he knew what was, is, and whats to be. His cosmic eye, feed him everything he kneaded to know. The moment his cosmic awareness did not feed him the info he wanted, it freaked him out.

Uriel005
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8994/cosmicawareness.th.jpghttp://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6224/omniversaltelepathy.th.jpg

What kind of power/force can Strange muster up, and tank? at the least toe-to-toe with dormammu consistantly

King Kandy
This would be a fantastic fight. i think who wins would be up to the individual actions they take in a fight... there is no clear power or versatility gap to me.

guy222
IG in both

long pig
One of the big selling points in his insane era was the use of his Cosmic Awareness. I am paraphrasing, but he knew what was, is, and whats to be. His cosmic eye, feed him everything he kneaded to know. The moment his cosmic awareness did not feed him the info he wanted, it freaked him out. So he basically has a lower level version of the EOA. neat. Genis has speed on his side, that's it. Which is moot because he's not getting through Doc's shields. Galactus couldn't, death couldn't, LT didn't. In fact, Doc may even be faster when he uses his own version of the speed force in which he slows time and blitzes. I don't think you get the magnitude of classic doc's power. Give me a Genis feat and i'll beat it.

"Id"

Sr J-Bieb
If Strange is allowed to summon abstracts he wins (although that kind of defeats the entire purpose of Strange vs Genis).

If Strange isn't, then he gets his shit stomped easily.

King Kandy
Originally posted by long pig
death couldn't,
um, what? Dr. Strange hid within Eternity's form to escape death's touch, he KNEW it would have killed him otherwise.

LT didn't.
Good thing you said "didn't", given he never actually tried. Doesn't change the fact that its a complete non-feat. For that matter, Eternity never breached Genis's shields, i guess that proves everything.

TricksterPriest
Dr. Strange has more proven feats of high power. A few of Genis's are suspect.

And against classic Strange, I do not believe Genis has the kind of raw power Strange pulls out when he gets serious.

Even if Genis sees what Strange is going to do, he can't take him out. And Strange wants to stop time, or summon the power of the Vishanti, he can't do shit.

Mindset
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
If Strange is allowed to summon abstracts he wins (although that kind of defeats the entire purpose of Strange vs Genis).

If Strange isn't, then he gets his shit stomped easily. Pretty much.

King Kandy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Dr. Strange has more proven feats of high power. A few of Genis's are suspect.

And against classic Strange, I do not believe Genis has the kind of raw power Strange pulls out when he gets serious.

Even if Genis sees what Strange is going to do, he can't take him out. And Strange wants to stop time, or summon the power of the Vishanti, he can't do shit.
Um, Genis has tons of time manipulation feats... he can most definitely deal with time stopping.

TricksterPriest
On the level of classic strange? I would like to see that.

Mindset
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t526124.html

SasuOna
Hes not as powerful as classic Strange. Worst case scenario Strange has to start Black Magic to beat him.

Uriel005
Hes not as powerful as classic Strange. Worst case scenario Strange has to start Black Magic to beat him. Yeah but CIS on he would never do it unless Genis clearly stated intent to harm the universe irreparably.

long pig
And your responding to a quote that you obviously do not understand. Damn public schooling fails again.
If only it came with omniversal capability...oh wait, it does. The EOA OOA
amps his already substantial innate universal awareness and skyfather level mental abilities millions of times giving him absolute multitiversal omniscience. Even Galactus admitted inferiority in that area.

long pig
Whether you agree with that single feat or not matters to noone. There are dozens more char above Genis who couldn't bust his shield. Point: Genis Cant break his shields.

Doc's time control makes Genis's look like a turd stuffed in a sock. He has absolute control and has had thousands of years to perfect it. it's no contest. If you even try to argue that genis has equal or superior time control to Doc, i'll know you have no clue what you are talking about.

long pig
Um no. In the feat i'm speaking of Strange is in Death's realm and fights to a draw. Ending with Death proclaiming that Strange can't die.

Taking blasts from LT and inbetweener at the same time without being deaded isn't a feat? Do you have any idea what feat i'm talking about? Go refresh your memory in the Strange respect page then come back. smile

long pig
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
On the level of classic strange? I would like to see that. You won't. If these guys would simply read doc's first series or in to his debts page they'd realize the power of the most powerful magic user in the universe. Also, hasn't magic always been genis's weakness? Magic is a weakness for all those cosmic powered guys. they've never been able to absorb magic because it defies all the scientific laws.

PillarofOsiris
Insane Genis was well out of Strange's league. Genis wins.

SasuOna
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Insane Genis was well out of Strange's league. Genis wins.

Unless Genis is as powerful as a full power Mad Jim Jaspers I have no idea how you could come to that conclusion.

tests
classic strange was one of the most powerful heroes ever.

He would most likely win this.

I wonder what are the limits of strange's powers?

long pig
Originally posted by tests
I wonder what are the limits of strange's powers? After having his herald one-shot KO'D and being knocked on his ass with one blast, Galactus wondered the same thing. 'I wonder what it would take to defeat you, magician'

"Id"
You won't. If these guys would simply read doc's first series or in to his debts page they'd realize the power of the most powerful magic user in the universe. Also, hasn't magic always been genis's weakness? Magic is a weakness for all those cosmic powered guys. they've never been able to absorb magic because it defies all the scientific laws.

teheh
I know enough, to know how this match would play out. But Kandy would have a field day with this comment.

Kandy is an avid Strange fan, and knows the ins-ands-outs of Genis-Vell. Considering he has read up everything pertaining to Genis-Vell.

Here is a drop of info. Genis-Vell commands all forms of energy. That includes magic, since its just a different kind of energy. As he himself has stated, and shown.

King Kandy
Um no. In the feat i'm speaking of Strange is in Death's realm and fights to a draw. Ending with Death proclaiming that Strange can't die.
Oh, that time. He already had been gifted with the sign of the ankh ever since his first trial with death... death has encountered him since then and has no ability to claim him, that instance was nothing special. And in fact is something that EVERY sorcerer supreme went through.

Taking blasts from LT and inbetweener at the same time without being deaded isn't a feat? Do you have any idea what feat i'm talking about? Go refresh your memory in the Strange respect page then come back. smile
lol, that did not happen how you remember. show me a scan where he gets hit by the two at once. LT wasn't even fighting him in that instance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.