Thor takes on X-men Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Thor

vs

Cyclops
Storm
Colossus
Wolverine
Sunspot
Magma
Iceman

Match one: Forum fight

Match two: Comic book

JakeTheBank
Thor.

Thor, though he'll job a bit to make Wolvie and Co. look good.

inimalist
storm/magma/sunspot are useless

the question is if iceman can do anything to harm thor in the brief period wol, cyc and colossus might keep him occupied

zopzop
The sad thing is that's a pretty solid X-men line up and they still have no chance. Thor 10/10. Iceman isn't doing jack.

Zack Fair
Thor ignores them while he makes out with Storm.

thor would stomp these folks

PillarofOsiris
Thor

StyleTime
1. Xmen lose obviously.
2. Depends on who needs to win more. I could completely see this team fending Thor off long enough to complete a story.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by StyleTime
1. Xmen lose obviously.
2. Depends on who needs to win more. I could completely see this team fending Thor off long enough to complete a story.

Yep. I could definitely see some PIS or jobbing from Thor in an X book. Paul knows a good writer, Matt Fraction? big grin

Zopzop has a point though. That's a decent Xmen lineup. No telepath, but seriously, the Xmen have no business fighting herald levelers.no

optic_blast!!!
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Thor ignores them while he makes out with Storm.

thor isnt her type she doesnt like dumb blonds that cant even talk right

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by optic_blast!!!
thor isnt her type she doesnt like dumb blonds that cant even talk right

Verily:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/35286/857860-contestofchampionsii_p23_super.jpg

inimalist
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Zopzop has a point though. That's a decent Xmen lineup. No telepath, but seriously, the Xmen have no business fighting herald levelers.no

indeed. it sucks, because a lot of their more powerful and interesting enemies need to job when they fight because of it

optic_blast!!!
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Verily:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/35286/857860-contestofchampionsii_p23_super.jpg

heforced her to kiss him you know its called a rape confused

JakeTheBank
Lol

Originally posted by inimalist
indeed. it sucks, because a lot of their more powerful and interesting enemies need to job when they fight because of it they're mostly metas, the thing is they do have top tiers, but they're usually spread out through a bunch of different teams or partly depowered.

EDIT: still, their telepaths are nothing to sneer at

Uriel005
Originally posted by 753
they're mostly metas, the thing is they do have top tiers, but they're usually spread out through a bunch of different teams or partly depowered.

EDIT: still, their telepaths are nothing to sneer at Yeah TP weakness seems to be achilles heel in a lot of heralds against metas.

dmills
OP should up the ante a bit. Magma and Sunspot are damned near useless. Take them out, add in Northstar and Hellion. Now you have a fight.

Silent Master
Originally posted by optic_blast!!!
heforced her to kiss him you know its called a rape confused

Since when does a kiss = rape?

Originally posted by dmills
OP should up the ante a bit. Magma and Sunspot are damned near useless. Take them out, add in Northstar and Hellion. Now you have a fight. even then, they'd be royally ****ed.

namor + magik should level the field.

zopzop
Originally posted by dmills
OP should up the ante a bit. Magma and Sunspot are damned near useless. Take them out, add in Northstar and Hellion. Now you have a fight.

How do you see Northstar or Hellion doing anything to Thor?

chomperx9
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Thor

vs

Cyclops
Storm
Colossus
Wolverine
Sunspot
Magma
Iceman

Match one: Forum fight

Match two: Comic book comic fight x-men wins. Forum fight Iceman solos

zopzop
Originally posted by chomperx9
comic fight x-men wins. Forum fight Iceman solos

You forgot the sarcasm tag in that post. wacko

chomperx9
Originally posted by zopzop
You forgot the sarcasm tag in that post. wacko I was just speaking for others,

Sin I AM
magma and sunspot are far from useless

Rage.Of.Olympus
^What exactly can they do to Thor?

Thor wins the first. He'd win the second in a straight up fight as well unless the plot needed him to be held off or something.

Sin I AM
they can defeat him.......they arent jobbing either, and barring bfr, he'd have to contend with Logan and Piotr, with the rest providing viable distraction ...its not a stomp as some would portend

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Sin I AM
magma and sunspot are far from useless thor's fought atum in the sun sis

Sin I AM
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thor's fought atum on the sun sis

your point, are u insinuating that nothing less than the god eater can harm odinson, bro? smokin'

TricksterPriest
they can defeat him.......they arent jobbing either, and barring bfr, he'd have to contend with Logan and Piotr, with the rest providing viable distraction ...its not a stomp as some would portend It's frigging Thor. They have as much as holding off a non-jobbing Thor as Bane does at holding off Superman.

Logan? Piotr? What the hell can they do to Thor? He can one shot every single person on this team. Iceman he might have to BFR. Iceman is the only one who wouldn't be killed or KOed from a hammer throw.

Thor could clear the battlefield with a single lightning bolt. he prolly wouldnt, but he certainly could. even with cis on, he mops the floor with them

Sin I AM
It's frigging Thor. They have as much as holding off a non-jobbing Thor as Bane does at holding off Superman.

Logan? Piotr? What the hell can they do to Thor? He can one shot every single person on this team. Iceman he might have to BFR. Iceman is the only one who wouldn't be killed or KOed from a hammer throw.

i have a question, which is completely outta context with this fight but im just curious about your opinion before i proceed....barring exotic powers, h2h only how does thor handle wolverine and colossus?

TricksterPriest
i have a question, which is completely outta context with this fight but im just curious about your opinion before i proceed....barring exotic powers, h2h only how does thor handle wolverine and colossus? Hamma 2 DA FACE! durthor In all honesty, he's fast enough that he can hit them, and they aren't fast enough to dodge his blows. Worst case scenario, he can just throw Mjollnir. They're not getting up from that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
i have a question, which is completely outta context with this fight but im just curious about your opinion before i proceed....barring exotic powers, h2h only how does thor handle wolverine and colossus?

By ripping them to pieces?

they can defeat him.......they arent jobbing either, and barring bfr, he'd have to contend with Logan and Piotr, with the rest providing viable distraction ...its not a stomp as some would portend

Not really. Thor beating them is somehow the X-men jobbing? K.

If Thor wants to, he'll rip them to pieces.

TricksterPriest
And given the fact that Thor doesn't hold back anymore in the comics, they're screwed.

Sin I AM
Hamma 2 DA FACE! durthor In all honesty, he's fast enough that he can hit them, and they aren't fast enough to dodge his blows. Worst case scenario, he can just throw Mjollnir. They're not getting up from that.

hmm, then we must agree to disagree....imo no way is thor one shotting logan and piotr.....your wankage knows no bounds...if hulk cant one-shot them how is thor going to?

TricksterPriest
Hulk can oneshot them. And has. He broke Colossus's arms during WWH. And that was a crappy Hulk, albeit smarter. He's wrecked better teams than this too. And Thor is far more powerful.

Sin I AM
Hulk can oneshot them. And has. He broke Colossus's arms during WWH. And that was a crappy Hulk, albeit smarter. He's wrecked better teams than this too. And Thor is far more powerful.

when has he one-shot logan? or colossus, true he broke his arm...but crappy hulk? that was his strongest incarnation...and i asked u about h2h, so please tell me how thors more powerful..

kakuzu
Thor fighting these guys is what happens when he has to walk through snow to get to his mail box pretty much. Not much of a big deal but its kinda annoying to walk through it anyway. He wins 11/10 lol Only guys giving him trouble are perhaps colussus thats about it, but he'll die pretty fast to .

kakuzu
when has he one-shot logan? or colossus, true he broke his arm...but crappy hulk? that was his strongest incarnation...and i asked u about h2h, so please tell me how thors more powerful..

Thor isn't a villain he's a hero he has no reason to fight them. In a what if he'd probably kill them all just like how he killed thing and took his arm off in 616. Then in another what if he killed Hulk and Thing while loosing his arm. You can't honestly think Logan or colussus could do any harm to thor? Colussus couldn't even beat glads, In vl2, a gladiator from the future couldn't beat regular thor from the past lol. Wolverine can't hurt invulerable people on durable people like Hulk. Hulk probably belt enough blood to take a bath in, in about a year while on planet Hulk. Last time Thor was cut cannon was when he fought an indestructible viking I'm sorry indestructible and immortal viking and he stabbed his blade through Thors who I believe already had two broken arms anyway.

Rage.Of.Olympus
hmm, then we must agree to disagree....imo no way is thor one shotting logan and piotr.....your wankage knows no bounds...if hulk cant one-shot them how is thor going to?

Depends. If Thor's pissed or we're using a higher end version, one shotting them is something I can make an argument for if I wanted to. His done shit far greater than that.

It's not the normal or average thing that's going to happen though.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by kakuzu
Thor fighting these guys is what happens when he has to walk through snow to get to his mail box pretty much. Not much of a big deal but its kinda annoying to walk through it anyway. He wins 11/10 lol Only guys giving him trouble are perhaps colussus thats about it, but he'll die pretty fast to . laughing thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol. I like this guy.

kakuzu

How can thor not one shot logan but he's one shotted Ulik the strongest troll? If I remember correctly and I have a video of proof THOR IS STRONGER THAN HULK, STAN LEE SAYS HE WANTED TO MAKE A HERO BETTER AND STRONGER THAN HULK SO HE MADE A GOD NAMED THOR. The video should still be on youtube. How can you honestly base something off Hulk from Thor? Thors has way better feats than Hulk and has lost to Hulk like once our of like 12 fights lol

psycho gundam
your point, are u insinuating that nothing less than the god eater can harm odinson, bro? smokin' in terms of heat? sure, sis

evil face

kakuzu
Originally posted by psycho gundam
in terms of heat? sure, sis

evil face

Terms of heat Thors teleported to the core of the sun to talk to his older brother
He's taken a mini sun thrown at him by some random god
If that isn't enough he jumped into the very same thing his hammer was made in to get something and you can only imagine how hot it had to be to get his hammer into of that.
While his hammer was the heat of a million exploding suns he grabbed it.

psycho gundam
tell that to her

kakuzu
I was just throwing it out there
No amoutn of heat can hurt him
Theres only been two characters in marvel history to hurt him with cold, One the dark dweller he threw in the sun lol, the second the 4 d man or something Thor throw him back in his dimension but there heat is drecibed making anybody else on earths heat look like a candle lol

All the others are useless

carver9
I was just throwing it out there
No amoutn of heat can hurt him
Theres only been two characters in marvel history to hurt him with cold, One the dark dweller he threw in the sun lol, the second the 4 d man or something Thor throw him back in his dimension but there heat is drecibed making anybody else on earths heat look like a candle lol

All the others are useless

Why did Thor dodge Gladiators heat vision then?

Heat can hurt him. Depends on who it is coming from.

kakuzu
Originally posted by carver9
Why did Thor dodge Gladiators heat vision then?

Heat can hurt him. Depends on who it is coming from.

What does dodging gladiators heat vision have to do with this? As many things as he's dodged you really wanna ask a stupid question like dodging his eye beams.

Heat can't hurt him must I show you the picture of a sun getting thrown at him? TO LATE

Teleported to the core of the sun talked to his older brother thats 27,000,000 degress didn't feel it at all.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l46/gaarakaku/fighting%20pics/Thor/AtlantisAttacks-part13-ThorAnnual14.jpg

Sun getting thrown at him. If freaking sun didn't hurt him what type of heat would? Unles its mystical, He isn't Superman were if he is away from the actually sun he can sweat in a very hot place lol, Thor is resistant to heat 24/7
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l46/gaarakaku/fighting%20pics/Thor/5-horz-2.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor isn't immune to heat. It just takes really extreme levels of it to damage him.

BattleMage
Thor.

carver9
I agree, Thor is immune to heat "unless" it shot from a powerful source like Superman or Gladiators eyes.

kakuzu
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor isn't immune to heat. It just takes really extreme levels of it to damage him. I mean there hasn't been shown an instance as to where heat can has hurt him by regular means. I don't though he's been hurt by heat ever.

kakuzu
I agree, Thor is immune to heat "unless" it shot from a powerful source like Superman or Gladiators eyes.

He is immune to that to, I think even a fake Thor has taken hits from Gladiators eyes, and he'd easily take Supermans eye beams. How could he be immune to heat but not there heat? Gladiators heat is as hot as a star, and Thor has been in the sun and had a sun thrown at him why wouldn't he be able to take there heat?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I mean there hasn't been shown an instance as to where heat can has hurt him by regular means. I don't though he's been hurt by heat ever.

His hands were once hurt by holding on to Mjolnir when he had it burning with extreme levels of heat and energy.

I think Gladiator's heat vision will at best stun Thor like it did Tarene. I see Clark affecting Thor more with his heat vision. It's not just heat. It's Superman's energy being released from his eyes etc. like Superman lifting something heavy is his energy being channeled through his strength.

Thor walking through Clark's heat vision was actually a decent showing. I've seen heat vision cut through even Superman (Not talking about Prime. Zod)

Zack Fair
Thor walking through Clark's heat vision was actually a decent showing. I've seen heat vision cut through even Superman (Not talking about Prime. Zod)

I agree. He kind of deserves a "Balls 2 you" medal for pulling that stunt. Sucks that the fight was so short. The 2 of them fighting would be worth 8 issues alone. Oh well.

kakuzu
His hands were once hurt by holding on to Mjolnir when he had it burning with extreme levels of heat and energy.

I think Gladiator's heat vision will at best stun Thor like it did Tarene. I see Clark affecting Thor more with his heat vision. It's not just heat. It's Superman's energy being released from his eyes etc. like Superman lifting something heavy is his energy being channeled through his strength.

1.Your talking about when he had it filled with the heat of 1,000,000 suns? That might have been the only time. I think he literally held it a second later lol

2.Tarene is alot weaker than Thor, she got killed by one hit from Surtur, thors been fighting surtur with and mostly with out the odin force for several decades. Surtur is a being whos fire keeps getting hotter and he gets hurt by Thors fists. He wouldn't be burned in the least bit by gladiators beams, nor Supermans beams. Stunned probably not he's taken hits from celestials before and blast from durok and amped up surfer. It can however knock him back but those just aren't enough to truly hurt him. Immune though I think your right but I don't see very many beings with the heat of millions suns though lol. That Thor vs sups wasn't a good comic, Supes able to knock Thor out, Thor killing Doomsday with one hit, Superman able to wield Thors hammer? Whole comic had many flaws. They should remake it like they are most other stuff now a days

kakuzu
I agree. He kind of deserves a "Balls 2 you" medal for pulling that stunt. Sucks that the fight was so short. The 2 of them fighting would be worth 8 issues alone. Oh well.

Back then when fights were actually epic that should have been a much better fight. Usually he'd block a hit like that with his hammer return fight and they'd fight on for like the rest of the comic, not hit and say your burned me even though I've been through much worse lol

Zack Fair
Superman was only allowed to wield Mjolnir because Odin let him(if memory serves me right) Supes tried lifting the hammer after it was all over and just made an ass of himself rofl.

kakuzu
Superman was only allowed to wield Mjolnir because Odin let him(if memory serves me right) Supes tried lifting the hammer after it was all over and just made an ass of himself rofl.

I think it was Thor who let him lol, but yeah I remember he tried his best to pic it up and thor laughed at him and Superman just tried to laugh like he din't make and ass of himself

Rage.Of.Olympus
1.Your talking about when he had it filled with the heat of 1,000,000 suns? That might have been the only time. I think he literally held it a second later lol

Thor generated extreme heat against Surtur on two different occasions. In the first instance, Mjolnir burned with the power and energy of a 1000 Suns:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsSurtur2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsSurtur3.jpg

He was unharmed.

Later on, he was hurt to a minor degree by holding on to it:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsSurtur15.jpg

I'm assuming it was noticeably hotter in the second instance.

2.Tarene is alot weaker than Thor, she got killed by one hit from Surtur, thors been fighting surtur with and mostly with out the odin force for several decades. Surtur is a being whos fire keeps getting hotter and he gets hurt by Thors fists.

I wouldn't say that. Before she lost the Designate power completely, I'd argue she was almost on Thor's level. She was working Gladiator before the cold breath instance. When was she killed by Surtur?

He wouldn't be burned in the least bit by gladiators beams, nor Supermans beams. Stunned probably not he's taken hits from celestials before and blast from durok and amped up surfer. It can however knock him back but those just aren't enough to truly hurt him. Immune though I think your right but I don't see very many beings with the heat of millions suns though lol. That Thor vs sups wasn't a good comic, Supes able to knock Thor out, Thor killing Doomsday with one hit, Superman able to wield Thors hammer? Whole comic had many flaws. They should remake it like they are most other stuff now a days

I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself. Thor isn't always on that level. I agree that Thor wouldn't be burnt by Gladiator's heat vision, but I can see him being momentarily stunned by it. Similar to Thor Girl but to a lesser extent. I don't think a writer would have Thor no sell it. It certainly can be argued but I don't see it happening on average.

You can't prove Thor killed Doomsday, but he did seem to have him on the ropes. Meh, I don't like Clark beating Thor, but it was a decent fight. Clark was so spent, a repulsor blast from Iron Man noticeably hurt him. Clark even admitted that he barely beat Thor. Not a bad showing for Thor. Especially since it was Busiek who generally writers a more lower end Thor.

Mindset
Wolverine solos.

kakuzu
Thor generated extreme heat against Surtur on two different occasions. In the first instance, Mjolnir burned with the power and energy of a 1000 Suns:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsSurtur2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsSurtur3.jpg

He was unharmed.

Later on, he was hurt to a minor degree by holding on to it:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsSurtur15.jpg

I'm assuming it was noticeably hotter in the second instance.

I wouldn't say that. Before she lost the Designate power completely, I'd argue she was almost on Thor's level. She was working Gladiator before the cold breath instance. When was she killed by Surtur?

I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself. Thor isn't always on that level. I agree that Thor wouldn't be burnt by Gladiator's heat vision, but I can see him being momentarily stunned by it. Similar to Thor Girl but to a lesser extent. I don't think a writer would have Thor no sell it. It certainly can be argued but I don't see it happening on average.

You can't prove Thor killed Doomsday, but he did seem to have him on the ropes. Meh, I don't like Clark beating Thor, but it was a decent fight. Clark was so spent, a repulsor blast from Iron Man noticeably hurt him. Clark even admitted that he barely beat Thor. Not a bad showing for Thor. Especially since it was Busiek who generally writers a more lower end Thor.

That doesn't sound like it was burned, he's been throwing and whirling that hammer fast alot because surtur was near his eternal flame which made his power even greater than odin with the odin force and odin couldn't get to his full power as well. The instance I talk of was when he fought that one of the three omnipotent brothers. This doesn't look like a burn

2She was never almost on his level, Gladiator pwned her, he beat her with ice breathe lol. That same trick would never work on Thor. I think even in strength she was by far alot weaker. She even got killed by that gargoyle dude.

3.Where talking about classic Thor he literally stayed at the same level of durability pretty much. I haven't seen a time during his classic years where he had a problem with regular heats blast and suns ever. I'm pretty sure Gladiators heat blast wouldn't stun him. Its pretty much like Supergirl getting pwned by Doomsdays with ease but Superman putting up and actual fight.

4.When she was killed was during the same arc Surtur just came back alive in new york I think? Odin sacrificed himself to kill Surtur. It was basically the same time Surtur came back before ragnarok I think he killed her with and eye beam attack.

5.I can't prove it but Doomsdays was still beaten with like one hit and never seen again in that comic. If He wasn't dead he was beaten by a regular blow from Thor. If Thor was going to kill Doomsday it be the same blow he used on that pirate planet back in volume one against the 2,000ft celestial. As for Superman beating him so easily horrible showing. It may be because Thor was on a team why he lost but even so Superman could never truly knock him out with just one hit. Those guys are in the same league they would have to duke it out if anything.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Mindset
Wolverine solos.

Is that code for running away?

the ninjak
Storm sucks on Thor's tongue while the rest watch, getting all hot and bothered.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by zopzop
The sad thing is that's a pretty solid X-men line up and they still have no chance. Thor 10/10. Iceman isn't doing jack.

It's unfortunate, but very true.

h1a8
I think it was an Iceman fan here who would argue that since Iceman has full control over the speed of atoms then he can just stop the movement of the atoms to kill any non abstract being.

Thor would mostly likely win here but it wouldn't be easy. Especially if he is distracted and gets clawed good by Wolverine.

Imo, Iceman can definitely slow him done a minut bit in order for Wolverine to land some good strikes.

Silent Master
Assuming Thor doesn't do what he did to the Winter Guard during the Kang arc a few years back, IE calling down multiple lighting bolts to take the entire team down at the same time.

Or what he did to that group of aliens during the Maximum Security arc, IE calling up a tornado to BFR them.

GRIMNIR
What is the level of Thor Durability and Regen Healing?

If Wolverine cut Thor's head off would it grow back?
If Iceman freezes Thor and the Colossus punches him to shatter would he just heal like T1000?

JakeTheBank
Wolverine doesn't have the strength factor to cleanly cut off Thor's head with a single swipe and it's unlikely he'll get close enough to work at it before Thor dismisses him and most of the team.

It's unlikely Iceman would freeze Thor before he's BFRed or otherwise incapacitated. Same goes with Colossus punching him to shatter.

In a forum fight, everyone in character and not mindlessly trying to murder the others, Thor uses enough power to dispatch the mutants short of killing or causing permenant damage. Iceman's really their only chance.

In a comic book fight, X-Men would probably do a lot better, especially in an X-Title. Depending on how much plot device and PIS was involved, Thor would either stalemate the team or beat them with sufficient difficulty. The team could also possibly beat him depending on a variety of factors. Still, Thor has the feats in comics to warrant him cleanly beating this team of mutants.

Starscream M
team

Silent Master
Wolverine isn't cutting his head off and IIRC Thor has withstood cold from the casket of ancient winters

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
team

In a forum fight and a comic book one?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Silent Master
Wolverine isn't cutting his head off and IIRC Thor has withstood cold from the casket of ancient winters

He's also endured having his molecules frozen in place and his godhood/divinity prevented it from occuring.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
In a forum fight and a comic book one? in character, I think the team wins. not sure about a fight in which everyone is bloodlusted though.

Starscream M
Wolverine doesn't have the strength factor to cleanly cut off Thor's head with a single swipe and it's unlikely he'll get close enough to work at it before Thor dismisses him and most of the team.

logan doesn't have to decapitate thor

he could

1) stick one claw through the heart

2) cut his throat (airpipe)

3) stick a claw through his temple

4) slash his eyes

Silent Master
In character, one of them(probably Wolverine) is going to piss Thor off, at which point he likely uses one of the above making tactics.

Silent Master
in character, I think the team wins. not sure about a fight in which everyone is bloodlusted though.

I don't think you know what in-character means.

he could

4) slash his eyes

JakeTheBank
in character, I think the team wins. not sure about a fight in which everyone is bloodlusted though.

I think in character, Thor would win both, but the comic book fight would obviously be portrayed way more even than it should be, especially in an X-Men title. Thor would definitely job some to the team under normal circumstances if we look at Marvel's history of doing similar things. Of course, a writer could portray Thor as just being unstoppable as compared to the X-Men roster, too.

JakeTheBank

he could

4) slash his eyes

I'm not sure how to handle this.

You're not suggesting that if the team wins, it will be mainly because of Wolverine, are you?

You're also underestimating Thor's power output if you think that under normal/typical circumstances Thor is going to let Wolverine get that close to do that. He sure as hell wouldn't in a comic book. And based on feats as a whole, Wolverine is a non-factor to Thor in a forum setting.

zopzop
Wolverine is their only real chance. If he gets a lucky swipe at Thor's jugular or heart, it's lights out.

However, Thor isn't stupid. He'd realize Wolverine is the only real SLIGHT chance they have in hell and either BFR him or fry the flesh from his bones with energy attacks.

The rest of the X-men on this team can't even hurt Thor in any meaningful way. Magma, Sunspot, Colossus, and Storm are literally dead weight.

Iceman and Cyclops annoy him for a few seconds before dying badly.

Starscream M
I'm not sure how to handle this.

You're not suggesting that if the team wins, it will be mainly because of Wolverine, are you?
no, I was simply saying decapitation isn't logan's only option to contribute to his team

Starscream M
I think in character, Thor would win both, but the comic book fight would obviously be portrayed way more even than it should be, especially in an X-Men title. Thor would definitely job some to the team under normal circumstances if we look at Marvel's history of doing similar things. Of course, a writer could portray Thor as just being unstoppable as compared to the X-Men roster, too.

comic fight: I think thor wins (in comics, iceman is usually neutered) and logan won't go for a killing slash

KMC fight: I think team wins (iceman is much more powerful when all his powers come into play)

Rage.Of.Olympus
A KMC fight would favor Thor more than it does the team I'd wager.

Thor wins in both.

Rage.Of.Olympus

he could

4) slash his eyes

Even going by their fight, Wolverine is not easily cutting Thor. He did only superficial damage with the slice to the rib area being more emphasized.

Seeing as how a downward stab through Thor's back didn't do any major damage, Logan wouldn't be able to reach Thor's heart and isn't sticking a claw through Thor's temple.

It's possible the writer seemed to follow the bullet incident line of thinking that Thor's bones are a lot tougher than his skin.

Whatever, it was a shitty comic. Contradictions within itself.

Mindset
One claw through the heart isn't going to put Thor down.

Starscream M
Even going by their fight, Wolverine is not easily cutting Thor. He did only superficial damage with the slice to the ribs being more emphasized.

Seeing as how a downward stab through Thor's back didn't do any major damage, Loga wouldn't be able to reach Thor's heart and isn't sticking a claw through Thor's temple.

The writer seemed to follow the bullet incident line of thinking. Thor's bones are a lot tougher than his skin.

1. yeah but here he has iceman who can temporarily slow down thor or colossus can distract thor, giving logan much more room to work with

2. logan's claws were prob not out...as his fists were on thor's back, if his claws were out, his claws would be sticking out in thor's chest

3. i agree, i think logan would have a very hard time cutting through thor's bones, don't think he could in a fight. but he can puncture the heart through the space between the ribs. and cutting the airpipe doesn't require bypassing the bone, or cutting the eyes.

Rage.Of.Olympus
1. yeah but here he has iceman who can temporarily slow down thor or colossus can distract thor, giving logan much more room to work with

2. logan's claws were prob not out...as his fists were on thor's back, if his claws were out, his claws would be sticking out in thor's chest

3. i agree, i think logan would have a very hard time cutting through thor's bones, don't think he could in a fight. but he can puncture the heart through the space between the ribs. and cutting the airpipe doesn't require bypassing the bone, or cutting the eyes.

1. Temporarily slow Thor down how? By freezing him? Lawlz. Colossus is insingificant.

This strategy seems to be dependent on Thor being entirely dimwitted and forgetting that his fighting a team with one character in particular who is the most dangerous.

2. no

3. He'd have to be lucky to get a claw in through the rib cage around the heart area. He could cut the jugular or the eyes going by their fight but that's easier said than done.

Starscream M
One claw through the heart isn't going to put Thor down. but it'd weaken thor significantly enough for the rest of the team to finish him imo

although on second thought, logan in character wouldn't go for thor's heart...much more likely go for the eyes

Silent Master
Several people fighting him at once is good way to get Thor to start using his powers more, which would end badly for the X-team

Going for heart/throat/eye shots on a hero isn't exactly in character for Wolverine, so since we are going with OOC attacks, Thor starts off by flooding the area with water/lightning and godblasts whoever is left.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Exactly.

Starscream M

2. no
wasn't his fists on thor's back? if his claws were out, they'd be a feet deep in thor.

Starscream M
Several people fighting him at once is good way to get Thor to start using his powers more, which would end badly for the X-team

Going for heart/throat/eye shots on a hero isn't exactly in character for Wolverine, so since we are going with OOC attacks, Thor starts off by flooding the area with water/lightning and godblasts whoever is left. I agree heart or throat is unlikely. I think logan would go for the eyes though.

Silent Master
I agree heart or throat is unlikely. I think logan would go for the eyes though.

Since when does Wolverine try and blind other heroes?

Starscream M
Since when does Wolverine try and blind other heroes? since he did it to hulk and rulk. its a tactic he uses against herald class opponents.

Silent Master
since he did it to hulk and rulk. its a tactic he uses against herald class opponents.

Hulk has a healing factor that would allow him to heal that kind of damage in seconds, Wolverine knows that.

Can't comment on Rulk as I don't follow him.

zopzop
The crazy thing about this thread is :

All these mutants with these exotic powers and the only one with even a SLIM chance to hurt Thor is Wolverine. mad

Silent Master
And that is only if Thor let's him.

Mindset
since he did it to hulk and rulk. its a tactic he uses against herald class opponents. Rulk is a hero now?

Starscream M
Rulk is a hero now? no, hence I never used that term. hulk is though.

quanchi112
Since when does Wolverine try and blind other heroes? He blinded ww hulk. smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wolverine's more prone to using lethal force than other heroes when the stakes are high or his in a no nonsense attitude. Unfortunately for this team, I can easily make the same argument for Thor.

wasn't his fists on thor's back? if his claws were out, they'd be a feet deep in thor.

Here's the scene:
http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/?action=view&current=wolvie_thor5.jpg

Look at the way he stabs downward and the motion lines similar to previous scenes where he was slicing Thor. He used his claws. The rib scene is the anomaly. The other -two or three- instances he cut Thor in that comic, they were superficial.

The part that was hurt more than others, the rib area to the right, was it even showin being cut?

Silent Master
no, hence I never used that term. hulk is though.

Hulk is a hero that Wolverine knows can heal the damage in a short time, that makes the example rather dubious.

Starscream M

Here's the scene:
http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/?action=view&current=wolvie_thor5.jpg

Look at the way he stabs downward and the motion lines similar to previous scenes where he was slicing Thor. He used his claws. The rib scene is the anomaly. The other -two or three- instances he cut Thor in that comic, they were superficial. that scan actually disproves your point

those lines are just motion lines, would be drawn without claws

also look at every image of logan in that page, immediately after getting punched off, he has no claws (it makes no sense that he retracted it as he got punched)

quanchi112
Hulk is a hero that Wolverine knows can heal the damage in a short time, that makes the example rather dubious. You said heroes and were given an example.

Rulk is a hero now? theyre rehabilitating him as muscle for the avengers

Mindset
Since when does Wolverine try and blind other heroes? Originally posted by Starscream M
since he did it to hulk and rulk. its a tactic he uses against herald class opponents. Originally posted by Starscream M
no, hence I never used that term. hulk is though. ...

Rage.Of.Olympus
that scan actually disproves your point

those lines are just motion lines, would be drawn without claws

also look at every image of logan in that page, immediately after getting punched off, he has no claws (it makes no sense that he retracted it as he got punched)

Not really.

Look at the previous pages:
http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/?action=view&current=wolvie_thor3.jpg
http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/?action=view&current=wolvie_thor4.jpg

Similar motion lines. That doesn't prove anything. In the last scan, Logan's claws are retracted by the time Thor has tossed him into the air. Also on that page, in one panel Logan has his claws out, and then they are retracted when the shock wave knocks him upward.

I just realized how much Thor how vastly Thor must have been holding back in that fight. Traded some speed for strength? Thor's magnitudes stronger than Creed.

quanchi112
... laughing out loud

Silent Master

Ignoring the context that he has only used it on a hero that he knew could heal it in a short time. It's still a one-off feat.

Does this mean that one-off feats are valid? Because that would make this an epic stomp for Thor.

Mindset
Ignoring the context that he has only used it on a hero that he knew could heal it in a short time. It's still a one-off feat.

Does this mean that one-off feats are valid? Because that would make this an epic stomp for Thor. I'm not sure you got why I quoted those posts.

If you did, I'm not sure why you quoted me.

quanchi112

Does this mean that one-off feats are valid? Because that would make this an epic stomp for Thor. You asked for an example and it was provided. Don't ask for examples if you are just going to disregard them what's the point in debating then ?

Silent Master
I'm not sure you got why I quoted those posts.

If you did, I'm not sure why you quoted me.

I did misread your post, but it did give me the chance to point out that he was ignoring the context of the example and that even then, it was a one-off.

So, some good came from my mistake.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.