Bart Allen Vs Nova

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31566/724986-bart_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/229/77385-193466-nova_large.jpg

Tazer
Yo.

interesting fight, but I think I'll give it to Rich.

Tazer

Sirius77
Personally I think that bart is very underrated. I'm going with him. Especially this version.

TricksterPriest
That's the adult Bart Allen.

He was literally personifying the speed force. Rich is immensely boned. durflash

MrMind
bart ftw

Slaanesh
Bart

celeyhyga17
Richie Rider

quanchi112
Nova wins.

celeyhyga17
Nova has too many options here. Bart won't have a big speed advantage. This is just a bad match up for Flash. (Bart)

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Nova has too many options here.
Bart won't have a big speed advantage.

............He's the embodiment of the Speed Force. no expression He IS speed personified.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
............He's the embodiment of the Speed Force. no expression He IS speed personified.

and....

TricksterPriest
That's not enough? blink

celeyhyga17
That's not enough? blink

Sigh...
let's make this simple. I'm not saying you can't convince me, but what will Bart do in order to KO Nova? let's start from there.

Tazer
Yo.

Nova has too many options here. Bart won't have a big speed advantage. This is just a bad match up for Flash. (Bart)

while Nova does fly very fast, he isnt a super-speedster by any means.........

Tazer

TricksterPriest
Sigh...
let's make this simple. I'm not saying you can't convince me, but what will Bart do in order to KO Nova? let's start from there. IMP. Speedsteal, fisticuffs barrage, given his speed, Rich can't react to him period.

dmills
@ Prep,

This is a strange match up.

IMP. Speedsteal, fisticuffs barrage, given his speed, Rich can't react to him period. Rich by himself couldn't. However, the WM can. It calculates/analyses things at quantum speeds and puts it directly into Richs' brain in real time.

@celey,
You have balls of steel. You sure you wanna get into this lol?

TricksterPriest
The Worldmind is not faster than the speedforce, or any non-jobbing Flash.

Surfer has blitzed him, Flash will be much much worse.

Galan007
Bart wins.

Also, lol @ Bart not having a big speed advantage. Nova might be able to fly pretty fast in a straight line through the vacuum of space, but battle speed in an arena type of setting (what will be needed here) is a completely different animal -- and Nova isn't touching Bart in that regard.

dmills
The Worldmind is not faster than the speedforce, or any non-jobbing Flash.

Surfer has blitzed him, Flash will be much much worse. Surfer *blitzed* him -if you want to call it that- whilst Nova had his attention elsewhere, but the WM knew exactly what happened. Any fast character could've done that. At any rate he dodged the second *blitz* no problem. Furthermore, in that same fight Nova turned on the jets and *blitzed* Norrin to his face.

TricksterPriest
Decent. But Flash is far faster.

dmills
Originally posted by Galan007
Bart wins.

Also, lol @ Bart not having a big speed advantage. Nova might be able to fly pretty fast in a straight line through the vacuum of space, but battle speed in an arena type of setting (what will be needed here) is a completely different animal -- and Nova isn't touching Bart in that regard. The only part of your post I object to is the straight line in space speed comment. That is factually incorrect. Nova is fast by ANY measure. Straight line, combat, reflexive or otherwise.

Also, if he can't hurt Nova and Nova can't touch him, what's the point exactly? What is this, a race?

Galan007
Originally posted by dmills
The only part of your post I object to is the straight line in space speed comment. That is factually incorrect. Nova is fast by ANY measure. Straight line, combat, reflexive or otherwise.

Also, if he can't hurt Nova and Nova can't touch him, what's the point exactly? What is this, a race? Sorry, should have been more specific -- that is when Nova travels the fastEST.

Why exactly would Bart be incapable of hurting Nova? That'd be like saying Barry or Wally couldn't hurt him...

dmills
Decent. But Flash is far faster. Hey man, no argument there. At least not from me. I'm just going by Flashs' rep. Speed is his shtick so I'd assume he's a helluva lot faster then Nova.

Celey reads DC so he'd know better then I would how fast Bart is in relation to Nova or the WM.

celeyhyga17
Bart wins.

Also, lol @ Bart not having a big speed advantage. Nova might be able to fly pretty fast in a straight line through the vacuum of space, but battle speed in an arena type of setting (what will be needed here) is a completely different animal -- and Nova isn't touching Bart in that regard.

I know you don't think he goes fast only in a straight line and battles only in a straight line.

Galan007
See my post above. I clarified.

Nova's travel speed is what he's mainly known for. Not saying his battle speed isn't decent, but Flash-level it is not.

celeyhyga17
Hey man, no argument there. At least not from me. I'm just going by Flashs' rep. Speed is his shtick so I'd assume he's a helluva lot faster then Nova.

Celey reads DC so he'd know better then I would how fast Bart is in relation to Nova or the WM.

haven't really followed Flash consistently in a long while.
If anything, I follow Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps in recent times.

celeyhyga17
See my post above. I clarified.

Nova's travel speed is what he's mainly known for. Not saying his battle speed isn't decent, but Flash-level it is not.

when he wants to, he can get ridiculously fast. if he knows he's going up against a speedster, I see him turning up the jets. he was moving at super luminal speeds while busting up Kree Sentries during Annihilation Conquest. he was going so fast they had to use teleport calculations with "rapid reaction positioning" just so they can catch up to him.

Prep-Man
I think Bart still reacts faster. Didn't he evade Zoom?

TricksterPriest
Bart bitched Zoom. He was FASTER. shock And Flash (any) has the ability to perceive things to the attosecond.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/6440781/20.jpg.html

Galan007
when he wants to, he can get ridiculously fast. if he knows he's going up against a speedster, I see him turning up the jets. he was moving at super luminal speeds while busting up Kree Sentries during Annihilation Conquest. he was going so fast they had to use teleport calculations with "rapid reaction positioning" just so they can catch up to him. I know the scene... Nova was still flying through space, mainly in a straight line (he was definitely flying in a straight line when the superluminal comment was made.)

Are there any instances where Nova has actually maintained a battle at super speeds... While not in space?

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Didn't he evade Zoom? He did.

Didn't help that Zoom fought like a complete idiot, though. At any rate, Zoom, on average, is still FAR faster -- a single moment of PIS/CIS isn't enough to say otherwise.

BlackZero30x
this version of Bart/Flash has the entire speed force absorbed into himself

celeyhyga17
he wasnt destroying them in a straight line. the fact that they had to use some crazy teleport calcs and sent out 100 sentries instead of groups of 8 shows he never really slowed down. He was 8 A.U. away then he was basically on top of the planet while destroying another small group a few panels later means he was going at them fast and hard.

Galan007
^ For the most part he was traveling in a straight line. He bobbed and weaved a little when he blasted through the group of Sentries, but that's about all. It certainly wasn't battle speed in the sense I keep reiterating.

...And I noticed that you opted not to answer whether or not Nova has actually maintained a battle at super-speeds, while not in space wink stick out tongue

Mindset
I know the scene... Nova was still flying through space, mainly in a straight line (he was definitely flying in a straight line when the superluminal comment was made.)

Are there any instances where Nova has actually maintained a battle at super speeds... While not in space?

He did.

Didn't help that Zoom fought like a complete idiot, though. At any rate, Zoom, on average, is still FAR faster -- a single moment of PIS/CIS isn't enough to say otherwise. Bart had absorbed the entire speed force, his speed should be pretty limitless, like Zoom's.

Galan007
Very true. thumb up

I forgot Bart had absorbed the SF prior to fighting Zoom.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Mindset
Bart had absorbed the entire speed force, his speed should be pretty limitless, like Zoom's.

my point exactly

celeyhyga17
^ For the most part he was traveling in a straight line. He bobbed and weaved a little when he blasted through the group of Sentries, but that's about all. It certainly wasn't battle speed in the sense I keep reiterating.

...And I noticed that you opted not to answer whether or not Nova has actually maintained a battle at super-speeds, while not in space wink stick out tongue

how is that not fast?? Phalanx had to use some crazy computations to kinda predict where he might be just to be able to tag him. Him using speed in space doesnt mean he cant go fast planet side..

TricksterPriest
You have to consider that Bart IS the speed force. There is nothing you can post that will put Rich over any Flash in speed, let alone Bart.

celeyhyga17
If that's the case, we're lookin at a stalemate..

Mindset
No stalemate, Bart wins.

celeyhyga17
He's gonna beat him how?? While he's in air??

Prep-Man
maybe he can steal his speed and make him into a statue like what he did to the other speedster. he doesnt need to touch him either.

celeyhyga17
Or nova fuks his gravity up and makes him weigh as much as the Hoover Dam..

:-D

Prep-Man
he would still be able to perrform speed tricks.

She-Ra-La
Flash's can run in air and in space.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by She-Ra-La
Flash's can run in air and in space.

U trying to tell me a Flash can go as fast in air as if he had something to run on??

She-Ra-La
U trying to tell me a Flash can go as fast in air as if he had something to run on?? The Speed force needs nothing to run on.

dmills
Nova can steal mess with gravity.

Prep-Man
yeah, both wally and barry can run on air. as ridiculous as that sounds.

She-Ra-La
Or nova fuks his gravity up and makes him weigh as much as the Hoover Dam..

:-D Like that's gonna mess with a Flash. These guys can run while having INFINITE MASS. Gravity powers mean nothing to them in the grand scope of things.

celeyhyga17
Erm... i gotta get home so i can back up my statemetns with some actual shiet..

SasuOna
Because being massively FTL means your not hampered by gravity so Nova's regular grav tricks really won't work.

dmills
So he can run on air, can't be hit and isn't effected by the laws of physics? How does he ever lose a fight?

Mindset
He's gonna beat him how?? While he's in air?? Does the fight start while he's in the air?

I like Rich, he loses this fight, though.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by She-Ra-La
The Speed force needs nothing to run on.

Maybe... But I'm betting he won't be as effective.

Parallax possesed Barry...
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Miscelaneous/GreenLanternv46002.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Miscelaneous/GreenLanternv46004.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Miscelaneous/GreenLanternv46006.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Miscelaneous/GreenLanternv46007.jpg

btw, I don't think they reach infinite mass themselves. Their speed gives them a facsimile of the force of something that has incredible mass. if they have any form of mass, Nova Prime should be able to mess with their gravity.

Nova Prime and his trainees practice various abilities. Just to give an idea, these trainees prolly have 1/10000 or even less of Richie's power.

Makes you weigh as much as the Hoover Dam.
http://img38.imageshack.us/f/nova19zonemeganpg07.jpg/

Inverts your gravity.
http://img80.imageshack.us/f/nova19zonemeganpg08.jpg/
http://img46.imageshack.us/i/nova19zonemeganpg09.jpg/

Mindset
What were the Barry scans supposed to show?

TricksterPriest
What happens after he says "The Speed Force" ?

Uriel005
So he can run on air, can't be hit and isn't effected by the laws of physics? How does he ever lose a fight? CIS off he should never lose to anything lower than elder god/abstract because a flash that can speed force barrier break is moving at the absolute limit of speed with nothing coming close to comparing and Bart is the source of the Speed force. I would go so far as to call him a God considering he technically has a domain that he rules all to himself. Also if he can't be hit by anything because he is moving at the absolute limit of what anything in the universe is capable of moving then he has as much time as he needs to speed steal somebody until even their thoughts have completely stopped. If that isn't power then I don't know what is.

Mindset
Originally posted by Uriel005
CIS off he should never lose to anything lower than elder god/abstract because a flash that can speed force barrier break is moving at the absolute limit of speed with nothing coming close to comparing and Bart is the source of the Speed force. I would go so far as to call him a God considering he technically has a domain that he rules all to himself. Also if he can't be hit by anything because he is moving at the absolute limit of what anything in the universe is capable of moving then he has as much time as he needs to speed steal somebody until even their thoughts have completely stopped. If that isn't power then I don't know what is. Come on...

Uriel005
Come on... Doesn't change the fact that it's true. If you're moving as fast as it's possible to go with nothing else coming close to your speed and you can speed steal to the point that the neurons in someones brain isn't firing or the energy/consciousness floating around can no longer perceive anything how can you beat that. TP is useless because as soon as the feel a tingling in their mind CIS off he could break the speed barrier and literally search the universe for the point of origin before it ever fully takes effect if not outright think so fast that it drives the TP user insane by bombarding him with sensory information.

Mindset
I didn't even read past the part where you said only an Elder God or above could beat him.

There's really no point to.

Naija boy
Hoohaahaa. Flash is God....haaahhhaa, that's a funny one.

Uriel005
I didn't even read past the part where you said only an Elder God or above could beat him.

There's really no point to. explain how you would beat someone you can't catch. ever.... and who can literally slow you down to the point that you cease to perceive the universe because whatever process that makes up your consciousness has just stopped.

Mindset
Hmmm, idk, stop time.

You really think Flash can manipulate the kinetic energy of a skyfather? erm

Uriel005
Hmmm, idk, stop time.

You really think Flash can manipulate the kinetic energy of a skyfather? erm don't see why not considering speed force is essentially dominant to all things dealing with velocity.

Mindset
OK.

I really don't care to argue this, I'll let Rage drop a thousand scans on your head.

Uriel005
OK.

I really don't care to argue this, I'll let Rage drop a thousand scans on your head. I have my umbrella.

celeyhyga17
What were the Barry scans supposed to show?

some were saying that IF ?the Flashes run on air?, they are still just as effective or as fast... I'm just trying to show, that may not be the case.

Hal - "let's get you somewhere you can't run"

Mindset
How do the scans show that?

Because of what Hal said?

Oh, ok.

celeyhyga17
How do the scans show that?

Because of what Hal said?

Oh, ok.

you did see that when they were both on the ground, Flash was all over him. when that was taken away, Hal actually gave him pause.
it was pretty clear to me.

Mindset
you did see that when they were both on the ground, Flash was all over him. when that was taken away, Hal actually gave him pause.
it was pretty clear to me. Once they got in the air he didn't try to fight.

Sirius77
Bart has too many options. Speed steal, sf dump, rapid punch barrage, imp, etc...

It has been stated in Bart's run as Flash at least once or twice that he is faster than all of his predecessors put together. Even before he absorbed the speedforce he was leaving Wally's accomplishments at that age in the dust.

Rich isn't going to stop Bart with garv manip or anything like that. In fact, Rich will basically be a statue. In this form, Bart is the speedforce. As ridiculous as Wally has been throughout his entire career, he has never absorbed the entire speedforce. Not when he outran intergalactic teleportation, not when he speed stole an entire planet, not even when he fought zoom iirc... Bart was heads above all of them, and I find it funny that he's still underestimated. Bart wins this. Like I said before.

celeyhyga17
he does. Flash/Parallax breaks the construct. They both start plummeting down with Flash on top, Hal makes another construct and tags him while both were in mid air, then Flash/Parallax runs on the shattered pieces of the construct, gets on top of GL again, they plummet again while encased in a missile shaped construct, then they hit ground level. Krona interrupts the fight after.

Mindset
Why did you not post the scans of them actually fighting in the air, that would be more relevant.

celeyhyga17
too much to post. you scan whores... lol.. j/k
it's a lot of work... plus this laptop im on is my old crappy one. effin slow as hell..
the point i was trying to get across was that a Flash can lose a lot of effectiveness while not on ground level.

dmills
Out of curiosity who has Bart actually ko'ed? I doubt Rich goes down to a rapid punch barrage, who has Bart affected in such a way that it'll KO someone with Richs' durability? Nova is basically a living conduit for the nova force and will constantly have his energy replenished, so I'm gonna doubt a speed steal will be that easy.

Galan007
how is that not fast?? Phalanx had to use some crazy computations to kinda predict where he might be just to be able to tag him. Him using speed in space doesnt mean he cant go fast planet side.. You misunderstand. I never said Nova isn't fast.

However, you seem to be confused about the VAST difference between flying in a straight line through the vacuum of space (which Nova is good at), and the FTL zig-zag type of battle speed -on a planet- that Flash excels at.

They are two completely different types of speed.
Nova can steal mess with gravity. Assuming Flash just stands there and allows the gravity blast to hit him..? Come on.

Flash can perceive and react by the attosecond (one quintillionth of a second; one thousandth of a femtosecond.) He isn't getting touched if he doesn't want to.

Naija boy
Bart wins

dmills
Did the op clarify if this was in fact the incarnate speed force guy, or are you all assuming it is?

You misunderstand. I never said Nova isn't fast.

However, you seem to be confused about the VAST difference between flying in a straight line through the vacuum of space (which Nova is good at), and the FTL zig-zag type of battle speed -on a planet- that Flash excels at.

Assuming Flash just stands there and allows the gravity blast to hit him..? Come on.

Flash can perceive and react by the attosecond (one quintillionth of a second; one thousandth of a femtosecond.) He isn't getting touched if he doesn't want to.

I have scans of him fighting at super speed on a planet or in an enclosed space, but not ftl. He only does that in space -for obvious reasons-.

Now I assume that you're only asking *if* he can do it. Your not going to pull the ol' kmc bait and switch if I post the scans are you? If so I won't waste my time.

Galan007
I have scans of him fighting at super speed on a planet or in an enclosed space, but not ftl. He only does that in space -for obvious reasons-. I assume that you're only asking *if* he can do it. Your not going to pull the ol' kmc bait and switch right? My only question is IF Nova can maintain a battle -on a planet- at speeds around, or greater than, light speed.

Flying really fast in a straight line through space just doesn't cut it.

dmills
My only question is IF Nova can maintain a battle -on a planet- at speeds around, or greater than, light speed.

Flying really fast in a straight line through space just doesn't cut it. As I said, I have scans of him moving, fighting, reacting, etc at high speed, but nothing that says "OMG he's moving at light speed or even sub-light speed within a planets' atmosphere!" Nova can manipulate forces associated with gravity, inertia etc, but he's still subject to the laws of physics :-)

Galan007
but he's still subject to the laws of physics :-) Bart -actually, the speed force in general- shits on that kind of stuff. wink

Tha C-Master
It's a walking plot device.

celeyhyga17
You misunderstand. I never said Nova isn't fast.

Assuming Flash just stands there and allows the gravity blast to hit him..? Come on.

Ok.. still not showing me how he's gonna tag Nova way up in the air? Plus you think he must have been going as slow as molasses for the Phalanx to have the need to use fancy calculations just to predict his movements. they were teleporting sentries just to tag him.

Sirius77
Out of curiosity who has Bart actually ko'ed? I doubt Rich goes down to a rapid punch barrage, who has Bart affected in such a way that it'll KO someone with Richs' durability? Nova is basically a living conduit for the nova force and will constantly have his energy replenished, so I'm gonna doubt a speed steal will be that easy.

Zoom for one. He drew blood from Prime and made him run away again. So yeah he'll be able to KO nova definitely. Also in his fight with zoom, they were moving so fast that they both started vibrating through everything, even each other. At one point, Bart was moving so fast that zoom lost track of him. Most would call it PIS but keep in mind, it took the absorption of the entire speed force for Bart to do this.

Also flashes aren't that easy to KO either. It took a "white dwarf star punch" to KO professor zoom. The speed force provides ridiculous protection for them, it's a hax.

The speed steal will work quite easily imo. Nova is drawing from the nova force, but Bart is literally his own dimension in this form. He is the speed force. Wally as a speed force user was able to drain the planet of it's speed on the fly in JLA. Bart has absorbed the entire speed force. He can and will drain nova. Also keep in mind that the majority of battles between high end speed force users last between nanoseconds and picoseconds in pretty much any instance that the timeframes are given, and like Galan said, some can think in femtoseconds and even attoseconds. This is referring to Wally, who has never absorbed the entire speed force. Bart has in this thread.

Galan007
Plus you think he must have been going as slow as molasses for the Phalanx to have the need to use fancy calculations just to predict his movements. they were teleporting sentries just to tag him. Let's try this again...

Nova was flying through space in a straight line at the time. It was definitely an impressive feat, I'm not trying to take anything away from it. But the fact is, it simply isn't the kind of speed he'd be able to use/need here. I literally can't be any clearer then that.

CosmicComet
Going in a straight line is fine.

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line anyway.

What matters is acceleration. How fast does Nova go from 0 to Max speed? (not that it matters, he still loses in speed here)

celeyhyga17
Let's try this again...

Nova was flying through space in a straight line at the time. It was definitely an impressive feat, I'm not trying to take anything away from it. But the fact is, it simply isn't the kind of speed he'd be able to use/need here. I literally can't be any clearer then that.

lets try this again. how is Nova gonna get hit in the air? you're bringing up ure points I understand, but you still haven't commented on this.

Prep-Man
weve already told you many times that flash can run on air and even speed drain which he doesnt even need to touch anyone.

Galan007
lets try this again. how is Nova gonna get hit in the air? you're bringing up ure points I understand, but you still haven't commented on this. I haven't commented on it because it's a moot point.

Nova simply wouldn't have time to take to the air, before speed-God Bart spanked that ass... And even if he did it wouldn't change anything.

celeyhyga17
I haven't commented on it because it's a moot point.

Nova simply wouldn't have time to take to the air, before speed-God Bart spanked that ass... And even if he did it wouldn't change anything.

battlefield rules say they are .5 km within line of sight of each other.
NP is not dumb especially with WM. he aint gonna be ground level knowing he's going up against a speedster. shields up, goes up higher in air, bart weighs like the Hoover Dam or Nova takes him up in the air to get KO'd.

oh btw, this chic gets made a centurion just a few panels before. she blitzes Phalanx sooo fast they dont even know wut hit them. thats impressive considering she isnt even Nova Prime level and the Phalanx are not ure ordinary dumb cyborgs. a centurion has like 1/1000 (im being generous here) of Nova Prime's power. I dont know why people keep underestimating Nova's combat speed.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Nova_5_0004.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Nova_5_0005.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Nova_5_0007.jpg

just to reiterate my points earlier... I dont think he's going only in a sraight bee line...
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Nova_v4_4_0009.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Nova_v4_4_0015.jpg

Mindset
.5km to someone with Zoom level speed may as well be 5 inches away.

celeyhyga17
what if he's .5 km in the air? battlefield rules say they have to start .5 km within line of sight from each other.
theres nothing in the battlefield rules that say they have to stay both on ground.

Omega Vision
what if he's .5 km in the air? battlefield rules say they have to start .5 km within line of sight from each other.
theres nothing in the battlefield rules that say they have to stay both on ground.
Why would Nova start in the air? Unless he's someone who naturally floats. I think they'd start in their natural state, which would be standing on solid ground for Nova.

Mindset
theres nothing in the battlefield rules that say they have to stay both on ground. Fight starts with Rich in lava.

There's nothing that says he doesn't.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Why would Nova start in the air? Unless he's someone who naturally floats. I think they'd start in their natural state, which would be standing on solid ground for Nova.

he usually is.

Omega Vision
he usually is.
Is he now?

Unless he spends all his time floating the natural thing would be for him to start on the ground. Or as Mindset pointed out, in lava. stick out tongue

Galan007
laughing out loud

In all my years on KMC, I can honestly say that I've never seen this level of digging. It's actually kind of sad.

Prep-Man
either way, flash has the means to affect him. in the air or on the ground.

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

In all my years on KMC, I can honestly say that I've never seen this level of digging. It's actually kind of sad.

Oh u mean like Weaponer having a good chance of beating Surfer?

wink

TricksterPriest
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bart as Impulse figure out how to fly? I know he didn't use it as the adult Flash, but it's the same guy.

Also, the picture used is the adult Bart whilst incarnating the speed force, so that's why we're talking about him. Blame the OP. stick out tongue

Celey: When Galan was talking about Attoseconds....that was Barry. He's not even the fastest Flash. no expression Wally and Bart are both faster. And even Barry would move faster than Nova can react.

There is no one in the MU who is equal to the Flash in speed under abstract. Hell, Flash has outraced instant teleportation.

celeyhyga17

Concerning the Battlefield
Unless otherwise stated by the thread originator, the standard distance between combatants will be .5 kilometers in line of sight at the onset of battle, and there will be an implied "buzz" to signify the onset of battle. It will be assumed combatants are primed to go at the gun.

Also, all characters, regardless of where the fight takes place, or what universe/medium they are native to, will have full access to their abilities at optimum efficiency as they are depicted in their native universes. It will be assumed that each character fights as they are normally presented regardless of battle locale. This means that, for example, Flash will in fact have SpeedForce abilities if the battle took place in Marvel Manhattan. Battles will always take place on an assumed equal playing field.

"equal playing field"

where did you get this "natural state" thing?

celeyhyga17
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bart as Impulse figure out how to fly? I know he didn't use it as the adult Flash, but it's the same guy.

Also, the picture used is the adult Bart whilst incarnating the speed force, so that's why we're talking about him. Blame the OP. stick out tongue

Celey: When Galan was talking about Attoseconds....that was Barry. He's not even the fastest Flash. no expression Wally and Bart are both faster. And even Barry would move faster than Nova can react.

There is no one in the MU who is equal to the Flash in speed under abstract. Hell, Flash has outraced instant teleportation.

ure telling me something I already know.

Omega Vision
Concerning the Battlefield
Unless otherwise stated by the thread originator, the standard distance between combatants will be .5 kilometers in line of sight at the onset of battle, and there will be an implied "buzz" to signify the onset of battle. It will be assumed combatants are primed to go at the gun.

Also, all characters, regardless of where the fight takes place, or what universe/medium they are native to, will have full access to their abilities at optimum efficiency as they are depicted in their native universes. It will be assumed that each character fights as they are normally presented regardless of battle locale. This means that, for example, Flash will in fact have SpeedForce abilities if the battle took place in Marvel Manhattan. Battles will always take place on an assumed equal playing field.

"equal playing field"

where did you get this "natural state" thing?
The same place you got your "Nova starts out flying" from.

carver9

Flash was amped by every being on the planet when he outranned instant teleportation. Stop over hyping feats.

celeyhyga17
The same place you got your "Nova starts out flying" from.

err... right.....

carver9
ure telling me something I already know.

He lied about some of it.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
He lied about some of it.

im talking about his attosecond comment. ive read some of his posts.
like defending a position he has not even a clue about.

-Pr-
Flash was amped by every being on the planet when he outranned instant teleportation. Stop over hyping feats.

I hope you're not talking about the Rann incident...

Prep-Man
Originally posted by TricksterPriest Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bart as Impulse figure out how to fly? I know he didn't use it as the adult Flash, but it's the same guy. Also, the picture used is the adult Bart whilst incarnating the speed force, so that's why we're talking about him. Blame the OP. stick out tongue Celey: When Galan was talking about Attoseconds....that was Barry. He's not even the fastest Flash. no expression Wally and Bart are both faster. And even Barry would move faster than Nova can react. There is no one in the MU who is equal to the Flash in speed under abstract. Hell, Flash has outraced instant teleportation.

i think pc barry is more formidable.

TricksterPriest
Given that he overloaded AM's anti-matter canon, that's possible. But Flash is one of the few characters who actually got stronger post-crisis.

Uriel005
Flash was amped by every being on the planet when he outranned instant teleportation. Stop over hyping feats. What about absolute limit of speed are you not getting. Instant Teleport is still slower than speed force break.

Galan007
Oh u mean like Weaponer having a good chance of beating Surfer?

wink If both are fighting 'in character', Weaponer taking 3-4/10 wins isn't really digging, but that's neither here nor there. However, it makes me realize just how desperate you must be getting when you start bringing up other, non-related, debates.

thumb up

im talking about his attosecond comment. ive read some of his posts.
like defending a position he has not even a clue about. ??

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/3238/flashreaction.th.jpg

celeyhyga17
If both are fighting 'in character', Weaponer taking 3-4/10 wins isn't really digging, but that's neither here nor there. However, it makes me realize just how desperate you must be getting when you start bringing up other, non-related, debates.

thumb up

??

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/3238/flashreaction.th.jpg

thats something i pulled out of the Galan book btw. u referenced a non related debate in a recent thread..
:-D

Why are u showing a scan i alrwady know.. ? Im not refering to that..

dmills
So is this "speed force" Bart? Any day now prep.

john allerdyce
lmfao

everyone else: "bart wins"
celeyhyga17: "nuh uh, nova is just as fast"
everyone else: "novas got no planetary battle speed feats on par with bart"
celeyhyga17: "well ummm did i mention hes got gravity blasts?"
everyone else: "blasts dont matter to a guy who moves in between the tick of a second"
celeyhyga17: "ehhh did i mention nova starts off in the air? so bart cant hit him"
everyone else: "stop being an idiot. nova gets pwned"
celeyhyga17: "nope. he starts in the air so bart cant do anything"
everyone else: "you realize speedsters CAN move through the air right?"
celeyhyga17: "....you guys are STOOPID!!"

keep up the comedy fellas. cool

celeyhyga17
Damn all u Flash is god bastiches.. Is it just me or is Flash skyfather level in the forums...?
If I see another Flash is unbeatable thread I think I'm gonna lose my mind..

:-P

carver9
Originally posted by Uriel005
What about absolute limit of speed are you not getting. Instant Teleport is still slower than speed force break.

He was amped. During the beginning he was losing... he amped himself to insane levels to accomplish that feat. He will not get that chance to amp here to that level since there isn't an Earth amount of people and super human for him to amp from.

Off topic, I'm glad people finally realize the difference between flying through space at light speed vs actually doing it in a gravitational environment...2 different things if you ask me and it holds no weight that the person can keep up with a true light speedster on a battlefield within an gravitational planet.

As for the fight, my money is on Flash but Nova can pull some wins if he plays his card right.

carver9
This is about to be a dumb a** question but I know what a pico second is, nano second, etc, etc... but what in the hell is a atto second? How fast is that?

Black bolt z
This is about to be a dumb a** question but I know what a pico second is, nano second, etc, etc... but what in the hell is a atto second? How fast is that? No idea.

But flash is the only character I know of with nano second feats. And Zoom obviously.

carver9
Originally posted by Black bolt z
No idea.

But flash is the only character I know of with nano second feats. And Zoom obviously.

Naah, it depends on how you look at it. A lot of people have nano second feats but its kind of different than how the Flashes us their speed. Like flash can live and build puzzles and communicate, fight, within less than a nano second whereas you have other people just throwing a punching or throwing an object within a nano second.

Its not impressive or as impressive as flashes nano second feat and imo doesn't prove that that person can actually combat in a nano second time period like the flash. So overall, yes, you are correct but a lot of people have been stated at least once as doing SOMETHING within a nano second (Superman, Surfer, Gladiator, Thor, and Hyperion) but its not on the level of flash nanosecond feats.

Black bolt z
Naah, it depends on how you look at it. A lot of people have nano second feats but its kind of different than how the Flashes us their speed. Like flash can live and build puzzles and communicate, fight, within less than a nano second whereas you have other people just throwing a punching or throwing an object within a nano second.

Its not impressive or as impressive as flashes nano second feat and imo doesn't prove that that person can actually combat in a nano second time period like the flash. So overall, yes, you are correct but a lot of people have been stated at least once as doing SOMETHING within a nano second (Superman, Surfer, Gladiator, Thor, and Hyperion) but its not on the level of flash nanosecond feats. Carver...one nanosecond is one billionth of a second.

One nanosecond is to one second as one second is to 31.7 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanosecond

Lots of people do not have them.

Badabing

Its not impressive or as impressive as flashes nano second feat and imo doesn't prove that that person can actually combat in a nano second time period like the flash. So overall, yes, you are correct but a lot of people have been stated at least once as doing SOMETHING within a nano second (Superman, Surfer, Gladiator, Thor, and Hyperion) but its not on the level of flash nanosecond feats. dur

carver9
Carver...one nanosecond is one billionth of a second.

One nanosecond is to one second as one second is to 31.7 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanosecond

Lots of people do not have them.

I just named numerous of people that have nano second feats.

Black bolt z
I just named numerous of people that have nano second feats. Show me any of them having nanosecond feats. Please.

Omega Vision
I just named numerous of people that have nano second feats.
I think its been established you have no clue what a nano second really is.

Badabing
I just named numerous of people that have nano second feats. dur

Black bolt z
Your just on a dur spree aren't you?

Badabing
Your just on a dur spree aren't you? Yes. It's been a while. durslide

stick out tongue

carver9
I think its been established you have no clue what a nano second really is.

Ok, since I know that was on your chest and you got the insults out of the way... since I am unaware of what a nano second is, do you have anything to put in on our discussion?

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
dur

Lol... what was that for Bada?

laughing

Badabing
Lol... what was that for Bada?

laughing I haven't had a good dur rampage in a while. stick out tongue

carver9
I haven't had a good dur rampage in a while. stick out tongue

laughing

Somebody help us. Today is going to be one of those days.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Personally, I'd favor Nova.

Badabing
laughing

Somebody help us. Today is going to be one of those days. duryes

dmills
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Personally, I'd favor Nova. The phucking end is nigh stick out tongue

dmills
Double post

dmills
Triple post. The phuck's going on here?

celeyhyga17

U sure u wanna say that?? You're about to get bombarded by "ure dumb because Flash wins everytime"... It don't matter even if u give even the slightest of advantages.

dmills
U sure u wanna say that?? You're about to get bombarded by "ure dumb because Flash wins everytime"... It don't matter even if u give even the slightest of advantages. I warned you man lol!

Rage.Of.Olympus
I retract my statement. Bart wins.

carver9
duryes

laughing

dmills
I retract my statement. Bart wins. laughing

celeyhyga17
I retract my statement. Bart wins.

Smart move..

@dmills
Sometimes I like to go against the grain.
Even when I know peeps get so butthurt when it comes to defending Flash.. I especially like the ones who get nasty on their posts.. Dunno why.... ^_~

Philosophía
It's called trolling.

celeyhyga17
Case in point....

Prep-Man

Not a Bart fan?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Not a Bart fan?

Uncle Wally