DC magic team vs Marvel magic team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrMind
team dc:
dr fate
zatanna
Morgaine Le Fey
black alice
enchantress
circe
raven
merlin

team marvel:
dr strange
enchantress
loki
dr doom
baron mordo
scarlet witch
wiccan
Morgan Le Fay
brother voodoo

1st battle: current version for all (or their level before they were dead)
2nd battle: dr strange and dr fate at their peak level (so yes classic strange vs pre-crisis fate)

Lord_Talron
black alice solos

iceman24567
Black Alice is a cheat

Q99
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
black alice solos

She can't quite solo- two steals is her limit, plus there's a time limit.

She can hamstring the other team and grant hers the win, though, even with the enemy having an extra person.

Yank Loki and Strange (or SW if she's in her most uber form), and her teammates will really have an edge.

Lord_Talron
yea shes really lame in any forum fight <_>

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Q99
She can't quite solo- two steals is her limit, plus there's a time limit.

She can hamstring the other team and grant hers the win, though, even with the enemy having an extra person.

Yank Loki and Strange (or SW if she's in her most uber form), and her teammates will really have an edge. she doesnt have to use someone shown here i think. her powers stretch very far

Q99
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
she doesnt have to use someone shown here i think. her powers stretch very far

I think she's better off yanking those present, though. The only ones at a distance that would be significantly more powerful, also won't last very long, and if she yanks from the other team she not only boosts herself but removes the enemy's strongest from consideration.

Lord_Talron
one of the vishanti?

Solidus Black
DC wins for the aforementioned reasons.

Black Alice

Prep-Man
If it's a Black Alice who isn't crazy in the mind, she gives team 1 the win.

wouldnt the most current version of the scarlet witch still be an omniversal warper? BA might take her chaos magic, but not her mutant power, which would still make it a stomp in favour of team marvel.

Konton
We don't know anything about Wanda yet. We know she's alive, but not if she retained her powers or not.

she certainly retained them as she was unconsciously warping the house she slept with clint in. her level is a different story, but without anything else to go by, I think we should just go with the last time she used her powers.

Prep-Man
I doubt she is at her multiversal levels. They usually power them down.

Q99
Isn't her reality warping more from her magic than her mutant powers? Or, at least, a combination of the two?

MrMind
I thought it's chaos magic.

Konton
IIRC they thought it was Chaos magic but then it was retconned to being reality warping... but then I think Dr. Strange said it was Chaos magic after that or something... or maybe he said Chaos magic never existed? I don't remember but it was stupid.

Q99
Originally posted by Konton
IIRC they thought it was Chaos magic but then it was retconned to being reality warping... but then I think Dr. Strange said it was Chaos magic after that or something... or maybe he said Chaos magic never existed? I don't remember but it was stupid.

Reality warping is an effect that can be done via different means, including magic.

Mindset
IIRC they thought it was Chaos magic but then it was retconned to being reality warping... but then I think Dr. Strange said it was Chaos magic after that or something... or maybe he said Chaos magic never existed? I don't remember but it was stupid. laughing out loud

Konton
Originally posted by Q99
Reality warping is an effect that can be done via different means, including magic.

Well, to an extent - yeah. But one of the (many convoluted) plot points in HoM was that Wanda's powers weren't what they thought they were and she had actually just been a reality warper the whole time.

Prep-Man
Seems Marvel doesn't know what to do with Wanda.

Rage.Of.Olympus

It's mind boggling that people actually consider Bendis to be a great Avengers writer.

Prep-Man
Sooooo, what levels are Wanda at now?

tkitna
No more Black Alice

Prep-Man
No more Black Alice what?

tkitna
Thats what Wanda would say FTW

Prep-Man
Or Zatanna could reverse that.

Endless Mike
DC Merlin's Opener powers are a major factor here

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Endless Mike
DC Merlin's Opener powers are a major factor here

?? Please explain.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by MrMind
team dc:
dr fate
zatanna
Morgaine Le Fey
black alice
enchantress
circe
raven
merlin

team marvel:
dr strange
enchantress
loki
dr doom
baron mordo
scarlet witch
wiccan
Morgan Le Fay
brother voodoo

1st battle: current version for all (or their level before they were dead)
2nd battle: dr strange and dr fate at their peak level (so yes classic strange vs pre-crisis fate)

Anyway, for best matchups...

Dr. Strange = Dr. Fate (Depending on which Fate, of course)
Raven> Wiccan
Merlin>Dr. Doom
Zatanna> Scarlet Witch (Assuming this isn't HOM Wanda)
Circe> Loki
Morgan = Morgan
Black Alice> Brother Voodoo (Or pretty much anyone on either side)
Enchantress> Enchantress (Marvel's Enchantress is greater than DC's)

Overall, DC for a solid majority.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Prep-Man
?? Please explain.

In Books of Magic (yes, it's canon), it's explained that Merlin was an "Opener", who has the ability to create universes at will

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Anyway, for best matchups...

Dr. Strange = Dr. Fate (Depending on which Fate, of course)
Raven> Wiccan
Merlin>Dr. Doom
Zatanna> Scarlet Witch (Assuming this isn't HOM Wanda)
Circe> Loki
Morgan = Morgan
Black Alice> Brother Voodoo (Or pretty much anyone on either side)
Enchantress> Enchantress (Marvel's Enchantress is greater than DC's)

Overall, DC for a solid majority.

thumb up

Just the part with Enchantress confuses me. I though you said Marvels is greater.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
thumb up

Just the part with Enchantress confuses me. I though you said Marvels is greater.

I think Marvel's Enchantress is greater. DC's is a formidable mage, but not as powerful or as experienced as the MU. JMO.

BattleMage
Is this Marquis of Death doom?

iceman24567
Originally posted by BattleMage
Is this Marquis of Death doom? Does it even matter it wasn't a huge upgrade anyways

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.