Hulk with flight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
If Hulk had the ability to fly, do you think he could pull planets?

Black bolt z
facepalm

Omega Vision
Lobo doesn't need flight to pull Stellar Masses. But then he's Lobo.

Starscream M
honestly, pulling planets is a ridiculously stupid feat written by writers who have no idea the power necessary to do so.

no one below galactus level should have any shot of pulling any planet

carver9
Originally posted by Starscream M
honestly, pulling planets is a ridiculously stupid feat written by writers who have no idea the power necessary to do so.

I agree with this 100%.

Black bolt z

no one below galactus level should have any shot of pulling any planet Considering heralds consistently fly near or into Black holes, and the gravity in a black hole is so much greater then that out star that its not even funny, means its not that far-fetched for heralds to move planets.

But I still stand by the notion that things like Black Holes get downplayed. I mean surfer is knocked on his ass by rhino(even though it did no real damage) but he doesn't even feel strain flying through a Black Hole bigger then galactus?

Or superman holding a black hole. I mean even a mini one should be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more then many things he has been hurt by.

Omega Vision

no one below galactus level should have any shot of pulling any planet Originally posted by carver9
I agree with this 100%.
Sounds like an incredibly arbitrary way of viewing comics. If you don't like characters pulling planets then you chose the wrong medium.

If you object on a "scientific" basis then the biggest problem isn't the power requirement so much as planets aren't cohesive enough to be pushed or pulled the way its depicted in comics. If you tried pushing the Earth the force would just break it rather than moving it smoothly.

But once more, its comics.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Considering heralds consistently fly near or into Black holes, and the gravity in a black hole is so much greater then that out star that its not even funny, means its not that far-fetched for heralds to move planets.

But I still stand by the notion that things like Black Holes get downplayed. I mean surfer is knocked on his ass by rhino(even though it did no real damage) but he doesn't even feel strain flying through a Black Hole bigger then galactus?

Or superman holding a black hole. I mean even a mini one should be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more then many things he has been hurt by. blackholes are also severely underwritten

its almost a joke

as you said, the power it takes to resist the force of a black hole is astronomical, far beyond that of any heralds

Lord_Talron
yea blackholes are totally sold short

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by carver9
If Hulk had the ability to fly, do you think he could pull planets? Yes. Look at how big Hulk is. Now imagine him with the ability to fly.

Superb

CosmicComet
Is a Herald flying through a blackhole PIS?

Or is the same Herald being hurt--no matter how little--by a building wrecker(or rather ANYONE below Skyfather) like Rhino PIS?

Which do you discard?

Starscream M
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Is a Herald flying through a blackhole PIS?

Or is the same Herald being hurt (no matter how little) by a building wrecker(or rather ANYONE below Skyfather) like Rhino PIS?

Which do you discard? this is the whole point Omega Vision missed

its not that someone surviving a blackhole or pulling a planet is BS, but the inconsistency that is bs

if you survive a blackhole, than you should be able to take hits from other heralds like pillows

if you can pull a planet, then you should be able to lift mountains with your pinky

consistency, or lack thereof is what makes those feats bogus imo

carver9
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Yes. Look at how big Hulk is. Now imagine him with the ability to fly.

Superb

rolling on floor laughing

Black bolt z
this is the whole point Omega Vision missed

its not that someone surviving a blackhole or pulling a planet is BS, but the inconsistency that is bs

if you survive a blackhole, than you should be able to take hits from other heralds like pillows

if you can pull a planet, then you should be able to lift mountains with your pinky

consistency, or lack thereof is what makes those feats bogus imo And because they don't consistently take shots from heralds like pillows then its just due to the fact that Writers don't know jack shit about what they are writing about.

At least with people like thanos the writers make natural elements to their full extent.

Like when surfer created black holes thanos didn't want to go near them for fear of damage. Thanos was also killed by anti-matter. This is what should happen by either of these to any herald.

Badabing
If Hulk had the ability to fly, do you think he could pull planets? mmm

He may be able to pull 1/3 a planet's weight.

CosmicComet
anyway, breaking planets is far more fun/impressive.

carver9
anyway, breaking planets is far more fun/impressive.

I agree with this and their are very few who has done this, especially on a physical level.

he is strong enough to exert the force necessary to break the inertia of a planet's mass, sure. imagining his physical strengh would be translated into propulsion force and the planet held together, he could do it.

still, flying heralds should just go through planets when atempting to do this

GRIMNIR

thumb up

EXACTLY

GRIMNIR
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Sounds like an incredibly arbitrary way of viewing comics. If you don't like characters pulling planets then you chose the wrong medium.

If you object on a "scientific" basis then the biggest problem isn't the power requirement so much as planets aren't cohesive enough to be pushed or pulled the way its depicted in comics. If you tried pushing the Earth the force would just break it rather than moving it smoothly.

But once more, its comics.

just because it is a comic does not mean it has to be full of PIS

i prefer stories where the characters perform superhuman feats that are within the realms of reason, otherwise lose all respect it because major BS

h1a8

I agree. All herald level beings shouldn't have any planetary power. The only reason why some seem to is because of inflation competition.

Inflation competition is when writer's, in order to sell comics, have characters perform higher and higher feats than what they previously done to keep interests up. The Competition part is when a character from a comic would perform higher in order to place him/her above another (most times their immediate counterpart), then the other would perform a feat higher, and this would just go back and forth until both have planetary power or above.

IMO, Superman and all other Heralds should have no more than million ton strength and power. Skyfathers should have no more than planetary power.

Remember when LT was created by Marvel, he was stated to be able to destroy planets. This was considered awesome at the time. Not any more though, because of inflation competition. A dollar isn't worth what it used to be worth.

^you, sir, have been reborn with good judgementthumb up

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
I agree. All herald level beings shouldn't have any planetary power. The only reason why some seem to is because of inflation competition.

Inflation competition is when writer's, in order to sell comics, have characters perform higher and higher feats than what they previously done to keep interests up. The Competition part is when a character from a comic would perform higher in order to place him/her above another (most times their immediate counterpart), then the other would perform a feat higher, and this would just go back and forth until both have planetary power or above.

IMO, Superman and all other Heralds should have no more than million ton strength and power. Skyfathers should have no more than planetary power.

Remember when LT was created by Marvel, he was stated to be able to destroy planets. This was considered awesome at the time. Not any more though, because of inflation competition. A dollar isn't worth what it used to be worth.

I agree with all of this. DC rarely if ever have anyone destroying planets. It was a high end feat when Prime did it.

Moving planets and destroying is 2 different things imo.

The Nuul

h1a8

CosmicComet

Moving planets and destroying is 2 different things imo.

'Course it is.

Brick breaking > Brick holding.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by GRIMNIR
just because it is a comic does not mean it has to be full of PIS

i prefer stories where the characters perform superhuman feats that are within the realms of reason, otherwise lose all respect it because major BS
But how do you define the 'realm of reason'.

Even something as comparatively tame and mundane as Spider-Man shits in the face of "science" and "reason" with the explanation for his powers.

h1a8
'Course it is.

Brick breaking > Brick holding.

More like heavy vulnerable mass moving> heavy vulnerable mass breaking.

If one could lift a building then the building would crumble under its own weight and become destroyed. But if one applied a much smaller force (like a bulldozer strike) then the building would be destroyed.

In summary, when objects EXCEED a certain size, then it takes less force destroying them through hitting them than moving them at a considerable acceleration.

h1a8
But how do you define the 'realm of reason'.

Even something as comparatively tame and mundane as Spider-Man shits in the face of "science" and "reason" with the explanation for his powers.

Good point.

But what he means by reasonable is not what is defined by science but defined by your average human mind.

For example, when I was a kid I thought it was reasonable to move a metal toy wagon forward by being in it and holding a strong enough magnet in front in order to pull it forward. But according to science, that is nonsense.

To me it is far more reasonable (not taking science into account) for Spiderman to do the things he does than for a being (like Superman) to move planets with great acceleration or withstand black holes and centres of stars.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by h1a8
More like heavy vulnerable mass moving> heavy vulnerable mass breaking.

If one could lift a building then the building would crumble under its own weight and become destroyed. But if one applied a much smaller force (like a bulldozer strike) then the building would be destroyed.

In summary, when objects EXCEED a certain size, then it takes less force destroying them through hitting them than moving them at a considerable acceleration.

Fair point, but I was speaking in terms of general comic-dom, where planets are often durable enough to not collapse in on themselves when being moved. In such a case, breaking > moving.

I think Mr. Majestic having to move planets while wearing special equipment that in effect spread out his force instead of focusing it over the area of his hands is the only instance that i can think of that acknowledges what you are talking about.

And honestly a skyscraper would probably collapse long before the energy needed to lift its weight from underneath it could be generated. I doubt the two would be too different.

Omega Vision
No I don't see how they're different in terms of anything but scale.

Spider-Man has the proportional strength of a spider (never mind that the strength of a spider is derived from its morphology and varies wildly between spider species) because its a story. Superman can withstand a blackhole and move a planet because its a story. Now there is such thing as internal consistency, for example Batman, a normal human kicking through metal is less internally consistent than someone with stated superhuman powers doing it. But when it comes to actual stated powers so long as the way those powers work are portrayed consistently this "realm of reason" nonsense is just that, nonsense.

Starscream M

Spider-Man has the proportional strength of a spider (never mind that the strength of a spider is derived from its morphology and varies wildly between spider species) because its a story. Superman can withstand a blackhole and move a planet because its a story. Now there is such thing as internal consistency, for example Batman, a normal human kicking through metal is less internally consistent than someone with stated superhuman powers doing it. But when it comes to actual stated powers so long as the way those powers work are portrayed consistently this "realm of reason" nonsense is just that, nonsense. so you wouldn't have an issue if a bodybuilder who can bench 350lbs struggles to lift a grain of rice?

GRIMNIR

Spider-Man has the proportional strength of a spider (never mind that the strength of a spider is derived from its morphology and varies wildly between spider species) because its a story. Superman can withstand a blackhole and move a planet because its a story. Now there is such thing as internal consistency, for example Batman, a normal human kicking through metal is less internally consistent than someone with stated superhuman powers doing it. But when it comes to actual stated powers so long as the way those powers work are portrayed consistently this "realm of reason" nonsense is just that, nonsense.

Superman strength level has gone from

able to lift a car
to
ability to reality warp the entire universe

this is what i hate with all the characters

their powers once established are constantly changed and altered and its stupid

Hyperion Prime
If Hulk had the ability to fly, do you think he could pull planets?

snickermariofacepalm

quanchi112
Yes, I believe he can do so if the situation warranted it. I mean the guy headbutted an earth squared asteroid in two.

dmills
Comics ny virtue of the medium require a willing suspension of disbelief.

dmills
Comics by virtue of the medium require a willing suspension of disbelief. But there is a threshold for even the most imaginative of minds. I can dig a character lifing say, 100 times their own mass. Real life is full of examples of creatures being many times stronger then there relative mass would suggest. Anything over that, barring gravity control, psionics or some other explanation, I just smh.

Uriel005
Considering heralds consistently fly near or into Black holes, and the gravity in a black hole is so much greater then that out star that its not even funny, means its not that far-fetched for heralds to move planets.

Or superman holding a black hole. I mean even a mini one should be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more then many things he has been hurt by. then again the Surfer does have an infamous glass jaw in certain cases where he should really have no trouble at all even at his lowest of low showings.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Or superman holding a black hole. I mean even a mini one should be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more then many things he has been hurt by.

For whatever it's worth, I remember it being stated that the Power Cosmic shielded Norrin from the Black Hole. And it's also been shown that they can amp him.

GRIMNIR
If Hulk could fly he would have new catchphrase combo

Hulk FLY, HULK SMASH Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.