Zeus vs Mutants Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GRIMNIR
Shuma-Gorath takes over the mind of Zeus and sends him to destroy New York City

Zeus is faced with a series of 1 v 1 battles with several mutants

Wolverine
Magneto
Storm (omega level)
Iceman (omega level)
Jean Grey (omega level)
Apocalypse
Scarlet Witch
Rogue (with combined abilities of all previous 7 mutants)

Zeus can only use his own powers and abilities

Will Shuma and Zeus succeed in their plan?

Nihilist
Zeus stomps.

SW stpos him. the rest wouldnt even register.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Nihilist
Zeus stomps.

GRIMNIR
Elaborate please

What is Zeus powerset

So far i read he have

Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Durability
Regen Healing
Energy Manipulation (lightning in particular)

what else this bad ass got up his sleeve?

Originally posted by GRIMNIR
Elaborate please

What is Zeus powerset

So far i read he have

Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Durability
Regen Healing

what else this bad ass got up his sleeve? magic in general. it's a matter of power scale however.

SuperiorTech
Elaborate please

What is Zeus powerset

So far i read he have

Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Durability
Regen Healing

what else this bad ass got up his sleeve?

Weather Control
Teleporting
Size Manipulation
Shape shifting

zopzop
If Jean manages to call upon the PF, he dies painfully. Otherwise he takes this with ease.

GRIMNIR
HOW?

describe what he does and what powers he uses?

seriously, you seem to overpowering Zeus to level of Living Tribunal or something.

What makes Zeus so powerful that can destroy a powerful mutant like Apocalypse and then take on someone who can warp reality.

THEN even if he does he can beat someone who has the powers of all 7 characters.

Zeus with his superhuman strength, durability, energy manipualation, teleporting, shapesifting and size manipulation beats someone with all those same powers and can also alter their own molecular structure, other people's molecuar structure and warp reality itself

idiotic

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Nihilist
Zeus stomps.

GRIMNIR
is every comic book fan just an illogical fanboy?

what are Zeus' powers and where did he get his powers?

explain

He is an Olympian. Olympians are more powerful than humans.
Where does the leap between Olympian and Zeus come from?

No one know the answer?

Someone must do

HOW?

describe what he does and what powers he uses?

seriously, you seem to overpowering Zeus to level of Living Tribunal or something.

What makes Zeus so powerful that can destroy a powerful mutant like Apocalypse and then take on someone who can warp reality.

THEN even if he does he can beat someone who has the powers of all 7 characters.

Zeus with his superhuman strength, durability, energy manipualation, teleporting, shapesifting and size manipulation beats someone with all those same powers and can also alter their own molecular structure, other people's molecuar structure and warp reality itself

idiotic like I said, he can't take the reality warping SW. poccy on the other end is an insect to him. the ammount of energy he can dish out with a single lighting bolt could kill apocalypse. he is a skyfather, the most powerfull of the olympians, he can even control their lifeforce at will. to make this short, he is roughly on par with odin who can destroy galaxies.

GRIMNIR
Originally posted by 753
like I said, he can't take the reality warping SW. poccy on the other end is an insect to him. the ammount of energy he can dish out with a single lighting bolt could kill apocalypse. he is a skyfather, the most powerfull of the olympians, he can even control their lifeforce at will. to make this short, he is roughly on par with odin who can destroy galaxies.

Ok. If this was true and the power of the lightning bolt could kill Apocalypse fair enough.

But is it? Apocalypse has Superhuman Durability and Regen Healing powers as well as Zeus. Apocalypse can also fly, teleport and has superhuman speed and reflexes like Zeus probably does. So is Apocalypse just gonna stand there and let himself be hit?

zopzop
Not to mention Apocalypse has gone toe to toe vs the High Evolutionary.

Ok. If this was true and the power of the lightning bolt could kill Apocalypse fair enough.

But is it? Apocalypse has Superhuman Durability and Regen Healing powers as well as Zeus. Apocalypse can also fly, teleport and has superhuman speed and reflexes like Zeus probably does. So is Apocalypse just gonna stand there and let himself be hit? Zeus opens gateways between dimensions and teleports. he gives superpowers to lesser beings and charge his blows with magic to beat the hulk into a pulp in a straight fist fight that leaves his healing factor weakened for weeks afterwards. he can drop high heralds with a single lihgtning bolt and is far more resistant to injury than apocalypse. he changes shape and size at will and has picked up and dumped mountains on his enemies.

most people who debate in the forums recognize a tier system with the following classes:

street: alfred (low), batman (high);

metahuman: wolverine (low), ironman (high);

herald: from storm to the Silver Surfer;

trans: high evolutionary, darkseid, thanos, annihilus, etc.;

skyfather: odin, zeus and the likes;

elder god: father set, cthon;

cube being (their ranking below some of the lower abstracts is controversial): molecule man and beyonder;

abstract: galactus (low) eternity (high), LT, scarlet witch, WF mxy, etc. (highest);

omnipotents: TOAA and the overmonitor

Originally posted by zopzop
Not to mention Apocalypse has gone toe to toe vs the High Evolutionary. a nice feat, but he has too many low showings

zopzop
Originally posted by 753
a nice feat, but he has too many low showings

Oh I know, but I was just throwing that out there. He's also done well (as in not even breaking a sweat) vs Loki.

GRIMNIR
Originally posted by 753
Zeus opens gateways between dimensions and teleports. he gives superpowers to lesser beings and charge his blows with magic to beat the hulk into a pulp in a straight fist fight that leaves his healing factor weakened for weeks afterwards. he can drop high heralds with a single lihgtning bolt and is far more resistant to injury than apocalypse. he changes shape and size at will and has picked up and dumped mountains on his enemies.

most people who debate in the forums recognize a tier system with the following classes:

street: alfred (low), batman (high);

metahuman: wolverine (low), ironman (high);

herald: from storm to the Silver Surfer;

trans: high evolutionary, darkseid, thanos, annihilus, etc.;

skyfather: odin, zeus and the likes;

elder god: father set, cthon;

cube being (their ranking below some of the lower abstracts is controversial): molecule man and beyonder;

abstract: galactus (low) eternity (high), LT, scarlet witch, WF mxy, etc. (highest);

omnipotents: TOAA and the overmonitor

ok but what is this tier system based on?

Zeus is Olympian. He hardly ever appears in any stories compared to other characters.
Why are Olympians seen as so much more powerful than mutants?
Olympian>Human
Mutant>Human
Is there some rule saying Mutant never>Olympian?
Unless of course you are a reality warper?
Some mutants have powers than seem a lot greater than Zeus powers yet they still ranked below simply because he is Olympian?

Also in that established tier you have Scarlet Witch 3 tiers above Zeus yet people are saying Zeus stomps including Scarlet Witch and Rogue with powers of Scarlet Witch and 6 other characters!?!

I read description of Olympians in Marvel. Says they are about 3 times stronger than HUMANS.
Seems to be quite massive leap to put Zeus the most powerful Olympian WAY above MUTANTS when average Olympian is 3 times stronger than a mere human.

ok but what is this tier system based on?

Zeus is Olympian. He hardly ever appears in any stories compared to other characters.
Why are Olympians seen as so much more powerful than mutants?
Olympian>Human
Mutant>Human
Is there some rule saying Mutant never>Olympian?
Unless of course you are a reality warper?
Some mutants have powers than seem a lot greater than Zeus powers yet they still ranked below simply because he is Olympian?

Also in that established tier you have Scarlet Witch 3 tiers above Zeus yet people are saying Zeus stomps including Scarlet Witch and Rogue with powers of Scarlet Witch and 6 other characters!?!

I read description of Olympians in Marvel. Says they are about 3 times stronger than HUMANS.
Seems to be quite massive leap to put Zeus the most powerful Olympian WAY above MUTANTS when average Olympian is 3 times stronger than a mere human.

system is based on their feats and how they fair against each other when they fight in comics not considering PIS moments

Olympians arent all the same in power and Zeus>>>>>>>>>>the rest of his kind, he is the strongest of them all.

mutant power levels vary greatly from each individual to the next, they can range from street to high abstarct level, so there are mutants more powerfull than Zeus, but they are rare.

people posting here are ignoring the strongest and most recent incarnation of the SW. this is usually done because it would be spite against almost everybody else in comics to be set against her and because she has stopped using her powers consciously and is living like a regular human with no memory of her past. but she was never depowered and has warped reality arround her subconsciously, so I always treat her as the same character that destroyed and recreated all the universes in existence.

as for the average mutant vs the average olympian, most mutants are below the proeminent olympians.

GRIMNIR
Originally posted by 753
system is based on their feats and how they fair against each other when they fight in comics not considering PIS moments

Olympians arent all the same in power and Zeus>>>>>>>>>>the rest of his kind, he is the strongest of them all.

mutant power levels vary greatly from each individual to the next, they can range from street to high abstarct level, so there are mutants more powerfull than Zeus, but they are rare.

people posting here are ignoring the strongest and most recent incarnation of the SW. this is usually done because it would be spite against almost everybody else in comics to be set against her and because she has stopped using her powers consciously and is living like a regular human with no memory of her past. but she was never depowered and has warped reality arround her subconsciously, so I always treat her as the same character that destroyed and recreated all the universes in existence.

as for the average mutant vs the average olympian, most mutants are below the proeminent olympians.

you talk good sense thumb up

as for Zeus>>>>>>>>>Olympian. In my opinion this is too great a power difference.
Zeus>>Hercules>>Olympian makes more sense to me.
Is there an origin or explanation as to why Zeus is considered>>>>>>>>>>>>Olympian, or has it just escalated to that gap because of many stories constantly upgrading power?

I think should have
LT>>Eternity>>>>Celestials>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Earth based characters
Then for mutants have them in some kind of class system 1 to 5
Class 5 - Scarlet Witch
Class 4 - Apocalypse
and so on
Then Zeus I would put on a par with class 3 or 4. I dont think he should be placed above most mutants just because he is Olympian.
His power list does not even sound impressive compared to others.
Lots of stories are full of PIS no when everyone always uses feats and fights to organise the tier, its not very reliable.
Its almost like people still worship as a God, he not God he just another being from different dimension. Mutant humans are not inferior.

as for Zeus>>>>>>>>>Olympian. In my opinion this is too great a power difference.
Is there an origin or explanation as to why Zeus is considered>>>>>>>>>>>>Olympian, or has it just escalated to that gap because of many stories constantly upgrading power? it comes from mithology actually, he simply is the strongest, wisest god and king of the others.
well, let's look at odin who is an equal to zeus in power and status from another pantheon. he has destroyed several galaxies, created dimensions, stopped the flow of time, etc. he is far far above apocalypse. it1s true that zeus has less feats and has apperaed less times in comics, but he is treated as a peer to odin and as far above thor. apocalypse in my opinion is a midlevel herald. thor is more powerfull than him and skyfathers like zeus and his father can cruish him.

SuperiorTech

http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/6440314_1.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/6440315_2.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/6440316_3.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/6440317_4.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/6440318_5.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/6440319_6.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/6440320_7.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/6440321_8.jpg

GRIMNIR
Originally posted by 753
it comes from mithology actually, he simply is the strongest, wisest god and king of the others.
well, let's look at odin who is an equal to zeus in power and status from another pantheon. he has destroyed several galaxies, created dimensions, stopped the flow of time, etc. he is far far above apocalypse. it1s true that zeus has less feats and has apperaed less times in comics, but he is treated as a peer to odin and as far above thor. apocalypse in my opinion is a midlevel herald. thor is more powerfull than him and skyfathers like zeus and his father can cruish him.

This is a big problem I have.

I am big fan of Odin. Look at my user name if not believe me.

But not a fan of Odin who can destroy galaxies, I dont like this version of Odin as he is much too powerful.

So I regard destroying galaxies as PIS by ANY character not an entity.
Celestials maybe, but not even them really.

If you think about how large a galaxy is, it is ridiculous that Odin or anyone can destroy a galaxy or even part of a galaxy.
He should not even destroy planets nevermind galaxies.

Galactus can destroy planets and feeds off the energy, dont have problem with this as he is an entity of sorts and a face of LT.

They need to keep the powers in check or they became stupid caricatures.

zopzop
This is a big problem I have.

I am big fan of Odin. Look at my user name if not believe me.

But not a fan of Odin who can destroy galaxies, I dont like this version of Odin as he is much too powerful.

So I regard destroying galaxies as PIS by ANY character not an entity.
Celestials maybe, but not even them really.

If you think about how large a galaxy is, it is ridiculous that Odin or anyone can destroy a galaxy or even part of a galaxy.
He should not even destroy planets nevermind galaxies.

Galactus can destroy planets and feeds off the energy, dont have problem with this as he is an entity of sorts and a face of LT.

They need to keep the powers in check or they became stupid caricatures.

thumb up

Join the club. LordofMurder and I have been saying this for a while now. They need to retcon the entire Marvel universe and start over like DC does every decade or so.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by 753
it comes from mithology actually, he simply is the strongest, wisest god and king of the others.

Name one mid-herald that can effortlessly stomp the living shit out of herald levelers like Ikaris and Stryfe without some haxx.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Name one mid-herald that can effortlessly stomp the living shit out of herald levelers like Ikaris and Stryfe without some haxx.

Lol. Ikaris and Stryfe are herald level?

Black Bolt

Originally posted by TheTyrant
Name one mid-herald that can effortlessly stomp the living shit out of herald levelers like Ikaris and Stryfe without some haxx. 1. Magneto could pawn those two and I'd say he is an upper crust midherald just like poccy.

2. Ikaris and Stryfe don't really have feats to place them in the high herald class either. Godcable (who was still below the SS)>>>Stryfe, even though they should be the same and Ikaris is mid at best too.

Colossus-Big C
Hercules isnt the most powerful olympion after zeus.... in fact all the major olympions save ares are more powerful than him

Gecko4lif
Sw can take him

the rest cant

TricksterPriest
Looking at those scans, I finally see why Herc hates his old man. Zeus being a dick in comics isn't a new thing. If this is how he's acted, I honestly wish the Hulk had beat him. Zeus is someone who deserves to be humbled.

Sadly, this bunch isn't doing it. Give Apocalypse alot of prep, maybe he could cobble something like the twelve together.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Looking at those scans, I finally see why Herc hates his old man. Zeus being a dick in comics isn't a new thing. If this is how he's acted, I honestly wish the Hulk had beat him. Zeus is someone who deserves to be humbled.

Sadly, this bunch isn't doing it. Give Apocalypse alot of prep, maybe he could cobble something like the twelve together.

He has done no worse than Odin or Darkseid have done to their sons.

TricksterPriest
Don't even try to compare him to Darkseid. durlaugh DS assasinated his own son with a bullet fired backwards in time. Hell, that was after Orion tore his heart out.

Odin? AFAIK, he's not even that bad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.