Scare me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jinXed by JaNx
Ok i'm ready to be scared. Really...,Name a movie and i'll watch it. The goal is to find a movie that scares me...,even a little bit Think of your most horrifying movie and let me know. After i watch it i'll let you know if i was scared. confused

the ninjak
Few films have creeped me out, made me look behind my shoulder.

Umberto Lenzi's Nightmare City did it for me. The threat was hardcore. An infection that turn its victims into Radioactive Vampires. They are intelligent and organised and cruel. Attack in concentrated hordes and use guns and stuff. The direction of the plot is unnerving focusing on random people in the populace living their lives not knowing that soon they'll be attacked.

You've probably already seen Texas CM and Tetsuo the Ironman.

Fulci's City of the Living Dead AKA Gates of Hell.
The threat in that film was very Lovecraftian.

MildPossession
Session 9

Deano
yeh fulcis city of the living dead is really cool and i digged the lovecraft theme.

not so much scary but really creepy

its hard to say what is scary because not many people scare easily anymore.

'ills' aka 'them' is quite nerve shredding at times. try that

jaden101
Depends what scares you...Some people are scared of gore...Some people like the "jump out of your seat" scares....Others prefer the more psychological creepy scares.

I prefer that latter...Which is why I agree with MP's suggestion of Session 9...It's technically not even really a horror...But it's set in possibly the creepiest location I've ever seen in a film. Danvers State Insane Asylum

Have a look at the galleries particularly of the interior and tunnels to see why it's such a freaky place to film.

It's also why films such as Blair Witch Project, The Last Broadcast and The Orphanage freak me out more than blood filled movies or jump fests.

jinXed by JaNx
Well i appreciate everyones suggestions. I'm going to try to watch...,

Umberto Lenzi's Nightmare City.
Tetsuo the Iron man.
city of the living dead.

I've already seen session 9. Nice suggestions on that one. It came close to creeping me out but not quite. I think the only movie that has ever really scared me out right in some way was...,in the mouth of madness and the exorcist.

Esau Cairn
Anything with Meg Ryan in it.

MildPossession
Deano came up with a good one too, Ils/Them, creepy French film.

RocasAtoll
Martyrs. Inside if you want balls to the wall energy with shit tons of gore.

And Videodrome or 7 Days. Neither are really horror, but they are creepy. Especially 7 Days. That movie will make you hate yourself.

MildPossession
Why? I can't remember anything in the film that would make me hate myself...

RocasAtoll
I didn't necessarily hate myself, just angry that I couldn't completely denounce the father, which is ultimately the point of the film and it puts that point across incredibly well.

the ninjak
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Well i appreciate everyones suggestions. I'm going to try to watch...,

Umberto Lenzi's Nightmare City.
Tetsuo the Iron man.
city of the living dead.

I've already seen session 9. Nice suggestions on that one. It came close to creeping me out but not quite. I think the only movie that has ever really scared me out right in some way was...,in the mouth of madness and the exorcist.

Well if they don't creep ya Im sure you'll enjoy em.

Deano
Originally posted by jaden101
Depends what scares you...Some people are scared of gore...Some people like the "jump out of your seat" scares....Others prefer the more psychological creepy scares.

I prefer that latter...Which is why I agree with MP's suggestion of Session 9...It's technically not even really a horror...But it's set in possibly the creepiest location I've ever seen in a film. Danvers State Insane Asylum

Have a look at the galleries particularly of the interior and tunnels to see why it's such a freaky place to film.

It's also why films such as Blair Witch Project, The Last Broadcast and The Orphanage freak me out more than blood filled movies or jump fests.

session 9 is great for a low budget film. very creepy

killerklowns13
carnival of souls, dude from that movie is creepy as hell.

steverules_2
Rebecca Black - Friday

It's scary that she's considered to have talent

NeoGills
you have to watch movie The uninvited!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.