William Wallace vs Aragorn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
Wallace thinks Aragon has killed his wife.

Both have a shield and a sword.

The fight in here.

http://janesguidetoscotland.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/scotland.jpg

Who wins?

the ninjak
Aragorn wastes him. 10/10.

Darth Truculent
Put em on Deadliest Warrior

Lord Lucien
Aragorn.

Robtard
Aragorn's speech wasn't nearly as captivating.

marwash22
Well, as long as Aragorn isn't trying to take William's freedom, he wins 10/10.

Riot-Gear
Wallace seemed more creative, but Aragorn seemed the more powerful of the two.

Under normal circumstances Aragorn would get the edge in armor. At least as he was kitted in the last movie, but Wallace has a shield. On the other hand Aragorn is known to carry a bow as well. Though Wallace, might just peg'em with a rock to the forehead before he gets a shot off.

Aragorn likely has the edge in endurance, but durability/soak goes to Wallace.

I'd like to say they'd split the wins 50/50, but if I had to assign a victor I'd give the small edge to Aragorn. If he gets his armor and reforged sword.

Johnny Demonic
Aragorns skill outlasts WW determination.

Riot-Gear
Originally posted by Johnny Demonic
Aragorns skill outlasts WW determination.

Their is little difference in skill between these two. In fact it could be argued that Wallace is the more skilled of the two as he was able to seamlessly use anything he picked up from rock to 5ft sword as a deadly weapon.

ares834
Aragorn easily. 10/10

Pwned
Uh, Riot, are you forgetting the part where Aragorn got bitchslapped by an armored troll? Thats quite a bit of damage soak there........

And having the ability to use any deadly thing, (which anyone can do, really, just not with much skill) and kill with it, against having mastery of 2 or 3 different weapons (if you count that dagger) then id rather have the master on my side than the proficient.

Besides, skill, endurance, and pretty much everything, including experience, all go to Elessar. He wins.

Riot-Gear
Originally posted by Pwned
Uh, Riot, are you forgetting the part where Aragorn got bitchslapped by an armored troll? Thats quite a bit of damage soak there........

Getting knocked about by troll while fully armored is a nice enough showing of blunt trauma soak, but lest we forgot that Wallace remained conscious while being torn apart at the end of his own movie, not even discussing the damage taken during the bulk of the film. Most with out the kind of armor coverage Aragorn was sporting.

And having the ability to use any deadly thing, (which anyone can do, really, just not with much skill) and kill with it, against having mastery of 2 or 3 different weapons (if you count that dagger) then id rather have the master on my side than the proficient.

Say what you will. About anybody being able to kill with a rock, being able to maul fully armed and armored troops with nothing, but said rock is a feat of skill. The likes of which we have not seen from Aragorn.

That aside what feats does Aragorn have even with their primary weapons. That put him above Wallace?

Besides, skill, endurance, and pretty much everything, including experience, all go to Elessar. He wins.

Versatility and creativity fall squarely in Wallace's favor. Skill is debatable until evidence is provided. Endurance does favor Aragorn. As for experience, the movie doesn't go into his experience. Wallace on the other hand we know has trained in the arts of war since a young age.

So unless I forgot some part of Lord of the Rings that made it clear that Aragorn either had loads of formal training or a ton of combat experience.

Then for all we know he spent his time picking flowers for Arwen and getting wasted at the Prancing Pony...

And Wallace takes the edge in experience.

golem370
Aragorn with little effort. He has experience on his side being over 80years old. He killed numerous Orcs.

Pwned
^ That.

They said since he was about 20 years old he had been training to lead the war against Sauron and reclaim the throne of Gondor. (im not sure, but i am a huge fan of the books, sometimes i fill in the gaps in my memory from them without realizing it)

Also, lets see, PWNing countless orcs, killing Lurtz, fighting 5 f**kin Nazgul, fighting trolls, commanding the Army of the Dead, surviving the Battle of Pelennor Fields (even with an army of the dead, the orcs in the movie numbered in the millions) fighting at the Black Gate, going through Moria ALONE. Hitting a goblin in the face through a (estimated) 3 inch hole TOPS, from about 20-30 feet away (they were in the back of the room) Oh, and he fell off a cliff and survived, on top of being smacked by a troll, and the fall? Yeah, he was wearing boiled and hardened leather.

Impediment
Aragorn toppled mythological beasts. All Wallace did was waste smelly Brits.

Riot-Gear
Originally posted by golem370
Aragorn with little effort. He has experience on his side being over 80years old. He killed numerous Orcs.

I don't recall Aragorns age being discussed. If It was can you tell me when?

RE: Blaxican
This isn't a contest. Wallace is based too much on reality to deal with Aragorn, who was borderline superhuman in the movies.

Riot-Gear
^ That.

They said since he was about 20 years old he had been training to lead the war against Sauron and reclaim the throne of Gondor. (im not sure, but i am a huge fan of the books, sometimes i fill in the gaps in my memory from them without realizing it)

They did? I don't remember this in his back story. In fact it wouldn't make any since most people didn't believe Sauron was coming back and Aragorn wanted nothing to do with his position or it seemed society as a whole.

Also, lets see, PWNing countless orcs,

Conscript soldiers of the line that went down to poorly armed Hobbits as well.

killing Lurtz, fighting 5 f**kin Nazgul,

Lurtz, I'll give you as a good feat. The Nazgul were in life the kings of men. Not some super hard band of merc or commandos. Just wraith-ified royalty.

fighting trolls,

Against the cave troll he was backed by the whole of the Fellowship, against the troll in RTOK he was armored up the arse.

commanding the Army of the Dead, surviving the Battle of Pelennor Fields (even with an army of the dead, the orcs in the movie numbered in the millions) fighting at the Black Gate,

So he survived large scale battles and commanded an army of unkillable creatures. Wallace survived battlefields and commanded armies as well. I don't see the merit of these feats. In the context of this debate. I am not saying Aragorn is unskilled, just that he did nothing to suggest he is more skilled then Wallace.

going through Moria ALONE.

What are you taling about he traveled through Moria with the Fellowship.

Hitting a goblin in the face through a (estimated) 3 inch hole TOPS, from about 20-30 feet away (they were in the back of the room)

That was a hell of shot. Once again he was skilled and he is as I said before going to have the advantage in a ranged battle.

Oh, and he fell off a cliff and survived, on top of being smacked by a troll, and the fall? Yeah, he was wearing boiled and hardened leather.

When did he fall off a cliff?

Riot-Gear
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
This isn't a contest. Wallace is based too much on reality to deal with Aragorn, who was borderline superhuman in the movies.

What superhuman things did Aragorn do that put him above Wallace?

Pwned
His age was discussd is Edoras, when Eowyn gave him the soup thing. He fell off a cliff when the column of refugees was attacked, he got stuck on Sharkus harness, and the warg ran off a cliff, taking him with it. He woke up several miles downriver on the shore.

As I said, he may or may not have told the 4 hobbits are him passing the West Gate of Moria. If its from only the books, i apologize and retract it, its been a long time since i watched the Fellowship.
And even being armored, a hit from a troll is nothing to be taken lightly, as they ***** slap every other non-main character and kill them in that first shot. He also went sword to sword against it (you can see him block a strike head on) And the Nazgul were no longer Men. They were wraiths, as you said, but no normal man could have stood against one, let alone 5 at once, in the dark, where even the movie said they are more powerful. And even before Sauron rose, this was in the time of the Necromancer (Sauron) and Gandalf also found out shortly after the Hobbit that the Necromancer was Sauron, and so they started preparing for war.

Also, the Numenoreans (Aragorn and the Dunedain) were always preparing for war in case of a larger threat from Morder, the Wise had told them Sauron wasnt destroyed, Elrond admitted it in the first movie I think.

The superhuman things he does is just in his skill, taking on shitload of orcs and such without a scratch. That and that arrow he fired in the Mines.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.