Superman in the Middle of the Sun vs. Thor from Blood and Thunder Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

She-Ra-La
Two uber beings. I guess Superman from OWAW was a good indication of what he would be like.

For this fight, The fight won't move from the sun. And Thor won't be crazy.

Don't forget has the Power gem here. He's not crazy so he can tap it's full potential.

TricksterPriest
LMAO. Thor doesn't have a prayer of beating Superman here. hysterical

Black bolt z
Superman shit stomps thor.

Superman would be getting stronger as the fight goes on.

Thor gets DESTROYED here.

Starscream M
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
LMAO. Thor doesn't have a prayer of beating Superman here. hysterical thor doesn't last 2 seconds

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by She-Ra-La
I guess Superman from OWAW was a good indication of what he would be like.

Not. even. close.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Superman shit stomps thor.

Superman would be getting stronger as the fight goes on.

Thor gets DESTROYED here.

To be fair, so would Thor. As he got the power-gem during B&T.

TricksterPriest
The gem wouldn't help. Superman would jack it from Thor the moment the fight starts.

zopzop
Power Gem > any sun dip.

With the Gem, Thor destroys. Without the Gem, Superman beats Thor to paste.

TricksterPriest
The gem will not help. Superman is fast enough to take it from Thor. Not to mention his Sundip feats shit on everything Thor did in B&T. He's not fighting jobbers this time.

Black bolt z
Will people stop talking about shit of taking the gem from someone?

That would kind of break the point of the thread. Well it would make sense in a forum fight it kind of defeats the purpose of the fight.

She-Ra-La
The gem will not help. Superman is fast enough to take it from Thor. Not to mention his Sundip feats shit on everything Thor did in B&T. He's not fighting jobbers this time. Fighting Thanos, Dr. Strange, The IW, and Silver Surfer is alot of power. That's like Tyrant level power. Superman doesn't shit on Thor's feats with the Gem. Plus how is Superman going to take the gem?

Lord Feron
Yea this aint really fair...

Thats Spider man fight Sandman in the desert.

TricksterPriest
Oh come on! Just because Marvel heralds and metahumans are slugs and don't use combat speed, don't handicap Superman because he's been proven to. roll eyes (sarcastic)

She-Ra-La
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Yea this aint really fair...

Thats Spider man fight Sandman in the desert. In this case Spiderman would have the uni-power fighting Sandman in the desert. Thor has the PG.

Starscream M
Powergem thor would get wrecked by Superman inside the sun. Inside the sun, Superman is a god that would shit on odin.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Starscream M
Powergem thor would get wrecked by Superman inside the sun. Inside the sun, Superman is a god that would shit on odin. No. Just no.

PillarofOsiris
This fight is so lopsided its not even worth debating.

TricksterPriest
.........Consider the feats that Superman did with minutes of sundip in OWAW. Even skyfathers wouldn't be able to do the things he did.

Black bolt z
.........Consider the feats that Superman did with minutes of sundip in OWAW. Even skyfathers wouldn't be able to do the things he did. OWAW isn't regular supes. Even non-sundipped.

TricksterPriest
No. It's Superman not holding back.

She-Ra-La
Powergem thor would get wrecked by Superman inside the sun. Inside the sun, Superman is a god that would shit on odin. No. Just no. Thor with the PG would be tapping an unlimited source of power. Where as, Superman would NOT. Let's not even get into the fact that Thor could turn the Sun Red to win the fight. I said no bfr. That was my only stip.

Sr J-Bieb
The gem will not help. Superman is fast enough to take it from Thor. Not to mention his Sundip feats shit on everything Thor did in B&T. He's not fighting jobbers this time. Ya, Superman's one feat shits all over Thor's actual battle feats...

Also, Thor with full potential Power Gem? So like, Infinity Gauntlet level of power I'm told...

Starscream M
Oh come on! Just because Marvel heralds and metahumans are slugs and don't use combat speed, don't handicap Superman because he's been proven to. roll eyes (sarcastic) lol *slugs*

to be fair, the marvel metas are no slower than dc metas

Silent Master
The gem wouldn't help. Superman would jack it from Thor the moment the fight starts.

Why?

Superman doesn't know what it is or does.

PillarofOsiris
I really wish the power gem would be banned from forum threads. Its more inconsistent than the Hulk's durability.

TricksterPriest
Full potential my ass. That shit has never been seen in comics outside the full gauntlet. Bran: He tanked entropy, moved Warworld, was at the point where he could free Imperiex Prime when no one else could.

What's Thor done on that level?

Omega Vision
lol *slugs*

to be fair, the marvel metas are no slower than dc metas
Not that there are all that many DC Metas to speak of.

Starscream M
Full potential my ass. That shit has never been seen in comics outside the full gauntlet. Bran: He tanked entropy, moved Warworld, was at the point where he could free Imperiex Prime when no one else could.
and that was only spending a few minutes in the sun right?

in this fight, he is IN the friggin sun...he'd be exponentially more powerful than OWAW superman.

PillarofOsiris

in this fight, he is IN the friggin sun...he'd be exponentially more powerful than OWAW superman.

I wouldn't even say minutes. It looked more like seconds. Superman's power increases just from being in space.

Silent Master

That would be a no-limits fallacy. as you have no proof that he can get any more powerful than he did during that story. His ability to stronger by absorbing solar-radiation has never been stated to be unlimited.

TricksterPriest
There's never been a limit stated either. And we actually have proof that it may not be limited. Superman Prime, from DC1M.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Silent Master
His ability to stronger by absorbing solar-radiation has never been stated to be unlimited.

http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/8/8c/Superman_Prime.jpg

MrMind
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
thumb up and superman stomps thor hard

Silent Master

Last I checked, feats from possible futures don't count.

She-Ra-La
http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/8/8c/Superman_Prime.jpg He wasn't unlimtedly powered as the sun only has so much energy. That just shows that he was somewhere in the low abstract level.

Sr J-Bieb
Bran: He tanked entropy, moved Warworld, was at the point where he could free Imperiex Prime when no one else could.
So... still one feat trumps Thor's battle feats?

Unless Superman starts towing around Thor, I can't see how this is relevant.

Also, proof he tanked entropy? Like a panel or anything indicating the sort?

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by She-Ra-La
He wasn't unlimtedly powered as the sun only has so much energy. That just shows that he was somewhere in the low abstract level.

And he could have spent more time in the sun and gotten more powerful. Also, energy can be amplified. Superman isn't just a battery for solar energy.

TheTyrant
Thor stomps. This isn't even a close fight due to the Power Gem.

She-Ra-La
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Thor stomps. This isn't even a close fight due to the Power Gem. I wouldn't say stomps. That would be unfair to the massive speed advantage Superman has.

zeel
Powergem thor would get wrecked by Superman inside the sun. Inside the sun, Superman is a god that would shit on odin.

power gem thor wasnt that impresive really. thor cant utilize that gem well. now if this was thanos. supes be dead and thats all she wrote.

as far as supes being a god and shitting on odin. Superman has zero chance of defeating odin even in the sun. ANd please stop with the ZZZOMG speed blitzzzzzzzzz bullshit.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by zeel
power gem thor wasnt that impresive really/\. thor cant utilize that gem well. now if this was thanos. supes be dead adn thats all she wrote.

as far as supes being a god and shitting on odin. Superman has zero chance of defeating odin even in the sun. ANd please stop with the ZZZOMG speed blitzzzzzzzzz bullshit.

I agree with you about Odin, but disagree about Thanos.

zeel
I agree with you about Odin, but disagree about Thanos.

thanos with the power gem is going to destroy supes in the sun. thanos can use that gem better then thor any day of the week. I should have specified thanos with the gem.

Damborgson
Idk how Thor would hit him. With superman's power and speed increasing like it would be inside the sun. The power gem + WM obviously also gives Thor a huge strength and speed bonus plus the gem would continue to make him stronger and all that, but idk how it would even out with superman. Thor was never KO'd during B&T if I am correct but I really think that Superman would just overwhelm him even with the massive damage resistance that Thor would gain.

Sirius77
Superman in the sun wins this. I didn't read bt, but from what I understand, it was just thor going all out, just like superman in OWAW right?

quanchi112
With the gem Thor wins without it he loses.

carver9

What's Thor done on that level?

Trick, I ask this question AGAIN... when did Brainiac use that energy he stole from Imperiex. His purpose WASN'T to shoot that energy around as some type of weapon or use it to aid in his thrusters for the machine planet... his main goal was to reshape the universe. He never used the energy... he never shot Superman with it, he never used it to aid in the thrusters of his ship... you along with a lot of other people are making up sh**.

Brainiac ship/planet CAME with thrusters... Brainiac ship CAME with weapons. Hell, at one point the entire planet blew up on Supes (fake self destruct) when he first ran up on the planet thinking it was Pluto.

Show me along with ALL of us where it was mentioned that Brainiac used that power or "stop talking about it". One thing I know for sure... you will never find it.

carver9
By the way... this ends in a stalemate but there was never any type of proof that showed that the longer Superman remained in the sun, the stronger and faster he got or could get... that amp he got during the war world moving could be his limit.

If it is, Thor would eventuall win this.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Trick, I ask this question AGAIN... when did Brainiac use that energy he stole from Imperiex. His purpose WASN'T to shoot that energy around as some type of weapon or use it to aid in his thrusters for the machine planet... his main goal was to reshape the universe. He never used the energy... he never shot Superman with it, he never used it to aid in the thrusters of his ship... you along with a lot of other people are making up sh**.

Brainiac ship/planet CAME with thrusters... Brainiac ship CAME with weapons. Hell, at one point the entire planet blew up on Supes (fake self destruct) when he first ran up on the planet thinking it was Pluto.

Show me along with ALL of us where it was mentioned that Brainiac used that power or "stop talking about it". One thing I know for sure... you will never find it.

THREE separate pages all stating that Brainiac is using Imperiex's power to fuel his own:

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii378/prsupes/ManOfSteel117pg14.jpg

----------------------------------------------

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii378/prsupes/ManOfSteel117pg11.jpg

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii378/prsupes/ManOfSteel117pg05.jpg

You really, REALLY need to read Our Worlds At War again Carver.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
THREE separate pages all stating that Brainiac is using Imperiex's power to fuel his own:

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii378/prsupes/ManOfSteel117pg14.jpg

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii378/prsupes/ManOfSteel117pg11.jpg

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii378/prsupes/ManOfSteel117pg05.jpg

You really, REALLY need to read Our Worlds At War again Carver.

You proved me wrong again.

sad

-Pr-
I have more if you want. sneer

carver9
I have more if you want. sneer

Lol... Naah, you've proven your point. I think you are keeping tabs on how much you own me. I'm trying to figure out a way to put you on ignore but the tab isn't working.

mad (just playing wink

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Lol... Naah, you've proven your point. I think you are keeping tabs on how much you own me. I'm trying to figure out a way to put you on ignore but the tab isn't working.

mad (just playing wink

I'm a mod anyway. big grin

TricksterPriest
Thank you oh so much Pr. big grin I don't have access to the trade of this one, so I really appreciate that. I'd have to dig into superman's respect thread, which would be a nightmare. Or try and dig something from Imperiex's or B-13's.

But yes, this conclusively proves that Superman was fighting the power of the big bang, and that he tanked entropy. Given that the entropy blasts are the same color.

Black bolt z
I'm a mod anyway. big grin Wait are you not allowed to put mods on ignore.

Cuz bada is starting to bore me mmm

SquallX
How does Thor wins this fight. Thor in the sun would already be in trouble, unless Thor has feats of being inside a sun without problem.

Superman in the sun, doesn't get weak, he doesn't lose energy. I don't think he can even get tired.

.........Consider the feats that Superman did with minutes of sundip in OWAW. Even skyfathers wouldn't be able to do the things he did. pretty sure they would

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by SquallX
How does Thor wins this fight. Thor in the sun would already be in trouble, unless Thor has feats of being inside a sun without problem.

He does.

Also, lol at beating Odin a page back or so.

batdude123
You really, REALLY need to read Our Worlds At War Carver.

Fixed.

Philosophía
Originally posted by batdude123
Fixed. Beat me to it.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He does.

Also, lol at beating Odin a page back or so. inside the sun, superman would be amped WAY too much for odin to handle

I mean, thanos even gave odin some trouble. inside sun superman would be over 100x more powerful

KuRuPT Thanosi
Brucey just stop... Odin would dominate superman no matter where the fight was.. make you mistake about that.

JakeTheBank
inside the sun, superman would be amped WAY too much for odin to handle

I mean, thanos even gave odin some trouble. inside sun superman would be over 100x more powerful

Yeah, provided Odin decides to keep the fight inside the sun or just tried to brawl with him there instead of using his other abilities and powers.

And if "some trouble" you mean coming back for some more pwnage, okay. Do you have any way of quantifying or proving over 100x times more powerful?

kevdude
Fixed.

laughing out loud Thats for sure.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yeah, provided Odin decides to keep the fight inside the sun or just tried to brawl with him there instead of using his other abilities and powers.

And if "some trouble" you mean coming back for some more pwnage, okay. Do you have any way of quantifying or proving over 100x times more powerful?

Dude they just provided scans of Superman taking on the power of a high end DC abstract. I'm starting to think he can take this.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by zopzop
Dude they just provided scans of Superman taking on the power of a high end DC abstract. I'm starting to think he can take this. surtur would like a word with you then

zopzop
Originally posted by psycho gundam
surtur would like a word with you then

Surtur's taken on a high end abstract?

TricksterPriest
Dude they just provided scans of Superman taking on the power of a high end DC abstract. I'm starting to think he can take this. Give me a minute and I'll find you the scan of Superman moving Warworld.

Found it.

Originally posted by Rorschach
Superman moves a planet while sun-dipped. Brainiac 13 attempts to stop him by using all the energy at his disposal but fails

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4381/actioncomics782pg13vs8.th.jpg
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7412/actioncomics782pg14qo7.th.jpghttp://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5869/actioncomics782pg15lh7.th.jpghttp://img245.imageshack.us/img245/8245/actioncomics782pg16gq3.th.jpg
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4331/actioncomics782pg17xz0.th.jpghttp://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2417/actioncomics782pg18bd9.th.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5290/actioncomics782pg19uf3.th.jpg

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2930/warworldgn9.jpg

Black bolt z
Surtur's taken on a high end abstract? According to you Odin is a high end abstract.

TricksterPriest
Some people on KMC argue that Odin is abstract due to one showing that got retconned.

Galan007
But yes, this conclusively proves that Superman was fighting the power of the big bang It proves Supes was fighting a being who contained the power of a big bang. That doesn't mean B13 was actually using the aforementioned level of power -in it's entirety- against him, though. It's really no different than fighting Monarch in that regard.

Anyhow, Superman wins.

TricksterPriest
Well....B-13 didn't want him to move Warworld, and indeed, the engines were firing full blast to stop him from moving it, and it was still moving. Not to mention he was panicking as he blasted at him.

Seems obvious to me. srug

Galan007
Well....B-13 didn't want him to move Warworld, and indeed, the engines were firing full blast to stop him from moving it, and it was still moving. Not to mention he was panicking as he blasted at him.

Seems obvious to me. srug Superman pushing Warworld against it's thrusters proves he was stronger/faster than a large mass moving at light speed. That still doesn't equate to B13 using 'all' of the big bang energies at his disposal, though...

Imo, if B13 would've been tapping said energies to a greater extent, he would have been able to end Superman with a gesture *see Imperiex' slaying of Doomsday* -- OWAW Supes was definitely a beast, but he wasn't a universal power by any means.

TricksterPriest
It's still a feat beyond most skyfathers. You honestly don't think he was tanking entropy at the very least? Or the fact that B-13 was panicking the whole time?

I think you're digging abit here, mon sage frere. vin

kevdude
Nah I don't believe he was 'tanking' the entropy either, how can anyone tank entropy?? Those scans was Superman moving between Brainiac 13s blasts, he never once hit him and thats why he tried to talk his way to victory (because Superman was to fast to hit). Clearly see (some) entropy being used against Maximas ship and warriors with Superman and the heroes helping, Superman never got hit by it. Thats giving Superman a little to much credit. Still he was the only one with the power to tear apart Warworld which is extremely impressive (considering Steel w/Aegis could barely do anything against it, though he was still new with his abilities as well). Heck the only reason Superman got close enough to Warworld powered by Imperiex himself was cause his attention was somewhere else (on Lena).

Superman wins though. wink

Juntai
You really, REALLY need to read some comics Carver, because it's obvious all your knowledge is merely what you've seen on KMC in scans. Fixed, again.

psycho gundam
It's still a feat beyond most skyfathers. You honestly don't think he was tanking entropy at the very least? Or the fact that B-13 was panicking the whole time?

I think you're digging abit here, mon sage frere. vin i think trick needs to consult galen before he gets all overzealous with feats/occurrences henceforth

Galan007
You honestly don't think he was tanking entropy at the very least? Not at all.

psycho gundam
http://i49.tinypic.com/14aaohf.gif

batdude123
Originally posted by Galan007
Superman pushing Warworld against it's thrusters proves he was stronger/faster than a large mass moving at light speed. That still doesn't equate to B13 using 'all' of the big bang energies at his disposal, though...

Imo, if B13 would've been tapping said energies to a greater extent, he would have been able to end Superman with a gesture *see Imperiex' slaying of Doomsday* -- OWAW Supes was definitely a beast, but he wasn't a universal power by any means.

You mean in spite of the fact that it was stated on panel that Brainiac was using full power in order to try and stop Superman and was in utter disbelief when Superman was still able to move War World? You're right though, Brainiac wasn't actually trying to stop Superman from destroying him. I mean, it's not like Brainiac traveled billions of years through the time stream and spent centuries preparing to steal Imperiex's power. He totally wouldn't try anything and everything to stop his consciousness from being scattered across "60 trillion light years in half a second." He'd much rather have that happen than rule the universe as God. Yeah... that really does make sense. baka

Sorry, not buying it.

Galan007
You mean in spite of the fact that it was stated on panel that Brainiac was using full power in order to try and stop Superman and was in utter disbelief when Superman was still able to move War World? You're right though, Brainiac wasn't actually trying to stop Superman from destroying him. I mean, it's not like Brainiac traveled billions of years through the time stream and spent centuries preparing to steal Imperiex's power. He totally wouldn't try anything and everything to stop his consciousness from being scattered across "60 trillion light years in half a second." He'd much rather have that happen than rule the universe as God. Yeah... that really does make sense. baka

Sorry, not buying it. What exactly did B13 do vs. Supes that leads you to believe he was utilizing the full extent of Imperiex's 'big bang energies'? Make a few drones? Use the thrusters of Warworld to their full capacity? Cuz that's about all he really did -- I mean, my God, he didn't even utilize any type of energy-based attacks directly against Supes. Sure, B13 may have possessed the full power of Imperiex, but that doesn't mean he was using it 'all' against Supes.

Furthermore, B13 had no idea that Superman was going to destroy him via pushing him through a boom tube/in front of a big bang -- because, well, the tube wasn't even created until Brainy was literally getting pushed through it. Had he known of this plan beforehand, he likely would have tried a bit harder to down Supes (by 'harder' I mean use more than physical attacks and/or making his planet fly really fast.) A -casual- hand blast from Imperiex was sufficient to atomize Doomsday, after all.

Sorry, but I'm not buying OWAW Superman being a universal+ power.

Starscream M
hmm, this discussion makes B13 sound pretty dumb...

Galan007
^ B13 was absolutely brilliant -- harnessing Imperiex's power for his own means is a prime example.

A moment of CIS vs. Superman doesn't change that.

batdude123
What exactly did B13 do vs. Supes that leads you to believe he was utiilizing the full extent of Imperiex' 'big bang energies'? Make a few drones? Use the thrusters of Warworld to their full capacity? Cuz that's about all he really did -- I mean, my God, he didn't even utilize any type of energy-based attacks directly against Supes. Sure, B13 may have possessed the full power of Imperiex, but that doesn't mean he was using it 'all' against Supes.

Furthermore, B13 had no idea that Superman was going to push him through a boom tube/in front of a big bang -- because, well, the tube wasn't even created until Brainy was literally getting pushed through it. Had he known of this plan beforehand, he likely would have tried a bit harder to down Supes. After all, a -casual- hand blast from Imperiex was sufficient to atomize Doomsday.

Sorry, but I'm not buying OWAW Superman being a universal+ power.

He was putting all of his power into trying to stop Superman from moving him. It was made clear on panel that War World was Brianiac's "body," so trying to act like he wasn't is ridiculous.

Before the the boom tube even opened, Brainiac was saying how he traveled billions of years through the time stream in order to stop Imperiex and essentially pleaded to Superman not to kill him for being a "savior."

I'm gonna go ahead and stop it right here, because the idea that Brainiac wasn't trying his best to stop Superman from destroying him, especially when all the context of the situation is taken into account, is ludicrous.

Galan007
He was putting all of his power into trying to stop Superman from moving him. It was made clear on panel that War World was Brianiac's "body," so trying to act like he wasn't is ridiculous.

Before the the boom tube even opened, Brainiac was saying how he traveled billions of years through the time stream in order to stop Imperiex and essentially pleaded to Superman not to kill him for being a "savior."

I'm gonna go ahead and stop it right here, because the idea that Brainiac wasn't trying his best to stop Superman from destroying him, especially when all the context of the situation is taken into account, is ludicrous. Not sure if you realize how ridiculous it is to say that B13 was using the full extent of his powers to attack Supes, when ALL he did was create a handful of drones to physically attack him, and use the thrusters of Warworld to their maximum capacity. :/

Sorry, but those feats (speaking about those of B13) don't equate to a guy who was going 'all out' with his big bang-esque power.

Starscream M
^ B13 was absolutely brilliant -- harnessing Imperiex's power for his own means is a prime example.

A moment of CIS vs. Superman doesn't change that. a moment? it happens to be the defining moment

plus he has history with superman...brainy of all people should know superman's ability to win despite all odds. its the one eventuality he should've prepped everything for and should not have underestimated.

Galan007
a moment? it happens to be the defining moment

plus he has history with superman...brainy of all people should know superman's ability to win despite all odds. its the one eventuality he should've prepped everything for and should not have underestimated. Supes didn't create the boom tube to the dawn of time -- that's where Darkseid (and co) came into play. How could B13 have known..?

Starscream M
Supes didn't create the boom tube to the dawn of time -- that's where Darkseid (and co) came into play. How could B13 have known..? well, I figured he could calculate all possible scenarios ala midnighter given how advanced he is...

but even not, given how smart he is, he shouldn't ever have been put in that situation in the first place, no?

Galan007
well, I figured he could calculate all possible scenarios ala midnighter given how advanced he is...

but even not, given how smart he is, he shouldn't ever have been put in that situation in the first place, no? You'd think.

batdude123
Not sure if you realize how ridiculous it is to say that B13 was using the full extent of his powers to attack Supes, when ALL he did was create a handful of drones to physically attack him, and use the thrusters of Warworld to their maximum capacity. :/

Sorry, but those feats (speaking about those of B13) don't equate to a guy who was going 'all out' with his big bang-esque power.

He was using his full power to try and stop Superman from moving him, which the comic gave every indication of him doing so.

The idea of Superman over-powering Brainiac's energies (which the issue clearly shows him doing) is far less ridiculous than Brainiac holding back, KNOWING full-well that Superman is about to "kill him" after all his centuries of planning. Yeah, he'd rather die than use his full power in order to ensure his survival as the supreme being of the universe... which he's worked so hard to become. confused

Your idiosyncratic take on the matter has no on-panel validation. You're entitled to it, though, I suppose. sneer

Miss Maxima
He was using his full power to try and stop Superman from moving him, which the comic gave every indication of him doing so.

The idea of Superman over-powering Brainiac's energies (which the issue clearly shows him doing) is far less ridiculous than Brainiac holding back, KNOWING full-well that Superman is about to "kill him" after all his centuries of planning. Yeah, he'd rather die than use his full power in order to ensure his survival as the supreme being of the universe... which he's worked so hard to become. confused

Your idiosyncratic take on the matter has no on-panel validation. You're entitled to it, though, I suppose. sneer How did Superman become more powerful than a universal being? That is even more powerful than he was in his Pre-Crisis days. But I do agree, if Brain had the power of Imperiex, and warworld was his body, then it would be the same as if Superman were pushing against Imperiex.

Galan007

Your idiosyncratic take on the matter has no on-panel validation. You're entitled to it, though, I suppose. sneer Ah, so despite having access to all of Imperiex's energies, the best tactic B13 could come up with was using 'all of' said energies to make Warworld fly really fast against Supes? If that's the case then I retract my former statement regarding B13 -- he was an absolute idiot. You'd think a being of his intelligence would have, you know, done something offensive with all that power. :/

I also find it funny that you think Superman owned the entirety of Imperiex's energies, just by pushing against the thrusters of Warworld. Per your opinion, that feat alone would effectively make Supes > a universal power. Do you really even believe that, or are you arguing just to argue? uhuh

batdude123
Ah, so despite having access to all of Imperiex's energies, the best tactic B13 could come up with was using 'all of' said energies to make Warworld fly really fast against Supes? If that's the case then I retract my former statement regarding B13 -- he was an absolute idiot. You'd think a being of his intelligence would have, you know, done something offensive with all that power. :/

I also find it funny that you think Superman owned the entirety of Imperiex's energies, just by pushing against the thrusters of Warworld. Per your opinion, that feat alone would effectively make Supes > a universal power. Do you really even believe that, or are you arguing just to argue? uhuh

I'm just going by what the comic presents, breh. ermmhappy

Starscream M
I chalk it up to poor writing. writers had to figure a way for brainiac to lose, but couldn't come up with anything more creative/believable.

I mean, couldn't brainiac transport his sentience to multiple satellite bases (that he should've had).

Galan007
I'm just going by what the comic presents, breh. ermmhappy Me too. sneer

Only difference is that you're wrong, and I'm....

...."Winning" excellent

Galan007
I chalk it up to poor writing. writers had to figure a way for brainiac to lose, but couldn't come up with anything more creative/believable.

I mean, couldn't brainiac transport his sentience to multiple satellite bases (that he should've had). Again, you'd think.

batdude123
Me too. sneer

Only difference is you're wrong, and I'm....

...."Winning" ermmnone

Sorry, I can't hear you over all this p*ssy.

http://i.imgur.com/ZRlSG.jpg

biscuits

Starscream M
Again, you'd think. maybe superman developed a power which allowed him to create a invisible undetectable forcefield which trapped brainiac's sentience within warworld as long as superman was in physical contact with it?

Galan007
Sorry, I can't hear you over all this p*ssy.

http://i.imgur.com/ZRlSG.jpg

biscuits "That's right, I said girlS."

maybe superman developed a power which allowed him to create a invisible undetectable forcefield which trapped brainiac's sentience within warworld as long as superman was in physical contact with it? You've unraveled the mystery. thumb up

Uriel005
"That's right, I said girlS."

You've unraveled the mystery. thumb up Damn kryptonians always finding new powers at the most convenient moments.

zeel

I think you're digging abit here, mon sage frere. vin

Your arguments about superman always revolves around Physical abilities. IN a battle with a skyfather such as zeus or especially odin i dont care how physically strong the hearld is. Superman can be 1000 times stronger then odin and he still loses to the skyfather. If this was a pure physical fight odin would be one shotted with supes little finger. But then again pretty much anyone would. The term skyfather and elder god has got very vauge on theses boards. Most skyfathers are not noted for great physical feats anyhow.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Nah bro.

It's been like 2 years since I read OWAW but from what I can recall:

1) All Braniac did was create a few drones.
2) Said drones didn't even tag Superman IIRC.
3) Braniac's thrusters didn't seem any more powerful than the regular ones and he didn't realize what was happening until he was like half way into the boom tube. That is not to say that visual representation is the be all end all but it does weigh in on my opinion.

Based on that, I think it's somewhat illogical to come to the conclusion that Superman was fighting the totality of Imperiex's power.

I mean, wouldn't using even a quarter of his energy destroy the neighboring systems?

Well, whatever.

TricksterPriest
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm182/scalpod/falcon-headed-god-punch.jpg THREAD RESURRECTION!

psycho gundam
ain't that a tizoc move in kof?

TricksterPriest
Looks more like Rugal's god press.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/63024/1204360-god_press_super.jpg

psycho gundam
http://i53.tinypic.com/2eek701.gif

for sure, but i thought tizoc had something like that *shrug*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.