Medusa (DC) Vs Maxima

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9506/288790-72385-medusa_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33492/1433266-maxima_acno651_large.jpg

keiththegreat
Maxima

Q99
Lesse, Maxima would have to fight blind. I'm not sure how much her telepathic powers could compensate for that. Physically, Medusa was pretty close to Wonder Woman and inflicted some *major* damage on her.

Hard to tell.

PillarofOsiris
But Maxima has been shown to be > than Wonder Woman physically.

Philosophía
Maxima just closes her eyes and uses telekinesis to kick ass.

Q99
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
But Maxima has been shown to be > than Wonder Woman physically.

Example? I'd generally think of WW as overall slightly ahead.

PillarofOsiris
Maxima is strong/durable enough that she can hang with Superman(most of the time), and she was the only member of a team including the JLA besides Superman who could hurt Doomsday, and also take hits from him. She was also fast enough to get on the jump on Superman as well. Also, Maxima is FAR more durable when it comes to piercing attacks. Not saying Wonder Woman is a push over (at least not classic Wondy) but I always had the impression Maxima was superior to her.

As far as other powers relating to this fight, her telekinesis is pretty powerful. When she was weakened and demoralized(Starbreaker had absorbed quite a bit of her energy and the people she ruled kicked her head in), she was capable of manipulating continental plates on a planet that was supposed to be much larger than Earth. During PANIC IN THE SKIES she matched and defeated Brainiac(when he was amped by WarWorld) in a telepathic stand-off.

Allankles
Those Maxima feats make her worthy of a respect thread.

Q99
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Maxima is strong/durable enough that she can hang with Superman(most of the time), and she was the only member of a team including the JLA besides Superman who could hurt Doomsday, and also take hits from him. She was also fast enough to get on the jump on Superman as well.

Ok, nothing there WW hasn't done either.

WW wasn't present during the original Doomsday fight, but has done better against him later.

Yea, better against piercing attacks, but I don't think that'll help her *too* much against a god's sword.

She's still gotta be careful of Medusa's blade and poison. And if she reflexively opens her eyes, she's probably finished.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.