Gruber Vs Lecter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sadako of Girth
In a spin off from Golem370's thread,
Hans Gruber is pitted against Hannibal Lecter.

Lecter is in his cage/trolley with mask.

Gruber is unarmed and has no intention on opening to kill Lecter.

John McClane had being seeing Dr.Lecter about his drinking problems and such (he confided in Lecter after things went to shit with Holly and the kids.) ...before he settled down with Clarice Starling of the FBI.

And Gruber wants to know how to defeat McClane and avenge his earlier defeat at Nakatomi all those years ago.

What Gruber doesnt know is that Lecter is protecting Clarice, who Hans plans to kill with McClane.
So they face off in a battle of wits... Hans trying to get the info and current whereabouts of McClane and his family.....and Hannibal having to outwit him to protect Starling/McClane.

Who is the smarter here?

Rogue Jedi
One outsmarted the FBI. the other was outsmarted by a NY cop. What do you think?

Sadako of Girth
The NY cop that smarted multiple FBI, Seals, Dictators, US military and Secret Services plus TWO Gruber brothers, you mean?

Oh yeah that attempt to mischaracterise won't leave you looking asshat-esque now, will it....? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hans only lost due to Bullet injury... and then gravity... he didn't die cause he was being a dumbass.

Little tip: Next time you attempt to piss on someone else's thread, make sure you've opened your flies FIRST.

stick out tongue

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachments/so-much-gear-so-little-time/172497d1273720288-stupidest-things-you-have-ever-heard-during-session-fergie-piss-pants-1.jpg

Now if you hurry you might just catch the laundromat...

smokin'

Rogue Jedi
No, I realize Mac did all that, but he did so with his smarts, guns, explosives, a Crown Vic, an SUV, and the help of others.

I just can't see Hans ****ing with Lecter's mind. Dude was a machine. Like in 8mm, "Maaaaaaaaaaaaaa-chine."

Sadako of Girth
1) Occasional help.

(Not 'Riggs/Murtaugh type asspartner 24/7 on tap at all times rescued by the same persona all the time until the wife starts having to save him' kinda help.)

And;

2) Guns dont kill people. McClanes with Guns kill people.

3) He did all that killing by himself and killed more than the happy Couple (Happy Trio, if you count Rigg's other saviour Launa) did combined.

4) So Matthew helped McClane on the IT end of things....so what.
Riggs needed Murtaugh and Launa's help PLUS IT help from anyone else he got info from who used a computer.
McClane is STILL better than Riggs at computers.
At least he could use the touchscreen panel at Nakatomi and other basis stuff. Anytime Riggs uses one it shutsdown... Game of 'Three Stooges' anyone..../

Oooops. Nope. Can't play that. Riggs has f***ed it already by touching the keyboard.....Not even keys on the keyboard....just touching the keyboard.....thats how much of a useless, mullet warrior girly boy he is..

Rogue Jedi
Whoa, dude.....PMS much?

ANYhoo......No way in hell Gruber ****s with Lecter's mind. This "battle of wits" is a one punch KO in favor of the Lecter.

Sadako of Girth
LOL SO I forgot to emoticon.
Whilst everything I said was true its all still light hearted.

Premature pre-emptive counter PMS much....?

Anyhoo....can Lecter f**k with Gruber's..?

Rogue Jedi
You act like I don't know you at all, dude. I know your lust to drown in McSemen sometimes overrides your common sense.

Probably so.

Sadako of Girth
Then there was really not much acting at all, was there...? smile

(As proven by your being not only 'way of base', but the field also.)

I can understand how it might seem otherwise somehow, to a man with wizard crust all in his eyes from your many 'Potter' parties, though.

Rogue Jedi
K, so yeah, Lecter makes Hans his *****.

Robtard
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
In a spin off from Golem370's thread,
Hans Gruber is pitted against Hannibal Lecter.

Lecter is in his cage/trolley with mask.

Gruber is unarmed and has no intention on opening to kill Lecter.

John McClane had being seeing Dr.Lecter about his drinking problems and such (he confided in Lecter after things went to shit with Holly and the kids.) ...before he settled down with Clarice Starling of the FBI.

And Gruber wants to know how to defeat McClane and avenge his earlier defeat at Nakatomi all those years ago.

What Gruber doesnt know is that Lecter is protecting Clarice, who Hans plans to kill with McClane.
So they face off in a battle of wits... Hans trying to get the info and current whereabouts of McClane and his family.....and Hannibal having to outwit him to protect Starling/McClane.

Who is the smarter here?

Hard call. I'd say Lecter has the greater mind, but mind-****ing Hans isn't something he'll likely be able to pull off, at least not easily.

Probably end with a stalemate, but I can see Hans losing his temper during the verbal-battle, while Lecter just smiles and ask him about his mother and if he breast-feed.

Overall, edge to Lecter.

Sadako of Girth
Now that, I can get down with.... Just couldn't see it being a no contest/mismatch was all.

Rogue Jedi
Win's a win, dude. One sided, slight edge, win's a win.

Robtard
Now that, I can get down with.... Just couldn't see it being a no contest/mismatch was all.

"So tell me Hans, did you nibble at your mother's breast well past your toddler-years?"

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

"Mr.Lecter....I could talk about Psychology and womens breasts all day...but work must intrude...now giffff me me my McClane detailzz.."

Rogue Jedi
Perhaps you should throw Ellis into the mix, egg them on and shit.

Sadako of Girth
What to see if he is shot or eaten, first... or possibly shot then eaten, you mean...?

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Win's a win, dude. One sided, slight edge, win's a win.

I disagree.

Theres losing, and then theres going out like a punk.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Perhaps you should throw Ellis into the mix, egg them on and shit.

Ellis doesn't have a shred of a chance to get under either evil-genius' skin.

He either ends up with a bullet in his head or with his tongue ripped out. And either Hans or Lecter saying casually "now where were we?"

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Ellis doesn't have a shred of a chance to get under either evil-genius' skin.

He either ends up with a bullet in his head or with his tongue ripped out. And either Hans or Lecter saying casually "now where were we?" It'd be interesting to watch him suffer.

Sadako of Girth
What if Hans returns fire with his classic "You're just an orphan of a bankrupt culture who grew up watching too many Psychiatry moves... Analyse this, What about Bob, and John Wayne movies." attack...?

What Lecter Counterance is there to that?

Rogue Jedi
haermm

Lestov16
Lecter has this in the bag. I don't know why the hell you guys are confusing strategy with psychology. Hans was a smart planner yes, but I don't recall him being able to analyze people's minds, and not only is Hannibal also an amazing strategist arguably on Hans's level, but mindf*#king is his specialty. And not to mention that Lecter is the better planner now that I think about, considering he planned his escape virtually impromptu and actually succeeded, whereas Hans planned his shit for months and still got beat by a spanner in the works. Exactly how the hell is he planning on talking Hannibal in to giving this info up? He's not very persuasive, considering the time he tried to fool McClane and John got the drop on him, and what the hell is he going to threaten Hannibal with. First of all, Hannibal is a man with extraordinary will power. He was stuck in that cell for however many years, and was still calm and patient until he could find the opportunity to escape. And let's not forget that Holly was able to push Han's buttons just by calling him a common thief. Hannibal specializes in pinpointing insecurities. Imagine what He will do. I do not see Hans winning this at all

Robtard
LoLz at massive downplaying of Hans Gruber. That "spanner" in the gears happened to be John McClane.

That's like calling Superman a pussy because kryptonite takes him down.

Sadako of Girth
Hans was repeatedly shown to be manipulative and psychologically explorative as well as a master of mind games.

Hans also pinpoints insecurities too.

Lestov16
Hans was repeatedly shown to be manipulative and psychologically explorative as well as a master of mind games.

Hans also pinpoints insecurities too.

I haven't watched Die Hard since last year, so my intimate knowledge of it is kind of rusty, so could you give me some examples?

Lestov16
Originally posted by Robtard
LoLz at massive downplaying of Hans Gruber. That "spanner" in the gears happened to be John McClane.

That's like calling Superman a pussy because kryptonite takes him down.

Alright. I take that back, but you still have to respect Hannibal's impromptu planning skills and patience, and I don't mean to downplay Hans, but this particular battle is based on being able to access the other's mind, and even if Hans has shown some psychological skills, he's not outclassing Hannibal in that department by any means

However I still stand by what I said about Hans not being able to do shit against Hannibal

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Lestov16
I haven't watched Die Hard since last year, so my intimate knowledge of it is kind of rusty, so could you give me some examples?

The way that he drills Takagi....unsettling him with alternate pleasantries then abuse/threats in a Caring friend/cruel master.... Going from Models and Suits to threats to ruin Takagi AND his suit...
"I Read the article in Forbes" came across as a guilt trip vibe attack on Takagi....Almost like he was subtley trying to convince him to go along with the robbery like it was in fact a donation, rather than a heist.

The way in which he starts psychoanalysing and attempting to deflate McClane, trying to suggest that he was part of a bankrupt culture/society that was subject to delusions of grandure, after years of too many Cowboy films... Hans was using classic ego manipulation.

Which stands to reason, as it worked on him...

Remember his exchange with Holly?

Holly:
"After all your little speeches, after all your posturing.... you're nothing but a common thief...."

Hans explodes forth at Holly, just stopping short of jumping into her face*

Hans:
"I'm an exceptional thief, Mrs.McClane...and since Im upgrading to kidnapping, you should be more polite."

Yes Hans is a classic head game player. He makes his statements, and he uses short periods of tense silence, with hard engaged eye contact for emphasis (Letting the mind of his oppoent take in an psychological process the implications of what he is saying....whilst studying their reactions. The 'Forbes' line was an example of this....

Lestov16
The way that he drills Takagi....unsettling him with alternate pleasantries then abuse/threats in a Caring friend/cruel master.... Going from Models and Suits to threats to ruin Takagi AND his suit...
"I Read the article in Forbes" came across as a guilt trip vibe attack on Takagi....Almost like he was subtley trying to convince him to go along with the robbery like it was in fact a donation, rather than a heist.

The way in which he starts psychoanalysing and attempting to deflate McClane, trying to suggest that he was part of a bankrupt culture/society that was subject to delusions of grandure, after years of too many Cowboy films... Hans was using classic ego manipulation.

Which stands to reason, as it worked on him...

Remember his exchange with Holly?

Holly:
"After all your little speeches, after all your posturing.... you're nothing but a common thief...."

Hans explodes forth at Holly, just stopping short of jumping into her face*

Hans:
"I'm an exceptional thief, Mrs.McClane...and since Im upgrading to kidnapping, you should be more polite."

Yes Hans is a classic head game player. He makes his statements, and he uses short periods of tense silence, with hard engaged eye contact for emphasis (Letting the mind of his oppoent take in an psychological process the implications of what he is saying....whilst studying their reactions. The 'Forbes' line was an example of this....

Indeed you are correct. Hannibal's still whooping his ass though

Sadako of Girth
Thank you. And fair enough. smile

This just made me lol:
http://www.otuk.utu.fi/en/int_advisory_board/gruber.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.