Superman with GL Ring vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Superman has just seen Thanos kill Lois Lane.

Superman has a GL ring and Superman's willpower has been said to be infinite. Who wins?

Bouboumaster
Thanos still murder him

TricksterPriest
Superman wins. superdur I'd give him a majority over Thanos in a fistfight, but with a GL ring, Lois dead, and infinite willpower (which is actually not too far off, given that his will power is very very strong), Thanos is going to be in deep shit.

Comics Cavalade
Thanos.

Black bolt z
Thanos.

Tazer
Yo.

nice fight, but Id say Thanos

Tazer

Eon Blue
Superman

paisapower
Superman

Nihilist
Still Thanos.

PillarofOsiris
Superman caves in Thanos's face.

vince_slice
Thanos.

TricksterPriest
Superman gives himself a sundip via the ring. peaches

paisapower
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Superman caves in Thanos's face.

I agree, too fast,strong,durable and now versatile

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by paisapower
I agree, too fast,strong,durable and now versatile

And in this scenario, way too angry.

Nihilist
I agree, too fast,strong,durable and now versatile Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
And in this scenario, way too angry.
Yeah like he's stronger and more durable than Thor with the power gem,lulz.

I'll wait for the Thor PG lowballin....

bbrem123
thanos smacks supes face off with a backhand

iceman24567
Superman removes the ring then bashes Thanos' fat head open like a walnut

quanchi112
And in this scenario, way too angry. Won't matter.Originally posted by paisapower
I agree, too fast,strong,durable and now versatile Shields.

paisapower
Originally posted by iceman24567
Superman removes the ring then bashes Thanos' fat head open like a walnut

I can see this too

celeyhyga17
The GL ring is about as useless as a ringpop here. What's the point?

Thanos still curbstomps.

zeel
superman himself has said the ring is no more then a trinket to him.

supes gets his ass handed to him this is spite please close the thread before the superman fanboys start with the superman worship......

to late =(

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by zeel
superman himself has said the ring is no more then a trinket to him.

And Thor has said Odin is omnipotent. Juggernaut has called himself unstoppable. The Hulk calls himself the strongest one there is. Spiderman said Sentry stalemated Galactus. And so on. Since when does what a character say mean jack sh**?

zeel
And Thor has said Odin is omnipotent. Juggernaut has called himself unstoppable. The Hulk calls himself the strongest one there is. Spiderman said Sentry stalemated Galactus. And so on. Since when does what a character say mean jack sh**?

your right.

superman still dies.

Slaanesh
Thanos still win..i don't think a GL ring is enough to help Supes overpower Thanos..

TheTyrant
Thanos 10/10.

bbrem123
your right.

superman still dies.

haha thumb up

h1a8
Why does Superman need a GL ring when he can beat Thanos straight up.

Superman has the tools (speed and strength) to net him a win against Thanos.

Speed kills my friends. Remember?

Comics Cavalade
Originally posted by h1a8

Speed kills my friends. Remember? Dude, what are you smoking? Silver Surfer is hella fast and Thanos just knocks him out with casual blasts. I doubt Superman is more durable than Surfer. Thanos can mind rape Superman all day for fun. Then turn him into his herald or a table.

shokosugi
Superman wins WITH or WITHOUT the ring.

mykke
Originally posted by shokosugi
Superman wins WITH or WITHOUT the ring.
Such a fanboy I've never seen you say superman loses.. Thanos still stomps superman is wanked way to hard on this forum.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by mykke
Such a fanboy I've never seen you say superman loses..

And you never will because blitz>all.

Bouboumaster
Thanos slap him like a little *****, and do things to him that would make Doctor Light blush.

Thanos is so much more powerful that Superman that it's not even funny.

mykke
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thanos slap him like a little *****, and do things to him that would make Doctor Light blush.

Thanos is so much more powerful that Superman that it's not even funny.
Agree with this.. And thanos can hang with speedsters has done so plenty of times, not to mention force fields makes supes speed advantage non existent.

Thanos stands cross armed with a smile on his face watching supes not able to touch him. He then pimp slaps him, drains him and kills him. Thanos 10/10

BattleMage
Mad Titan for the kill!

Naija boy
Thanos

KuRuPT Thanosi
So Superman basically becomes SS.. umm yeah...

basilisk
"Ring: scan for weaknesses."
"DETECTED: DRAX WEAKNESS - FATAL FLAW FOUND IN TITAN'S PHYSIOLOGY"
"Ring: target detected weakness with a simultated Drax level attack. Oh, but first, make Thanos' head grow really large in proportion to his body like GL did to the Flash that time. 'Cause man that was some funny stuff."

Originally posted by keiththegreat
Superman has just seen Thanos kill Lois Lane.

Superman has a GL ring and Superman's willpower has been said to be infinite. Who wins? thats hyperbole! and thanos eats him.

aztec
KaL-L doesn't need a GL ring to pound Thanos...

zeel

Speed kills my friends. Remember?

And thats your only argument......speed blitz.................blitz.....blitz.........dont work on theses forums.

my friend. supes dies a horrible death. thanos absolutly destroys supes.

celeyhyga17
And thats your only argument......speed blitz.................blitz.....blitz.........dont work on theses forums.

my friend. supes dies a horrible death. thanos absolutly destroys supes.

You are partly correct..

Apparently, speedblitzes against trans level chars only work for the Flashs in these forums.

rolling on floor laughing

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by aztec
KaL-L doesn't need a GL ring to pound Thanos...

ur right he also needs the PG and RG

aztec
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
ur right THanos needs the PG and RG

Clark would kick his a** with one hand behind his back ... Thanos isn't Darkseid and therefore would sh*t stomp him. I'm glad we agree wink

Philosophía
Lawlz @ Superman not destroying Thanos after having just seen him kill Lois in front of him, even without the ring.

Starscream M

yes, thanos wasnt watered down like seid, so we can still say he walks all over top tiers without special stipulations in the op

Blight
Originally posted by Starscream M
just cuz he's pissed doesn't automatically make him 10x stronger I thought that's how comic physics have always worked confused

Omega Vision
just cuz he's pissed doesn't automatically make him 10x stronger
There's a clear and obvious difference between angry Superman and normal Superman.

Philosophía
just cuz he's pissed doesn't automatically make him 10x stronger Why would he need to get 10x stronger?

Starscream M

kevdude
A pissed Superman would stomp Thanos, hard.

Philosophía
he wouldn't. but how much stronger do you think he gets when pissed?

you made it sound like a pissed superman would just stomp Thanos. It's irrelevant as to how much stronger Superman would get when compared to Thanos - this wouldn't come down to an arm-wrestling contest. Superman would use his speed and Thanos wouldn't stand a chance.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So Lois dying now changes Supes powerset to make him be able to beat Thanos LOL. You don't feel Superman can beat Thanos on a normal day.. Lois dies... and then what happens that he's now able to beat Thanos. This isn't a comic, and on this forum we go by powersets, just so happens that Thanos stomps all over Superman because of this fact. Not Lois dying nor Olson nor anybody changes this fact. Superman tries to blitz.. maybe.. maybe lands some blows.. and then Thanos shields come up and omni directional blasts are fired and Supes goes down. The only thing Superman has on Thanos is speed.. sucks that this won't be enough, and no amount of people dying changes that fact.

Comics Cavalade
Is Thanos Stronger than Superman? Is he more durable? I'm not sure. But he sure seems to have more powers and massive energy manipulation. But he seems to be much slower and not as mobile as Superman. What are some instances of a pissed off Superman? We need a gage.

last time he thought lois died and went out his noodle, wasnt he fighting below his what is expected from him? isnt that the whole argument arround how WW aint really that good and SM would beat her decisively if they were both at their peaks?

paisapower
So Lois dying now changes Supes powerset to make him be able to beat Thanos LOL. You don't feel Superman can beat Thanos on a normal day.. Lois dies... and then what happens that he's now able to beat Thanos. This isn't a comic, and on this forum we go by powersets, just so happens that Thanos stomps all over Superman because of this fact. Not Lois dying nor Olson nor anybody changes this fact. Superman tries to blitz.. maybe.. maybe lands some blows.. and then Thanos shields come up and omni directional blasts are fired and Supes goes down. The only thing Superman has on Thanos is speed.. sucks that this won't be enough, and no amount of people dying changes that fact.

You really think supes cant get through thanos shields and that a simple omni blast is all it takes to overpower supes durability backed by ring ?

KuRuPT Thanosi
You really think supes cant get through thanos shields and that a simple omni blast is all it takes to overpower supes durability backed by ring ?

First, Philo was talking about not even needing the ring to beat Thanos if Lois dies.. so that is the premise and conclusion we are working with and I was responding to. Second, if Thanos shields can take blasts from a pissed of well-fed Galactus and drain him to the point that he needs to go feed just to pierce them... ummmm... yeah.. it will be really hard for Supes to get through them. Of course, there is also the instance of Omega firing a blast that went on for sometime and it not breaking his shields as well. Third, as far as Thanos Omni blasts.. If it can kill a high herald in Warlock with the Reality Gem.. in one shot.. yeah it will hurt Supes and knock him backwards.. if not put him down. Lets say it doesn't put him down.. cool.. it will be enough to get Supes off of him and then go to work from there. So yes to both of your questions.

celeyhyga17

paisapower
First, Philo was talking about not even needing the ring to beat Thanos if Lois dies.. so that is the premise and conclusion we are working with and I was responding to. Second, if Thanos shields can take blasts from a pissed of well-fed Galactus and drain him to the point that he needs to go feed just to pierce them... ummmm... yeah.. it will be really hard for Supes to get through them. Of course, there is also the instance of Omega firing a blast that went on for sometime and it not breaking his shields as well. Third, as far as Thanos Omni blasts.. If it can kill a high herald in Warlock with the Reality Gem.. in one shot.. yeah it will hurt Supes and knock him backwards.. if not put him down. Lets say it doesn't put him down.. cool.. it will be enough to get Supes off of him and then go to work from there. So yes to both of your questions.

I dont see thanos shields standing up to this

http://http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8465/ccf0120201100001.th.jpg

http://http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8958/ccf0120201100002.th.jpg

And I deffintitely dont see thanos standing up to this

http://http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8291/ccf0321201100001.th.jpg

Add the ring and this is overkill

psycho gundam
erm

Comics Cavalade
I dont see thanos shields standing up to this

And I deffintitely dont see thanos standing up to this

http://http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8291/ccf0321201100001.th.jpg

Add the ring and this is overkill I think they should change the name of some of Superman's powers. His vision powers, and sound powers, and speed, and other powers just do stuff that go beyond simple names like heat vision, and super speed.

Bouboumaster
Thanos shield resisted pounding from Champion with the PG, and protected his life from a shot of a pissed-off Galactus. A "weaker-than-Silver-Surfer" character don't stand a chance.

Last time they fought, Thanos took Surfer, gave him a couple of punches, and Surfer died. Basically the same kind of character minus the cosmic awarness doesn't hold a better chance.

And it's more likely that Sups will fight more like a retard with the ring if he's angry that anything else. You're not creative when you're pissed off.

quanchi112

psycho gundam
sick em quan

paisapower
Originally posted by quanchi112
Shields.

Guess you missed the scans I just posted. Unless thanos shields are more impressive than a black holes event horizon, I think that stance is moot

quanchi112
Guess you missed the scans I just posted. Unless thanos shields are more impressive than a black holes event horizon, I think that stance is moot I for one think they are considering a well nourished Galactus depleted vital energies in breaking just one.

h1a8
Originally posted by Comics Cavalade
Dude, what are you smoking? Silver Surfer is hella fast and Thanos just knocks him out with casual blasts. I doubt Superman is more durable than Surfer. Thanos can mind rape Superman all day for fun. Then turn him into his herald or a table.

Here is a lesson for you.

Comics are inconsistent. Characters are often portrayed not using their powers to the fullest extent (or not at all). I can give many examples. That is why the forum rule is that characters must fight to the best of their ability as shown before.

Characters do things against their powers for the sake of the story. Not because they are stupid. Spiderman has dodge bullets, lasers, etc like a day job. But when the story calls for him to get hit by a slow moving enemy then he gets hit. Has nothing to do with anything but the sake of the story (to add adversity).

SS supposedly has FTL reactions, has shields, can phase, and is hella fast. There is no way in the hell Thanos can touch SS if he used his powers like shown before.

Superman is much faster than Thanos. Sure Superman might not use his full speed in the beginning in order to gauge how powerful Thanos is. But when or if Superman takes a hit then Superman will know and adjust accordingly.

Superman can beat Thanos by either

1. Comboing him to ko (eventually and not necessarily right off the bat though)
2. Just plain whipping on Thanos while dodging or avoiding his attacks.

Thanos can't mindrape Superman or SS. They both have resistance to mind attacks. Plus wouldn't that be a rare power for Thanos to use in this fight? If that is the case, then Superman could use his top speed and just combo Thanos to ko right after the bell. You can't have it both ways.

rotiart
Thanos has tagged high herald level characters several times... It's not like him tagging a fast character was a one time event... The one real time Thanos has been surprised by someones speed offthe top
Of my head was the runner who had the space gem so unfair... And squirrel girl which is akin to fighting god. :-P

paisapower
I for one think they are considering a well nourished Galactus depleted vital energies in breaking just one.

So your referring to Galactus mild exertion that had thanos calling out for his mommy ?

quanchi112
So your referring to Galactus mild exertion that had thanos calling out for his mommy ? It wasn't a mild exertion as the dialogue clearly stated. You can ignore what the comics say but deep down you know I'm right.

Thanos also saved 616 reality along with Galactus because of his stupid reactions. Thanos saves abstracts.

paisapower
Originally posted by rotiart
Thanos has tagged high herald level characters several times... It's not like him tagging a fast character was a one time event... The one real time Thanos has been surprised by someones speed offthe top
Of my head was the runner who had the space gem so unfair... And squirrel girl which is akin to fighting god. :-P

You forgot a few, heres one

http://http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1504/acq420.th.jpg

http://http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/808/acq421.th.jpg

zeel
Here is a lesson for you.

Comics are inconsistent. Characters are often portrayed not using their powers to the fullest extent (or not at all). I can give many examples. That is why the forum rule is that characters must fight to the best of their ability as shown before.

Characters do things against their powers for the sake of the story. Not because they are stupid. Spiderman has dodge bullets, lasers, etc like a day job. But when the story calls for him to get hit by a slow moving enemy then he gets hit. Has nothing to do with anything but the sake of the story (to add adversity).

SS supposedly has FTL reactions, has shields, can phase, and is hella fast. There is no way in the hell Thanos can touch SS if he used his powers like shown before.

Superman is much faster than Thanos. Sure Superman might not use his full speed in the beginning in order to gauge how powerful Thanos is. But when or if Superman takes a hit then Superman will know and adjust accordingly.

Superman can beat Thanos by either

1. Comboing him to ko (eventually and not necessarily right off the bat though)
2. Just plain whipping on Thanos while dodging or avoiding his attacks.

Thanos can't mindrape Superman or SS. They both have resistance to mind attacks. Plus wouldn't that be a rare power for Thanos to use in this fight? If that is the case, then Superman could use his top speed and just combo Thanos to ko right after the bell. You can't have it both ways.

Now here's a lesson for you.

thanos>superman and surfer combined and SS>Superman.

nuff said. and to your statment about superman comboing thanos to a K.O I have but one thing to say about this. ROFL. Only in your imagination man.

paisapower

nuff said. and to your statment about superman comboing thanos to a K.O I have but one thing to say about this. ROFL. Only in your imagination man.

That combo to ko outcome is highly likely here

iceman24567
Originally posted by iceman24567
Superman removes the ring then bashes Thanos' fat head open like a walnut /thread

Blight
That combo to ko outcome is highly likely here thumb up

paisapower
Originally posted by Blight
thumb up

And how

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman imo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman imo. How ?

Prep-Man
Supes.

Rage.Of.Olympus
How ?

The combination of an all out Superman's strength, speed, as well as the power of a Green Lantern backed by Clark's will.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The combination of an all out Superman's strength, speed, as well as the power of a Green Lantern backed by Clark's will. When has anyone's strength around his level given him pause ? Do you feel this combination makes him more powerful than Odin when he took Thanos on ?

Also, he can at any time erect shields, tk like he did against the Fallen One.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Nihilist
Yeah like he's stronger and more durable than Thor with the power gem,lulz.

I'll wait for the Thor PG lowballin....
I love Thanos, and I could be wrong but, I theorize that the only reason he was able to stand up to Thor with the Power gem is because at the same time Thanos himself, as the "secret" member of the Infinite Watch, was in possession of the Reality gem.

-Pr-
When has anyone's strength around his level given him pause ? Do you feel this combination makes him more powerful than Odin when he took Thanos on ?

Also, he can at any time erect shields, tk like he did against the Fallen One.

Odin beat Thanos, though.

gogogadgetgo
wait wut? how can a gl ring give superman a better chance at fighting thanos? sure a gl is awsome! superman is...superman..but putting them together would do shit. its like, instead of one six yr old taking on the rock, we now have two six yr olds taking on the rock. it wont do shit.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
Odin beat Thanos, though. If by beat you mean both standing there wanting more then yes. The bio confirmed this as did the comic. Odin was winning but the fight wasn't decided yet by any means.

Omega Vision
Superman

PillarofOsiris
I love it when people try to spin the Odin-Thanos fight into a win for Thanos. Even disregarding the beat down Odin put on Thanos, and the lack of ANY damage Thanos did to Odin, AND the help Thanos had against Odin (it wasn't one on one).....Odin clearly has the better feats between the two. Even if Thanos HAD BEAT Odin (which he clearly didn't), I would consider it to be PIS much like Spiderman beating Firelord. That's how out of Odin's league Thanos is based on fights.

Naija boy
Thanos

Philosophía
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
A really really pissed off chiuahuah does not give it the ability to kill a rottweiler. True. But what does this have to do with Superman/Thanos?

Blight
So now Superman is the Chiuahuah to Thanos' rottweiler?

-Pr-
If by beat you mean both standing there wanting more then yes. The bio confirmed this as did the comic. Odin was winning but the fight wasn't decided yet by any means.

He won. Your denial won't change that.

If you want, Bada and I could add it to the character ruling thread we're working on.

Starscream M

If you want, Bada and I could add it to the character ruling thread we're working on. Odin had to resort to gugnir though

PillarofOsiris
If by beat you mean both standing there wanting more then yes. The bio confirmed this as did the comic. Odin was winning but the fight wasn't decided yet by any means.

Fairly recently Thor took a blast from Galactus and stood back up. Does that mean they stalemated?

WHAAM!
Originally posted by Brockalizer
I love Thanos, and I could be wrong but, I theorize that the only reason he was able to stand up to Thor with the Power gem is because at the same time Thanos himself, as the "secret" member of the Infinite Watch, was in possession of the Reality gem.

You really think writers think about things like that? It's your theory based on probably worrying more about things like that than the writer. The reason feats fluctuate so much, is each writer has a different take on each character. This even goes as deep as who the writers think should be the character e.g. Geoff Johns 80's revival etc.

h1a8

What you don't understand is that

Thanos > Superman doesn't mean
Thanos will beat Superman.

Rock, paper, scissors, remember?

It's the law of the universe. Someone can just have the tools to win against another and not necessarily be greater than them.

Odin had to resort to gugnir though

IMO the whole fight was PIS. Odin, although he won, seriously jobbed to Thanos, plain and simple. There were no galaxies being destroyed, not even planets.

psycho gundam
Thanos > Superman

quanchi112

If you want, Bada and I could add it to the character ruling thread we're working on. When two characters are ready for more no one lost. Odin respected him and was unable to ko or beat him into submission. Now I admit Odin was winning but no one won the fight. There was no winner when two foes are waiting for more when someone else stopped the fight.

Fairly recently Thor took a blast from Galactus and stood back up. Does that mean they stalemated? That's completely different than fighting someone one on one for an entire comic with no one being ko'd or beaten.

-Pr-
When two characters are ready for more no one lost. Odin respected him and was unable to ko or beat him into submission. Now I admit Odin was winning but no one won the fight. There was no winner when two foes are waiting for more when someone else stopped the fight.

That's completely different than fighting someone one on one for an entire comic with no one being ko'd or beaten.

Bada and I have already ruled.

quanchi112
Bada and I have already ruled. I'm not getting you anything for cmas this year, brother.

Black bolt z
So now Superman is the Chiuahuah to Thanos' rottweiler? Superman would be more a shitzu.

Thanos still wins epically here.

TricksterPriest
Wait....does nobody understand how much damage an unleashed Superman can do?

If he kills Lois in front of him, Superman will obliterate him. This will be an assrape of epic proportions. What did to Mongul in PC, back in "For the man who has everything" (which I think is back in canon) would be miniscule compared to what happens to Thanos.

Superman isn't holding back. You just put him into UNSTOPPABLE RAGE. erm

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

If he kills Lois in front of him, Superman will obliterate him. This will be an assrape of epic proportions. What did to Mongul in PC, back in "For the man who has everything" (which I think is back in canon) would be miniscule compared to what happens to Thanos.

Superman isn't holding back. You just put him into UNSTOPPABLE RAGE. erm

Still, his face would be pretty damn stoppable when Thanos throw in some punches for good measure.

TricksterPriest
Superman would do a punch catch, and break Thanos's fist.

TheTyrant
Thanos stomps.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Thanos gets stomped.

FTFY.

TheTyrant
Whatever you say.

quanchi112

Superman isn't holding back. You just put him into UNSTOPPABLE RAGE. erm Which he wasn't in ww 219. You putting him into an uncontrollable rage hurts him more than anything especially against someone as calm, cool, and collected as Thanos.

paisapower
Supes takes off the ring to give Thanos a chance

quanchi112
Supes takes off the ring to give Thanos a chance Based on ?

paisapower
Based on ?

Superspeed and superstrength silly

quanchi112
Superspeed and superstrength silly Shields. That can negate any speed blitz. Read his fight with the fallen one and see how he stopped him dead in his tracks. Thanos is too smart to fall victim to superstrength and superspeed whereas Superman will be at a huge disadvantge since he's grief stricken and victim to a rage which eliminates his critical thinking.

paisapower
Shields. That can negate any speed blitz. Read his fight with the fallen one and see how he stopped him dead in his tracks. Thanos is too smart to fall victim to superstrength and superspeed whereas Superman will be at a huge disadvantge since he's grief stricken and victim to a rage which eliminates his critical thinking.

Superman can get through his shields. And as for the fallen one fight,the fallen one took himself out so I dont know what the big deal is

quanchi112
Superman can get through his shields. And as for the fallen one fight,the fallen one took himself out so I dont know what the big deal is So Superman can get through his shields that taxed Galactus himself ? Fallen one was a sitting duck and Thanos didn't want to kill him. Superman doesn't have that luxury here.

paisapower
So Superman can get through his shields that taxed Galactus himself ? Fallen one was a sitting duck and Thanos didn't want to kill him. Superman doesn't have that luxury here.

Again, The fallen one ko'd himself, so what if Thanos didnt want to kill a defenseless sap.

And as for thanos shields, theyre not standing up to this

Sr J-Bieb
Again, The fallen one ko'd himself, so what if Thanos didnt want to kill a defenseless sap.

http://http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8958/ccf0120201100002.th.jpg That's not even a good feat in comics...

You might as well have shown him exiting a black hole. Actually, that would have been better according to the logic used there.

paisapower
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
That's not even a good feat in comics...

You might as well have shown him exiting a black hole. Actually, that would have been better according to the logic used there.

All I needed to show was Supes ability to get through shields more powerful than Thanos

quanchi112

http://http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8958/ccf0120201100002.th.jpg The point is he couldn't touch Thanos just like Superman here.

Those feats aren't that impressive compared to his Galactus shield.

TricksterPriest
It pains me to admit it, but Quan is correct about Superman being angry and Thanos staying calm favoring Thanos. But then, when the chips are down, Superman is more tranquil fury when he's pushed too far.

Like when he beat "The Elite."

paisapower
The point is he couldn't touch Thanos just like Superman here.

Those feats aren't that impressive compared to his Galactus shield.

Im sorry,but unless you can prove how powerful galactus blast was its unquantifiable. Let me guess , since Galactus is high end it must have been a galaxy buster ?

quanchi112
Im sorry,but unless you can prove how powerful galactus blast was its unquantifiable. Let me guess , since Galactus is high end it must have been a galaxy buster ? It's definitely well above anything an elite top tier is capable of. he was also noted as being well nourished. While weakened Galactus has stomped a mudhole through earth's combined forces before.

paisapower
It's definitely well above anything an elite top tier is capable of. he was also noted as being well nourished. While weakened Galactus has stomped a mudhole through earth's combined forces before.

Ya,well unfortunately for you the Galactus in this series is the one that had something like a 70% probability of not surviving the collision of 2 planets

quanchi112
Ya,well unfortunately for you the Galactus in this series is the one that had something like a 70% probability of not surviving the collision of 2 planets So the context is lost upon you I take it and the blast destroyed a being capable of consuming the entire 616 reality.

Blight
Have you ever voted against Thanos?

kevdude
Have you ever voted against Thanos?

laughing out loud Thats a funny one Blight.

TricksterPriest
I think he did against high end abstracts, Void, and maybe Odin. stick out tongue

Then again......this is the same guy who said Thanos's will is superior to Lucifer and The Presence. roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
IMO... Superman will>Thanos will.

As for the fight, Thanos stomps.

Blight
I think he did against high end abstracts, Void, and maybe Odin. stick out tongue

Then again......this is the same guy who said Thanos's will is superior to Lucifer and The Presence. roll eyes (sarcastic) That just sounds like a DC hater to me.

REALLY!?!?!? Lucifer and................................ The ****ing PRESENCE!?!?!?! So apparently now Thanos > Present Day God? Because I'm pretty sure that's what the Presence is supposed to represent.......

TricksterPriest
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=476010&from=thread&pagenumber=4#post10105233

Read it yourself. I cannot make this crap up. no

Blight
About to do that now.

............................................................... Good Lord.............

basilisk
Ya,well unfortunately for you the Galactus in this series is the one that had something like a 70% probability of not surviving the collision of 2 planets Originally posted by quanchi112
So the context is lost upon you I take it and the blast destroyed a being capable of consuming the entire 616 reality. And that was why the ending of that story kind of sucked. In the cosmic scheme of things it wasn't even a very large explosion compared to stars going nova etc. And adding a nuclear arsenal to two planets colliding at that speed? Probably like throwing match on a bonfire. More Thanos brilliance.

Galactus was presumably at a relatively low power level if he had only 60% chance of surviving (or Thanos got his calculations wrong again). And the Hunger didn't end up being all that impressive based on that - maybe his durability wasn't all that. Thanos wisely got the hell out of there though. It was the pretty typical simplistic Thanos plan that Starlin did in his later years and I was glad it was his last issue because the stuff after was slightly more interesting.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
IMO... Superman will>Thanos will.

As for the fight, Thanos stomps. Based on ?

Originally posted by basilisk
And that was why the ending of that story kind of sucked. In the cosmic scheme of things it wasn't even a very large explosion compared to stars going nova etc. And adding a nuclear arsenal to two planets colliding at that speed? Probably like throwing match on a bonfire. More Thanos brilliance.

Galactus was presumably at a relatively low power level if he had only 60% chance of surviving (or Thanos got his calculations wrong again). And the Hunger didn't end up being all that impressive based on that - maybe his durability wasn't all that. Thanos wisely got the hell out of there though. It was the pretty typical simplistic Thanos plan that Starlin did in his later years and I was glad it was his last issue because the stuff after was slightly more interesting. Everything varies from writer to writer. We see that durability wise doesn't match up to power levels and I think of it as a plot device kinda thing.

The Hunger also wasn't completely destroyed but I doubt we will ever see the likes of him again.

Deadline
You know what Supes might just win this. I'm thinking though the rage might actually hinder the use of the ring.

paisapower
Originally posted by Deadline
You know what Supes might just win this. I'm thinking though the rage might actually hinder the use of the ring.

I dont think the rage will cloud him at all

http://http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/7867/ccf0328201100000.th.jpg

TricksterPriest
Manchester Black. thumb up Who wrote those stories with the elite? See, that right there, is what happens when he's angry. He's calm and collected.

"That man won't quit as long as he can still draw a breath. None of my teammates will. Me? I've got a different problem. I feel like I live in a world made of... cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control even for a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose and show you just how powerful I really am."

We would see a world of cardboard speech. Followed by an epic asskicking.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WorldOfCardboardSpeech big grin durw00t

paisapower
Manchester Black. thumb up Who wrote those stories with the elite?

Joe Kelly

paisapower
Im with Jim Starlin.

Its evident from from these two arcs which he wrote a coulple years apart and which have the same feel about them as to who he thinks is on a higher level. He seems to treat superman more like someone else

http://http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/7369/ccf0328201100001.th.jpg

http://http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7226/ccf0328201100002.th.jpg

Compare to

http://http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/925/ccf0328201100004.th.jpg

http://http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8702/ccf0328201100003.th.jpg

Our work has actually already been done for us stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
durpalm God I hate Starlin. Thank god DOTNG was retconned out.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Actually it was never retconned out at all Trick. No matter how much you want it to be, it was NEVER EVER officially rectonned at all. Nice try though and wishful thinking

TricksterPriest
Excuse me? You obviously missed the part in FC: Secret origins where Morrison said the anti-life entity doesn't exist, THEREBY NEGATING THE ENTIRE STORY.

KuRuPT Thanosi
False... It didn't negate the whole thing.. and no amount of wishing on your part changes that fact. Please show me an official recton statement from DC

Allankles
Some things do suggest that the event was almost completely retconned e.g. the whole war in heaven wouldn't have happened in the manner that DOTNG depicted. So where DOTNG fits is difficult to determine, although the time paradox caused by the war might be an explanation.

TricksterPriest
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1863531/ale1.jpg.html

Here's your retcon, Kurupt.

Deadline
Grant Morrison gets on my nerves.

KuRuPT Thanosi
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1863531/ale1.jpg.html

Here's your retcon, Kurupt.

So nothing eh Trick.. thought so. As Allan pointed out.. there is no recton. Only hopes of one and some continuity questions.. that doesn't equate to a full recton. Problems and question occur in comics all the time.. yet we don't go... yet it was rectonned this or rectonned that for issues such as these.. if so.. we would be doing so all the time.

Allankles
I do think aspects of DOTNG were retconned (Source entity for certain, in two ways - what is said in the Secret Files and secondly what was said about Supes perception), but the event seems to have happened.

However, it doesn't represents the war in heaven that precipitates the situation of Seven Soldiers of Victory and by extension FC.

kevdude
Originally posted by Allankles
Some things do suggest that the event was almost completely retconned e.g. the whole war in heaven wouldn't have happened in the manner that DOTNG depicted. So where DOTNG fits is difficult to determine, although the time paradox caused by the war might be an explanation.

thumb up Do you believe the Anti Life Entity still exists?? I believe it possibly could.

Allankles
Kevdude:

I don't think the AL entity exists. Simply because the Source is an ultimate concept (basically God) and can't be halved, divided etc.

Although I'm not sure it's fair to retcon the whole of Cosmic Odyssey, which was a better effort by Stalin in comparison to DOTNG.

kevdude
Yeah I don't believe it to be the other side of The Source, since it can't really be divided. I think its just what Superman (or us) could comprehend as we saw the events. Could it (AL Entity) be alive?? I doubt that would be kept but it seemed Darkseid still didn't understand the true horror he unleashed on the universe, it broke time and space allowing DS to fall into the multiverse and which it began to break down from his presence. This correct?

TricksterPriest
Darkseid broke time and space with his fall and his power. The ALE let him twist the broken space/time into his will.

It was Darkseid's last **** you to the multiverse that he chose to take the DCU down with him as he died.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Trickster you need to get your facts STRAIGHT.. DS NEVER broke time and space EVER. It was stated on panel THE WAR broke time and space and then again on panel it was stated the ALE being broadcast broke it further. At NO POINT did DS break time and space AT ALL. I swear you love twisting FC to make DS seem multiversal and like an abstract.. problem is he did NOTHING to displayed any multiversal feats or abstract level feats even. None.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>