Heralds run Mid-tier Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Each of the following heralds run through a gauntlet where they battle a squadron of mid-tier metas. Who can defeat the mid-tier team?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contestants:

- Superman

- Thor

- Wonder Woman

- Silver Surfer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mid-tier team:

Apocalypse, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Nova, Namor, and Iron Man

TheTyrant
None of them can.

Naija boy
Silver surfer

TheLordofMurder
If the Heralds mean business and are not holding back, they all clear except Wonder Woman...

Q99
I don't think even not-holding back they'd be able to manage against that team.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Surfer, Thor, and Clark could possibly do it on a really good day although Magneto would be a large problem for Clark (I'd give him the majority over Superman on a day to day basis personally).

Diana's out of her depth here.

Q99
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Diana's out of her depth here.

Mm, while the least powerful, she's also the best tactician of the lot.

That said, I think they're all out of their depth here. Magneto, Apoc, and Nova? Those three alone will easily have the edge, and meanwhile they're giving Doom time to get ready, and IM's new armor or Namor are nothing to laugh at either...

Naija boy
^ Fighting to full potential on the forum surfers definitely got the best chance out of the lot though and thats a pretty good chance indeed. The surfer Nova fight showed just how far above nova surfer really is, Moreover, his exotic powers are good to take out a bunch of the cats on the team.

Thor might be good to do it as well if he actually fought with some sense but the presence of magneto might be a bit of a problem for him.

Id say mags and doom screw with supermans chances as well

GRIMNIR
None of them alone could beat that team of 6.

Silver Surfer would fair best

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Starscream M
Each of the following heralds run through a gauntlet where they battle a squadron of mid-tier metas. Who can defeat the mid-tier team?
Contestants:

- Superman

- Thor

- Wonder Woman

- Silver Surfer

Mid-tier team:
Apocalypse, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Nova, Namor, and Iron Man

How are Dr. Doom, Nova Prime, and Magneto mid-tier metas??! Wtf?!? Three of them alone can destroy anyone from the list... Add in Apocalypse, Iron Man, and Namor??? That's a stomp...

dmills
@ Naija,

Prior to the Nova/Surfer confrontation, the WM had been secretly siphoning power from Nova to empower other centurions, So dude wasn't exactly firing in all cylinders.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1301157675291.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1301157649447.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1301157618745.jpg

Last we saw him he had the full load, including Philos' portion. A confrontation now may go a little differently.

On another note, getting those scans you asked for is proving a bit more difficult then I thought. The older stuff is fine, but some of the later stuff reaks of 90's full page spread action, so it's harder to scan properly.

Here's one for the lulz though:

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_2011-03-24085704.jpg

dmills
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
How are Dr. Doom, Nova Prime, and Magneto mid-tier metas??! Wtf?!? Three of them alone can destroy anyone from the list... Add in Apocalypse, Iron Man, and Namor??? That's a stomp... Oh snap I didn't even see that! Nova and Mags mid tier metas? laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Q99
Mm, while the least powerful, she's also the best tactician of the lot.

That said, I think they're all out of their depth here. Magneto, Apoc, and Nova? Those three alone will easily have the edge, and meanwhile they're giving Doom time to get ready, and IM's new armor or Namor are nothing to laugh at either...

In the sense that she uses her head more often? Sure, she has to. But when it comes down to it, I don't think she's a better tactician in battle than Superman and Thor. Probably superior to Norrin though.

I think if Surfer, Thor, and Clark are on a really good day, they could do it. Thor and Clark at least have done crazier things. Either way, either of them certainly have a better chance than Diana.

Team takes it 10/10 against Diana. 7-10/10 against the rest individually on a regular basis.

dmills
In the sense that she uses her head more often? Sure, she has to. But when it comes down to it, I don't think she's a better tactician in battle than Superman and Thor. Probably superior to Norrin though.

I think if Surfer, Thor, and Clark are on a really good day, they could do it. Thor and Clark at least have done crazier things. Either way, either of them certainly have a better chance than Diana.

Team takes it 10/10 against Diana. 7-10/10 against the rest individually on a regular basis.

thumb up

On a really good day in a comic book maybe. On a forum they get stomped hard. Imo of course.

Oh, I read it (IM/Thor 4). It makes sense for the destroyer to be able to do that. I just don't like that it implies a certain degree of control Asgard has over other pantheons. That's just me though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by dmills
thumb up

On a really good day in a comic book maybe. On a forum they get stomped hard. Imo of course.

Oh, I read it (IM/Thor 4). It makes sense for the destroyer to be able to do that. I just don't like that it implies a certain degree of control Asgard has over other pantheons. That's just me though.

Well, if I use them at their best or highest level I could make an argument no doubt. Along with being the greatest heralds, they have the greatest feats, so that helps. And like I said, they've done crazier things. It's not impossible. Just very unlikely.

Finally. The one thing that I didn't like was Thor channeling the transformation energies through Iron Man. I get the entire science/magic combination but it felt like that scene was thrown in purely because it was a team book. Just my -probably biased- opinion.

Heh, yea, I liked how the Destroyer could drain the power of all the other pantheons with them having no say in the matter. Did you notice that it was manipulating the fabric of reality (IIRC we see Olympus and other places changing) before even the power drain? Pretty uber.

Oh yea, the Evolutionary came off as a real b*tch in this.

Naija boy
thumb up

hmm, in a comic i see it as being a lot closer. on a forum is the oly chance they would have with surfer having the best shot due to his exotic powers. With his matter manip, he could take out mags,namor and iron man relatively quickly.

dmills
Well, if I use them at their best or highest level I could make an argument no doubt. Along with being the greatest heralds, they have the greatest feats, so that helps. And like I said, they've done crazier things. It's not impossible. Just very unlikely.

Finally. The one thing that I didn't like was Thor channeling the transformation energies through Iron Man. I get the entire science/magic combination but it felt like that scene was thrown in purely because it was a team book. Just my -probably biased- opinion.

Heh, yea, I liked how the Destroyer could drain the power of all the other pantheons with them having no say in the matter. Did you notice that it was manipulating the fabric of reality (IIRC we see Olympus and other places changing) before even the power drain? Pretty uber.

Oh yea, the Evolutionary came off as a real b*tch in this. I can dig it.

I too thought it was cheesy but that's typical DnA. They won't wank one guy at the expense of another. Just won't do it.

Yeah I figured you'd like the implications of that laughing out loud

You just had to bring that up didn't you sad I guess that shows that he's closer to your projection then mine. And... carver... and... Colossus big c. Phuck I was in some pretty poor company lol. Oh well, ce la vie.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I can dig it.

I too thought it was cheesy but that's typical DnA. They won't wank one guy at the expense of another. Just won't do it.

Yeah I figured you'd like the implications of that laughing out loud

You just had to bring that up didn't you sad I guess that shows that he's closer to your projection then mine. And... carver... and... Colossus big c. Phuck I was in some pretty poor company lol. Oh well, ce la vie.

Shame.

You were correct. The Destroyer = Omnipotent reality warping power = Me happy.

Course. Meh, I think the majority of the time his around mid to high herald in terms of power. He has a high showing or two but whatever. Lol yea, should have given you a clue.

leonidas
hrm, that's tough. on average ss likely has the best chances with his matter manip and ability to attack at the greatest distance for the most effect. thor COULD beat them. kal COULD. in general, using just average showings, team takes all of them for the majority though i think. except MAYBE ss.

Philosophía
Superman clears it.

The others don't, ask for help from Superman, who comes back and clears it a second time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.