Which hero stays up the longest to get the job done?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
For me one of the things i love the most about these comic characters is that even though they are all "super" they still have the same weaknesses like us in that they need sleep. One of the things i like is when they have to spend days without rest to find an antidote against some villains schemes or designing/upgrading their arsenal to better take on a new situation. So which heroes come to mind? Right at the top of my head i would have to say batman when he spends 3 days no rest to confront superman. My favorite is spiderman when he is either modifying his web formula, or making slight adjustments to his costume to take on baddies.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Scarlet315
My favorite is spiderman when he is either modifying his web formula, or making slight adjustments to his costume to take on baddies. thumb up

Omega Vision
Batman. I don't think the guy really sleeps.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Batman. I don't think the guy really sleeps. Unless Robin is around shifty

Konton
Elektra has this thing about getting drugged up and sleep deprived and having to kill people anyway.

carver9
Superman imo. He is always on the clock.

SamZED
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Unless Robin is around shifty laughing

CosmicComet
Reed Richards.

Can't stand him though.

SquallX
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Unless Robin is around shifty

Which Robin.shifty

Anansi
I say Punisher he cant take time off of killing scum.

-Pr-
Superman doesn't need to sleep, so he sort of has an unfair advantage.

Batman defies human biology by taking ten minute power naps every so often. That's the most impressive I've seen from a supposed "human" in comics.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman doesn't need to sleep, so he sort of has an unfair advantage.

Batman defies human biology by taking ten minute power naps every so often. That's the most impressive I've seen from a supposed "human" in comics.

surfer doesnt have to sleep as well afaik. batman is...batman..so he also has an unfair advantage stick out tongue

complexbrother
Galactus never sleeps.

http://kungfurodeo.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/galactus_wide.jpg

bbrem123
actually classic sentry didnt seem to ever stop

Eternal Idol
The Punisher in his most recent arc went at least two full weeks without sleep. Of all the human characters, I think Castle's sheer determination is tops.

Mindset
Originally posted by carver9
Superman imo. He is always on the cock.

carver9
Originally posted by Mindset

laughing

JakeTheBank
Dr. Doom.

awesome

SpiritStalker
Sentry

Lord_Talron
daredevil. he spends all night hunting people down and then prepares and argues successfully in court during the day. imba.

the ninjak
Yeah I'm going with DD and Spidey. Supes and Bats are too crazy to comprehend day jobs and women.

Lord_Talron
yea i suppose batman doesnt count when he doesnt really have any daytime responsibilities

the ninjak
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
yea i suppose batman doesnt count when he doesnt really have any daytime responsibilities

And as an Investigative Journalist Clark can just solve crimes by using his powers at great speeds and get paid all while oogling Lois.

Being a successful lawyer and vigilante would be nuts.

Q99
daredevil. he spends all night hunting people down and then prepares and argues successfully in court during the day. imba.

Yea, unlike some of the others his day job requires a lot of work!

She-Hulk has the same job, but she doesn't patrol as constantly, mainly responding to bigger smashier villains.

Omega Vision
But he does. He has to spend his days pretending to enjoy having sex with models and driving sports cars and flying private jets to exotic locales to have sex with models.

Also he has to give speeches and make public appearances. All in all I'd say Batman as Bruce Wayne has his share of public responsibilites.

Scarlet315
I forgot about tony stark and There's
An image of Parker working on a cosmic cube

Supermex
Is Frank Castle addicted to 5hour energy shots?

DarkSaint85
Batman has gone on for four days, without a break. No food, sleep etc:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Intellect-Resources/Resources/batmanrobin23-nonstopbatfun.jpg

Nah, four days is weaksauce. How about SEVEN days, whilst tortured, chained, and drugged? In Batman Eternal, he was still able to break the water pipe that he was chained to, whilst sending a guy flying with a kick:

Flyattractor
I could say Judge Dredd. I recall one story where he started it out with the Line. "Just pulled a 90 Hour shift, calling it a day." ..but then I remember the title of the thread says "hero" and Judge Dredd aint a Hero.

So I got nobobdy.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by bbrem123
actually classic sentry didnt seem to ever stop
Probably why he developed mental problems..

golem370
https://www.google.com/search?q=hulk+fighting+for+days&client=tablet-android-sprint-us&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjHtbHZvMDPAhWPdSYKHUJVDjsQ_AUIBygB&biw=1024&bih=600#tbm=isch&q=hulk+fighting+Hela+for+days&imgrc=1_0TOUnPpSwpJM%3Ala Hulk fighting Hela's horda for days.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by golem370
https://www.google.com/search?q=hulk+fighting+for+days&client=tablet-android-sprint-us&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjHtbHZvMDPAhWPdSYKHUJVDjsQ_AUIBygB&biw=1024&bih=600#tbm=isch&q=hulk+fighting+Hela+for+days&imgrc=1_0TOUnPpSwpJM%3Ala Hulk fighting Hela's horda for days.

Not impressive cause characters like Hulk have written in Cheats.

golem370
He is taking on a horde of I believe demon maybe low level ones but still.

DarkSaint85
Yah but he has a HF that is second only to people like Wolvy etc....he should technically be able to do it forever

LGU
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I could say Judge Dredd. I recall one story where he started it out with the Line. "Just pulled a 90 Hour shift, calling it a day."

I can recall him pulling 96 hour and 100 hour shifts before sleeping on separate occasions. He also fought non-stop for over a week during the Robot Wars, and during the Cursed Earth saga fought a pitched gun battle for four days and four nights before walking/crawling (due to a gunshot wound and blood loss) across over 60 miles of desert across a period of days with no rest or sustenance.

Dredd has definitely got the goods stamina-wise.

As to whether he is a hero or not, that's another matter. Certainly not by our standards, but by the standards of Mega-City One? Hmm. He might be a figure of terrifying fear for a lot of people, and he has a body count that puts anyone this side of Thanos to shame... but he has also saved the city and even planet from horrifying ends many times over. He's also been arguably the driving force for positive legal change in the city (he single-handedly pushed through a democratic referendum on the continuation of the Judge system, single-handedly pushed through the repealing of anti-mutant legislation etc). He might not be a hero as we know it, but Mega-City One would be a much, much worse place than it already is if Dredd hadn't been around all these years.

Cheers.

DarkSaint85
Here's the showing. Seven days and night with no sleep, tortured...he still gets the job done:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Endurance/Stamina/batmaneternal17-thecult1.jpg~original

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Endurance/Stamina/batmaneternal17-thecult4.jpg~original

That's 168 hours, no sleep, eating wafers and water, tortured...and still being able to break a water pipe, and send a grown man flying with a kick.

Why? Because Batman, that's why.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.