Asterix and Obelix Vs. Classic powerman and Ironfist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WHAAM!
The french Duo vs the Kun lun kid and the ex con.

Omega Vision
Classic Powerman was Class 3 wasn't he?

Idk. Being half Belgian I grew up reading Asterix and nostalgia makes me want to give them the nod stick out tongue

WHAAM!
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Classic Powerman was Class 3 wasn't he?

Idk. Being half Belgian I grew up reading Asterix and nostalgia makes me want to give them the nod stick out tongue

Classic could just about lift a car. I want the guy in the blue and white striped pants to lay the smack down also.

Omega Vision
I can't remember what their durability was like though. I know they were strong enough to knock columns of Roman Legionairres down and out like dominos and lift, crush, and throw boulders.

I want to say Obelix once lifted and tossed a Trireme, which would make him Low Class 100+, but my memory is hazy.

BigSid
Classic Cage was a class 3, one of his best strength feats back then was lifting a Truck Cab Sans engine over his head.

Obelix was never shown to come up against something he couldn't lift, and entire cohorts of Legionaries fell before him.

His job was making Menhirs which he carved out of rock on his own and has been shown effortlessly holding one in each hand, those things were taller than he was and would have easily weighed a couple of tons apiece.

He was shown swimming at superhuman speeds, I want to say towing a pirate galley but I couldn't be sure without digging out my old Asterix books.

The running gag was that he and Asterix routinely sunk the Pirates Galley every time they came across it.

The magic Potion also granted super speed as shown by both Asterix and Obelix and even though the Romans were armed to the teeth they were never psychically harmed in combat.

Asterix is Obelix's equal when he drinks the potion so I would give them a majority over Classic Power man and Iron Fist.

BigSid
Sorry wouldn't let me edit!

Thinking about it in the 12 tasks of Asterix, a little Judo dude did beat Obelix hand to hand by using his own strength against him so Danny would be the one that gave them the hardest time.

Omega Vision
I agree, I think either of them could take Classic Luke, but Danny is another matter.

WHAAM!
I agree, I think either of them could take Classic Luke, but Danny is another matter.

Yup, I also agree with you guys.

the rocks and stone blocs the deintegrated and tossed about make them class 50 at the very least. probably class 100 though. danny would be troublesome, but asterix (who hs more speed feats) could blitz him and IIRC he did beat the tiny judo guy in 12 works.

I say asterix puts IF down and obelix BFRs with a belly bounce.

excellent thread btw

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
the rocks and stone blocs the deintegrated and tossed about make them class 50 at the very least. probably class 100 though. danny would be troublesome, but asterix (who hs more speed feats) could blitz him and IIRC he did beat the tiny judo guy in 12 works.

excellent thread btw
They sell these comics in Brazil?

They sell these comics in Brazil? yeah, they're huge here. I got most of their titles

BigSid
Originally posted by 753

excellent thread btw

Obelix has some pretty good speed feats too smile

Asterix beat the Judo guy by outsmarting him, he asked him to show him how he did that and then asked if he could try it on out on him and used his own move against him without any resistance.

I don't see Danny falling for that smile

Originally posted by BigSid
Obelix has some pretty good speed feats too smile

Asterix beat the Judo guy by outsmarting him, he asked him to show him how he did that and then asked if he could try it on out on him and used his own move against him without any resistance.

I don't see Danny falling for that smile knowing that particular judo trick will be enough MA for this

BigSid
Originally posted by 753
knowing that particular judo trick will be enough MA for this

Maybe, they are both definitely faster than Danny, he is the guy that's going to give them the most trouble.

Classic Danny was left depleted after using the Iron Fist too and I'm not sure the Iron Fist would be enough to take one of them out of the fight.

Which would leave a drained Danny and two super fast, super strong guys, not good!

Despite it being stated that the magic potion doesn't give the drinker invulnerability Obelix especially seems very hard to hurt (although he did get hit in the butt with an arrow and yelp once IIRC)

jalek moye
it's classic Iron Fist also? Like the one from the original power man and Iron Fist?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by jalek moye
it's classic Iron Fist also? Like the one from the original power man and Iron Fist?
That seems to be the case.

jalek moye
So what are the cut off dates for these versions? Their vol 1 and 2 selves?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by jalek moye
So what are the cut off dates for these versions? Their vol 1 and 2 selves?
Idk, the OP is banned.

Would there be a major difference depending on where the cutoff date was?

jalek moye
With Luke not so much since he began getting actual upgrades. But Iron Fist was steadily geting better as the years went by before he got an official upgrade.

BigSid
I would say "Classic" should cover their solo runs and their first run as Powerman and Iron Fist, so covers the 70s and early 80s.

But we will never know for sure as the OP is banned

Omega Vision
So perhaps we should debate with two scenarios in mind, one with the Vol 1 chars and one with later "Classic" incarnations.

Cap Capitalism
I'd take Kun Lun Kid and ex con to mean it's early in the PM/IF initial run.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.