Rooster Cogburn/Rooster Cogburn versus William Munny/Josey Wales

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Both versions of Rooster Cogburn (John Wayne and Jeff Bridges) versus William Munny and Josey Wales.

Each combatant is armed with twin revolvers, a schofield rifle and a 12 gauge scattergun, and as much ammo as they can carry. Munny and Bridges Cogburn are drunk. Wales has a pocket full of baccy to spit.

Fight takes place in Tombstone, at high noon. They start out on opposite ends of town and fight to the death.

Who wins?

General_Iroh
I love old Rooster, but I think Josey and Munny have got this. Munny is a frickin beast

Rogue Jedi
*Spits*

Sadako of Girth
Munnys not bad up close, but in his "Unforgiven" state thats all hes gonna be. His ageing eyes let him down at range in the movie.
Ive not seen Josie Wales in ten years or so, but I cant remember anything that would take away from expected levels of badassery..if he does the long range stuff they might have a shot.

Mind, Rooster misses when hes drunk, but can Pwn on a moving horse hundreds of yards then feet away when hes focused..spinning a winchester in one hand and blazing with six shooters in the other.
(Which he did with 2xhandguns in the Coen's version...!!!!)
Might have to go with the Roosters.

Rogue Jedi
"Missourah boat ride."

Wales shot that rope on the raft, remember?

Sadako of Girth
No I honestly dont. But Ive got no reason to disbelieve you.
Could you get a link up for a YT vid, maybe?

Rogue Jedi
0P61QqN1NIg

the ninjak
If the Roosters are drunk they're pretty screwed.

Rogue Jedi
Actually no. Wales took on half a dozen men in one sitting while ten feet from them and killed them all. Wales is a beast.

Rogue Jedi
And for the lulz:

-MfbYnz8ucc

Sadako of Girth
I see now.

Yeah that rifle shot: Tonnes of prep time, nice easy taken in his own time kinda shot, no fire being returned. No rivers in tombstone either.

Rogue Jedi
Did WayneCogburn show better rifle skills than BridgesCogburn?

jaden101
If Munny's luck holds out then he'll be on the winning side...The shootout in the bar was just pure gold because he clearly should've been shot about a million times.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

I'd argue so..his use of it in the "fill yer hand.." moment on a moving horse, spinning the rifle to recock it looked like an impressive fluidity with the rifle.

On a side note: That moment HAD to have been an influence on Arnie in T2...

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by jaden101
If Munny's luck holds out then he'll be on the winning side...The shootout in the bar was just pure gold because he clearly should've been shot about a million times.

Yep you're right on the munny about his awesome luck.

Everyone was bricking it too much to attempt it after the bar keep.

Lucky for Munny that either they were too scared or didn't really like Bill or thought that he 'had it comin'.... either could be why no one took a shot.

Rogue Jedi

Same with Wales at 1:46

ryuXHtAIqXU

54 kills in one movie. I think that seals the deal.

General_Iroh
No, in the fill your hands scene he isn't shown shooting a single person when he rides past them.
dKThgLq21Rc

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by General_Iroh
No, in the fill your hands scene he isn't shown shooting a single person when he rides past them.
dKThgLq21Rc On a side note, Barry Pepper nailed the role of Ned.

Robtard
The two Clint's edge it. Wales is the baddest of the bad here, imo; if only by a ****-hair.

Rogue Jedi
Or a drop of spit.

jaden101
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yep you're right on the munny about his awesome luck.

Everyone was bricking it too much to attempt it after the bar keep.

Lucky for Munny that either they were too scared or didn't really like Bill or thought that he 'had it comin'.... either could be why no one took a shot.

Or it could've been down to Munny's legendary threat.

"All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down."

laughing absolute classic.

Rogue Jedi
Josey Wales spit>>>>Munny's long winded speech.

jaden101
The Stranger from High Plains Drifter would rape them both though.

Rogue Jedi
Probably so. Pale Rider even moreso.

General_Iroh
The Stranger from High Plains Drifter would rape them both though.
Literally.

Robtard
Probably so. Pale Rider even moreso.

The Stranger can be seen as an allegory for the wrath of God or in a fashion the Devil himself, I think more so the former.

The Preacher is an allegory to Death, ie the 4th horsemen of the apocalypse.

All in all, The Stranger > The Preacher in overall badassery performed.

Rogue Jedi
I guess.

Robtard
I guess.

Don't guess, know. Besides the creepy score of High Plains Drifter should let you know how much of a bad-ass that character is.

Rogue Jedi
All in all, Eastwood>>>>>>>>>>>Wayne.

Robtard
All in all, Eastwood>>>>>>>>>>>Wayne.

In spades.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
In spades. Racist.

Johnny Demonic
You can't beat one Eastwood, let alone two.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.