Aquaman Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Taken from ComicBookMovie.com:

roughrider
Meh...I still won't buy it.

Badabing
My main problem with Aquaman, and Hawkman, is DC tries to portray them as too much of a badass. It just doesn't sit well with me for some reason. They don't pull it off like Bats, Logan, Punisher or Guy Gardner.

BruceSkywalker
i\ll pass

aztec
I'll eventually get the trades. I want to see more of Mera!! I read Blackest Night yesterday for the first time. It was a great read. Anyway, I have to admit that Mera stood out moreso than Arthur. She was strong, energetic and beautiful. She didn't give in against the Black Lanterns, eventhough she had lost everything. Mera is my new favorite superhero.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Badabing
My main problem with Aquaman, and Hawkman, is DC tries to portray them as too much of a badass. It just doesn't sit well with me for some reason. They don't pull it off like Bats, Logan, Punisher or Guy Gardner.

I call bullshit on that. Aquaman is very much a badass. Did you read Obsidian Age? big grin

Badabing
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I call bullshit on that. Aquaman is very much a badass. Did you read Obsidian Age? big grin Yes. And he doesn't carry badass-ness like Bruce, Logan, Frank or Guy. sneer

Booster Gold is more badass than Aquaman. biscuits

roughrider
Aquaman's no Namor.
Nuff' Said. stick out tongue

-Pr-
I almost made a new thread, but after a search for one found this.

Johns recently spoke about how we were'nt going to see most of his supporting cast any time soon, that the book was going to be primarily about Arthur and Mera. I mean, yes, eventually he says we'll see everyone, but taking that long to meet his cast suggests to me that we won't see Atlantis or even Blaqualad for a while yet.

Interview: http://comics.ign.com/articles/121/1213163p1.html

So that means, no: Garth, Tula, Dolphin (if she's alive in this reality), Lorena, Vulko, Koryak (same as dolphin), and god knows who else.

With his silver-age origin back in as his man one (a thing i actually like), and a more definite angle put on his telepathy (one issue he's using telepathy on doctor polaris, the next non-aqua book someone says he can only talk to fish), I'm looking forward to seeing what Johns will do next.

What have other people thought of the book?

JakeTheBank
I think it's great.

It definitely makes Aquaman "cool" without forcing it down your throat. He doesn't give a crap about what others think about him, which makes sense; why should a ruler of over 70% of the planet care about what some guy on the interwebz thinks about him? The fact that it acknowledges the idea of people not really getting Arthur or understanding him works in its favor.

Definitely one of my favorite Leaguer books.

-Pr-
Agreed. It's so different to what David and Abnett did with the character, but I think this new Aquaman series is going to be doing well. johns even remarked that the sales are higher than expected.

I'm still waiting to find out if the Athur Jr. Story is still in continuity though.

He even got a nice little power amp too, it seems.

roughrider
I have seen the art in the previews. Ivan Reis is one of the best.

-Pr-
He is. Johns mentioned earlier that when we get to see Reis' underwater work, it's going to blow us all away, so I'm looking forward to the next issue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.