Final Destination Vol.1 Samus Aran X Master Chief

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Frisky Dingo
This battle takes place in a dense rain forest. Both warriors are stark-naked and are equipped with a knife and hand gun. Who will come out alive?

BloodRain
Never run through a rain-forest naked no expression you will regret it.

IMO its Samus's speed and agility vs Chiefs H2H skills. And they have around the same strength and durability for this kind of match.

MooCowofJustice
Samus without even a chance for Chief.

BloodRain
How so? Dont recall Samus having any skills for this.

The Scenario
Samus is extremely out of her element here, so there's little to no evidence either way. Samus' out of suit strength feats are making a small crater in the ground at five years old, and Master Chief's are denting steel or something I never bothered to remember. Samus' melee experience (that we can prove) is limited to grappling, either holding or getting out of holds, all in the suit, never out of it. Samus has never even touched a knife before, to my knowledge. It could come down to a melee fight, where the Chief has something of an advantage, though he will never be able to hold Samus.

With handguns, though, I would say it leans a bit more towards Samus.

Edit: That is, unless they both contract some horrible rainforest disease and die. (Advantage Samus for alien biology.)

BloodRain
Not much holding is needed when ya got a knife. On that point, her overall durability is higher but Chief is still functional after getting slashed or impaled. (Don't know to what extent)

Who favours more from the terrain?

The Scenario
Anything I give you will more than likely be from Samus in the suit. She's been in jungles and such before, and encounters water more often than Master Chief does.

It might just be whoever gets the drop on the other first with that gun.

MooCowofJustice
I thought Samus without her suit was way more agile and absurdly faster than normal humans.

Wasn't she raised on a planet with like 8 times Earth's gravity or something?

The Scenario
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I thought Samus without her suit was way more agile and absurdly faster than normal humans.

Wasn't she raised on a planet with like 8 times Earth's gravity or something?

Yah. I think Master Chief is as well.

And it was 850 times Earth gravity, technically. That's not exactly physically possible, though, without the atmosphere being liquid and/or on fire.

MooCowofJustice
It's not possible to have something colder than absolute zero, either. But we had to use that on this site.

****ing DMC. >_>

Oh, and don't worry about what is and isn't possible.

BIRD MAGIC!

The Scenario
True. But if you take it seriously Samus is used to weighing 85 tons and still jumps 20+ feet rather casually.

MooCowofJustice
So she can Hulk it and leap into Earth Orbit. Or to Mars, whichever.

That's why I said Chief had no chance.

Frisky Dingo
R we sure that sort of thing wasn't retconned? IIRC, this was stated a long time ago.

BloodRain
850x gravity? O___o

The Scenario
It was in Metroid Prime. Zebes was given a volume of slightly smaller than Earth, yet was also 850 times its mass. That equals roughly 850 times the gravity, since gravity is dependant on mass. And as far as I know the mass was never changed.

I just don't usually use that number, since it's kind of ridiculous.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
This battle takes place in a dense rain forest. Both warriors are stark-naked and are equipped with a knife and hand gun. Who will come out alive? So some hot, Samus x Master Chief nude, mud grappling action huh?

Also, truthfully, unless it said "ZEBEZ HAD 850 TIMEZ EARTH GRAVITY" or any other indication of such, it should not be used.

Because of the King Kai's planet effect.

Apparently a planet not even the size of a city block has 10 times Earth's gravity.

BloodRain
IRL Scnario would be right, here Neme may be right as its fiction. More likely for being such a high number.

Eh, she's still much faster then him.

NemeBro
How fast is she out of the suit?

And naked. estahuh

Demand links to feats Samus performs naked.

The Scenario
http://metroid-database.com/manga/?vid=21&cid=72#manga_top

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro
How fast is she out of the suit?

And naked. estahuh

Demand links to feats Samus performs naked. According to the google search "Naked Samus", she has a hammer space/pocket dimension located somewhere inside of her genitalia. no expression

RE: Blaxican
I hate this thread and everything it stands for.

Anyway, I say that in these conditions John has a chance.

Nephthys
cL-mR79GErU

3.10 +

/thread.

The Scenario
Should've ended at 3:26, 3:36, and 4:07.
Could've ended at 3:57.

Honestly, none of the things she actually did in those scenes would have really done much, as far as ending the fight.

Nephthys
I disagree, the sick-ass moves she pulled at 9.25 could end any fight.

With sexy results!

Scenario didn't mention 9:25

The Scenario
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Honestly, none of the things she actually did in those scenes would have really done much, as far as ending the fight.

Fully charged Ice Beam would freeze him instantly given his lack of ice resistence. In fact, his use of cryogenic pods indicates a vulnerability. Missile would have shattered him.

The Speed Booster would splatter Master Chief all over the place, as Samus slamming into him faster than the speed of sound is above anything he's ever tanked, and the Speed Booster smashes through starship hulls.

The Morph Ball Bombs are iffy, and I'm not actually sure whether or not they'd kill him. Still, MC has trouble with grenades, so I'm thinking yes.

The building slam is not something I think Samus can actually do reliably. If she could, though, MC's durability isn't that high.

Originally posted by The Scenario
Fully charged Ice Beam would freeze him instantly given his lack of ice resistence. In fact, his use of cryogenic pods indicates a vulnerability. Missile would have shattered him.
I dunno. His armor would be frozen instantly, but I dunno if the cold could penetrate the armor; it's designed to prevent from sub-zero temperatures. From that point I imagine he could simply break out of the ice.

Then again... Chief isn't as strong as he used to be. He got a nerf in the recent guide book.

Uh. You're saying he's never been hit by objects moving at the speed of sound?

His armor is impervious to all human weapons and explosives in the Halo universe. A missile fired from a jet fighter sprained his ankle, but failed to even dent his armor.

Surviving falling through the atmosphere and hitting the ground without a scratch > going through buildings.

That aside, don't misunderstand me here; anyone with a brain knows that Samus with the weapons available to her would wipe the floor with any Spartan.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
This battle takes place in a dense rain forest. Both warriors are stark-naked and are equipped with a knife and hand gun. Who will come out alive?

Their child...vin

You noob. laughcry

I don't know how I managed to not think of that.

TheAuraAngel
I just realized these two threads were formed from the children of Satan, AKA These guys.

The Scenario
Uh. You're saying he's never been hit by objects moving at the speed of sound?

As far as I know, he has not tanked a 6ft, 200+ lb object at mach 1.2 or above.

Is The Fall of Reach even canon anymore what with the game? In any case, he needed Cortana's help for the missile and would have died without her. Doesn't sound like it bodes well for him.

I wouldn't know. His suit locked up to soften the blow, at least to my understanding.

As far as I know, he has not tanked a 6ft, 200+ lb object at mach 1.2 or above.

He's tanked missiles, rockets, and 50. caliber bullets, and a fall from the atmosphere. I don't see any reason why

Cortana is a computer program. no expression She helped him time his punch for when he punched the missile away, and it detonated a few feet away. She had no bearing on his durability, which is what I was addressing.

I don't know if FoR is canon anymore either. Bungie's whole canon policy confuses me these days.

It did. However, 1. Locking the suit is instantaneous, and 2. the force generated from going through a building is no where near the force generated from a 1000 pound object burning through atmosphere then hitting the ground at terminal velocity.

The Scenario
He's tanked missiles, rockets, and 50. caliber bullets, and a fall from the atmosphere. I don't see any reason why

None of which are really comparable with Samus hitting him at mach 1.2 or faster. Same ability breaks through starship armor, or did I already say that?

Not really a direct hit, was the point I was making. Don't know quite how far away it was, and it was still stated he'd have died without Cortana deflecting it.

Cyner
1) Samus is much stronger and faster than John in or out of armor

2)stacked beams >>>> any spartan, even without charge.

Allankles
Chief is faster and stronger. Under the stipulations of the thread he wins. With armor and weapons, Samus has the obvious edge.

Pinkie Pie
The man has a naked, attractive woman in front of him. He loses stick out tongue

BloodRain
4:47 in that vid agrees.

The gai with feats wins though.

MooCowofJustice
Why was this even revived?

Oh. Somebody was wrong.

The Scenario
Out of suit feats for Samus:

http://metroid-database.com/manga/official_vol_1_en/ch_0007/scaled/sc_metroid_v01_ch07_172.png

Jumping off a cliff, breaking the ground when she lands, unharmed. At age five.

http://metroid-database.com/manga/official_vol_1_en/ch_0002/scaled/sc_metroid_v01_ch002_046.png

Jumping 20+ feet in the air, bouncing off of robots.

http://metroid-database.com/manga/official_vol_2_en/ch_0013/scaled/sc_metroid_v02_ch0078.png

Defeating several armed/armored guards while surrounded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pQtbFidSf0

This is just Samus surviving on a planet with an atmosphere unfit for humans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er74li76zUY

General abilities. Note the wall jumps and ability to outright ignore long falls. Also some stealth. Space Pirates can one-shot each other, but not Samus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RlaZO6YHaQ#t=6m
More general abilities. She tanks an energy blast at 6:55, and again ignores falls.

That's...about it, really, as far as unsuited Samus goes.

Pinkie Pie
Out of suit feats for Samus:

http://metroid-database.com/manga/official_vol_1_en/ch_0007/scaled/sc_metroid_v01_ch07_172.png

Jumping off a cliff, breaking the ground when she lands, unharmed. At age five.

http://metroid-database.com/manga/official_vol_1_en/ch_0002/scaled/sc_metroid_v01_ch002_046.png

Jumping 20+ feet in the air, bouncing off of robots.

http://metroid-database.com/manga/official_vol_2_en/ch_0013/scaled/sc_metroid_v02_ch0078.png

Defeating several armed/armored guards while surrounded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pQtbFidSf0

This is just Samus surviving on a planet with an atmosphere unfit for humans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er74li76zUY

General abilities. Note the wall jumps and ability to outright ignore long falls. Also some stealth. Space Pirates can one-shot each other, but not Samus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RlaZO6YHaQ#t=6m
More general abilities. She tanks an energy blast at 6:55, and again ignores falls.

That's...about it, really, as far as unsuited Samus goes. - The first three are irrelevant because the forum rules denounce them.
- The fourth is irrelevant because it doesn't give her any type of edge.
- The fifth unless I missed something does not give her much of an edge over Master Chief either. Aside from her acrobatic skills I can see him do those things over.
- The energy blast in the sixth seemed to only scraped her since it hit the ground behind her.

That's my bored take at least stick out tongue

BloodRain
It other sources are canon they are generally accepted unless the OP says otherwise. And theres usually no reason to make a rule like that.

Pinkie Pie
The way I interpreted the rule it's non-canon until stated otherwise. Not the other way around. If there's no reason for the rule we should make a motion to remove it. Because as it is right now, it stands stick out tongue

Ridley_Prime
This thread needs to GTFO.

BloodRain
Rules don't get changed even if they're useless or outdated. Canon to the series is the accepted rule as it takes away the wait and/or confusion if the OPer doesn't know of other media. Its easier this way and tends to work.

Pinkie Pie
So we're promoting anarchy? What's ignoring a rule here and there stick out tongue It's not like they are written for a reason.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, and

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
This thread needs to GTFO.

BloodRain
Thats the spirit. ^^

The Scenario
Originally posted by Pinkie Pie
- The first three are irrelevant because the forum rules denounce them.

In which case the rules also denounce Master Chief's book feats, and those are all he has without the suit.

It establishes a superhuman quality that Master Chief doesn't match, and gives an edge in the rainforest, at least in survivability.

Since we appear to be going by games, Master Chief couldn't really do the kind of things Samus did there even with the suit. Game Master Chief is kind of a brick.

Still a hit, and a better out of suit showing than Master Chief currently has.

Allankles
In the game MC isn't out of his suit, and said suit is meant to make him a tank gameplay wise. But how is jumping around supposed to suggest that she's stronger than MC?

Also things like speed are a wash,... if she's at least a bullet timer.

BloodRain
She most likely isn't a bullet timer out of the suit if she needs a special suit mode to reach Ma1.

Speed is close to equal. Chief was 3x faster then peak human with a torn ankle tendon.

How strong is MC?

MooCowofJustice
Cap's a bullet timer and he can't reach Mach 1 on foot. Are you suggesting you need to be able to run that fast? 'cause that'd be dumb. no expression

I hear 2 tons on Chief's strength.

Why the hell is this still a discussion? Samus dominates.

BloodRain
Poor thinking on my behalf. Was too concerned with speed that I mixed bullet timing with bullet speed.

Calling a tie. Little speed and strength difference with the primary difference being Samus' agility and John's damage soak.

MooCowofJustice
Then I should point out his best damage soaking feat caused his armor to lock up. And it's probably not good enough to take a shot from Samus anyway.

Either way, Samus has won.

BloodRain
Ran 500m and continued fighting with a torn achilles tendon where a normal person wouldn't be able to take a single step on it for months. With that stamina and resistance Samus will need more then a single shot or stab to put him down. And a longer time means more opportunity to get hits on her.

MooCowofJustice
Not if his armor locks up, or he just can't move because his entire body has been frozen.

Oh yeah. This is the no armors thread.

Then Chief fails REALLY hardcore. Why the hell are you arguing this then? You argued for Sora against Link for Sora's speed. Yet here it's basically the same thing and you want to call a tie. >_>

BloodRain
...what armour?

Pinkie Pie
In which case the rules also denounce Master Chief's book feats, and those are all he has without the suit.

It establishes a superhuman quality that Master Chief doesn't match, and gives an edge in the rainforest, at least in survivability.

Since we appear to be going by games, Master Chief couldn't really do the kind of things Samus did there even with the suit. Game Master Chief is kind of a brick.

Still a hit, and a better out of suit showing than Master Chief currently has.

- Which is a fault in the thread and not the rules stick out tongue

- You're insinuating that it's harder to breathe in the rain forest than elsewhere? Or some other manner of impairing atmosphere.

- I did say bar acrobatics. I'd in confidence say though that he could do the same level over without much problem though smile

- He survived that high fall during the third game. That's durability if anything. At least comparable to being scraped by an energy shot yes

The Scenario
Originally posted by Pinkie Pie
- Which is a fault in the thread and not the rules stick out tongue

True, but if Samus can't use manga feats, Master Chief can't use book feats.

No, just that Samus tolerate hostiles environments better.

Perhaps, but the acrobatics are more-or-less required. It's meant to be a stealth section and both have experience there.

But that was in his suit. And the suit locked up, causing the "gel layer" to absorb most of the force, and he was still out for at least half an hour. I also remember something about luck being involved.

Anyway, I can see Samus just leaping into the trees, where she'll have the best advantage. Assuming neither of them starts in sight of the other, Samus will most likely find and shoot Master Chief first.

Pinkie Pie
True, but if Samus can't use manga feats, Master Chief can't use book feats.

No, just that Samus tolerate hostiles environments better.

Perhaps, but the acrobatics are more-or-less required. It's meant to be a stealth section and both have experience there.

But that was in his suit. And the suit locked up, causing the "gel layer" to absorb most of the force, and he was still out for at least half an hour. I also remember something about luck being involved.

Anyway, I can see Samus just leaping into the trees, where she'll have the best advantage. Assuming neither of them starts in sight of the other, Samus will most likely find and shoot Master Chief first.

- Uuuuh . . . Correct . . . ? blink

- The rain forest has a hostile atmospheric environment?

- So we agree that both can complete the level. We also agree that she's more acrobatic. Why did you reply? big grin

- Luck was the reason Cortana selected him. It had nothing to do with him surviving the fall wink I can't seem to remember any mentioning of a gel layer but I'm not going to argue you on that. What I meant was that the force of impact would've crushed him even though the armor impacted without a dent. That if he had been a normal human in terms of durability smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.