Final Destination Vol.2 Sephiroth X Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Frisky Dingo
Both are in nothing but traditional samurai thongs. Link has broad sword and a standard shield. Sephiroth has a basic nodachi, Japanese long sword. Battle take place in a vast desert.

Who will win?

MooCowofJustice
Does this given equipment take away from their other items like Sephiroth's magic and Link's bow?

Oh, and you should specify a Link. Twilight Princess, OoT, ALttP or what.

ScreamPaste
He didn't specify. Composite. big grin

Nephthys
.... doesn't exist. stick out tongue

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Nephthys
.... doesn't exist. stick out tongue COMPOSIIIITE.

No, but this thread's been done before and hit 100+ pages. no expression I was half the posts. I am less than enthused.

MooCowofJustice
Neither does this thread, in a perfect world.

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Does this given equipment take away from their other items like Sephiroth's magic and Link's bow?

Oh, and you should specify a Link. Twilight Princess, OoT, ALttP or what.

Yup, I forgot specify that. No magic, no summons, no materia, no bows or any other weapons/items than what's been specified. That's Y it's Final Destination, get it? Like SB. However, natural super abilities and or super powers the characters R born with R usable.

These R their composite forms, feats and displays from all media can B included as long as it is canon.

MooCowofJustice
Oh, cool.

Then it's Link's win.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
Yup, I forgot specify that. No magic, no summons, no materia, no bows or any other weapons/items than what's been specified. However, natural super abilities and or super powers the characters R born with R usable.

These R their composite forms, feats and displays from all media can B included as long as it is canon. **** YES.

Alright, Lightning timing uber-skilled multigigajoule strength Link says hi, shoosts a sword beam and Sephiroth ex****ingsplodes.

Nephthys
That seems like a very sensible specification.

no expression

Isn't that just the master sword?

ScreamPaste

no expression

Isn't that just the master sword? No, Link in the older games shot sword beams out of wooden swords, white swords, anything. big grin

MooCowofJustice
Wouldn't matter anyway. Link's got some epic durability.

Frisky Dingo

no expression

Isn't that just the master sword? Yea, no special weapon or item boosts. They have regular real-life weapons.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
No, Link in the older games shot sword beams out of wooden swords, white swords, anything. big grin

Ok, just checked on TVTropes and you're right. Oh well.

Sephiroth TK's him and force chokes him.

ScreamPaste
Yea, no special weapon or item boosts. They have regular real-life weapons. So Link has to waste the time getting close to Seph, walking through his slashes without harm, and tearing his head off by hand? Cool.

MooCowofJustice
I heard there's a no magic stipulation in this thread.

ScreamPaste
Ok, just checked on TVTropes and you're right. Oh well.

Sephiroth TK's him and force chokes him. Link lols, rolls his eyes and chucks his ****ing sheidl at Seph, exploding him. erm

Edit: Moo is also correct, no magic, we don't get sword beams, he doesn't get TK.

Frisky Dingo
Y would Sephiroth not get his TK? They have their naturual abilities as long as they don't require outside sorces 2 use them.

So Link has to waste the time getting close to Seph, walking through his slashes without harm, and tearing his head off by hand? Cool.

Well if that's what U think, I have no opinion on the matter.

MooCowofJustice
Alright, all together now.

"LINK WINS!"

1...2...3 LINK WINS!

Nephthys
I heard there's a no magic stipulation in this thread.

Since when is TK magic?

'However, natural super abilities and or super powers the characters R born with R usable.'

ScreamPaste
Since when is TK magic?

'However, natural super abilities and or super powers the characters R born with R usable.' Then Link gets his effing sword beams. Unless Frisky is enforcing a double standard?

Eitherway, TK won't save Seph. Hypersonic shield toss >

Frisky Dingo
They have their natural abilities as long as they don't require outside sources 2 use them.

Nephthys
Since when can Link throw his sheild that fast?

Also Seph can teleport.

MooCowofJustice
How is TK through magic not magic?

Nephthys
How is it TK 'through magic'?

ScreamPaste
They have their natural abilities as long as they don't require outside sources 2 use them. So Link does have sword beams, since that isn't weapon dependant. Originally posted by Nephthys
Since when can Link throw his sheild that fast?

Also Seph can teleport. He can't use teleportation to avoid something moving faster than he can react to. big grin

Nephthys
That don't answer my question noob.

MooCowofJustice
From my understanding, TK has always been a term that is applied to the movement of anything without touching it, whether you did it with your mind or with magic. Kind of like how some people say Kleenex for a tissue.

ScreamPaste
multi-gigajoule levels of strength + projectile + we've seen him swing fast enough to swat lightning down/intercept it in multiple games + this is composite Link so every game counts = ????

Nephthys
That doesn't explain why TK would be classified as magic rather than a natural ability.

Except...... he hasn't swatted lightning down.

sad

Plus OBD says Sephiroth is Hypersonic. 'people way below him have bullet timed against machine guns'

ScreamPaste
That doesn't explain why TK would be classified as magic rather than a natural ability.

Except...... he hasn't swatted lightning down.

sad

Plus OBD says Sephiroth is Hypersonic. 'people way below him have bullet timed against machine guns'

Link's reflected lightning back to Ganon ect, art, blah blah. Barinade, Ghot, ect...

Sephiroth's best reaction feat is beating someone with super-sonic reactions, this doesn't necessarily make him hypersonic, nor will it allow him to avoid something above base hypersonic speed.

OBD also says Kain is hypersonic. erm

Nephthys
Not lightning blah blah don't dodge it anything from them etc etc..

You don't need to be as fast as something to avoid it, especially when you have teleportation. And you still havn't proven he can throw it that fast.

OBD also says he has Skyscraper level durability as well.

MooCowofJustice
Because he uses magic to move these objects with his mind?

I didn't know tele was a word that referred specifically to psychic power. But-- oh, hang on. I got a call on my mindphone.

ScreamPaste
Not lightning blah blah don't dodge it anything from them etc etc..

You don't need to be as fast as something to avoid it, especially when you have teleportation. And you still havn't proven he can throw it that fast.

OBD also says he has Skyscraper level durability as well. You need to be aware of it. Sephiroth won't be since the shield will be outside his over-wanked reaction time.

I can't recall a single durability feat for Seph. erm

Nephthys
Proof he uses magic?

MooCowofJustice
How about some proof he uses his mind? After all, you did make the claim he uses TK.

ScreamPaste
....___
v=/2K
../..m

K = 4500000000
m = 5

v = 42426.406871193 meter/second

Guess how fast that is? Over mach 100. 131 Good luck, Seph.

ares834
TK isn't really a "natural" ability, it is supernatural and is more or less "magic".

Nephthys
Telekinesis is just another word for Psychokinesis which literally means "mind-movement", hence why the vast majority of its incarnations are mental-based. Also theres no outward sign of it being magic in FF7, which is notable since materia in FF7 always has a glow of some kind to it. That and his enormous will-power suggest superhuman mental powers.

Yes, because i know what that means.

That also explains why when he throws a Deku nut it cores through his opponents like ohwaititdoesn't.

FF7 requires people use materia for their magic. I see no idication Sephiroth used materia whatsoever.

ScreamPaste
Take Link's strength, apply it to an object, see how fast it moves. stick out tongue

Still slower than lightning, but too fast for Sephiroth.

MooCowofJustice
Find me a quote that says he has Psychokinesis over Telekinesis and he can have the fairly useless ability.

Did Sephiroth not learn how use magic without the aid of Materia?

Cool. Link's tremendous determination could suggest the same, but that doesn't make it true.

Nephthys
They're the same thing. Telekinesis is a synonym of Psychokinesis.

When Link resurrects himself through sheer willpower let me know.

ScreamPaste
They're the same thing. Telekinesis is a synonym of Psychokinesis.

When Link resurrects himself through sheer willpower let me know.

That is such a melodramatic overwanked statement. It kinda helps that what sephiroth basicly did was go to a heaven made of snow and build himself a snowman body. no expression

That doesn't make Seph's TK inherent, or even helpful though. Sephiroth cannot react to the shield toss if he does TK Link, and if he doesn't he can't fight him.

MooCowofJustice
No it's not. XD If the prefix Tele meant the same thing as Psycho, then people that read minds and people that murder other people are the exact same thing.

Telepath and Psychopath. EXTREME difference.

Ahaha. Saw that one coming. How much more willpower, exactly, would it take to will oneself back from death than to will ones self to keep fighting in the face of defeat?

Frisky Dingo
Let's not argue semantics here people. What I mean by "natural ability" is, they can use whatever power they want as long as an item, weapon, outside force/power/energy is not required 2 do so. If Sephiroth needs materia 4 TK/PK, then he can't use it.

ScreamPaste
I can't recall whether this is confirmed one way or the other, the same for his teleportation, but I've already shown neither will help him, so it doesn't really matter. Link throws his shield if he gets TK'd, and his sword if by some miracle a character who's special power seems to be the ability to master anything immediately misses, he throws his sword. After this he'll throw his effing socks if he has to, they'll be just as lethal.

Nephthys
Psycho as in Psyche. As in psychopath referes to a mental illness.

And since theres nothing suggesting that he does.....

And yet noone else had ever had the willpower to do it.

YOu still havn't proven that speed.

erm

At least 50 mega-Jean Grays /sarcasm.

ScreamPaste
You know, overlooking the special conditions of his innitial death in the Mako reactor and that most of the characters in ff7 show less will power than their fans show in the threads about them. The HERO of FF7 is essentially a giant emo kid. erm

Yes I did, go back a page. no expression Apply Link's strength to an object the weight of a shield. It moves at over mach 100. Seph can't dodge that since the evidence he's evne hypersonic is shaky, and that's mach 5.

MooCowofJustice
Tele does not refer to mind powers, my friend. It refers to distance.

Telephone, speak to someone far away.
Television, view happenings far away.
Telekinesis, move things far away.

Sephiroth does not have stated psychokinesis. He has shown telekinesis, the source of which is most likely magic.

Nephthys
Yeah bullshit. Physical strength is not all it takes to move something really fast, which is why a bulldozer will never punt a cup at supersonic speeds.

ScreamPaste
Yeah bullshit. Physical strength is not all it takes to move something really fast, which is why a bulldozer will never punt a cup at supersonic speeds. facepalm

So, what stops a character who's arm can move faster than lightning from moving it slower than lightning to throw his shield? Also comparing the mechanics of a human arm, which are closer to that of a catapult, to a bulldozer is sort of a massive strawman.

Nephthys
They're the same thing, just different word. Do you understand the concept of a synonym?

Besides, its never stated in game that Sephiroth has telekinesis rather than psychokinesis (even though they are still the exact same thing.).

Nephthys
Nothing (though I think you misspelled/misworded your sentence).

What stops Link from moving his arm faster than lightning is that he can't actually do that though.

And why is the mechanics of a catapult so different from that of a bulldozer?

Speed iirc.

ScreamPaste
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/LinkBattlingAghanim.jpg

Wat?

A catapult uses energy stored as tension to throw something, like a muscle tensing to hurl say, a shield, or a frisbee. A bulldozer uses traction and mass to move objects smaller and lighter than itself.

MooCowofJustice
They're the same thing, just different word. Do you understand the concept of a synonym?

Besides, its never stated in game that Sephiroth has telekinesis rather than psychokinesis (even though they are still the exact same thing.).

Yes, I do. That is the thing. They are not synonyms 100% of the time. Having Telekinesis does not mean you have Psychokinesis. But having Psychokinesis is the same thing as having Telekinesis.

Telekinesis means you can move things without touching them directly or indirectly. Psychokinesis means you do that with your mind.

Nephthys
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/LinkBattlingAghanim.jpg

Wat?

A catapult uses energy stored as tension to throw something, like a muscle tensing to hurl say, a shield, or a frisbee. A bulldozer uses traction and mass to move objects smaller and lighter than itself.

That doesn't count as a reaction feat. The blades not even pointing at the lightning, rather the lightning is arcing around to the blade. Probably acting as a rudimentary lightning-rod if you ask me.

And the tension releases large amounts of speed and force as the blah de blah I know. Human arms to not work that way.

Then prove that Sephiroth has Telekinesis rather than Psychokinesis.

ScreamPaste
So you're downplaying it? Thought so. Sorta like how he's canonicly reflected it with sword strieks and you don't accept that either.

Blah de blah, you sure sound like an expert on the subject. erm

MooCowofJustice
That's the beauty of it. You've made the claim.

You must provide proof. "Not I," said the cow.

Nephthys
I don't accept falsehoods, no. Call it a quirk.

Ad hominum, you're not replying to my point but rather accusing me of bias. Do the former rather than the latter. And I wouldn't go down that road if I was you, you are far more biased than myself.

Ad hominum.

Nephthys
That's the beauty of it. You've made the claim.

You must provide proof. "Not I," said the cow.

No, YOU are the one claiming that it should be disallowed because it's magic. YOU prove that shit.

MooCowofJustice
Yeah. That was my claim.

But you've claimed something that has yet to be proven. I'm willing to concede he has the ability. You've claimed a method for it that has not been proven.

BloodRain
Difference to the infamous thread is Link doesn't have the MS or gauntlets here, he's losing alot. Seph isn't really losing anything but range.

Is this purely a swordfight without magic etc? If not then Seph has the advantage with TK and magic.

ScreamPaste
I provide evidence and facts, you reject them. Bias = you. If I'm biased why do you follow Link into every thread downplaying his feats?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by BloodRain
Difference to the infamous thread is Link doesn't have the MS or gauntlets here, he's losing alot. Seph isn't really losing anything but range.

Is this purely a swordfight without magic etc? If not then Seph has the advantage with TK and magic. And still loses 10/10 to a shield toss.

Nephthys
I argue against them. I do not just go 'pshaw!' and ignore the feat, I disprove the feat, which I have done with every single lightning-timer feat so far.

Naw. Sephiroth, being muuuuuuch faster blade beams Links head off in 0.5 seconds. Or 'ports behind him and cuts him apart.

MooCowofJustice
He can teleport without magic now too? The wank is downright godly for this lameass character Sephiroth.

ScreamPaste
I argue against them. I do not just go 'pshaw!' and ignore the feat, I disprove the feat, which I have done with every single lightning-timer feat so far.

Naw. Sephiroth, being muuuuuuch faster blade beams Links head off in 0.5 seconds. Or 'ports behind him and cuts him apart. Except you've not disproved a single one, you've siomply handwaved them all and gone "NAWH!" while spouting on about things that are pure conjecture without basis as if they're fact, while ignoring the canon of the ****ing games.

Sephiroth who's best speed feat is an A>B>C? Sephiroth who is not physically strong enough to harm Link? Sephiroth who is too ****ing slow to avoid the shield toss?

YEah, prove that shit, Kthnx.

Frisky Dingo

Is this purely a swordfight without magic etc? If not then Seph has the advantage with TK and magic.

Nope, no magic. If sephiroth's TK comes from his mind, which I believe it does, than it's fair game. Altho sum say TK wouldn't matter @ all anyway.

BloodRain
O.o 4 pages before I could finish my sentence..

TBH Link is loosing far to much important gear :/ First he has no spell or TK resistance, so no escape. Second he's down to base strength which is in OoT's case is less then a human sized bolder. TP's, while having better natural strength hinders from a loss of magic.

Full on Link wins afaik.. he's too gimped here.

MooCowofJustice
If that's not an official ruling in favor of Sephiroth's TK then my point still stands.

ScreamPaste
Shield toss.

Composite Link was given to us on page one.

COMPOSIIIITE. =D

Nephthys
Yeah, obviously thats what I'm doing. I'm just going NAWH. I mean, its not like you're attacking me personally rather than responding to my argument.

no expression

It'll be right here if you ever want to get to it. But we both know you won't. Because I'm Right.

Zack was cartweeling through machine gun fire and Sephiroth pwned him. Being faster than someone who is fast is one of teh few times A>B>C works.

I wonder whether your little eqaution took into account the fact that Link does not have his GG on him. Whats his real strength I wonder.

BloodRain
^Didnt see the no-magic post. Will need a better FF fan to confirm if its a spell or not. Should end the match.

MooCowofJustice
Composite Link whether you like it or not, Neph. Thread maker statement.

ScreamPaste
No, I'm not attacking you persoanlyl, I'm calling you on your shit.

****ing PROVE Link's not a lightning timer in the face of all th evidence, maybe? You can't, you've tried, but all it always comes back to is denial. "That's not lightning" or "It's arching to the blade!" shit, the sheer consistency with which Link does this alone is enough for a case to be made, but we have official art and mandatory canon instances. You look at the canon and call PIS rather than simply accepting the feat.

Alright, let's do it your way. Zack didn't cartwheel through bullet,s they're nerf darts.

Composite Link. TP Link > GG's.

Nephthys
Composite Link without any of his SW33T L00T though.

MooCowofJustice
Irrelevant in the face of the combined feats.

BloodRain
Nerf darts?

ANYWAY. Composite Link means the same person with all they got. Not a fusion of anyone with the same name. no expression Besides OoT/MM no other Link is the same so composite doesn't work out.

Unless the thread maker says they want a mix all these different characters together, theres no useful composite.

ScreamPaste
Nerf darts?

ANYWAY. Composite Link means the same person with all they got. Not a fusion of anyone with the same name. no expression Besides OoT/MM no other Link is the same so composite doesn't work out.

Unless the thread maker says they want a mix all these different characters together, theres no useful composite. Cop out and bullshit, composite Link is just Link as a single character. All relevant feats apply. This includes some ridiculous shit. no expression

NemeBro
You all are aware that composite Sephiroth includes Dissidia Sephiroth right?

As in "I was brought to this world to fight against a Multiversal deity" Sephiroth?

MooCowofJustice
What Paste said. To which I add:

Yeah, punkass!

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro
You all are aware that composite Sephiroth includes Dissidia Sephiroth right?

As in "I was brought to this world to fight against a Multiversal deity" Sephiroth? Dissidia is non-canon, thought we were only using canon games?

NemeBro
Well Frisky Dingo said "All media."

ScreamPaste
K, are there any new feats in Dissidia I need to be consciously aware of? mmm

BloodRain
Cop out and bullshit, composite Link is just Link as a single character. All relevant feats apply. This includes some ridiculous shit. no expression
No, all the Link's are separated people. This cannot be denied.

ScreamPaste
No, all the Link's are separated people. This cannot be denied. Composite Link isn't.

MooCowofJustice
Except for the fact that Dingo actually said the feats would transfer. >_>

BloodRain
Composite Link isn't.
/facepalm/

Except for the fact that Dingo actually said the feats would transfer. >_>
Yeah, like how composite Sora would have KH2 feats with Stop and Gravity cos he's the same person with feats from the game he's from. These are different Link's, not the same person.

ScreamPaste
Composite Link is a single Link with all feats from all his games. Composite Link is in this thread. Stop trying to cop out and avoid it.

NemeBro
BloodRain don't be an idiot.

Frisky Dingo said this is composite Link from all media in this thread.

If you cannot handle that, get out of my forum.

BloodRain

ScreamPaste

Nephthys
No, I'm not attacking you persoanlyl, I'm calling you on your shit.

TOmato, TomAto.

I have. You're just too stubborn to admit it.

The majority agrees with my stance and logic and you were unable to respond to my arguments, resulting to you rage quitting.

It is arching to the blade. That is literally what is happening. Now if you would like to argue that point then go ahead, but something tells me you neither have the chops nor the balls to do so.

The case has been made. It was defeated.

Disproven.

Never fully proven and otherwise disproven.

I could lie and pretend that Link is a lightning-timer if you want. He still wont be but if you want him to be one soooooo badly that you'd prefer a fabrication to the truth then go right ahead.

'Nerf darts'?

He must have some feats that I'm not aware of. Is it the Ganon swordlock?

Besides, Link still has nothing taht helps him against Seph porting behind him and cutting his head off.

Super Marie 64
Both are in nothing but traditional samurai thongs. Link has broad sword and a standard shield. Sephiroth has a basic nodachi, Japanese long sword. Battle take place in a vast desert.

Who will win?

Stalemate. The fanboyism is too powerful.

BloodRain
Then make sure you specify at the beginning of threads. big grin
Do we even to fan characters here? >->

....Failing against a bullet timer + arrow > lighting timing? o:

ScreamPaste
No, you've used conjecture and denial to plug your ears and cover your eyes in the face of canon and art. no expression

Appeal to majority. Justin Bieber's good, then? /Strawman.

No, the stubborn bias of the opposition leads to me rage quitting. When everyone's ****ing blindly saying and doing ANYTHING to deny another character feats against logic and canon I have every right to become annoyed, don't you think?

So Aganihm AIMED his attack at Link's sword? Yeah....

Stop claiming this without ever actually ****ign doing it, hm? Are you /trying/ to get on my nerves with your fallacious, erroneous and consistent condescension? You, nor anyone else has EVER proven that Ganon would intentionally use slower lightning than is necessary to stop someone who is trying to kill him. We have official art of Link intercepting lightning, we have multiple canon instances of him doing exactly that, against multiple foes, we have so many enemies in the ****ing games that can wield lightning that at some point it's like gravity, you just accept it because it's there. But FOR SOME REASON, (bias) everyone's willing to turn a blind eye to the fact that Link can, has, and does ****ing do this.

How about you actually attempt to debunk the ****ing feat for once? You keep claiming you've done it. POST IT. Show me your evidence, and why you draw the erroneous conclusion that you do? You. Have. Nothing. And this is why I get upset. Because in SPITE of that face that you have **** ALL. You continually claim in the face of art, videos, canon, that you're correct, I'm wrong, and get condescending and deny feats of a character you seem to FOLLOW AROUND with the legitimate INTENT to annoy me.

Yes, if you can argue lightning isn't lighting I can argue bullets aren't bullets just as easily.

Ganon swordlock.

Link has:
-Lightning reaction time
-Durability surpassing Sephiroth's ability to hurt him
-Mortal draw, Seph coming close is an easy win.

Nephthys
If by 'conjecture' you mean logic and 'cover your eyes' you mean told the truth, then yes, thats exactly what I've done.

Justin Bieber is not thought to be good by the majority of the worlds populace.

No, when everyone else is telling you that you're wrong I would think that it would be more reasonable to actually reconsider your position, to tell the truth, especially when they have multiply valid arguments as to why thats teh case.

The bolt is curving into the ****ing blade. If his sword wasn't there it still wouldn't hit him. You cannot deny this, it is right there.

My theory is that the blade is acting as a rudimentary lightning rod. If you have any other explanation that actually makes sense, then I would be glad to hear it.

I did do it. Last thread you brought up the same arguement about consistency and it was defeated.

Yes. I want you to actually debate me instead of raging about how horribly 'biased' I am. You think I'm biased? Tough ****ing luck. If I'm really so biased then it should be easy to beat me.

There have been several valid explanations for why that could be the case. Though it hardly needs one given that we SEE IT BEING SLOWER THAN LIGHTNING!

No, you don't.

Guess what? People can fight dudes with guns without being bullet-timers. Guess what else? People can fight dudes with lightning without being lightning-timers.

I don't need to post it. You were there and you were unable to beat my last arguement when I asked you to use something other than gameplay mechanics to prove that its lightning. Then you gave up and left. Forgive me for assuming that I won that argument.

UK5tjyp8nEc

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/354/4/6/wh4t_now___dancing_terezi_by_mcknackus_theoneth-d35beua.gif

And your evidence is?

Yah, right. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seph was slicing up meter-thick metal and skyscrapers like they were butter. He'll need some fricking good durability feats.

Mortal Draw is no faster than Links ordinary attacks. And he'll need alot faster to stand a chance of hitting Sephiroth.

ScreamPaste
Gameplay mechanic. no expression

The same as your evidence it's not lightning. smile DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT TO ME. dur

Seph < Lightning.

ScreamPaste
So yeah, you've posted a video of Link reflecting lightning and claimed he's not a lightning timer.

I don't get it. no expression

Nephthys
Either: Animations are not mechanics.

OR

If they are: the 'sparks' indicating it to be lightning is also a gameplay mechanic, therefore you cannot prove it to be lightning at all.

My argument is unbeatable.

http://lolmart.com/files/2011/03/harry-potter-come-at-me-bro.jpg

Really, why would that be? Is there something indicating that they are not bullets or are you merely behaving like a petulant child?

Fixed.

ScreamPaste
Except this is a flawed premise. We see clearly that it's lightning, that's not a mechanic. The speed is. We have a cutscene earlier in the game showing non-lightning moving faster than the gameplay speed.

Sore I'm using your own argument against you? You've literally got nothing. If it's not lightning those aren't bullets, ****ing simple. This is the end result of your ad nauseum downplaying.

Link > Lightning > Sephiroth.

Now Link has strength, durability, and speed on Seph, Seph's hopeless.

Nephthys
This is so ridiculous I can't even believe you typed it.

What, pray tell, is soooo different in the speed and the animation that one is admissable as evidence and one is not? 'We clearly see that it's lightning'? Well we clearly see that it's nowhere near lightning speed as well, so whoopdy freaking doo!

Actually as I've told you before that argument holds no water.

sLXch32truM

You can see it move towards the screen at 1.46, very, very obviously, unless you think it expanded about 10 times in size in under half a second for no reason.

So, basically you have nothing but petty spite. Cool. Sephiroth casually beat a guy who cartwheeled through bullets. That >>> anything Link's ever shown.

ScreamPaste
The animation has nothing to do with it. The appearance is designed, and always has been, to let the player know what the **** something is. This is why bullet bills in Mario are bullet shaped, why swords in any game are sword shaped, ect. The lightning is lightning shaped.

The speed however is designed for the player to reflect it. GAME. PLAY. MECHANIC.

IE, you've got nothing. no expression

Also, you're referring to the launch flash as movement? That is clearly not movement. We never see it moving in the cutscene. no expression Nice try.

Link > Lightning > Seph. Got anything to counter this yet?

BloodRain
And Link failed to counter a bullet timers speed.. lightning consistancy~

ScreamPaste
And Link failed to counter a bullet timers speed.. lightning consistancy~ Funny, I don't recall that. You mean Zant? He beat Zant.

Nephthys
But.......

It's not even shaped like lightning.

|:light expanded that slowly? And if it was a launch flash, then why does it take so long between said 'launch flash' and when Link gets hit, if its supposed to be 'faster than lightning'?

There is nothing else it could possibly be. The angle is clearly Links, zoomed in seeing as it's from the same angle as Link would be in relation to Ganon. Therefore the energy ball would obviously move towards the camera to get to Link. Therefore it would expand in size as it gets closer to the camera. Therefore that is exactly what we see.

And Link failed to counter a bullet timers speed.. lightning consistancy~

Bullet-timer? IIRC Link couldn't even block a freaking arrow in one cutscene.

ScreamPaste
Cutscene of an inferior magic attack moving too fast for us to see.

Too fast for us to see, not faster than lightning.

Assumptions and fabrication. no expression There's a flash, it launches, Link is hit.

Nephthys
'Inferior', doesn't mean slower, just as better doesn't mean faster. Plus, no it isn't.

Yes, clearly that was the important thing in that paragrath. You've completely destroyed my argument. /sarcasm

Bullshit, its the ball moving towards the screen. If it was really faster than we can see then why does it take so long between the 'flash' and hitting Link?

ScreamPaste
'Inferior', doesn't mean slower, just as better doesn't mean faster. Plus, no it isn't.

Yes, clearly that was the important thing in that paragrath. You've completely destroyed my argument. /sarcasm

Bullshit, its the ball moving towards the screen. If it was really faster than we can see then why does it take so long between the 'flash' and hitting Link?
So you're claiming the ball is faster than lightning? If not, it's slower. It is still moving faster than the gameplay speed of the lightning, to which the player must react.

It was.

You mean all of long enough to change camera angle?

Here's this again:

Wondering when it'll sink in. erm

BloodRain
Failing to counter DLink's near bullet speed. Beat, yes. Still shows him unable to match a bullet timer.

And yes Neph, near the end of TP he almost get an arrow in the face, when he's looking right at it, if it wasn't for some guys showing up.

ScreamPaste
He beat DLink, actually, and DLink's bullet speed was based on Link's thrust speed before people started highlighting Link can deflect lightning. Lightning Link = faster DLink.

ScreamPaste
Failing to counter DLink's near bullet speed. Beat, yes. Still shows him unable to match a bullet timer.

And yes Neph, near the end of TP he almost get an arrow in the face, when he's looking right at it, if it wasn't for some guys showing up. He wasn't looking at it, you can't counter something you're unaware of. no expression It wouldn't really have done anything anyway, the entire point of the scene seemed to be. "WE'RE HERE TO HELP, SORRY WE'RE USESLESS big grin"

Nephthys
No, you are claiming that since an 'inferior' attack is fast (which it isn't) then a 'better' attack must be faster, ignoring taht speed is not the only requisite for something to be termed better.

Correct. Only because the speed of said 'lightning' is pretty pitiful though.

Assumption of developers intentions. You don't know that they slowed down 'lightning' for teh player to react. There are numerous ways of doing that while still indicating that the lightning is actual lightning. Like show Ganon use full-speed lightning in a cutscene (not the ****ing magic ball thing, do not get smart with me) then have Link react to the same attack in gameplay.

No, all of long enough for the 'launch flash' to fill teh screen and then switch to Link. If it was really 'faster than teh eye can see' then we would not have had that much time.

When what will sink in?

ScreamPaste
No, you are claiming that since an 'inferior' attack is fast (which it isn't) then a 'better' attack must be faster, ignoring taht speed is not the only requisite for something to be termed better.

Correct. Only because the speed of said 'lightning' is pretty pitiful though.

Assumption of developers intentions. You don't know that they slowed down 'lightning' for teh player to react. There are numerous ways of doing that while still indicating that the lightning is actual lightning. Like show Ganon use full-speed lightning in a cutscene (not the ****ing magic ball thing, do not get smart with me) then have Link react to the same attack in gameplay.

No, all of long enough for the 'launch flash' to fill teh screen and then switch to Link. If it was really 'faster than teh eye can see' then we would not have had that much time.

When what will sink in?
Your first two responses are essentially a concession, no expression "Yeaaaah, it's faster, BUT!!!!!!!111"

Gameplay speed = inadmissable or bullets are universally as slow as molasses.

Nephthys
That didn't reply to a single thing I said. erm

Also your first sentence is flat out wrong.

ScreamPaste
That didn't reply to a single thing I said. erm

Also your first sentence is flat out wrong. Say something worth replying to. no expression I'm not in the mood to point by point respond to a pile of "nuhuh"'s when you're entire argument hinges on gameplay speed, which is inadmissable and honestly not worth the endless time and pages I've wasted on repeating myself over and over and over to a bunch of people who are either ****ing blind or stubborn.

You don't like the feat so you imagine up ways to take it away, GJ, you're downplaying a fictional character on the internet and are no fun to argue with.

I quit, BYE KMC. It's not fun anymore, condescension is gay, and this shit is just ****ing stupid.

I'll take my physics and reason and go hang out with the cool kids on ****ing Factpile or something.

Nephthys
Cool, I'll take my facts and stay right here then.

BloodRain
..so DLink does lighting speed backflips onto the sword? What happened to LoZ keeping with physics?

Actually he did look at it, then preceded to fail at reacting to it. Judging from when he saw it he had more then 5m to react to a 40m/s arrow. I can't see him jumping from < peak human to lighting in 10 mins.

Frisky Dingo
Hold yur horses everyone.

These R their composite forms, feats and displays from all media can B included as long as it is canon.

No Dissidia or any of that other noncanon stuff like KH. And nothing from any LoZ games that don't take place inside the original time line.

TheAuraAngel
Which is sad, cause all the non-canon stuff gives Sephy most of his leet feats.

Yeah, Zelda fans are weird about their timelines sir. Linearists would love you, Splitists would hate you and ask which timeline.

Since I know little of Zedla, I'll go with GK's timeline and use a Composite Link of the characters up until the timeline is split. Meaning, 4 Swords, Minish Cap, and OoT Adult Link/Child Link. If you've got a problem with it, then sort out a better alternative.

That said, TK=Win.

Demonic Phoenix
..so DLink does lighting speed backflips onto the sword? What happened to LoZ keeping with physics?

Actually he did look at it, then preceded to fail at reacting to it. Judging from when he saw it he had more then 5m to react to a 40m/s arrow. I can't see him jumping from < peak human to lighting in 10 mins.

lolwut? It went from a 0.5 second backflip to a 'Lightning Speed' backflip?

Also, why must every debate concerning Link and involving Scream, Neph, Aura or you, boil down to the Lightning argument?
Shit's getting old, kids.

TheAuraAngel
I'm trying to avoid it when I can. >_>

TK win though so yay.

BloodRain
Same. Neph has as tight a grip on the against as Scream does for for, I like to say a word for it but know by now no one will win..

"He beat DLink, actually, and DLink's bullet speed was based on Link's thrust speed before people started highlighting Link can deflect lightning. Lightning Link = faster DLink."
confused aparently.

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Which is sad, cause all the non-canon stuff gives Sephy most of his leet feats.

Yeah, Zelda fans are weird about their timelines sir. Linearists would love you, Splitists would hate you and ask which timeline.

Since I know little of Zedla, I'll go with GK's timeline and use a Composite Link of the characters up until the timeline is split. Meaning, 4 Swords, Minish Cap, and OoT Adult Link/Child Link. If you've got a problem with it, then sort out a better alternative.

That said, TK=Win.

If it helps. I said the 'original' LoZ time line. The Link from the 1st game and as he is N all the games canon to the 1st Loz.

TheAuraAngel
Problem there is fans do not know where that particular Zelda game falls on the timeline.

Frisky Dingo
Fine, composite Link, N this thread, is all the Links from LoZ games only. Same rules apply, tho. No items, no other weapons than what I specified, no magic, and no outside forces.

MooCowofJustice
Sephiroth doesn't have his telekinesis. I tore that argument down already guys, try something new.

Not like Seph has any useful TK feats anyway. laughing

Nephthys
He does have his telekinesis. You can't prove that he requires outside forces or magic to use it, so it counts as an innate ability.

TheAuraAngel
Sephiroth doesn't have his telekinesis. I tore that argument down already guys, try something new.

Not like Seph has any useful TK feats anyway. laughing

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/telekinesis

There. Now kindly be quiet about how he does not have TK and argue how you possibly think Link will win against someone who can kill him with thoughts alone. Go on, I'll wait.

MooCowofJustice
Yeah....no. no expression Seph's TK is out due to a lack of proof that it isn't magically based.

BloodRain
Skyscraper durability would be quite helpful.

Isn't lifting a person a good enough feat for this match? O-o

confused

Frisky Dingo
-

TheAuraAngel
Yeah....no. no expression Seph's TK is out due to a lack of proof that it isn't magically based.

0mfkOMkvlZM

4:48

Magic is used via Materia. In the instances we've seen Sephy using TK, we've not seen Materia. There is no Materia I know of that uses TK and in fact it is contradictory. Telekinesis is done via the mind. Magic, in FF7 anyway, is preformed through Materia. No Materia=No Magic=Legit TK.

K1ll3r
Dissidia is canon, read the ultimania guys.

Sephiroth even kills himself in the Dissidia world to find out if he is the real him or a clone, turns out he is. (He suspects the cycles at this point so knows he will come back).

Sephiroth also has light speed in one of his abilities in Dissidia.

Also TK is never mentioned in FF7 it is just said as his Will which allows him to lift people up, stop HOLY, mind rape people and give people illusions. There is no materia called TK or anything.

Also there is a few cases in FF7 where magic can be done without materia, like the magic that Sephiroth created: Supernova.

ScreamPaste
Dissidia's decidedly non-canon.

Hyperbole.

Link wins.

Nice bump.

MooCowofJustice
FF13 da bes.

K1ll3r
Dissidia's decidedly non-canon.

Hyperbole.

Link wins.

Nice bump.

Oh nice evidence showing that it is non-canon.

Explanation of ability != Hyperbole.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2518/imag0037z.jpg - Almost Instant Attack Speed.
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/1536/imag0038t.jpg- Light-speed Movement

ScreamPaste
Ohlook, a screenshot of hyperbole, and an irrelevant screenshot beside it. no expression

Sephiroth's got not a feat that puts him fast enough to avoid getting swatted down by Link, or durable enough, for that matter.

I reiterate, nice bump.

TheAuraAngel
As Matt once said in Digimon, "TK!"

K1ll3r
Explain to me how the explanation of an ability is an exaggeration of the ability. Neither are irrelevant.

I see you didn't add any evidence to your non-canon assertion.

He doesn't need a feat, when the explanation of his ability says it's light-speed movement.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by K1ll3r
Explain to me how the explanation of an ability is an exaggeration of the ability. Neither are irrelevant.

I see you didn't add any evidence to your non-canon assertion.

He doesn't need a feat, when the explanation of his ability says it's light-speed movement. You mean that same guy whose proven canonicly unable to react to an Omnislash from a bullet timer? JEE.

Link punches him. erm

K1ll3r
He reacts to it. He even attempts to block it however Cloud goes directly through Sephiroth.

He perfectly tracks Clouds movements, up until his Will sustains massive damage. Also we already know Sephiroth doesn't use anywhere near his full ability against Cloud as he considers him a grunt and nothing more.

TheGoldenSpy
Oh boy, if Kratos reacting to light is unbelievable on video is not believable, using a few lines of text as proof that sephiroth moves at light speed is ACHOOOOO

Sorry, i'm allergic to BULLSHIT.

K1ll3r
Actually, seeing as the those are the canon descriptions of the attack it is the single greatest piece of evidence you can have because it does specifically state: Light-speed and for his other attack Nigh-instant slices we don't have to rely on measuring speeds and weights using assumptions or anything.

Also refer to Rule 14 of this board. (read all of it).

TheGoldenSpy
They could describe his moves as the odin force, omega beam, god blast and spirit bomb with the speed of light times 400 combined into one. His silver haired ass still wouln't have an ounce of credibility. Feats or.....

G.
T.
F.
O.

K1ll3r
Hmm, again read Rule 14 of this board.

MooCowofJustice
I was pretty sure this thread robbed Sephiroth of most of his powers, no magic and all.

So, back to the better topic.

FF13 DA BES!

TheAuraAngel
Except the TK thingy. Which will result in his victory.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Except the TK thingy. Which will result in his victory. Except we established pages ago that TK won't make a difference. erm

TheAuraAngel
And why is that?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>