If God turned out to be an Alien(s) would you still worship him (it)?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok

menokokoro
....If they were actually him, like capable of all the same...infinite powerness, then yes....so pretty much, if they were actually the same God I worship now, just not exactly what I expected.

dadudemon
Originally posted by menokokoro
....If they were actually him, like capable of all the same...infinite powerness, then yes....so pretty much, if they were actually the same God I worship now, just not exactly what I expected.

I agree.

I'm not going to try and take the arrogant stance that humans were created in "God's image." I would actually find it neat if the "Creator" looked very different from us. In fact, God may be so different from us that He/She/It isn't in any form that we can presently recognize.

menokokoro
Originally posted by dadudemon
I agree.

I'm not going to try and take the arrogant stance that humans were created in "God's image." I would actually find it neat if the "Creator" looked very different from us. In fact, God may be so different from us that He/She/It isn't in any form that we can presently recognize. Yeah, if it turned out that we weren't created in his image, I would be fine with it. I still believe we are though.

ADarksideJedi
I doubt if he is.But yea I remain faithful no matter what he is or may look like.

Mindship

TacDavey
Originally posted by dadudemon
I agree.

I'm not going to try and take the arrogant stance that humans were created in "God's image." I would actually find it neat if the "Creator" looked very different from us. In fact, God may be so different from us that He/She/It isn't in any form that we can presently recognize.

I don't hold to "created in His image" to mean, "We look like Him."

I don't think God has a physical form, so how can we look like Him? That's what I think anyway. I know there are some who think God up in heaven looks like a human being.

As for the alien hypothesis. That depends. If this alien had all the properties that are currently attributed to God, then yes. In that sense it wouldn't be an alien, it would just be God.

But if it was a race of more than one alien that get their kicks by making life forms and dumping them on planets. No, I don't think so. In fact, I might even be a little upset.

menokokoro
Originally posted by TacDavey
As for the alien hypothesis. That depends. If this alien had all the properties that are currently attributed to God, then yes. In that sense it wouldn't be an alien, it would just be God. I had pretty much the exact same though, but that is really the only way I would worship them/it.

But if it was a race of more than one alien that get their kicks by making life forms and dumping them on planets. No, I don't think so. In fact, I might even be a little upset. But if that WAS the case, how would we know that God didn't create them, and/or give them the knowledge to do what they did. Even though that would change a lot of scripture.

Quiero Mota
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/WatchOut_02/EgyptAliens.jpg

Super Marie 64
I do not worship him now, but of course I would. Race doesn't matter to me. I'm thankful just to be a part of his magnificent creation. Malevolent or benevolent, yeah, I'd worship.

Sadako of Girth
Wouldn't worship, but pehaps they would get my respect as any of my ancestors would.

TacDavey
But if that WAS the case, how would we know that God didn't create them, and/or give them the knowledge to do what they did. Even though that would change a lot of scripture.

We wouldn't. But I still wouldn't worship them, even if God made them. I'll worship an all powerful God, not a highly advanced race.

menokokoro
We wouldn't. But I still wouldn't worship them, even if God made them. I'll worship an all powerful God, not a highly advanced race. That was actually what I was eluding to, so yeah, seems we feel the same way on that aspect.

TacDavey
That was actually what I was eluding to, so yeah, seems we feel the same way on that aspect.

Oh... Good. thumb up

King Kandy
I don't worship God now, but if aliens showed up I might.

Omega Vision
http://www.steelenz.com/sgc/sokar.jpg

If it turned out to be that guy I wouldn't have much choice but to worship him. stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
I don't see why people focus on the aliens being powerful enough to be worshiped. Personally I'd require my object of worship to be morally perfect before I require it to be omnipotent.

inimalist
agreed

TacDavey
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I don't see why people focus on the aliens being powerful enough to be worshiped. Personally I'd require my object of worship to be morally perfect before I require it to be omnipotent.

Yeah, I would agree with that.

anaconda
turned out to be alien? what the hell is your god? it cant be human thus it has to be alien regardless.
So to those whorshipers you do whoreship an alien or a nobody/unknown/fantasy/wannabe/laugahble/clown/nobody.........what a laugh.........the new bread of man, the nerds computer geeks gonna rid you of all those dumbass belives, a new order a new kind of people a bit more boring than today but still.......................... the end of ignorance (religious believes ) is near.
good to get rid of all you religious morons........take care and I god will forgive you all

King Kandy
I would follow aliens if they had good ideas for improving the state of humanity.

Bicnarok

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bicnarok
But is following the same as worship.

No, it's not. That statement is so stupid I'm not even going to bother saying anything else.

Bicnarok

long pig
The fact the bible has dozens of references to cylintrical, shiney flying objects with beings in it and even describes them in great detail should give you a hint. They're called chariots of fire. Is god an extra terrestrial? Biblicaly, yes. In a different dimension? Of course. As for being made in god's image, that's just a misunderstanding. It says ELOHIM said let's make man in OUR image. Elohim means gods, or more than one heavenly being. i.e Angels or.....us. We're made in our own heavenly image or, better said, we are made to look like what we looked like when we were angels It's not like our souls were created when we were conceived. We were around way before that. This is something jews have always understood and christians have always gotten wrong.

TacDavey
Originally posted by long pig
The fact the bible has dozens of references to cylintrical, shiney flying objects with beings in it and even describes them in great detail should give you a hint. They're called chariots of fire. Is god an extra terrestrial? Biblicaly, yes. In a different dimension? Of course. As for being made in god's image, that's just a misunderstanding. It says ELOHIM said let's make man in OUR image. Elohim means gods, or more than one heavenly being. i.e Angels or.....us. We're made in our own heavenly image or, better said, we are made to look like what we looked like when we were angels It's not like our souls were created when we were conceived. We were around way before that. This is something jews have always understood and christians have always gotten wrong.

Or something Christians have always understood and Jews have always gotten wrong. Just saying.

long pig
Or something Christians have always understood and Jews have always gotten wrong. Just saying. Um, no. This was understood thousands of years before the Catholics got a hold of it and declared it as the correct doctrine. The original Christians got it right. Just like the hebrews never belived Adam was the first human (they believed he was the first relative of the hebrew. everyone else was created on the sixth day) or that the earth is 6 thousand yrs old. The greeks and catholics really ****ed up the bible. Because of thier stupid beliefs, the word of God is a thing of ridicule. I won't go into detail about the original beliefs vs current beliefs here.....unless you want me to.

TacDavey
Originally posted by long pig
Um, no. This was understood thousands of years before the Catholics got a hold of it and declared it as the correct doctrine. The original Christians got it right. Just like the hebrews never belived Adam was the first human (they believed he was the first relative of the hebrew. everyone else was created on the sixth day) or that the earth is 6 thousand yrs old. The greeks and catholics really ****ed up the bible. Because of thier stupid beliefs, the word of God is a thing of ridicule. I won't go into detail about the original beliefs vs current beliefs here.....unless you want me to.

Hey, I'm just saying you have your beliefs and Christians have theirs. I'm no biblical scholar, and really the point at which our souls are made isn't all that important if you ask me.

MRasheed

rotiart
So basically what would you do if you lived in the StarGate universe>

Bat Dude
That's an interesting thing to ponder...

Too bad it doesn't matter because God isn't an alien.

Deja~vu
If god turned out to be an alien I'm sure he would be pretty superior to me so I would agree to be his pet. I'd be a pretty good pet. Just feed me.

Rub my belly once in awhile.

Grate the Vraya
I really don't like that the title of this thread assumes that everyone worships God anyways. I don't. I still wouldn't if they were aliens. If they were to smite me with ray guns for blasphemy, then they would just be showing that they're basically megalomaniacal douchebags.

the ninjak
Hey if aliens turned up and promised.-

Incredible advancements in tech.

Inspirational spiritual growth with evidence.

A force that can stop religious hatred advancement and race hatred.

And a society where ones unique creative personality shines above all others.

Then sure I'll worship the heck out of them. Watch the tribe mentality monkeys run to their corners and EVOLVE.

Grate the Vraya
Originally posted by the ninjak
Hey if aliens turned up and promised.-

Incredible advancements in tech.

Inspirational spiritual growth with evidence.

A force that can stop religious hatred advancement and race hatred.

And a society where ones unique creative personality shines above all others.

Then sure I'll worship the heck out of them. Watch the tribe mentality monkeys run to their corners and EVOLVE. It's kind of a sick trade though. To offer all that in return for worship. I would feel that there were tons of strings attached.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Grate the Vraya
It's kind of a sick trade though. To offer all that in return for worship. I would feel that there were tons of strings attached.

Hey it's just saying I love you.

The world is going into the toilet. To have a race of beings bring us into Star Trek level.
No sense of currency or waste of natural resources.
Elimination of tribal worship/ tribal hatred.
Respect for those who excel in personality and character.
No more differential sense of race. creed or sex.
Space travel and terraforming tech.
To exist as a race of beings who respect all. As long as one chose to excel ones self.
It wouldn't be hard for an advanced race to enforce.

If the aliens could enforce that. They more than deserve my love.

Grate the Vraya
Originally posted by the ninjak
Hey it's just saying I love you.

The world is going into the toilet. To have a race of beings bring us into Star Trek level.
No sense of currency or waste of natural resources.
Elimination of tribal worship/ tribal hatred.
Respect for those who excel in personality and character.
No more differential sense of race. creed or sex.
Space travel and terraforming tech.
To exist as a race of beings who respect all. As long as one chose to excel ones self.
It wouldn't be hard for an advanced race to enforce.

If the aliens could enforce that. They more than deserve my love. Hey, if they gave that to Earth in general and I didn't have to do any worshiping then that's fantastic, but I just don't feel comfortable with worshiping things I guess.

Deja~vu
I hope aliens do come because Earthlings really suck. lol

Grate the Vraya
Originally posted by Deja~vu
I hope aliens do come because Earthlings really suck. lol sad

Deja~vu
sad It's okay, I like you.

Bardock42
****'s sake. Everytime I see this from the main index I think the thread is "What if God turns out to be an *******"

Deja~vu
Drugs kill...

Grate the Vraya
Originally posted by Bardock42
****'s sake. Everytime I see this from the main index I think the thread is "What if God turns out to be an *******" lulz same. big grin
It's okay, I like you. W00t!

Grate the Vraya
Now I see "If God turned out to be an Aardvark..." And now I'm like "Hell, I'd worship him."

Deja~vu
Hahahaha.

Would you still worship him??? He died on the cross for you.. laughing out loud

Grate the Vraya
http://wtfbot.net/pix/229.jpg hmmm, look familiar?

Deja~vu
IT'S JESUS!!!! You must let him die or else we will go to hell, the imaginary place. He raised the dead, cured the blind and leper's and is so very famous they wrote a poem/I mean Bible on him..I don't want to die with sin..Satan has a big fork..And I'm into spoons....lol

Do not resuscitate. lol

An Aardvark walking on water??? Now I want to see that.

Grate the Vraya
IT'S JESUS!!!! You must let him die or else we will go to hell, the imaginary place. He raised the dead, cured the blind and leper's and is so very famous they wrote a poem/I mean Bible on him..I don't want to die with sin..Satan has a big fork..And I'm into spoons....lol

Do not resuscitate. lol

An Aardvark walking on water??? Now I want to see that. This should go to the conspiracy section. "Was Jesus really an Aardvark?"

Deja~vu
He walked on all fours.....kinda kinky...

You can tell it's him too, just look at his middle eastern features. j/k
(Don't want to offend anyone here...lol)

Grate the Vraya
He walked on all fours.....kinda kinky...

You can tell it's him too, just look at his middle eastern features. j/k
(Don't want to offend anyone here...lol) 0.0...I find you highly attractive right now >.>

Deja~vu
Start that link there and I'll go visit.

spruceupph

Want to make sure I'm dressed alright. lol

ares834
Wouldn't God technically count as an alien?

the ninjak
wow this thread is pick up central!

Deja~vu
Originally posted by ares834
Wouldn't God technically count as an alien? Well he's not from here, so yes. And if he zooms around then he's an UFO too.

eek!

0mega Spawn
god would already fall into the category of alien if he created earth no expression

Deja~vu
That means that we are aliens too.

0mega Spawn
no we're from earth god would be an alien to us because hes not...

Grate the Vraya
What if God were one of us? Just a slob like one of us? Just a stranger on a bus tryin to find his way hooooome?

Deja~vu
What if God were one of us? Just a slob like one of us? Just a stranger on a bus tryin to find his way hooooome? In that case, I've seen him and all his followers going to the hood on the Gratiot bus. laughing out loud

Deja~vu
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
no we're from earth god would be an alien to us because hes not... Well if god created this planet and then placed us on here, then technically we were somewhere else first, so we are adjusted aliens.

The Father
God is not an Alien, he created the Universe in six days and on the seventh he rested.

Deja~vu
God has ADHD.

FistOfThe North

TacDavey
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
nothing in life should be worshiped. just know that you are your best subject and object.

you should matter more to you than even your creator because ultimately, more than anyone else, you have your best interest at heart the closest. you care more about you more than anyone else will.

but do not get it confused with self worship. you should worship nothing. not even yourself. hold yourself in high esteem and confidence yes but never obsess over you. only bad things can come out of it always in any, and all, ends.

This sounds like a "look out for number one" line of thinking. Which I do not agree with.

You should think about yourself last and others first. Parents and family members know the feeling well of caring for someone even, at times, more than they care for themselves. You're wrong to say that you care more about you then any one else. Any parent would willingly give their life for their child, regardless of whether the child was responsible for the danger imposed on it.

And you SHOULD worship something. But only if that thing deserves worship. And at that point, it comes down to what you think deserves worship. To say that there is nothing out there that deserves worship is saying that you are of equal or greater value than everything else. That there is nothing out there better than you. Which is simply arrogant.

Symmetric Chaos
And you SHOULD worship something. But only if that thing deserves worship. And at that point, it comes down to what you think deserves worship. To say that there is nothing out there that deserves worship is saying that you are of equal or greater value than everything else. That there is nothing out there better than you. Which is simply arrogant.

What?

Just because someone/thing is better than you don't mean you should worship it. For any given metric I can probably come up with someone who is better than me, I still don't worship anything. I could ever imagine a thing that is better than me by every measure, I wouldn't worship it though I would have great respect for it.

Mindset
I'd blame all my problems on him.

kgkg
I would only worship if it benefited me. I believe in doing the right things helping others etc but I just can't see why someone who is omnipotent would want to be worshiped or praised.

Mindset
Originally posted by kgkg
I would only worship if it benefited me. I believe in doing the right things helping others etc but I just can't see why someone who is omnipotent would want to be worshiped or praised. You'd know if you were omnipotent, noob.

TacDavey
What?

Just because someone/thing is better than you don't mean you should worship it. For any given metric I can probably come up with someone who is better than me, I still don't worship anything. I could ever imagine a thing that is better than me by every measure, I wouldn't worship it though I would have great respect for it.

Depends on your meaning of "better". I don't mean better as in skill or anything like that. Like a better hockey player or anything. I mean better as in... eh, I don't really know how to fully explain. erm

I mean more in terms of God being better than me or you. That kind of "better".

Deja~vu
What?

I agree with you. You can admire him/her/it, but that doesn't make it better than you at all. You can appreciate it, mimic it, if it's is good, and respect it.

If I was some super human or alien that was above others, why would I want them to worship me? It would bother me. erm

TacDavey
I agree with you. You can admire him/her/it, but that doesn't make it better than you at all. You can appreciate it, mimic it, if it's is good, and respect it.

If I was some super human or alien that was above others, why would I want them to worship me? It would bother me. erm

Maybe it would bother you because you're thinking about it like a human, who aren't suppose to be worshiped. If you were a super human or alien that was above us or something that is worthy of worship, maybe you'd have a different mind set. shifty

Omega Vision
Depends on your meaning of "better". I don't mean better as in skill or anything like that. Like a better hockey player or anything. I mean better as in... eh, I don't really know how to fully explain. erm

I mean more in terms of God being better than me or you. That kind of "better". How do you quantify this 'beterness'?

TacDavey
Originally posted by Omega Vision
How do you quantify this 'beterness'?

There isn't a formula I know of. But that doesn't mean you can't tell. A perfect being is obviously "better" than an imperfect one.

AsbestosFlaygon
If said Alien(s):

a) possess(es) all of God's qualities (Omnipresence, omnipotence, omniscience) and it/they perform feats that prove said qualities

b) provide(s) sufficient and concrete evidence of its/their creation of life, matter, emotions, etc.

c) can answer all of man's problems and questions

then I see no reason why I should not worship them.

Bardock42
There isn't a formula I know of. But that doesn't mean you can't tell. A perfect being is obviously "better" than an imperfect one.

A "perfect" being is also illogical though.

alltoomany
To Server Man..lol

TacDavey
Originally posted by Bardock42
A "perfect" being is also illogical though.

How so?

alltoomany
near perfect

socool8520
I saw an "Ancient Aliens" show on the History channel that made an interesting arguement about Aliens being mistaken for Gods. Not saying I believe them, but I don't find it any less possible than any of the other religions I heard of. They made some pretty decent cases that peaked my interest. My answer to whether I would worship them or it would probably be no. I'm pretty sure the alien wouldn't care anyways.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.