Alan Scott Vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
A: King Thor
B: Current Thor
Alan is operating at full power.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/37527/1485735-jsa_042_0022_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/52044/1605426-thor_187_large.jpg

JakeTheBank
King Thor
Depends on how Thor uses Mjolnir here.

Zack Fair
Alan looks so dumb now

Prep-Man
He was paralyzed. It's not his final costume.

Digi
Thor in both. Not because he has more power, but because he's an anathema to GLs due to his energy soak. He could turn Alan's power against him quite easily. Obviously if he brawls like in 80-90% of his comics, he'll lose, but smart use of Mjolnir is key here, and can get him a majority.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Digi
Thor in both. Not because he has more power, but because he's an anathema to GLs due to his energy soak. He could turn Alan's power against him quite easily. Obviously if he brawls like in 80-90% of his comics, he'll lose, but smart use of Mjolnir is key here, and can get him a majority.

While I do think Mjolnir can absorb and block most of what Alan can throw at him, I don't think Thor could actually use the Starheart against Alan effectively. Alan's control and willpower over the same energy that sustains him would prevail in that instance.

Digi
I'm talking about constructs, energy blasts, etc. Thor can and has absorbed more powerful (Skyfather energy, blasts from Gungir, the recent Chaos War feats vs. that abstract thing, magical blasts, etc.) and can send it back at Alan 10x stronger (or 100x depending on the feat we consider closer to canon). If you believe he'd be impotent to absorb or redirect Alan's energy, so be it, and this is a stomp. I think he can, and therefore this is not only a good fight but squarely in Thor's favor.

batdude123
Obviously if he brawls like in 80-90% of his comics, he'll lose

http://i48.tinypic.com/xmixar.jpg

Mindset
oh no you diint

JakeTheBank
I'm talking about constructs, energy blasts, etc. Thor can and has absorbed more powerful (Skyfather energy, blasts from Gungir, the recent Chaos War feats vs. that abstract thing, magical blasts, etc.) and can send it back at Alan 10x stronger (or 100x depending on the feat we consider closer to canon). If you believe he'd be impotent to absorb or redirect Alan's energy, so be it, and this is a stomp. I think he can, and therefore this is not only a good fight but squarely in Thor's favor.

I agree he can absorb and redirect and defend against those blasts and constructs, yeah, but I don't think he can throw it back at Alan and expect it to deal damage to him when it's the same energy that makes up Alan's actual being, if that makes sense.

Digi
I see what you're saying now Jake. That becomes somewhat philosophical at that point, since we don't have clear evidence either way. it's a decent theory though, and if you're right, then Alan beats Thor without much problem.

All my comments are concerning Thor, not King Thor, btw. I don't know much about that incarnation of Thor.

JakeTheBank
I see what you're saying now Jake. That becomes somewhat philosophical at that point, since we don't have clear evidence either way. it's a decent theory though, and if you're right, then Alan beats Thor without much problem.

All my comments are concerning Thor, not King Thor, btw. I don't know much about that incarnation of Thor.

Well, Alan's resisted the energy of the Starheart being turned against him by Hector Hammond and has actually put up a decent fight against the actual Starheart entity. I think Mjolnir will definitely help in avoiding/blocking most of what Alan could throw at Thor and Thor does have the power to put down Alan, but I don't think Thor could use Alan's energy against him directly to beat him. GL types are bad matches against Thor as a rule, anyway, imo.

King Thor has more methods of beating Alan outside of Mjolnir (Odinforce) and would beat him more soundly, imo.

Uriel005
Honestly I'd have to see just how much a part of Scott is the energies he wields. If he is linked to the point that he could overcome mjolnir enchant and stop it from absorbing then there isn't much Thor could do to him. Honestly I'd put the Starheart superior to Odinforce because it is the amalgation of magical energy throughout the universe. Odinforce is good and Odin's enchantments on Mjolnir might be better but I doubt it's quite on that level. If Alan ever really unloaded everything on Thor I think this would be over pretty quick and no amount of energy absorbs is going to do anything about it. I'd need to see Scott develop some more before coming to a definitive opinion on the outcome as he is.

As it stands Thor 6/10 King Thor 8/10 just because I don't know how far Starheart is going to push Alan.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Uriel005
Honestly I'd have to see just how much a part of Scott is the energies he wields. If he is linked to the point that he could overcome mjolnir enchant and stop it from absorbing then there isn't much Thor could do to him. Honestly I'd put the Starheart is likely superior to Odinforce because it is the amalgation of magical energy throughout the universe. Odinforce is good and Odin's enchantments on Mjolnir might be better but I doubt it's quite on that level. If Alan ever really unloaded everything on Thor I think this would be over pretty quick and no amount of energy absorbs is going to do anything about it. I'd need to see Scott develop some more before coming to a definitive opinion on the outcome as he is.

As it stands Thor 6/10 King Thor 8/10 just because I don't know how far Starheart is going to push Alan.

His entire body is composed of the green flame of the Starheart at this point. His well being is entirely based on his willpower at the time. In a way, he's almost like a GL Gladiator in that sense. He bleeds only because he thinks he should, for example. It's been one of the JSA's recurring plot points for a few years considering Alan.

Mjolnir can absorb and block the Starheart's power, definitely, but turn it against Alan offensively, I don't see that happening, especially now.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
His entire body is composed of the green flame of the Starheart at this point. His well being is entirely based on his willpower at the time. In a way, he's almost like a GL Gladiator in that sense. He bleeds only because he thinks he should, for example. It's been one of the JSA's recurring plot points for a few years considering Alan.

Mjolnir can absorb and block the Starheart's power, definitely, but turn it against Alan offensively, I don't see that happening, especially now.

Couldn't Alan resist the energy drain? It's not like GL's haven't done that already.

Digi
Don't discount Thor's absorption, Uriel. He's absorbed absurd amounts of energy from power sources that are, frankly, greater than any version of Alan.

So yeah, tough fight to handicap. Jake gave me more pause than anticipated, so I'm really quite torn.

Digi
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Couldn't Alan resist the energy drain? It's not like GL's haven't done that already.

I think what we're talking about is absorption of Alan's offensive energy attacks. Nobody (I hope) thinks he could just drain Alan outright.

Prep-Man
Oh, ok. That makes sense.

JakeTheBank
I think what we're talking about is absorption of Alan's offensive energy attacks. Nobody (I hope) thinks he could just drain Alan outright.

thumb up

It's a really tough fight, honestly. Alan doesn't have a set power level like a Green Lantern ring, so Thor could absorb and block blasts for a long time and Alan will still be capped off at his typical power level. But Mjolnir is a powerful defensive weapon against energy manipulators like Alan.

Considering Alan's more powerful than he's ever been - which is saying a lot - I don't think Thor's absorbing feats net him an auto-win against him.

King Thor has the Odinforce to fall back on, but even then, Alan as Sentinel was fighting Trans and Skyfather beings and holding his own. Is this King Thor with one arm and Mjolnir-less or King Thor as he just became re-worthy again to wield Mjolnir?

Uriel005
I think what we're talking about is absorption of Alan's offensive energy attacks. Nobody (I hope) thinks he could just drain Alan outright. Thats what I was thinking and I know for a fact that Mjolnir needs to have limitations because if it didnt Odin would NEVER get beaten by anything less than an abstract so I believe that Starheart>>Mjolnir long run.

Blight
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Alan looks so dumb now

"Id"
Recently Alan took down an enemy the entire Justice League where having trouble with. He seems to have internalized the entire energy of the Star Heart. Currently his will power is the only thing that keeps the Star Hearts malevolence at bay. He also created Emerald City, while he lays in his deathbed.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/443/55718608.th.jpghttp://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2322/20342916.th.jpg
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/443/55718608.jpg
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2322/20342916.jpg

I see to two open topics. One against the Silver Surfer, and another against Thor. At this point, anything less than King Thor is not going to cut it. As to having the upper hand with Silver Surfer.

zopzop
Originally posted by Uriel005
Thats what I was thinking and I know for a fact that Mjolnir needs to have limitations because if it didnt Odin would NEVER get beaten by anything less than an abstract so I believe that Starheart>>Mjolnir long run.

That's some poor logic. You realize Thor has done things with Mjolnir that Odin hasn't right?

He and 3 (Thunderstrike, BRB, Dargo) others used their God Blasts to shore up the fabric of the multiverse. He's done more damage to the Celestials than 3 skyfathers or the Odin empowered Destroyer armor.

He's absorbed a galaxy busting blast and redirected it back at Glory.

Mjolnir isn't like the Quantum Bands (being limited to energies in the EM Spectrum). It's absorbed/redirected magic, em spectrum energies, psionic attacks, and other exotic energy types that are hard to quantify.

Thor take this easily.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by zopzop
Thor take this easily.

No, he doesn't.

Rage.Of.Olympus
A: King Thor.
B: Alan on average. Thor can step up his game to take him but whatever.

Warlord
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
King Thor
Depends on how Thor uses Mjolnir here.

Originally posted by "Id"
Recently Alan took down an enemy the entire Justice League where having trouble with. He seems to have internalized the entire energy of the Star Heart. Currently his will power is the only thing that keeps the Star Hearts malevolence at bay. He also created Emerald City, while he lays in his deathbed.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/443/55718608.th.jpghttp://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2322/20342916.th.jpg
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/443/55718608.jpg
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2322/20342916.jpg

I see to two open topics. One against the Silver Surfer, and another against Thor. At this point, anything less than King Thor is not going to cut it. As to having the upper hand with Silver Surfer. cant he heal himself?

Uriel005
Originally posted by 753
cant he heal himself? yes Alan is essentially energy now and immortal. He only ages because his perception hasn't wrapped around the fact that he is more an energy construct than anything else at this point

JakeTheBank
The fact that Alan still thinks of himself like a human being and breathes and bleeds only because he thinks he should is just about the only thing holding him back at this point.

"Id"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.