Cyclops vs. Starfire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robin Dc
Fight takes place in a city.

Silent Master
This is almost as big a mismatch as Wolverine vs Cyclops.

SamZED
Mismatch?

-Pr-
While I'm sure he could put her down eventually, she has more avenues of victory than he does, and she's more resilient than he is.

She wins.

Silent Master
Originally posted by SamZED
Mismatch?

One character's powers include energy blasts/flight/strength/durability and the other character is Scott.

Robin Dc
Originally posted by Silent Master
One character's powers include energy blasts/flight/strength/durability and the other character is Scott.
I don't think scott will let her go near for close combat and if she throws something at him he'll shoot through it. To me its more of who ever wears the other out with scott being more experienced with energy projectiles but starfire having her better durability.

Silent Master
Flight also gives her far better mobility.

MrMind
doesn't matter cyclops can do damage to her. starfire is way faster than her. one starbolt and cyclops done. I don't think cyclops will have chance to fire one beam in this fight, and even he fires a beam, starfire is capable of dodge it, even if the beam hits her, it's very unlikely to ko her.
from the other side cyclops got zero defense to any starfire's attacks
starfire 10/10

SamZED
One character's powers include energy blasts/flight/strength/durability and the other character is Scott. laughing out loud

Got it. Thught you were going with Cyke.

Robin Dc
Originally posted by MrMind
doesn't matter cyclops can do damage to her. starfire is way faster than her. one starbolt and cyclops done. I don't think cyclops will have chance to fire one beam in this fight, and even he fires a beam, starfire is capable of dodge it, even if the beam hits her, it's very unlikely to ko her.
starfire 10/10

Cyclops can also dodge attacks. and i forgot about her ability that she can do which she fires a huge blast that devastates a very large which will be the end of cyclops in the first few seconds so ill disable that in this fight.

MrMind
Originally posted by Robin Dc
Cyclops can also dodge attacks. and i forgot about her ability that she can do which she fires a huge blast that devastates a very large which will be the end of cyclops in the first few seconds so ill disable that in this fight.
cyclops is a 2 in speed, there's no way he can dodge starfire's attacks

Robin Dc
Then he would use his blasts defensivly

-Pr-

a 2?

Robin Dc
Originally posted by -Pr-
a 2? Yea i was wondering the same thingOriginally posted by MrMind
starfire 10/10 and i dont think starfire can dodge his attacks so easily

Silent Master
IIRC, 2 means normal human.

-Pr-
IIRC, 2 means normal human.

Oh, right. If she's using normal blasts, he can dodge those. it's when she starts wiping out whole sections of the battlefield that he's in trouble (which will probably happen anyway).

HandOfFate
starfire 10/10

Yeah, Kory would win here. I would even go so far and say her starbolts equal his optic blast.

Robin Dc
Imagine they both do their ultimate moves messed

MrMind
Then he would use his blasts defensivly
starfire flew light-years in space before, she's really fast. you really think cyclops will react to her? dude got normal human reflex, starfire will just punch him in the face before he can do anything. even if he did manage to fire an optic blast she will just block it with her starbolt. then close up the distance and finish him physically
this is not really a fair fight no matter how you look at it.

Robin Dc
starfire flew light-years in space before, she's really fast. you really think cyclops will react to her? dude got normal human reflex, starfire will just punch him in the face before he can do anything. even if he did manage to fire an optic blast she will just block it with her starbolt. then close up the distance and finish him physically
If she was able to attack that fast then she wouldnt have a problem fighting any of the titans foes

MrMind
If she was able to attack that fast then she wouldnt have a problem fighting any of the titans foes
you are saying that like cyclops is even close to villains that could took on titans (don't bring deathstroke up, dude is a walking plot device)

TricksterPriest
I've seen Slade tank her blasts. But he's got much better armor and durability than Cyke.

And Deathstroke would wreck Cyke.

Silent Master
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I've seen Slade tank her blasts. But he's got much better armor and durability than Cyke.

And Deathstroke would wreck Cyke.

Only if Scott lets him.

TricksterPriest
Get off my lawn is the only way he's beating Slade.

-Pr-

flying really fast doesn't equate to fast reflexes. decent reflexes sure, but she's been hit by non-speedsters before iirc.

Robin Dc
you are saying that like cyclops is even close to villains that could took on titans (don't bring deathstroke up, dude is a walking plot device) Shes a fast flyer thats it shes no superman with superspeed punching or reactions

Silent Master
Get off my lawn is the only way he's beating Slade.

It's one way, but not the only way.

Get off my lawn is the only way he's beating Slade. any wide blast will do

Robin Dc
It's one way, but not the only way. laughing out loud

MrMind
but she's been hit by non-speedsters before iirc.
of course, but they were not supposed to.
it's because plot required., remember identity crisis?
this is battle forum, if both opponents fight at their best abilities I don't see how scott will have a chance.

MrMind
Shes a fast flyer thats it shes no superman with superspeed punching or reactions
you're saying that like characters need to be close to superman level to beat freaking cyclops

Silent Master
Originally posted by 753
any wide blast will do

Or possibly a trick shot....Scott's taken out an entire room full of gunmen with a single blast before

you're saying that like characters need to be close to superman level to beat freaking cyclops

That is some serious Cyke respect.

leonidas
While I'm sure he could put her down eventually, she has more avenues of victory than he does, and she's more resilient than he is.

She wins.

yeah, she wins a very heavy majority. SF is pretty underrated.

Robin Dc
you're saying that like characters need to be close to superman level to beat freaking cyclops I was trying to even out this battle embarrasment if people were supporting scott alot more then star i would support star

Silent Master
I support Star becasue she's hot.

Well, that and because she has most of the advantages.

Konton
She either blitzes him like she's done to Dr. Light and Indigo or she laughs from the sky while his blasts vaporize against her forcefield.

-Pr-
I get that Cyclops won't win, but sheesh, some of the posts in this thread just make me smh...

Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, she wins a very heavy majority. SF is pretty underrated.

under by some, over by others. hard to find a happy medium.

Badabing
Starfire tanks Cyke's beam, just like Hulk! durclops

Silent Master
True, Starfire wouldn't laugh off his blasts.

Robin Dc
I get that Cyclops won't win, but sheesh, some of the posts in this thread just make me smh...

under by some, over by others. hard to find a happy medium. thumb up

MrMind
I was trying to even out this battle embarrasment if people were supporting scott alot more then star i would support star
how can you even out a mismatch? either way, this is not a close battle

Konton
She wouldn't "laugh" his blasts off. I'm sure he could do some damage. It's just that he has some issues to overcome.

1. Her flight. She's no speedster by any means, but she does rush down a lot of characters during confrontation.

2. Her forcefields.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=35ism6g&s=5
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=mj2z2d&s=5
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=24etc0n&s=5

I'm not sure exactly how her energy bolts could really "vaporize" his own beams, though. I want to say that his beam would be detonated and diffused on contact, but he's weird and it's just kinetic energy so idk. In a comic they would likely just lock up in a single energy beam struggle ala DBZ.

3. Her durability

She's taken hits from Wondy, Superman, the Astro Force, Luthor w/ gear, etc.

4. Her grit and subsequent rage.

Kory is a warrior, and she can take a hit before returning in full capacity - and more likely to be mad. When Luthor punctured her shoulder she was still running around extracting Supergirl from the rubble and had the gull to ask Kara to cauterize the wound with heat vision. One quick lazer surgery later and she was back in action.

5. His own durability. One blast and he's as dead as Deathstroke's son. One light jab and he would be lucky to survive.

Sin I AM
This is almost as big a mismatch as Wolverine vs Cyclops.

yes cause logan would be destroyed

Robin Dc
how can you even out a mismatch? either way, this is not a close battle

MrMind

didn't cyke take his visor off in that pic? he won't have a chance here.

-Pr-
he could get it off no problem. them being in a city, though, means he wouldn't.

Silent Master
Give Star telepathy, then she'll stop fighting so that she can ask him out.

Telepaths love Scott.

thumb up

MrMind
he won't take the visor off as soon as the battle started.
the fact is when he realize how big of a threat starfire is to him, he's already very dead.

-Pr-
Give Star telepathy, then she'll stop fighting so that she can ask him out.

Telepaths love Scott.

thumb up

That is true.

Prep-Man
Starfire.

hateallmen
Bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.