Astral showdown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Glorificus
Shaman Nate Grey with Mind Gem
Dr. Strange with Eye of Agamotto
Cassandra Nova with Cerebra, amped with Kick and Banshee

vs

Brainwave Jr.
PC Saturn Girl
Despero
Maxima
Martian Manhunter
Manchester Black

Fight on the astral plane. Which team wins?

King Kandy
I'd like to add... moondragon actually had to train to use the mind gem effectively... it doesn't automatically boost your psychic power that much just because you're a powerful psychic.

Glorificus
Assume Nate has had decent amount of practice with the gem.

King Kandy
We don't really know how powerful the gem is... other than it can give a telepath TK if they didn't already have it.

JakeTheBank
Well, the Hood with the Mind Gem recently resisted the TP of Xavier and wasn't even aware he was doing it.

inimalist
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Well, the Hood with the Mind Gem recently resisted the TP of Xavier and wasn't even aware he was doing it.

this + SNG = lulz

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by inimalist
this + SNG = lulz

Considering Hood's inept ass was able to ward off Xavier going all out with the Mind Gem and not being aware of wtf he was doing, I'd say Nate with the Gem would be pretty damn ridiculous.

King Kandy
moondragon must really suck, she failed to do things all the time when she had it. I never got the impression that she was boosted nearly that much.

but that is a good feat. i hadn't heard of that before and it certainly makes the gem seem more impressive.

Galan007
Originally posted by Glorificus
Assume Nate has had decent amount of practice with the gem. With this stip I could see him potentially soloing, tbh.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Galan007
With this stip I could see him potentially soloing, tbh.

Me, too.

This current Avengers arc is pretty much saying Hood is just about the least qualified person ever to have the Infinity Gems, and yet, he's able to perform quite a bit.

Galan007
Me, too.

This current Avengers arc is pretty much saying Hood is just about the least qualified person ever to have the Infinity Gems, and yet, he's able to perform quite a bit. Like you mentioned, most everything he's done with the gems thus far has been instinctual -- he has absolutely NO idea how to control them.

...Yet he's STILL a beast in comparison to everyone else.

inimalist
With this stip I could see him potentially soloing, tbh.

thats what I was thinking, I'm just not too familiar with any of the opponents or if they would have something to counter that

though, I'm not sure if they would have a lot of options anyways, especially given the fight is on the astral plane, so J'onn couldn't try to attack them physically or anything like that

Glorificus
Add PC Darkseid, Scanner, Tomorrow Woman, Captain Comet, Mageddon, and PC Esper Lass to Team 2 then.

"Id"
Recently the Hood beat Xavier in a contest of telepathy using the mind gem. I dont know how this plays out with Nate, but his Psi is greater than Moondragon by far.

TricksterPriest
Didn't he have a few other gems in addition to the mind gem? And didn't Strange ROFLPWN Moondragon with the gem? Granted, she does suck. But....let's not give no limits fallacy to the gem.

Classic Strange with the eye is a bigger threat IMO.

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Didn't he have a few other gems in addition to the mind gem? And didn't Strange ROFLPWN Moondragon with the gem? Granted, she does suck. But....let's not give no limits fallacy to the gem. The point is that the Hood has absolutely -no- idea how to use any of the gems, but still used the mind gem to resist Xavier-level TP.

In this thread, we are assuming that Nate is fairly adept with the gem. That + his already uber TP = winning.

galan_sheen

JakeTheBank
That + his already uber TP = http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VXqON6iddrM/TXWFa79zZpI/AAAAAAAAAKw/1z7ZlymIWGY/s1600/Charlie-Sheen-Winning-Poster.jpg

thumb up

it's not that moondragon sucked, the gems are being properly portrayed as the be-all artifacts they should be. I dont think the hood is incompetent with them either. he's doing everything based on intuition, but his instincts have been very good so far.

Galan007
^ Like the Watcher mentioned: he's got God-like powers, but is still fighting/thinking like a mortal. Hence him battling others physically, rather than just willing them out of existence.

^ Like the Watcher mentioned: he's got God-like powers, but is still fighting/thinking like a mortal. Hence him battling others physically, rather than just willing them out of existence. yes, but that's still pretty good, considering people's historical performances with the gems and the results he's getting out of them. of course, this is in part due to the way they're being written now, but the solutions he's finding with them work and he's getting better.

Galan007
^ Uhuh, he's still the worst wielder of the gems yet, though.

Even Nebula, Rune, and Lockjaw proved themselves WAY more adept with them.

I disagree

Galan007
Who wielded them worse than Hood, iyo?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.