Student teacher relationship

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

acomplicatedgir
Today i went to wattpad to read some ebooks but all i could see was stories about student teacher relationship.
This is madness, is it even possible?
i mean hot teachers are rare you know...
p.s in the story the teacher always has six pack... madness...lol

Super Marie 64
Is it possible? How is it impossible? And not everyone get together because of hotness, or six pack. Heaven knows, I've had better experience with those who don't have six pack.

acomplicatedgir
i found out that one of my friends life goals was to have a student teacher relationship lol
unfortunately there is no good candidates -_-'''

Super Marie 64
Or he/she is a shallow fool.

Bardock42
Originally posted by acomplicatedgir
i found out that one of my friends life goals was to have a student teacher relationship lol
unfortunately there is no good candidates -_-'''

Teacher-student relationships are way better anyways.

siriuswriter
Do you mean fan-fiction? Because those tween writers take on fads, and then hang on to them with a love like a fat person for french fries until the next fad comes along. I find it hard to believe that eBooks - ones from Barnes and Noble or Amazon would definitely have a wider selection.

lil bitchiness
I'm a teacher and I have a great relationship with my students - mind you, most of my students are a bit older than me - 28 to 43, but nothing inappropriate, of course and certainly nothing you could write a book about.

Lord Lucien
What do you teach?

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
What do you teach?

How to be socially awkward.

No, I teach Anglais.

ADarksideJedi
Everytime I watch the news I keep hearing about some teacher male and female being arrested for sleeping with a student.It is happening more and more and I wonder why?It is also narrowing down who we can trust with our kids.I am so glad I was homeschooled for the last two years of Highschool.

8seven
I think it`s inappropriate for obvious reasons with children and high school students... while I was in my first year of University, I had a professor who was 32, I joined college late, so I was 22 at the time... I`m 24 now fyi (In case of curious minds), any-hoo, I developed an intellectual relationship with her at first, a normal type of `give an apple` to the teacher kind of thing.... but we crossed paths, and this is no bullshit, in a Chapters lol...I was picking up some books and I seen her, I just said Hi, and asked if she wanted a Coffee, she obliged...we sat together and talked for maybe 2 hours on things not relating to education or school. She was single, very beautiful and leaving in the fall...nothing happened, then..but 2 months after; still attending her class, I asked her one day if she`d like to go for a coffee later that night...we ended up going for drinks instead..and your pretty aware of what ensued later in the evening.. but we kept it mutually as a one-night-stand type of ordeal, and I attended her class normally without any awkwardness, as I usually would. We never spoke about it, and we never got together again.....it`s actually ironic that I notice this topic right now because she actually e-mailed me a couple days ago. Anyways, the point is they do exist and if they`re a healthy adult relation...who the hell cares.

Carpp
I went to a highschool where the driver's ed teacher had sexual relationships with her students. you could probly google her, her name was Mrs Tapp

inimalist
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I'm a teacher and I have a great relationship with my students - mind you, most of my students are a bit older than me - 28 to 43, but nothing inappropriate, of course and certainly nothing you could write a book about.

considering you are all consenting adults, what would you consider inappropriate?

Bardock42
Originally posted by inimalist
considering you are all consenting adults, what would you consider inappropriate?

I don't think it would be the case in her case, since she probably doesn't give grades or certificates or anything, but potentially there could be some sort of position of power thing, I suppose.

dadudemon
I think they are fine, even at the highschool level. Just that the teacher needs to be really really damn close to 21 (intern) or 22 and the highschooler 17 or 18.

Though, it would be ethically sound to wait until after the semester is over...if they are your teacher/professor. In the case of highschool, it would also be sound if the younger party waited until they were 18.

When I was in highschool, there was an intern...and it was mutual. We never did anything about it and I wish I would have. I was 15. A regret I have till this day. sad

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
...I teach Anglais.

hmm

Hot.

acomplicatedgir
i sleepover my friends house yesterday turns out she was obsessed with student teacher relationship and i was freaked out then i found out it was coz her dad was once her moms history teacher. She got it from blood i guess.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't think it would be the case in her case, since she probably doesn't give grades or certificates or anything, but potentially there could be some sort of position of power thing, I suppose.

You're right. To adults I do not, as I teach business English and I am mostly situated at their companies.
My current group consists of architectural, structural and management engineers, few designers and some others within the division of civil engineering.

To teenagers, however, I do give out grades as I am employed at a private as well as a public school.
Teens in public schools here in China, are not concerned with speaking English - they're concerned with passing the exams so they can get into the best schools possible. (but that would be the case everywhere, I guess).

I have had 14 year old students ask for my number before - but I'm sure many teachers have experienced this at some point.

Originally posted by inimalist

Anything emotional-sexual, I suppose. I do get your point about the age. It sort of ''begs the question'' if the controversy of student-teacher relationship stems from the age difference...

stephenpolicia
Teachers can help children explore special interests or talents that can have a significant impact on future development. There are also limits to personal social interaction or even saw a between sexual students and teachers without compromising professional responsibilities.

johnright13
This is the best relation ever in world. Teacher is like a god. He gives many advice to student and student grasps it. Teacher gives best path to student for his better future. He makes student's future bright. He gives way to student's life. Student have to just follow that way and he can get a bright future. so this relationship is best ever in world.

King Kandy
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Everytime I watch the news I keep hearing about some teacher male and female being arrested for sleeping with a student.It is happening more and more and I wonder why?It is also narrowing down who we can trust with our kids.I am so glad I was homeschooled for the last two years of Highschool.
How do you know that you aren't just hearing about it more?

randyortonsss
According to me, the relation ship between teachers and students must be easy to understand the any query or topic.I am student of the BCA. And always respect our teachers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.