Afro DCU (Read for stips)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

illadelph12
Borrowing from the storyline from Afro Samurai, 10 magical Headbands of Power arrive in the DCU. Whoever possesses the #1 headband can only be challenged by the #2, and the #1 can achieve Godhood if he/she possesses all 10 headbands. At the onset of the event the bearers of the Headbands are the following:

#1 Mogo
#2 Doomsday
#3 Lex Luthor
#4 Mordru
#5 Mongul
#6 Monarch
#7 Darkseid
#8 Sinestro
#9 Atrocitus
#10 Alexander Nero

A pending cosmic disaster that no other power below Headband granted Godhood can prevent is about to befell the multiverse and destroy the DCU, however, due to the spell the Headbands have over sentient beings, the heroes and villians of the DCU have devolved to bloodthirsty savages killing and fighting amongst each other to climb the headband ladder, slaughtering all of the baseline, unpowered beings in the universe (save Batman, Mr. Terriffic, and a few others). While the heroes are no longer in their right minds to use team tactics, the universe has become a sort of battle royale. In 3 weeks the DCU will be destroyed. Is there any single being, including members on the list, that can collect all of the headbands, achieve Godhood, and save the DCU from annihilation.

Stips:
-No being above Monarch/Darkseid/Mogo level are allowed.
-Beings can work together to achieve a victory, but will try to kill each other once their opponent is dead.
-Only one character can challenge the #1 directly while possessing the #2 headband, but the #1 can attack anyone wearing headbands #3 and below, as well as non-headband bearers, at any point in time.
-All characters are totally and utterly bloodlusted.

Discuss.

Omega Vision
So they gain some kind of sizeable amp by collecting extra headbands?

Also if Mogo attacks any of the beings below 2 can they defend themselves?

McNasty996
I could see Monarch doing it with his only
competition being Darkseid and even that is in doubt.

illadelph12
Originally posted by Omega Vision
So they gain some kind of sizeable amp by collecting extra headbands?

Also if Mogo attacks any of the beings below 2 can they defend themselves?

For the 1st part of your question, within the Afro Samurai universe only possession of the #1 headband or all of the headbands granted an amp (All headbands = Godhood, #1 Headband = skill/ability amp. Justice had his regeneration power amped to near immortality while in possession of the #1, and only Afro as the #2 could kill him). Headbands 2-10 only mark you for combat (kind of like a planet wide game of King of the Mountain. If you wear one of those headbands everyone on the planet will be gunning for you with the chance of climbing the ladder, becoming #2, and challenging the #1).

Regarding if #3-10 or anyone else without a headband can defend themselves against the #1, yes, if Mogo attacks they could defend themselves. However, a character needs to possess the #2 in order to challenge the #1 rightfully and gain the power, then they can go about collecting headbands 2-10 to attain godhood.

Omega Vision
Monarch, Darkseid (depending on version) and Mordru (depending on the version) are definitely the most powerful players on the field.

Starscream M
I think the winner will not only have to be very powerful but also extremely intelligent and tactical...he would be someone who lets the others battle it out and weaken themselves before he enters the fray to clean up and claim the mantle

I dont know who that is though.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Starscream M
I think the winner will not only have to be very powerful but also extremely intelligent and tactical...he would be someone who lets the others battle it out and weaken themselves before he enters the fray to clean up and claim the mantle

I dont know who that is though.
Darkseid in the DCU is basically the king of sitting on his throne and watching heroes battle the Cosmic terror of the week and supplying assistance with the caveat that "the next time we meet it won't be as allies".

Of all the people here he comes the closest to fulfilling your stipulations.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Darkseid in the DCU is basically the king of sitting on his throne and watching heroes battle the Cosmic terror of the week and supplying assistance with the caveat that "the next time we meet it won't be as allies".

Of all the people here he comes the closest to fulfilling your stipulations. how about lex? the reason I mention him is I find darkseid's pride is a weakness that lex can exploit. lex is more like a weasel, he'll sink to any depths to get an advantage.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Starscream M
how about lex? the reason I mention him is I find darkseid's pride is a weakness that lex can exploit. lex is more like a weasel, he'll sink to any depths to get an advantage.
Lol.

Lex Luthor has way more pride than Darkseid. His entire raison d'etre is pretty much to make himself a God figure for all humankind to look up to and aspire to, its why he hates Superman so much, because Superman is someone he can never be and by extension someone the people of the world can never be, ergo in his skewed philosophy Superman is a kind of False God.

The difference between Lex and Darkseid is that at the end of the day Lex does have his limits and limitations as to what he will do. Darkseid doesn't. Final Crisis demonstrated that wonderfully.

Not to mention Darkseid has FAR superior resources, a greater knowledge base, and arguably better prep feats and skills.

Existere
Originally posted by illadelph12
Can anybody attack headband number 2? or do they need to start at 10, and work their way up (get 9, then 8 and so on)?

JakeTheBank
I think Mordru can take this. The dude can't die to begin with and if he begins accumulating sources of magic to further bolster his own power - especially if this is Mordru with Sorcerer's World already at his disposal - and he stands a good chance of winning. Darkseid and Monarch are the other likely winners in this save him, all things considered.

illadelph12
Originally posted by Existere
Can anybody attack headband number 2? or do they need to start at 10, and work their way up (get 9, then 8 and so on)?

Anyone can attack anyone from 2-10 at anytime, you simply have to be the #2 to challenge and become the #1.

illadelph12
Also, the combatants aren't limited to the people listed above, these are simply the headband bearers at the beginning of the event. Supes, GL, Black Adam, etc are in the field as well.

Existere
I imagine Mordru finding most of his time occupied dealing with a crazy Jakeem Thunder trying to command his genie to get the headband from Mordru.

Then some smaller agent (a Clock King/Deathstroke/random whoever type) uses the moment to lead them to take themselves out, grabs the headband, gets crushed by Luthor, who appears to have outsmarted everybody, only to find that Darkseid had planned for that eventuality.

But really, it's impossible to tell with this many factors.

psycho gundam
yeah man, make this street level (and/or low meta) and it gets way better

batdude123
The racist nature of this thread upsets me.

Reported.

JakeTheBank
Delph, better put your clip in!

Mindset
MAH DICK IS HARD!

illadelph12
Originally posted by psycho gundam
yeah man, make this street level (and/or low meta) and it gets way better

Hmm...

So should I make a new thread, or just edit this one down to street?

psycho gundam
new one for the metas or whatever

this is an awesome concept

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.