Peter Parker vs. Luke Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Both powerless. Who takes it?

Parmaniac
http://www.whattothinkweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/christ-middle-finger.jpg

SamZED
Powerless? Cage is bigger and stronger. Real-life logic FTW.

JakeTheBank
Cage.

Mindset
Dumb thread.

marwash22
Peter stomps Cage... all day! 313

BigSid
Weedy Nerd vs muscular ex con and former gang member...

Isn't that the recipe for a mugging?

Black bolt z
Cage does to Peter what he did to Doom.

Dum Dum Dugan
If they had powers I see spiderman beasting luke. With out it, the larger, stronger guy will wins who best friend happens to be one of the greatest MA's on the planet

rotiart
Wasn't there an issue where Peter lost his powers but was still
Plenty athletic due to the actual physical activity he does? Not saying he'd win at all.. But you know

jalek moye
Originally posted by rotiart
Plenty athletic due to the actual physical activity he does? Not saying he'd win at all.. But you know

He's a decently athletetic guy, But So is Cage only hes also alot bigger, stronger, tougher, and meaner. And more used to brawling

Omega Vision
Originally posted by jalek moye
He's a decently athletetic guy, But So is Cage only hes also alot bigger, stronger, tougher, and meaner. And more used to brawling
Luke Cage also hangs out all the time with a Top Tier MAer. Luke Cage is bound to have soaked up some of that skill through proximity.

Everyone knows Spider-Man is weak to MA.

Luke Cage stomps 10/10. dur

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Luke Cage also hangs out all the time with a Top Tier MAer. Luke Cage is bound to have soaked up some of that skill through proximity.

Everyone knows Spider-Man is weak to MA.

Luke Cage stomps 10/10.

fix'd

Omega Vision
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
fix'd
At some point in your life did a man in a Spider-Man costume touch you inappropriately? stick out tongue

Parmaniac
fix'd WwlNPhn64TA&feature=related

Black bolt z
fix'd What did you change?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Black bolt z
What did you change? dur

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Parmaniac
dur Thats what I thought. But I didn't see anything else.

Parmaniac
Thats what I thought. But I didn't see anything else. That's the point, Omega added it to exaggarate and show that the whole post (his own) is bull, while Stilt edited the dur out to show that it's not and actually accurate.

And now see what I do cause I have to explain this to you facepalm

Omega Vision
^LOL

But seriously, Cage ftw.

Black bolt z
That's the point, Omega added it to exaggarate and show that the whole post (his own) is bull, while Stilt edited the dur out to show that it's not and actually accurate.

And now see what I do cause I have to explain this to you facepalm Shush or i'll send delph on you sneer

Omega Vision
Shush or i'll send delph on you sneer
Delph doesn't answer to you.

SamZED
Originally posted by rotiart
Plenty athletic due to the actual physical activity he does? Not saying he'd win at all.. But you know Yeah, he was dodging attacks from like 4 superillains for some time (well they werent actually real, they were copies but sill). Id say he's more agile than Cage even when powerless. Cage's got weight going for him so he wins.

SamZED
WwlNPhn64TA&feature=related
In soviet russia mushrooms eat you.

marwash22
Shush or i'll send delph on you sneer homo?

Kid Kurdy
Both powerless. Who takes it?
Both powerless ? The strength difference isn't as big as some make it seem.

Even powerless, Peter Parker still is an agile, fast and athletic guy. Cage is a bit bigger and a bit stronger, but that's it.

Peter Parker is (probably) faster, way smarter and way way way more experienced.

I'd say Parker takes this 6,5/10.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Both powerless ? The strength difference isn't as big as some make it seem.

Even powerless, Peter Parker still is an agile, fast and athletic guy. Cage is a bit bigger and a bit stronger, but that's it.

Peter Parker is (probably) faster, way smarter and way way way more experienced.

I'd say Parker takes this 6,5/10.
A bit bigger? A bit stronger?

Luke has about eight inches and more than a 100 lbs on Parker, pretty much all of it muscle. He could bench press Parker with ease, whereas I can't say the same for depowered Parker benching him period.

He's got a big reach advantage which can be a killer in a fight between people of roughly equal skill.

Where do you get that Parker is way more experienced than Luke? Pretty sure Cage was part of a street gang for most of his youth, then was a convict, and then became a superhero. He's older than Parker. If anything it's Cage who has more fighting experience than Parker.

Intelligence won't matter much in a random fight.

I'd say Parker has one advantage: agility, and I don't see that netting him the majority.

Kid Kurdy
A bit bigger? A bit stronger?

Luke has about eight inches and more than a 100 lbs on Parker, pretty much all of it muscle. He could bench press Parker with ease, whereas I can't say the same for depowered Parker benching him period.
He is stronger, true. But it's not like he's as strong as let's say Conan, or Cap, or Daredevil, or even Punisher.

He's just stronger. No big deal.

A "big reach advantage" ? He's a big guy, nothing more, he's not Reed Richards.

Fighting in street gangs once in a while is one thing. Fighting for your life every day since you're a teenager and fighting super powered beings is on another level.

Peter Parker has lots of experience fighting people who are more powerful than him. Compared to Parker, Cage doesn't.

Yes it would.

marwash22
I'd say Parker has one advantage: agility, and I don't see that netting him the majority. i don't see it getting him a single win, forget a majority.

Omega Vision

He is stronger, true. But it's not like he's as strong as let's say Conan, or Cap, or Daredevil, or even Punisher.

He's just stronger. No big deal.

A "big reach advantage" ? He's a big guy, nothing more, he's not Reed Richards.

Fighting in street gangs once in a while is one thing. Fighting for your life every day since you're a teenager and fighting super powered beings is on another level.

Peter Parker has lots of experience fighting people who are more powerful than him. Compared to Parker, Cage doesn't.

Yes it would.
You've clearly never been in a fight with a guy a foot taller than you.

Unless you're just plain better in some major area (strength, skill, speed) you generally get beaten. Just look at Jack Johnson vs Jess Willard. Jack was far more experienced and skilled as well as faster, but Willard was just too long in the arm and too big for Jack to put down.

Saying DP Luke isn't as strong as a Peak Human and doesn't have the same reach as Reed Richards doesn't change the fact that he IS comfortably stronger than Pete and has greatly superior reach.

Lol. Are you counting Pete getting beaten to shit by bullies as "fighting for his life"? Or comparing the menace of regular High School bullies to street gang members? erm

Cage fights out of his weight class all the time. He's fought Hulk, he's fought Iron Man.

How would intelligence matter? It didn't help Parker deal with all the bullies who beat his ass and shoved him in lockers before he got powers. It won't help him here.

Parmaniac
Lol. Are you counting Pete getting beaten to shit by bullies as "fighting for his life"? Or comparing the menace of regular High School bullies to street gang members? erm Pete started as Spider-man in his teenage years and actually grew up in comic timeline, he's now around mid 20s or something. I don't think he refers to the Nerd gets bullied stuff before he got bitten.

the ninjak
Web Shooters aint powers.

Kid Kurdy
Saying DP Luke isn't as strong as a Peak Human and doesn't have the same reach as Reed Richards doesn't change the fact that he IS comfortably stronger than Pete and has greatly superior reach.

Lol. Are you counting Pete getting beaten to shit by bullies as "fighting for his life"? Or comparing the menace of regular High School bullies to street gang members? erm

Cage fights out of his weight class all the time. He's fought Hulk, he's fought Iron Man.

How would intelligence matter? It didn't help Parker deal with all the bullies who beat his ass and shoved him in lockers before he got powers. It won't help him here.
I'm not talking about 16 year old nerd Parker, but about mid twenties Parker. Big difference. Huge difference.

I really thought that was clear.

StiltmanFTW
Cage knows some ninja shit, he rapes Petey cool

Parmaniac
Cage worked as a Gesha if anyone gets raped it's him.

marwash22
Royce Gracie used to beat the shit out of dudes who outweighed him all the time... just sayin'.

Black bolt z
Delph doesn't answer to you. Thats what he thinks.

inimalist
Originally posted by marwash22
Royce Gracie used to beat the shit out of dudes who outweighed him all the time... just sayin'.

man, I must have missed the issue where a depowered parker developed his own MA style...

marwash22
Originally posted by inimalist
man, I must have missed the issue where a depowered parker developed his own MA style... you also must have missed the part where i said Peter gets no wins at all. Here, lemme get that for ya:

i don't see it getting him a single win, forget a majority.

wink.

i was replying to the notion that a smaller, more skilled person wouldn't take out a larger, less skilled person on a consistent basis. Didn't say a damn thing about Peter knowing MA.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by inimalist
man, I must have missed the issue where a depowered parker developed his own MA style... Actually he has... stick out tongue He described it in an old comic.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Actually he has... stick out tongue He described it in an old comic. It was written on papyrus by Stan Lee himself. Only 2 copies exist me and C-Master got em.

Tha C-Master
It was written on papyrus by Stan Lee himself. Only 2 copies exist me and C-Master got em. He said he created his own styles, watching Bruce Lee vids and mixing it with his own reflexes, something like that.

Parmaniac
He said he created his own styles, watching Bruce Lee vids and mixing it with his own reflexes, something like that. are you cereal here?

Tha C-Master
Yea, I'll look for it, or at least a quote.

Dum Dum Dugan
He said he created his own styles, watching Bruce Lee vids and mixing it with his own reflexes, something like that.
You mean when spiderman was stated have unique fighting style?

It was based off simply using his powers, he did not create a new type of fighting style nor would it aid him here. (though not saying you were argueing that, just general statement to the thread)

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
You mean when spiderman was stated have unique fighting style?

It was based off simply using his powers, he did not create a new type of fighting style nor would it aid him here. (though not saying you were argueing that, just general statement to the thread) That meant he created it. Creating a style means you use your own in simple terms.

I wasn't saying he'd win. stick out tongue

inimalist
you also must have missed the part where i said Peter gets no wins at all. Here, lemme get that for ya:

wink.

i was replying to the notion that a smaller, more skilled person wouldn't take out a larger, less skilled person on a consistent basis. Didn't say a damn thing about Peter knowing MA.

you expect me to keep track of who posts what opinions on a match?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

stick out tongue

SamZED
It was written on papyrus by Stan Lee himself. Only 2 copies exist me and C-Master got em. Thats what you think. stick out tongue

Tha C-Master
SamZ got them too.

Warlord
Peter

Tazer
Yo.

didnt Spidey get a taste of the Cap-training?? if so, I'd prolly say him.

theres also the point that Cage isnt used to being hurt, and Peter could exploit that.........

Tazer

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

didnt Spidey get a taste of the Cap-training?? if so, I'd prolly say him.

theres also the point that Cage isnt used to being hurt, and Peter could exploit that.........

Tazer
He received a little training, not much. Deffiently not more training from capt then luke has had from iron fist . That deffiently would not give pete the win against the bigger stronger opponents who best friend is one of marvels top MAs.

Luke has been hurt numerous times.

Tazer
Yo.

but Luke isnt in the HABIT of being hurt, whereas Pete has cut his teeth on fighting bigger, stronger opponents & being hurt in the process; I cant help but think Pete has an edge here....................

Tazer

Dum Dum Dugan
Yo.

but Luke isnt in the HABIT of being hurt, whereas Pete has cut his teeth on fighting bigger, stronger opponents & being hurt in the process; I cant help but think Pete has an edge here....................

Tazer

And spiderman not in the habit of being hit. The arguement works both ways.

Peter accomplishes this through powers not through his fighting skills. With out his powers he nothing impressive, any street level worth there gritt would stomp him.

Kid Kurdy
Spider-Man has been hit hundreds and hundreds of times, from simple crooks to class 100 characters.

Tazer
Yo.

Peter accomplishes this through powers not through his fighting skills. With out his powers he nothing impressive, any street level worth there gritt would stomp him.

true.........but that last part *also* works both ways, since theres no guage we have for how strong Luke would be w/o his powers; we just assume he must be massively moreso since he's muscular, yet that doesnt translate into auto-win against somebody whos also in good physical condition, but just not as eye-catchingly so.

Tazer

Dum Dum Dugan
Yo.

true.........but that last part *also* works both ways, since theres no guage we have for how strong Luke would be w/o his powers; we just assume he must be massively moreso since he's muscular, yet that doesnt translate into auto-win against somebody whos also in good physical condition, but just not as eye-catchingly so.

Tazer
Dude if you weight 100 pounds more then your opponent and posses a signifcant reach advantage your going to win unless the person is much more skilled then you. This idea that it goes both ways it just not true. Cage is significantly larger he be several weight classes above him. It quite easy to see who would win. I honestly think your reaching.

Starscream M
Dude if you weight 100 pounds more then your opponent and posses a signifcant reach advantage your going to win unless the person is much more skilled then you. This idea that it goes both ways it just not true. Cage is significantly larger he be several weight classes above him. It quite easy to see who would win. I honestly think your reaching. yep.

Dum Dum Dugan
Spider-Man has been hit hundreds and hundreds of times, from simple crooks to class 100 characters.
yes and luke being hurt just as consistently. So your point is? confused

SamZED
SamZ got them too. cool

With out his powers he nothing impressive I cant agree here, DD. He's still skilled, fast and agile. Even without powers years of experience and thousnads upon thousands battles would do that to you. That was shown when he lost his powers in the older books. And that is the reason he constantly beats characters who are stronger and faster than him. Not saying he wins this particular fight, I personally give this to Luke, but I do not believe Cage is more skilled just because he's had training with IF, Parker's got plenty of training as well as experience to the point he surprised IF with his skills. And even powerless he's faster and more agile than Luke. Cage wins this fight because of his weight and reach advantage. But only because of that.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by SamZED
cool

I cant agree here, DD. He's still skilled, fast and agile. Even without powers years of experience and thousnads upon thousands battles would do that to you. That was shown when he lost his powers in the older books. And that is the reason he constantly beats characters who are stronger and faster than him. Not saying he wins this particular fight, I personally give this to Luke, but I do not believe Cage is more skilled just because he's had training with IF, Parker's got plenty of training as well as experience to the point he surprised IF with his skills. And even powerless he's faster and more agile than Luke. Cage wins this fight because of his weight and reach advantage. But only because of that.
I mean when compared to his powered self. Him with out powers is not going to be much of a threat to any street leveler worth there gritt (nor would luke). I not saying Luke more skilled, in fact there likely around the same level of skill, but skill hardly matter in this fight. It going to come down to who physically more dominate and that is Luke.

When did spiderman ever surprise IF with fighting skill?

I know, thats what I have been saying since my first post. Luke wins becuase he physically much largers and has superior reach.

SamZED
I mean when compared to his powered self. Him with out powers is not going to be much of a threat to any street leveler worth there gritt (nor would luke). I not saying Luke more skilled, in fact there likely around the same level of skill, but skill hardly matter in this fight. It going to come down to who physically more dominate and that is Luke.
Agreed 100%.

When did spiderman ever surprise IF with fighting skill?
When they fought on a rooftop. When he tossed him into a sign. He also fought Shang Chi on his terms. (the old fight)

Dum Dum Dugan
Agreed 100%.

When they fought on a rooftop. When he tossed him into a sign. He also fought Shang Chi on his terms. (the old fight)

I think I own the issue, is that the one were IF uses the dark to help him gian an advantage but he underestimates how good spidermans spider sense is.

Is that the old school issue around the time he fought SS. He and Shang-chi have h2h fight.

SamZED
I think I own the issue, is that the one were IF uses the dark to help him gian an advantage but he underestimates how good spidermans spider sense is.

Is that the old school issue around the time he fought SS. He and Shang-chi have h2h fight.

Yeah, but im not talking abut the ss part but the one where SM uses his own mometum against IF.

Yes, iirc that's the one. They wrestled, the whole "use your opponents strength and weight against him" thing. Spider-man eventually jumped to the ceiling but for awhile held his own using locks/throws etc

Tazer
Yo.

Dude if you weight 100 pounds more then your opponent and posses a signifcant reach advantage your going to win unless the person is much more skilled then you. This idea that it goes both ways it just not true. Cage is significantly larger he be several weight classes above him. It quite easy to see who would win. I honestly think your reaching.

and Id like to remind U that size does *not* = autowin

sure I'll grant that Pete prolly isnt as physically strong, but that doesnt mean hes a weakling by any means, nor is he stupid he stupid enuff to try to fight Luke in ways that would clearly give *him* the advantage (like a straight-up fist-fight would.)

Tazer

Omega Vision
My problem with the idea of Pete winning is I'm not sure short of using some kind of weapon how he can actually put a guy like Luke down.

No size isn't everything, there are big guys who have glass jaws, but Luke isn't one of those guys.

I do see Pete's agility allowing him to stay in the fight and maybe get some good licks in but I just don't see him putting down Luke before Luke puts him down.

Dum Dum Dugan
Yo.

and Id like to remind U that size does *not* = autowin

sure I'll grant that Pete prolly isnt as physically strong, but that doesnt mean hes a weakling by any means, nor is he stupid he stupid enuff to try to fight Luke in ways that would clearly give *him* the advantage (like a straight-up fist-fight would.)

Tazer
It does when you equally as skilled.

Prolly isent? I get you like spiderman, but now your just reaching. There is no way Luke is not stronger then peter. There is a massive difference in size. I dont think you get how much larger Luke is then Peter. He is around 100 pounds heavier. That is a massive advantage.

Please explain to me how else Peter is supose to fight Luke. Honestly you seems to be reaching badly.

Dum Dum Dugan

No size isn't everything, there are big guys who have glass jaws, but Luke isn't one of those guys.

so true, luke aint some un tested big guy. He a large Mother ****er who been tested in battle numerous times.

I do see Pete's agility allowing him to stay in the fight and maybe get some good licks in but I just don't see him putting down Luke before Luke puts him down.
I agree completely.

praying-mantis
without having the whole thread so i dont know if it was covered but
peter parker would win because his webs are not power based neither
was the original design of his tracers so even if he didnt tie/up suffocate
cage he could keep trying cage would have zero rest being stalked by
parker who is relentless

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by praying-mantis
without having the whole thread so i dont know if it was covered but
peter parker would win because his webs are not power based neither
was the original design of his tracers so even if he didnt tie/up suffocate
cage he could keep trying cage would have zero rest being stalked by
parker who is relentless

He does not have his web shooters. It supposed to be straight up h2h fight.

praying-mantis
eww hope peter has a 2nd pair of glasses

Tazer
Yo.

Prolly isent? I get you like spiderman, but now your just reaching. There is no way Luke is not stronger then peter. There is a massive difference in size. I dont think you get how much larger Luke is then Peter. He is around 100 pounds heavier. That is a massive advantage.

Please explain to me how else Peter is supose to fight Luke. Honestly you seems to be reaching badly.

I say "prolly isnt" due to the fact that I have NO PROOF WATSOEVER that non-powered Luke is stronger than un-powered Pete; and statements along those lines is *pure speculation*. note that I do think he likely is, but Ive got nothing to say this is so either way.

and Pete *could* lead Cage on a chase to some area that he has rigged as a trap since they DO GET PREP (not much granted but its there), and Pete (powers or not) is much smarter than him & quite capable of pulling off a win that way.

Tazer

Mindset
peter porker

Tazer
Yo.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm............Spider-Hammmm...........

wink

Tazer

Dum Dum Dugan
Yo.

I say "prolly isnt" due to the fact that I have NO PROOF WATSOEVER that non-powered Luke is stronger than un-powered Pete; and statements along those lines is *pure speculation*. note that I do think he likely is, but Ive got nothing to say this is so either way.

and Pete *could* lead Cage on a chase to some area that he has rigged as a trap since they DO GET PREP (not much granted but its there), and Pete (powers or not) is much smarter than him & quite capable of pulling off a win that way.

Tazer
Dude just stop. This is just silly. Neither one has strength feats from being depowered. But why would you think Luke who already stronger then Peter while powered would be weaker depowered when he 100 pounds heavier? come on man it pretty easy to form educated opinion on who stronger. The guy who 140 pounds or the guy who 240 pounds.

So now Peter has rigged an area prior to the fight laughing. Now your just plain being bias and reach to absurd level. he does not get prep time before the fight nor is there an items he could use to make a trapp. Your reaching plain and simple. Fact you dont realise it shows perhaps you can't look at this fight subjectively.

SamZED
Id say they're about equel in strength when powered. Luke is def stronger when depowered though, yeah.

Dum Dum Dugan
Id say they're about equel in strength when powered. Luke is def stronger when depowered though, yeah.
feat wise I say that is very true, but currently I think Luke stronger when side by side currently (bendis Luke is pretty dam strong). Now will that stay is the question.

Lord_Talron
pete abuses his superior agility and speed to tire cage down and land small quick hits. pete wins.

Omega Vision

I wouldn't be surprised if Cage is a full 2x as strong as DP Spidey when also depowered.

Originally posted by Lord_Talron
pete abuses his superior agility and speed to tire cage down and land small quick hits. pete wins.
I really don't see agility offsetting the huge strength, damage soak, and reach advantage Cage enjoys.

What makes you think Pete won't tire himself out by jumping around while Cage stays still and rope a dopes?

I get that some people really want Spider-Man to win, but lets not kid ourselves. He's at a big disadvantage in this fight.

Deadline

He has agility without his powers?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Deadline
He has agility without his powers?
Nowhere near when he does have powers, but he has shown when depowered that he's agile enough to avoid attacks from a few supervillains.

StiltmanFTW
Nowhere near when he does have powers, but he has shown when depowered that he's agile enough to avoid attacks from a few supervillains.

Fake supervillains. Luke has better agility feats than that.

SamZED
Fake supervillains. Luke has better agility feats than that. The electric bolts were real enough. So were the other attacks he dodged in the depowered state.cool

Dum Dum Dugan
Peter vs Night crawler would look like a cool fight depowered.

Tazer
Yo.

Dude just stop. This is just silly. Neither one has strength feats from being depowered. But why would you think Luke who already stronger then Peter while powered would be weaker depowered when he 100 pounds heavier? come on man it pretty easy to form educated opinion on who stronger. The guy who 140 pounds or the guy who 240 pounds.

So now Peter has rigged an area prior to the fight laughing. Now your just plain being bias and reach to absurd level. he does not get prep time before the fight nor is there an items he could use to make a trapp. Your reaching plain and simple. Fact you dont realise it shows perhaps you can't look at this fight subjectively.

well, if theres NO feats from when either R depowered then any argument on either side is unproven conjecture, however given how much Cage weighs currently, Id be willing to bet hes gonna lose *atleast* 1/2 of his 425 poundage when depowered since I doubt he would weight that much normally. and if that *IS* the case, then that means theres only about a 50lbs diff (Spidey weighs 167 according to Marvel) between them..........and thats not an insurmountable goal to overcome by any means.

as for the other, I gotta admit that I thought the standard rule was all characters get 10mins prep; I took another look & see that I goofed up there, so gomen nasai.

that being said, I STILL SAY that this fight is far from "clearly a win" for Cage by any means, and I *do think* Pete does better than yur willing to give him.

Tazer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.