Trans Tier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
*Note, this isn't a thread for arguing placement or anything like that, this is just a general question.

Of the main tiers I think the least well defined is the Trans Tier. What I'm wondering is what people here think are "trans feats" besides the obvious like wrecking multiple Heralds at once.

JakeTheBank
I think trans feats include briefly stalemating or enduring prolonged encounters with someone clearly of Skyfather or above power under their own power/ability. A Skyfather should soundly beat a High Herald, or at least make it clear that they are beyond them without much doubt. Someone who can hang with a Skyfather, does it consistently, but doesn't display that Skyfather level power on their own while still being above most other High Heralds without stomping them, can be argued to be a Trans level character or at least, displays Trans level feats.

Black bolt z
Trans feats would be feats between high herald and low skyather feats.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I think trans feats include briefly stalemating or enduring prolonged encounters with someone clearly of Skyfather or above power under their own power/ability. A Skyfather should soundly beat a High Herald, or at least make it clear that they are beyond them without much doubt. Someone who can hang with a Skyfather, does it consistently, but doesn't display that Skyfather level power on their own while still being above most other High Heralds without stomping them, can be argued to be a Trans level character or at least, displays Trans level feats.
What I really want to know is if there are any feats that aren't necessarily combat related that would make someone Trans.
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Trans feats would be feats between high herald and low skyather feats.
How to say this without sounding mean or snide...

...thanks for stating the blatantly obvious stick out tongue

Colossus-Big C
trans is pretty much low skyfather imo.

although by jake definition , high end thor and surfer would be trans

Colossus-Big C
i think we should just name all the trans tier characters

marvell
high end thor
high end surfer
high end superman
onslaught
SBP
Runner
Void Sentry

dmills
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
i think we should just name all the trans tier characters

marvell
high end thor
high end surfer
high end superman
onslaught
SBP
Runner
Void Sentry

Yep
No
No
No
Yep
Yep
Iffy
Yep

TricksterPriest
Not having matter manipulation, I believe, is one of the cut offs between trans and skyfather. Which is why PC Validus, an absolute monster, is only trans.

Tha C-Master
CISless Flash and Zoom too. Broken broken.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Not having matter manipulation, I believe, is one of the cut offs between trans and skyfather. Which is why PC Validus, an absolute monster, is only trans.
Eh.

Thanos and Post Crisis Darkseid are Trans and they have Matter Manip.

Lots of Heralds have matter manip.

What I want to know is what level of power is "Trans level"

Like would busting a Solar System be Trans or High Herald?

Digi
For reference, since a LOT of people don't actually know what was originally used as criteria for the label (Trans tier is a KMC construct, btw, don't expect to see it elsewhere)...anyway, the criteria was this:

Above Surfer, Below Odin. Fin.

I've seen some wonky ideas about how it is or should be defined. But that was it.

Anyway, this is being closely watched. Tiers threads don't really work on the forums like people think they should, and there's a reason they've been closed.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Digi
For reference, since a LOT of people don't actually know what was originally used as criteria for the label (Trans tier is a KMC construct, btw, don't expect to see it elsewhere)...anyway, the criteria was this:

Above Surfer, Below Odin. Fin.

I've seen some wonky ideas about how it is or should be defined. But that was it.

Anyway, this is being closely watched. Tiers threads don't really work on the forums like people think they should, and there's a reason they've been closed.
I understand that.

I also understand that these tiers are just rough guidelines rather than absolute barometers of power.

It just seems to me that there are certain feats understood to be Herald level, Meta Level, Street level, and Skyfather, Skyfather+ level independent of combat, whereas Trans Tier is seemingly defined by "how many Heralds you can woop" or "how long you can last against a Skyfather"

Digi
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I understand that.

I also understand that these tiers are just rough guidelines rather than absolute barometers of power.

It just seems to me that there are certain feats understood to be Herald level, Meta Level, Street level, and Skyfather, Skyfather+ level independent of combat, whereas Trans Tier is seemingly defined by "how many Heralds you can woop" or "how long you can last against a Skyfather"

Agreed. It's an odd tier. Though to be fair, every other "tier" (Herald, meta, etc.) has essentially 3x the power range of Trans, since they're all technically 3 tiers. There's more in common across such a broad spectrum, whereas Trans is trying to identify commonalities among, perhaps, 20-25 generally-known characters in comics, not 100's like the others.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.