Byakuya Kuchiki vs Kenpachi Zaracki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McNasty996
Byakuya Kuchiki

Vs

Kenpachi Zaracki

Fight to ko, incapacitation, or kill
Both are willing to fight to full capabilities
Zaracki is serious about the match

RE: Blaxican
For some reason I picture Kenny just wading through Byakuya's senbonsakura and slicing him in fast. no expression

Speed goes to Byakuya, and he's got the ranged advantage, but Kenny's more durable and stronger.

Realistically, probably Byakuya.

Samurai100
Agreed

If it was Kenny from the movies and fillers though........

General_Iroh
I'd have to give it to Kenpachi. At the end of the day an all-out kenpachi is just too ridiculous. I'd reference their fight during the filler season, but neither went beyond messing around if I remember correctly. But based on the fact that Kenpachi could one shot the fourth espada I don't think Byakuya could take him. Kenpachi is definitely taking some damage, but like his fight with Tousen once he gets ahold of him it's game blouses.

dadudemon
That one dude...the little brother of the hot chick with the pyrotechnics...said that Byakuya (We're on a first name basis, Kuchiki-sama and I) had more reiatesu than Kenpachi. This was in the manga. It was when they were on the bridge rescuing Rukia.

Also, Renji's sword (towards the very end when he was running out of reiatesu) couldn't cut Byakuya in their fight when they fought near the pillars in the same arc. This should prove how much reiryoku that he has.

That said, Sea Shell head has better swordsmanship and longer ranged attacks. Kenpachi goes down despite the fact that Kenpachi is my favorite character from Bleach.

NemeBro
When was Byakuya ever said to have more reiatesu than Kenpachi?

Q99
Originally posted by dadudemon
That one dude...the little brother of the hot chick with the pyrotechnics...said that Byakuya (We're on a first name basis, Kuchiki-sama and I) had more reiatesu than Kenpachi. This was in the manga. It was when they were on the bridge rescuing Rukia.

What, Ganju Shiba?

He said Byakuya's is "at least as great," as Zaraki's, yea.

He's also only met eyepatched Zaraki. He has never encountered Kenpachi's true reiatsu.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
He's also only met eyepatched Zaraki. He has never encountered Kenpachi's true reiatsu.

That's true: that's what Nemebro said.

And, no, he said Byakuya's was greater, not the same.

And, Byakuya wasn't "flexing" his reiryoku all the way, either. smile This is the argument I posed to Nemebro. Byakuya also had much better control over his reiyoku than Kenpachi so a case could be made that Byakuya is much stronger than Kenpachi in the reiatsu department and it not be completely baseless.

And to properly represent, I believe Nemebro countered the above with something like, "Ganju is a newb and is not an expert." And, "Ganju was much further away from Kenpachi so he couldn't have felt it as well." And, "Ganju was collapsing under Kenpachi's pressure and he didn't next to Byakuya's."

Q99

And, no, he said Byakuya's was greater, not the same.

In the translation I have, "at least as great," is a quote.

I'm not talking about 'flexing' all the way, neither were going all-out around Ganju. I'm talking about Kenpachi has an eyepatch that specifically eats a large amount of his reiatsu that produces a noticeable power boost when removed. Byakuya doesn't have something similar.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
I'm not talking about 'flexing' all the way, neither were going all-out around Ganju. I'm talking about Kenpachi has an eyepatch that specifically eats a large amount of his reiatsu that produces a noticeable power boost when removed. Byakuya doesn't have something similar.

In all honesty, I fail to see how that actually addresses anything I've stated.

Do you people really want to engage in A>B>C he said she said logic?

Because if we're gonna do that, well, Ichigo defeated Kenny who was going all out by being angry and stuff. It took Bankai plus hollow form to beat Byakuya.

So. Seems pretty obvious what's what, using that logic.

dadudemon
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Because if we're gonna do that, well, Ichigo defeated Kenny who was going all out by being angry and stuff. It took Bankai plus hollow form to beat Byakuya.

Also points I made to Nemebro when we had our argument. smile

General_Iroh
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

This logic would make a lot more sense if the captains didn't seem like their power had increased drastically between when they first met Ichigo and when they fought the espada.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by McNasty996
Byakuya Kuchiki

Vs

Kenpachi Zaracki

Fight to ko, incapacitation, or kill
Both are willing to fight to full capabilities
Zaracki is serious about the match

Byakuya's greater versatility and skill advantage will trump Zaraki's raw power and durability, IMO.

NemeBro
Also points I made to Nemebro when we had our argument. smile Stop name-dropping me, insect.

Kenpachi had enough raw physical power to cut through released Nnoitra's Hierro, and just demonstrates superior physical attributes to Byakuya in general.

Now it is true that Ganju said that Byakuya's reitsu was as strong, or even stronger than Kenpachi's, as shown here:

http://www.mangareader.net/94-570-9/bleach/chapter-116.html

But fact of the matter is, Kenpachi was wearing his eyepatch when Ganju saw him. As we know, without it, Kenpachi is much more powerful.

Now, you may try to use the "Byakuya was not flexing it" argument, but flexing Reitsu does not increase it. All it does is direct your Reitsu onto your foe, harming them. It does not make it larger. So it is not an argument.

Granted, Byakuya is faster, more versatile, and obviously a better ranged combatant than Kenpachi, so that could give him the win. But it will not be due to Byakuya having greater Reitsu..

Q99
In all honesty, I fail to see how that actually addresses anything I've stated.

I don't see how it doesn't.

Kenpachi had a literal artifact noticeably reducing his total spirit pressure when Ganju met him. Byakuya did not.

Ganju's statement is thus made with incomplete information, based on the two in two different conditions.

marwash22
Byakuya.

dadudemon
Originally posted by NemeBro
Stop name-dropping me, insect.

Not only is my reply "no", you definitely can go om nom my giblets. Those arguments lasted days and they are forever burned in my memory.

Kenpachi had enough raw physical power to cut through released Nnoitra's Hierro, and just demonstrates superior physical attributes to Byakuya in general.

And, Apparantly, Byakuya defeated the 0 Espada with Kenpachi so obviously, there's a strength comparison to be had.

Now it is true that Ganju said that Byakuya's reitsu was as strong, or even stronger than Kenpachi's, as shown here:

http://www.mangareader.net/94-570-9/bleach/chapter-116.html

I knew I wasn't lying.

But fact of the matter is, Kenpachi was wearing his eyepatch when Ganju saw him. As we know, without it, Kenpachi is much more powerful.

Deja vu. We've had this conversation before. Byakuya wasn't flexing his rieryoku nearly as much as he could, at the moment...just the same as Kenpachi wasn't because he still had his eye patch on. If you want maximum reiatsu flexing...that would be full power bankai on top of execution hill. Since Kenpachi comes no where close to releasing that much reiatsu any anything he's done, he cannot have greater reiatsu. At least, not until he can use his bankai.

Now, you may try to use the "Byakuya was not flexing it" argument, but flexing Reitsu does not increase it. All it does is direct your Reitsu onto your foe, harming them. It does not make it larger. So it is not an argument.

Incorrect. "Flexing" it is actually using it to power up very similar to DBZ characters. When Yamamoto finally flexed his, it caused a Lieutenant to collapse, and he wasn't directing it at any particular person. The same with Ichigo when he was approaching Byakuya and Rukia on the bridge (cept he can't help it because he has so much of it).

You can actually increase or decrease your reiatsu by strengthening how much rieryoku you are flexing.

Granted, Byakuya is faster, more versatile, and obviously a better ranged combatant than Kenpachi, so that could give him the win. But it will not be due to Byakuya having greater Reitsu..

Byakuya would be in the range of Kenpachi, in the rieryoku power stores, at a minimum.

Official databook puts him at 90 in offense and Kenpachi at 100, so it's not as though I do not have a canon source for my stance.

Originally posted by Q99
I don't see how it doesn't.

Kenpachi had a literal artifact noticeably reducing his total spirit pressure when Ganju met him. Byakuya did not..

The reason I said I don't see how that addressed anything I stated is because my rebuttal to your exacts words were in the very text that you quoted.

Samurai100
Deja vu. We've had this conversation before. Byakuya wasn't flexing his rieryoku nearly as much as he could, at the moment...just the same as Kenpachi wasn't because he still had his eye patch on. If you want maximum reiatsu flexing...that would be full power bankai on top of execution hill. Since Kenpachi comes no where close to releasing that much reiatsu any anything he's done, he cannot have greater reiatsu. At least, not until he can use his bankai.

yzWc11I411k
8:12

dadudemon
Originally posted by Samurai100
yzWc11I411k
8:12

Sorry, bro, the non-Canon anime doesn't count. In addition, the non-canon anime and filler episodes definitely do not count.

Go back and read the fight between Ichigo and Byakuya for a canon fight.

NemeBro
Not only is my reply "no", you definitely can go om nom my giblets. Those arguments lasted days and they are forever burned in my memory.

And, Apparantly, Byakuya defeated the 0 Espada with Kenpachi so obviously, there's a strength comparison to be had.

I knew I wasn't lying.

Incorrect. "Flexing" it is actually using it to power up very similar to DBZ characters. When Yamamoto finally flexed his, it caused a Lieutenant to collapse, and he wasn't directing it at any particular person. The same with Ichigo when he was approaching Byakuya and Rukia on the bridge (cept he can't help it because he has so much of it).

You can actually increase or decrease your reiatsu by strengthening how much rieryoku you are flexing.

Byakuya would be in the range of Kenpachi, in the rieryoku power stores, at a minimum.

Official databook puts him at 90 in offense and Kenpachi at 100, so it's not as though I do not have a canon source for my stance. 1. I'm sorry. sad

2. I am not saying Byakuya is definitely weaker than Kenpachi. Overall, they are similar in power, IMO. Also, yes, while they fought together, Kenpachi attacking Yammy with his eyepatch on did the same amount of damage as Byakuya did using his Bankai, as seen here:

http://www.mangareader.net/94-39731-19/bleach/chapter-382.html
http://www.mangareader.net/94-40673-1/bleach/chapter-383.html
http://www.mangareader.net/94-40673-2/bleach/chapter-383.html
http://www.mangareader.net/94-40673-3/bleach/chapter-383.html

So Byakuya with his Bankai dished out as much damage as Kenpachi with his eyepatch did.

2. More than anything Kenpachi has done? You mean this:

http://www.mangareader.net/94-620-19/bleach/chapter-166.html
http://www.mangareader.net/94-621-2/bleach/chapter-167.html

Right?

Let us compare it to this:

http://www.mangareader.net/94-567-13/bleach/chapter-113.html
http://www.mangareader.net/94-567-14/bleach/chapter-113.html

So, Ichigo and Byakuya put on a little light-show in their clash, but Kenpachi and Ichigo's level dozens of large buildings surrounding them, and Byakuya's is more impressive? Nah man, nah.

Oh and do note that the captains have clearly gotten stronger, so said feats are obsolete at the moment.

Oh, and this reminds me, you have at times used Byakuya being uninjured by Renji's Bankai (Or was it Shikai?) to prove that Byakuya has as much ore more Reitsu than Kenpachi. Kenpachi was able to take a punch from Yammy, and was barely hurt, and he was able to stop Nnoitra's blade with his palm, as well as a Cero from him. That's above anything Byakuya has to his name in terms of durability.

3. Okay. Can you prove that though? I mean, I get you are arguing "Their power increases," but I did not see anything proving that statement. Yamamoto directed his power towards them, he did not simply release it.

4. I see you saying that. I do not really see it being proven. Especially when an attack from Byakuya with Bankai and eyepatch Kenpachi has much the same effect, ****ing up Yammy's face. If we were to use Databooks, Toshiro would be stronger than Ukitake. And despite Blax's inevitable "Well he is" comment, I believe we both know that is not the case. If we WERE to use databooks though, Byakuya would have a 70 in physical strength, compared to Kenpachi's 100. Offensive power is not merely in terms of melee potential.

If Byakuya wins this fight, it will not be through slugging it out with Kenpachi.

General_Iroh
know that is not the case. If we WERE to use databooks though, Byakuya would have a 70 in physical strength, compared to Kenpachi's 100. Offensive power is not merely in terms of melee potential.

Yeah the databooks are definitely outdated now, they definitely shouldn't be involved in this discussion at all.

dadudemon
1. I'm sorry. sad

Don't be. Those were good arguments.

2. I am not saying Byakuya is definitely weaker than Kenpachi. Overall, they are similar in power, IMO. Also, yes, while they fought together, Kenpachi attacking Yammy with his eyepatch on did the same amount of damage as Byakuya did using his Bankai, as seen heresad

That's exactly what my point was: they are close in in spiritual power but the nod goes to Sea Shell head due to his greater versatility.

http://www.mangareader.net/94-39731-19/bleach/chapter-382.html
http://www.mangareader.net/94-40673-1/bleach/chapter-383.html
http://www.mangareader.net/94-40673-2/bleach/chapter-383.html
http://www.mangareader.net/94-40673-3/bleach/chapter-383.html(

So Byakuya with his Bankai dished out as much damage as Kenpachi with his eyepatch did.

All I see is a massive load of PIS as he could have done a gay petal coffin on his head and ended the fight in 5 seconds.

3. More than anything Kenpachi has done? You mean this:

http://www.mangareader.net/94-620-19/bleach/chapter-166.html
http://www.mangareader.net/94-621-2/bleach/chapter-167.html

Right?

Let us compare it to this:

http://www.mangareader.net/94-567-13/bleach/chapter-113.html
http://www.mangareader.net/94-567-14/bleach/chapter-113.html

So, Ichigo and Byakuya put on a little light-show in their clash, but Kenpachi and Ichigo's level dozens of large buildings surrounding them, and Byakuya's is more impressive? Nah man, nah.

What I see is much greater, pure, dense, significantly greater volume, spiritual power in the first part, and I see a shock wave in the second part. Much bigger difference in the first part. The anime shows the same.

I sense bias on your part.

Oh and do note that the captains have clearly gotten stronger, so said feats are obsolete at the moment.

They have? I hold that they haven't. We've had this discussions before. What it REALLY amounts to are some moments of PIS (which makes them weaker and stronger, depending on the PIS moment), not a power increase.

Oh, and this reminds me, you have at times used Byakuya being uninjured by Renji's Bankai (Or was it Shikai?) to prove that Byakuya has as much ore more Reitsu than Kenpachi. Kenpachi was able to take a punch from Yammy, and was barely hurt, and he was able to stop Nnoitra's blade with his palm, as well as a Cero from him. That's above anything Byakuya has to his name in terms of durability.

No, I use it to make a comparison between Ichigo not being able to injure Kenpachi until he focused to compare to Renji not being able to hurt Byakuya at the very end of their fight because Renji also lost his resolve/will.

And, I agree on the second parts: Kenpachi just walks into shit. That does not mean, however, that one is superior to the other in terms of durability. We did not see Byakuya get kicked/punched by Yammy, so we do not know how he would react. We do know that they both persevere with injuries as though nothing happened: the difference? Byakuya does not comment on his injuries nor care, Kenpachi does. That doesn't make Kenpachi weak, though: that makes him more reasonable. Kuchiki was willing to throw his life away against Ichigo without any concern for anything but his prideful rules.

3. Okay. Can you prove that though? I mean, I get you are arguing "Their power increases," but I did not see anything proving that statement. Yamamoto directed his power towards them, he did not simply release it.

You want me to prove it after I already did?

That was just one example of almost every time soul pressure is exerted.

Also, Ichigo focused his soul energy in the most direct way possible to increase his attacking power when he fought Kenpachi.

So not only is a passive leak, a direct exertion, or a flexing of rieryoku, it can be physically directed.

4. I see you saying that. I do not really see it being proven.

I don't need to prove it to anyone that has read or watched Bleach and even knows what reiatsu is. It's like you telling me to prove that Superman's heat ray vision is hot. erm

Especially when an attack from Byakuya with Bankai and eyepatch Kenpachi has much the same effect, ****ing up Yammy's face. If we were to use Databooks, Toshiro would be stronger than Ukitake. And despite Blax's inevitable "Well he is" comment, I believe we both know that is not the case. If we WERE to use databooks though, Byakuya would have a 70 in physical strength, compared to Kenpachi's 100. Offensive power is not merely in terms of melee potential.

I'm not sure why you brought any of those points up. You said lots of stuff that I basically said already or implied.

If Byakuya wins this fight, it will not be through slugging it out with Kenpachi.

If it came to blows...no pun intended...Kuchiki would still win because he's faster.

Q99
I think, the databook's not exactly wrong, but it pretty much leave out total reiatsu entirely, which is one of the primary determiners of power in bleach combat.

Evilbigfoot
Byakuya wins.

Stoic
Kenpachi

Samurai100
Care to elaborate?

Evilbigfoot
Care to elaborate?

Byakuya's speed if far greater than that of Kempachi's; Kempachi has no knowledge of Kido, and Kenny has the brian powah of a kitten.

I really can't picture Kempachi defeating Byakuya...

Seriously though, Kempachi's greatest ability is what...Nuke Slash?

Samurai100
Was asking Stoic, I would definetely agree that Byakuya wins.

NemeBro
I cannot help but think that I should respond to dadudemon.

I probably won't though.

TheAuraAngel
Please do, I literally have nothing else to entertain myself with.

NemeBro
Masturbate?

Nephthys
Stick something up your poopshoot.

TheAuraAngel
Masturbate?

I have no desire to do that. Which is rather strange for me I assure you.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Stick something up your poopshoot.

Not the kind to explore new things.

Demonic Phoenix
^ Shoot something down your poopshoot?

TheAuraAngel
That is new DP and I believe I just got done saying that I don't try new things! Gosh darn it, freaking pay attention you douche! mad

As for the thread....Dunno.

dadudemon
I cannot help but think that I should respond to dadudemon.

I probably won't though.

Don't do it: you'll end up getting pwned even harder. It's not worth it, man.

NemeBro
Don't do it: you'll end up getting pwned even harder. It's not worth it, man. Your trolling almost manages to be worse than your debating. mmm

dadudemon
Your trolling almost manages to be worse than your debating. mmm

T-that's my line. no expression

TheAuraAngel
You're both fairly sorry trolls.

I suppose you can think of yourself as passable debaters.

dadudemon
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
You're both fairly sorry trolls.

Yeah, I do suck at trolling, which is why I do not do it very often and when I do, it's always in jest, and not actually trolling. I usually only troll RogueJedi, but he's a real life friend and knows me too well to think I'm legitimately trolling him. no expression

But, I do supposed telling people that you're laughing at loud, really hard, at how stupid their post was, is trolling. no expression

I suppose you can think of yourself as passable debaters.

If p, then q, bitches.

NemeBro
I don't know what you all are talking about.

I'm an AMAZING troll.

Demonic Phoenix
That is new DP and I believe I just got done saying that I don't try new things! Gosh darn it, freaking pay attention you douche! mad

As for the thread....Dunno.

If you don't try new things at all, how did you start doing any things in the first place? mmm

wakkawakkawakka
I don't know what you all are talking about.

I'm an AMAZING troll.

quan's probably better than you at that!

Heck even the Kan guy that's in the D.S thread is superior.

cool_ghost
this is a tough call, but id agree with nemebro. possibly byakuya, but if he did win the fight its not going to be up and close.... he'd get raped that way. seeing as kenpachi can tank tousens metal blade attack (forgot name) when not even in his strongest state, and act as if nothing happened, he has a lot of raw power, still fast, but not nearly as fast as byakuya. or versatile.

thanos-prime
Going with byakuya, they are fairly even imo but byakuya is smarter and has a range advantage.

EvilAngel
Kenpachi

dadudemon
Originally posted by EvilAngel
Kenpachi

Welcome back. Long time no see. big grin

EvilAngel
Hey howdy hey there donut.....mmm donuts..... I mean(!) Dadudemon! =)

Sorry. Your avatar and Signature remain disturbingly distracting....

TheAuraAngel
Ooooooooooooh

Another Angel around here. This one is also a Kingdom Hearts fan apparently. :O

NemeBro
She was here before you were though.

I am just saying.

I also think Kenny would probably win.

TheAuraAngel
I knows. ^^

I think Byakuya personally. Mostly because he can do more than cut things. stick out tongue

EvilAngel
Alright, let's school you boys =3

I jest.

But the reason I say Kenpachi is simply because I feel as though you are not really taking Byakuya's character in the equation.

Yes it's certainly true that he could possess a range advantage, he has the speed necessary for it to be viable. But this is Kuchiki Byakuya! Like he would resort to that. His pride would not allow it.

He is certainly effective at using Kido in battle, and I have no doubt it would have it's uses against Kenpachi but I don't see it being so much as to give him a victory.

He's certainly got more and even better speed feats than Kenpachi. But then I don't see any evidence it would be enough to overwhelm Kenpachi.

If we are to assume Kenpachi is serious about the battle (which is hard for me to picture to be honest. He's wanted to fight Byakuya for as long as we've seen him) then sorry, but I don't see how Byakuya would stand against him swinging with two hands. Even with his Bankai. Ichigo's shikai has shown us the petals can be made useless if they are met with an attack with the necessary force. Two hands is at least as powerful as Ichigo Shikai, as Byakuya's Bankai is to his own shikai.

While it's my opinion based on the scans shown earlier it is insinuated Byakuya's reiryoku is more powerful than Kenpachi's, frankly I think it's wrong. Kenpachi's reiryoku is so strong it manifests visually. Byakuya can only do this with special techniques. In short I put it down to Ganju's poor sense and/or experience of captain level reiatsu.

Result

1) If you're talking about what they can do, Byakuya would win
2) If you're talking about what they would do, Almost impossible to determine (IMO would be dependent on Kenpachi using two hands before it's too late and/or Byakuya realizing the effect that would have)
3) If you're talking about the rules for this thread, Kenpachi takes it.

P.S I actually like Byakuya more. But this thread's rules seem to make it obvious to me than Kenpachi would win.

But of course, this is all just my take on this...

TheAuraAngel
Hehe nice.

Well, as much as I'd like to debate with you, my computer is being stupid and I can't seem to get on any mangasites. ^^;

If this were Naruto, which I can remember like the back of my hand, it wouldn't be too big a deal. But I've only recently gotten into Bleach and so I can't really recall a lot of Byakuya's feats. Kenpachi's I remember but those consist of cutting and getting cut so....

Hopefully I can return with the ability to argue! :O

Eliaden
I can't see byakuya taking a kendo slash from zaraki and still putting up a fight for him

TheAuraAngel
Well, he couldn't. But, I don't see why Byakuya would take a hit from his Kendo attack. The counter strategy is very obvious. Attack from behind the second he uses the attack.

Or cut off one hand of his. That would also stop the kendo strategy.

Byakuya would annihilate Kenpachi, honestly. Kenny wouldn't even know he was dying, his head would just come off.

Eliaden
Well, he couldn't. But, I don't see why Byakuya would take a hit from his Kendo attack. The counter strategy is very obvious. Attack from behind the second he uses the attack.

Or cut off one hand of his. That would also stop the kendo strategy. cutting kenny's hand could be a pretty hard task i guess

TheAuraAngel
Eh, not really. This attack might not be as strong as Kenny's Kendo, but it should certainly suffice for cutting of his arm. Or head for that matter. It's pretty strong.

NemeBro
Kenpachi caught a Cero in his hand and threw it.

His hand is obviously invulnerable.

Kenpachi is also obviously faster than Byakuya, Kenpachi>Tousen>Grimmjow>Bankai Ichigo>Byakuya.

Obviously.

dadudemon
Kenpachi is also obviously faster than Byakuya, Kenpachi>Tousen>Grimmjow>Bankai Ichigo>Byakuya.

This is why I hate Kubo sometimes.

He can't even do flash steps, ffs...yet, your logic is not wrong.

Astner
This is why I hate Kubo sometimes.

He can't even do flash steps, ffs...yet, your logic is not wrong.
Actually, when Tosen cut off Grimmjow's arm he had undergone Aizen's process of hollowfication. Completely justifying his rampant increase in power.

You're further ignoring the fact that the captains were out of shape during the Rukia retrieval arc, and after that they underwent tough training.

I'd put Bykuya over Kenpachi just because Byakuya knows Kenpachi's fighting style and has a wide arrange of powers to exploit his flaws and weaknesses.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Astner
Actually, when Tosen cut off Grimmjow's arm he had undergone Aizen's process of hollowfication. Completely justifying his rampant increase in power.

There's actually no justification for that, anywhere.

Additionally, Tosen did not appear to be any stronger in his human form when he fought a Lieutenant and captain in the fake Kakura town arc.

You're further ignoring the fact that the captains were out of shape during the Rukia retrieval arc, and after that they underwent tough training.

This is speculation on the fans part. It is not a canon fact. Meaning, we cannot accept that as being fact.

I'd put Bykuya over Kenpachi just because Byakuya knows Kenpachi's fighting style and has a wide arrange of powers to exploit his flaws and weaknesses.

That and Sea Shell head can become invulnerable, completely, but shelling it up, Gaara style.

Nephthys
I don't think anything suggests they became stronger in their human forms after hollowfication, does it?

dadudemon
I don't think anything suggests they became stronger in their human forms after hollowfication, does it?

Correct.

That was my point with the lieutenant thingie.

Demonic Phoenix

Well, Ichigo's hollow mask kept saving him from fatal blows. So there might actually be a bleed of power from the Hollow side. We know that the reverse is true, the hollow can decrease/affect your power in normal form.

Of course, Tousen was a unique case. Not only did he undergo hollowfication and become a Vizard, he could actually access a Ressurecion form, which suggests that he somehow became more of a hollow than a Shinigami.

TheAuraAngel
I dunno. I don't think he really increased in his base form. I just think he spent too much time dicking around, which is how Kenpachi ultimately won. Not like Kenny wasn't getting damaged, it's just that he is around the 3rd most durable character in the series. So I don't see much of a strength boost in his base form. Just taking things more seriously.

NemeBro
Tousen was trying to kill Kenpachi.

Kenny was just able to avoid the brunt of the blows by feeling it brush up against his haori.

God, keep up dick.

Nephthys
God, keep up dick.

Lulz. I bet you've said that before.

TheAuraAngel
Tousen was trying to kill Kenpachi.

Kenny was just able to avoid the brunt of the blows by feeling it brush up against his haori.

God, keep up dick.

Tousen dicked around. Only until later when Kenny had gotten a handle on it did he get serious, and even then he never aimed for the head. I guess Kubo never questioned why Tousen would explain his bankai to a guy that can't hear him.

Pay attention douceh.

NemeBro
If by "later" you mean "right away" then yes.

I agree; Kenny winning that fight is bullshit. Even though Kenpachi is such a superior character to Tousen it's laughable, Tousen had him dead to rights. He should have just cut his head off and been done with it.

TheAuraAngel
I just think Tosen is cooler. :O

Rukia is also your favorite character. Obviously, your taste is suspect.

TheAuraAngel
Who's your favorite then? I bet I can tear 'em apart. :3

NemeBro
So much butthurt, it makes me powerful.

TheAuraAngel
Haha.

Demonic Phoenix
I dunno. I don't think he really increased in his base form. I just think he spent too much time dicking around, which is how Kenpachi ultimately won. Not like Kenny wasn't getting damaged, it's just that he is around the 3rd most durable character in the series. So I don't see much of a strength boost in his base form. Just taking things more seriously.

He always took things seriously, except when using Bankai or Ressurecion, though at least the Ressurecion part can be explained without resorting to CIS/PIS.

And again, Hollow powers can bleed into base form.

TheAuraAngel
I'm not following the whole bleeding out thing. I know Ichigo's Mask would appear at convinient times but I don't recall where he was particularly more powerful for it.

Demonic Phoenix
I'm not following the whole bleeding out thing. I know Ichigo's Mask would appear at convinient times but I don't recall where he was particularly more powerful for it.

So the mask appearing at convenient times, and Hollow Ichigo weakening Bankai Ichigo, do not qualify as 'hollow is affecting human form'? no expression

EDIT: Meh, then there's also this I guess:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v13/c113/12.html

TheAuraAngel
It goes without saying that being a Visord will affect your human form. It does not however hint that the base form, the form without the mask, is any stronger. Unless I'm missing something.

Demonic Phoenix
We've already seen that the hollow can affect your level of power in human form. Ichigo's reiatsu fluctuated from vastly weaker than Ulquiorra's, to stronger than his.
And weirdly enough, once Ichigo mastered that Tensa Zangetsu/Hollow Ichigo mix, his power increased.

TheAuraAngel
Was that because of his Hollow? I thought Ichigo was just showing off his hidden potential.

His base form? :O

Demonic Phoenix
You mean the fluctuation? Yeah, it was because the Hollow was interfering.
Human form went from being << Gin to >> Butterfree Aizen. Pretty major power boost.

TheAuraAngel
Wasn't that his FGT thing going on? I doubt Tousen was really using that kind of power.

Demonic Phoenix
Wasn't that his FGT thing going on? I doubt Tousen was really using that kind of power.

FGT was a tech he did not use until the end. FGT did not really affect his base form.

TheAuraAngel
Something was affecting his base. Not just Hollow Ichigo. :O

Nephthys
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
We've already seen that the hollow can affect your level of power in human form. Ichigo's reiatsu fluctuated from vastly weaker than Ulquiorra's, to stronger than his.
And weirdly enough, once Ichigo mastered that Tensa Zangetsu/Hollow Ichigo mix, his power increased.

That was because he was struggling not to let Hollow Ichigo out. You can see his eyes beginning to turn black I believe. It was fluctuating between Ichigos reiatsu to Hollow Ichigos reiatsu because Hollow Ichigo was about to gain control and tear shit up. That doesn't qualify as human form to me.

Considering the appearance of the mask when Ichigo did that again I would not qualify that as human form. Ichigo was actively using the hollows power as well as his own at that point.

Unless Tousen had a Hollow mask stuffed up his ass I'm not seeing the connection.

TheAuraAngel
Unless Tousen had a Hollow mask stuffed up his ass I'm not seeing the connection.

Well, Aizen probably did leave a lot of room.

NemeBro
Well, Aizen probably did leave a lot of room. Dawg that be some ghey ass shit.

Demonic Phoenix
Something was affecting his base. Not just Hollow Ichigo. :O

It wasn't FGT. It wasn't Hollow Ichigo by himself either, but he did play a part. T.Zangetsu + H2 Ichigo were affecting his human form and made it more powerful than Aizen.

That was because he was struggling not to let Hollow Ichigo out. You can see his eyes beginning to turn black I believe. It was fluctuating between Ichigos reiatsu to Hollow Ichigos reiatsu because Hollow Ichigo was about to gain control and tear shit up. That doesn't qualify as human form to me.

Considering the appearance of the mask when Ichigo did that again I would not qualify that as human form. Ichigo was actively using the hollows power as well as his own at that point.

They partly turn to black, but revert pretty much instantly after that.
Your proof that Ichigo's Reiatsu was switching between his and Hollow Ichigo's? Because as far as I recall, Ulquiorra made no mention of there being a Reiatsu resembling that of a Hollow's, and I'd wager he has much better sensory capabilities than Byakuya. It was Ichigo's reiatsu that was increasing beyond Ulquiorra's, then decreasing, and vice versa.
Qualifies as human form for me considering there was no transformation whatsoever.

Pray tell, how was Ichigo 'actively using hollow's power' against Kenpachi when there was no hint of a transformation, and he could not, at will, use said power until the Arrancar arc?

So we disregard the sudden appearances of Ichigo's Hollow Mask in his human form just because you don't think it qualifies as a hollow affecting the human form? Good to know.

NemeBro
I love how my troll comment can start a debate.

I'm so cool.

TheAuraAngel
It wasn't FGT. It wasn't Hollow Ichigo by himself either, but he did play a part. T.Zangetsu + H2 Ichigo were affecting his human form and made it more powerful than Aizen.

But when Ichigo defeated H Ichiggo, he merely got the ability to go Visord. Are you suggesting that Tosen also defeated his Hollow in a similar manner that Ichigo beat Zangetsu and Hollow Ichigo fused? Because he would have been nigh unstoppable for a bit of time.

I love how my troll comment can start a debate.

I'm so cool.

What's ironic is that it doesn't really matter because Kenpachi didn't even beat Tosen do to superior speed. So it's really all moot. ^^

Demonic Phoenix
But when Ichigo defeated H Ichiggo, he merely got the ability to go Visord. Are you suggesting that Tosen also defeated his Hollow in a similar manner that Ichigo beat Zangetsu and Hollow Ichigo fused? Because he would have been nigh unstoppable for a bit of time.

He could have, though I have no proof.
Ichigo however, beat Tensa Zangetsu merged with H2 Hollow Ichigo using Bankai (the same one that at arguably less than half of his power, pwned an Ulquiorra at his strongest), so yeah, it's no wonder that Ichigo was so overpowered.

TheAuraAngel
If he had, he could walk through Soul Society.

cool_ghost
Kenpachi caught a Cero in his hand and threw it.

His hand is obviously invulnerable.

Obviously.

Noitra cut kenpachi, so byakuya can do it. So if noitra can cut him, byakuya could do it, and byakuya is faster than noitra, much faster.

and if i recall correctly shikai ichigo beat kenpachi.

So bankai ichigo>kenpachi

I hope this post was the one you were referring to when you said you were trolling.

Demonic Phoenix
If he had, he could walk through Soul Society.

If he had, he would not have a fraction of the power that Ichigo did.

Nephthys
They partly turn to black, but revert pretty much instantly after that.
Your proof that Ichigo's Reiatsu was switching between his and Hollow Ichigo's? Because as far as I recall, Ulquiorra made no mention of there being a Reiatsu resembling that of a Hollow's, and I'd wager he has much better sensory capabilities than Byakuya. It was Ichigo's reiatsu that was increasing beyond Ulquiorra's, then decreasing, and vice versa.
Qualifies as human form for me considering there was no transformation whatsoever.

Pray tell, how was Ichigo 'actively using hollow's power' against Kenpachi when there was no hint of a transformation, and he could not, at will, use said power until the Arrancar arc?

So we disregard the sudden appearances of Ichigo's Hollow Mask in his human form just because you don't think it qualifies as a hollow affecting the human form? Good to know.

During the entire sequence when Ichigo is getting beaten up he's struggling to surpress the Hollow, to the point that he can't even defend himself or Orihime. What, do you think that its a coincidence that Ulq mentions that Ichigo's reiatsu is surpassing his own only when the Hollow is trying to break out but before then thought or him as no threat at all? Given that we know that the Hollow is far stronger to Ichigo? You can see specifically that Ulq mentions in that first link that the fluctuations increased when the Hollow tried to brake out. What else would cause Ichigo's spower to spike that way, given that we know the Hollow powers massively boost his own? And we know Hollow Ichigo is stronger than Ulq, and Ulq mentions that at his highest Ichigo's spiritual pressure is above his own. He was only not transforming because he was actively fighting against it. You can see his eyes turning black, a specific sign that hes starting to transform into Hollow mode.

Seriously, what do you thinks happening in that scene? Ichigos pulling raw power out of his ass? Ichigo's someone accessing the hollows power and combining it with his own, while actively fighting against doing that? I'm actually asking you.

Er, your own link? http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v13/c113/12.html

His reiatsu forms a hollow mask and then afterwards we see that at the time Ichigo had formed a hollow mask. Its just that it wasn't on his face. You could argue that Ichigo was only using Zangetsus power in that fight but we're later informed that the Hllow is a part of Zangetsu so it makes complete sense that Ichigo was accessing the Hollows power in that fight. Plus its pretty obvious that Ichigo was using the Hollows power if only because he beat Kenpachi while in Shikai, something he could never do using his own power.

TheAuraAngel
If he had, he would not have a fraction of the power that Ichigo did.

Why not? Because his Hollow is weaker? Yeah, perhaps, but he'd still be leagues above everyone else. And his zanpakuto is prbably stronger than Zangetsu.

NemeBro
Originally posted by cool_ghost
Noitra cut kenpachi, so byakuya can do it. Byakuya is clearly weaker than Nnoitra.

Samurai100
Byakuya is clearly weaker than Nnoitra.

And mot of Byakuyas techs don't rely on physical strength

vansonbee
And mot of Byakuyas techs don't rely on physical strength True, plus Nnoitra skin is denser than Kenpachi, that means Byakuya tech can hurt him.

ABC logic.

Nephthys
Since my post hasn't been replied to yet I hearby claim victory in the name of The New Lunar Republic!

Victory muffins go to me alone. Bwahahahhahahhahahaha

NemeBro
And mot of Byakuyas techs don't rely on physical strength By that logic, even though a pick-axe is better at breaking rock than a dildo, since a dildo doesn't rely on its ability to pierce rock it can therefore pierce rock.

estahuh

cool_ghost
Byakuya is clearly weaker than Nnoitra.

Being stronger helps, but that still does not mean byakuya can not cut kenpachi.

All byakuya has to do is use bankai, cut out his eyes and then hes blind....

TheAuraAngel
lol cause being blind has stopped Kenpachi before.

And I don't think Byakuya would fight that dirty.

Samurai100
By that logic, even though a pick-axe is better at breaking rock than a dildo, since a dildo doesn't rely on its ability to pierce rock it can therefore pierce rock.

estahuh

Not my point I was simply pointing out that it would rely on how strong SB and SBK were to the people that were pointing out Byakuya's inferior strength,(which is baseless, as id Shikai Ichigo could cut Kenny then Byakuya should be able to do so)

dadudemon
By that logic, even though a pick-axe is better at breaking rock than a dildo, since a dildo doesn't rely on its ability to pierce rock it can therefore pierce rock.

estahuh

That's a shitty reply.

Moving around pink shards of shrapnel with TK hardly requires physical strength. estahuh

NemeBro
You're a shitty reply.

Evilbigfoot
If the question is 'can Byakuya cut Kempachi' the answer is yes; he did so in the Zanpakuto Arc if I remember correctly.

Also, what about kido?

Samurai100
Zan arcs filler. It doesn't count

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.