Thor vs Classic Dr Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
CIS is off and both are bloodlusted.

who wins?

SasuOna
Is this Odin force thor? Cause thats the only way I see Thor ever coming close to Strange in a fight. I mean even recently a non SS Strange took the Odin force out of Thor so he could fix Mjolnir.

the ninjak
Exactly.

Strange wins this.

Damborgson
I wish could say Thor but idk how he would win this.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by SasuOna
Is this Odin force thor? Cause thats the only way I see Thor ever coming close to Strange in a fight. I mean even recently a non SS Strange took the Odin force out of Thor so he could fix Mjolnir.

That was with Thor's consent from what I recall. The last time Strange tried tapping into Asgardian power, it was against the Wrecking Crew and he nearly popped his head off IIRC.

I also remember the time he was taken aback by the power of Thor's immortal soul. Asgardian magic was always potent shit.

And are we sure he wasn't still Sorceror Supreme? When did he lose the title? He still had the classic look, the eye of Agammato etc. and called on forces that we're old when the Universe was young or whatever something that would be above his capabilities based on the recent take regarding Sorceror Supreme.

SasuOna
He lost the title of Sorcerer Supreme after World War Hulk. Its probably artist interpretation of Strange more then anything else although to be fair its sort of become a recent trend that writers think the cloak of levitation and the eye of agamotto are SS items when in fact they are actually items given to Strange by the Ancient One and Agamotto respectively before he even became SS.

As for Asgardian magic being too much for Strange I doubt it. The instance your talking about is when Thor sought Strange for help with something going on inside his soul and Strange said that he wouldn't tamper inside Thor's head without his consent. He only commented on the state of his soul more then anything having to do with his power.

Thor gave consent for Strange to strip him of the Odin Force and fix Mjolnir. Thor initially went to Strange to ask him to fix Mjolnir and Strange said it would be impossible unless he used the Odin force that Thor had to do it. Thor then said okay lets go with your idea and Strange proceeded to take the Odin Force out of Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He lost the title of Sorcerer Supreme after World War Hulk. Its probably artist interpretation of Strange more then anything else although to be fair its sort of become a recent trend that writers think the cloak of levitation and the eye of agamotto are SS items when in fact they are actually items given to Strange by the Ancient One and Agamotto respectively before he even became SS.

When? IIRC, he started looking for a successor around 2009 when the Thor comic came out.

What was his status at the time? IIRC, wasn't he unable to cast powerful spells during the time?

That's the problem with a self contained book like Thor. The kind of magic he was casting, calling on such powerful forces, would definitely be above his pay grade during that crisis. After loosing the title, his more like Constantine than the Ancient One.

As for Asgardian magic being too much for Strange I doubt it. The instance your talking about is when Thor sought Strange for help with something going on inside his soul and Strange said that he wouldn't tamper inside Thor's head without his consent. He only commented on the state of his soul more then anything having to do with his power.

Every time I've seen Strange encounter Asgardian magic, it hasn't been in his favor. The Wrecking Crew scene, the encounter with Thor, the time the World Ash or Odin's enchanted blade proved to be magic greater than his own and stripped of his powers, the fights with Loki etc.

Yea, no:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Thorimmortality8.jpg

Thor gave consent for Strange to strip him of the Odin Force and fix Mjolnir. Thor initially went to Strange to ask him to fix Mjolnir and Strange said it would be impossible unless he used the Odin force that Thor had to do it. Thor then said okay lets go with your idea and Strange proceeded to take the Odin Force out of Thor.

Okay? And?

the ninjak
When Thor asked Strange to aid him in fixing Mjolnir with the risk of if the hammer being destroyed again Thor will die he had lost his SS status.

dmills
Strange in a laugher.

Black bolt z
Strange destroys.

SasuOna
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
When? IIRC, he started looking for a successor around 2009 when the Thor comic came out.

What was his status at the time? IIRC, wasn't he unable to cast powerful spells during the time?

That's the problem with a self contained book like Thor. The kind of magic he was casting, calling on such powerful forces, would definitely be above his pay grade during that crisis. After loosing the title, his more like Constantine than the Ancient One.

No its not hard to fathom at all.

When he lost his status as SS after WWH he couldn't use those level of spells(or many other things) as he had previously been accustomed too just like when he forsook all the magical entities he had been drawing on power from when he was SS.
He just decided to create his own type of magic and went about his day doing all the stuff he could do before.

No reason to assume hes a helpless little child without his powers like some of the current writers make it seem like.

Every time I've seen Strange encounter Asgardian magic, it hasn't been in his favor. The Wrecking Crew scene, the encounter with Thor, the time the World Ash or Odin's enchanted blade proved to be magic greater than his own and stripped of his powers, the fights with Loki etc.

Yea, no:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Thorimmortality8.jpg
This basically goes in line with what I described. thank you for posting this and proving my point.
He commented on the state of Thor's soul not his power. "The power of an immortal soul in turmoil" Not the Power of an immortal soul like any Asgardians soul is too much for him to fathom like your trying to imply.

Okay? And?
Okay?
You said Thor gave Strange consent to do that like it was his plan in the first place and invalidated the feat which I disproved by bringing up the fact that Strange is the one who come up with the process to fix Mjolnir. All of Thor's input amounted to him saying "well if this is the only way....."

Strange doesn't need consent to take someone's power. Hes done it too people a lot more powerful then Thor.

zopzop

This basically goes in line with what I described. thank you for posting this and proving my point.
He commented on the state of Thor's soul not his power. "The power of an immortal soul in turmoil" Not the Power of an immortal soul like any Asgardians soul is too much for him to fathom like your trying to imply.

No, Rage is right. This isn't the only time Strange was dumbfounded by a God's soul. During Blood and Thunder when Odin and Thor were going at it on the astral plane, Strange commented that what they were witnessing was beyond mortal comprehension. That included Strange.

Back on topic, Thor 7-8/10

Harbinger
Classic Doc.

JakeTheBank
Classic Strange, but recent threads involving him and a few knowledgeable posters debunking quite a few of his feats makes me think this is a good deal closer than what I once thought.

classic strange. it aint that close

TheLordofMurder
Once again, when you take on Classic Strange you are taking on the Vishanti, Dormmy, and every other highend cosmic-mystical being that he can call upon to amp him...

Thor is my boy, but Classic Strange shuts him down every single time...

long pig
Strange stole the asgardian magic from members of the wrecking crew with no problem at all. He just grabbed the crowbar and un-magifide it. Leaving the crowbar and the guy powerless. Saying Asgardian magic is a problem to Strange is kinda.....wrong. Loki even knew pre-powerful strange could negate Asgard magic. There is really no reason to say he couldn't do the same to Thor's hammer. The worst thing Thor could do is throw it at Strange cuz his eye will jump out and eat it. Thor wins in h2h, that's about it.

long pig
Originally posted by zopzop
Strange commented that what they were witnessing was beyond mortal comprehension. That included Strange.

Back on topic, Thor 7-8/10 lol I dropped my joint at this. Strange isn't mortal. He's thousands of years older than Thor. Death is too sacred of him to let him die.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Don't listen to long pig.. he also thinks Surfer durability is better than Thanos's LOL

long pig
He has better/more durability feats. Fanboy teasing aside, Thor can't win. Also, where the hell are the mods? they are gettin lazy this thread tap been done before. close this shit.

long pig
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Classic Strange, but recent threads involving him and a few knowledgeable posters debunking quite a few of his feats. Like what?

kgkg
Strange easy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.