Thanos slapping gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Simbon
Thanos runs gauntlet, but can only use amped pimp-slaps:

1. Wrecking Crew
2. U-Foes
3. Fantastic Four
4. WWH
5. Supes

chomperx9
huh

Mindset
Originally posted by chomperx9
huh He's fighting with only pimp slaps.

quanchi112
Clears it.

chomperx9
stops at 5

Simbon
stops at 5

There is something wonderful about imagining Thanos pimp-slap WWH over, and over, and over again until hulk finally loses consciousness.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Simbon
There is something wonderful about imagining Thanos pimp-slap WWH over, and over, and over again until hulk finally loses consciousness. and Hulk is just gonna stand there letting him get ***** slapped again after the 1st time ?

Simbon
and Hulk is just gonna stand there letting him get ***** slapped again after the 1st time ?

No; but you yourself said that Thanos can beat WWH using nothing but pimp-slaps. Just try picturing that on panel.

chomperx9
No; but you yourself said that Thanos can beat WWH using nothing but pimp-slaps. Just try picturing that on panel. didnt say he would win against WWH. Hulk would still land some hits after getting slapped.

Simbon
didnt say he would win against WWH. Hulk would still land some hits after getting slapped.

You said Thanos would make it to supes, which means he would beat WWH through slaps alone. Doesn't matter if WWH hits him back -- a fight like that in comics where Thanos wins w/ slaps alone would be hilarious.

Fifthchild
Thanos runs gauntlet, but can only use amped pimp-slaps:

1. Wrecking Crew
2. U-Foes
3. Fantastic Four
4. WWH
5. Supes

Probably ends at 2. Vapor is intangible more or less and Vector has enough raw power to put Thanos down.

He is not beating WWH or Supes by slapping them repeatedly either. No chance.

Bouboumaster
He pimpslap his way to victory.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Fifthchild
Probably ends at 2. Vapor is intangible more or less and Vector has enough raw power to put Thanos down.

He is not beating WWH or Supes by slapping them repeatedly either. No chance. Vased on what does he have enough power to put Thanos down ?

TheLordofMurder
Stops at 2; Thanos cannot defeat Vapor with backhands alone...

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Stops at 2; Thanos cannot defeat Vapor with backhands alone... Based on ?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ?

Based on the fact that a backhand will have no effect on a being thats basically intangible?

Comeon Quan, trying to argue against that is BS and you know it; Thanos (or anyone else trying to defeat Vapor in this manner) will fail horribly...

Sure, Thanos can take him if he has access to his other abilities, but he aint doing it with nothing but backhands...

quanchi112
Based on the fact that a backhand will have no effect on a being thats basically intangible?

Comeon Quan, trying to argue against that is BS and you know it; Thanos (or anyone else trying to defeat Vapor in this manner) will fail horribly...

Sure, Thanos can take him if he has access to his other abilities, but he aint doing it with nothing but backhands... All he needs is one and he can eventually get it. You said vector has the power to take him out and have yet to back up your claim.

TheLordofMurder
I never mentioned Vector; work on your reading comprehension Quan...

And no, Vapor can just stay in his vapor form and laugh at Thanos's attempts to harm him; Thanos would never defeat him with straight melee...

Solidus Black
I concur.

Unless teh force of the backslaps blows him away.

How good is he with holding his molecules togetehr?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Solidus Black
I concur.

Unless teh force of the backslaps blows him away.

How good is he with holding his molecules togetehr?

How good is he at holding his molecules together? I cant reasonably say, but he has ignored attacks from Class 100 bricks before...

vector has repelled reality away twice IINM. he has also ripped all the flesh from the hulk's bones too

quanchi112
I never mentioned Vector; work on your reading comprehension Quan...

And no, Vapor can just stay in his vapor form and laugh at Thanos's attempts to harm him; Thanos would never defeat him with straight melee... So you want to argue powersets and not how they appear in comics. You still claimed he has the power to defeat Thanos.

TheLordofMurder
Dude...what are you smoking!? A big, fat, crack rock!?

I never claimed such a thing...

Quote where I said that please....

quanchi112
Dude...what are you smoking!? A big, fat, crack rock!?

Quote where I said that please.... If Thanos cannot defeat Vector logically you believe vector has the power to put down Thanos. I await you to back up your claims.

Philosophía
Hulk.

If Thanos cannot defeat Vector logically you believe vector has the power to put down Thanos. I await you to back up your claims. he was talking about vapor, not vector

Black bolt z
Stops at WWH

StiltmanFTW
facepalm @Quan

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
he was talking about vapor, not vector It doesn't matter.Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
facepalm @Quan And you are ?

SamZED
Why even include U-foest?
How's Thanos supposed to get passed Vapor with nothing but a slap? He beats the rest of them to death though.

Stops at 2; Thanos cannot defeat Vapor with backhands alone...
Based on ?
You said vector has the power to take him out and have yet to back up your claim.
I never mentioned Vector
So you want to argue powersets and not how they appear in comics. You still claimed he has the power to defeat Thanos.

Originally posted by 753
he was talking about vapor, not vector
It doesn't matter.
laughing out loud

TheLordofMurder
thumb up @ SamZED

quanchi112
Originally posted by SamZED
How's Thanos supposed to get passed Vapor with nothing but a slap? He beats the rest of them to death though.

laughing out loud In any event a slap or so would defeat him and rarely does someone stay intangible for an entire fight. You don't ever hear anyone saying MM beats Prime because he never touches him.

TheLordofMurder
In any event a slap or so would defeat him and rarely does someone stay intangible for an entire fight. You don't ever hear anyone saying MM beats Prime because he never touches him.

Dude, he would stay intangible here; Thanos is known to be very powerful and very strong, and this guy isnt going to just let Thanos hit him...

I repeat, Thanos stops at 2 as backhands alone wont be enough to defeat Vapor...

quanchi112
Dude, he would stay intangible here; Thanos is known to be very powerful and very strong, and this guy isnt going to just let Thanos hit him...

I repeat, Thanos stops at 2 as backhands alone wont be enough to defeat Vapor... No, he won't just like anyone with that power won't always stay unhittable. Sooner or later Thanos hits and wins.

TheLordofMurder
No, he won't just like anyone with that power won't always stay unhittable. Sooner or later Thanos hits and wins.

Right...so this guy is just gonna drop his guard and say "Comeon Thanos...take me out!" eh?

laughing out loud @Quan

SamZED
In any event a slap or so would defeat him and rarely does someone stay intangible for an entire fight. You don't ever hear anyone saying MM beats Prime because he never touches him. IMO Vapor's "potential" CIS is not a good enough reason to give Thanos the win in a forum fight.

quanchi112
Right...so this guy is just gonna drop his guard and say "Comeon Thanos...take me out!" eh?

laughing out loud @Quan Like MM does in every thread he fights in as well otherwise Prime never beats him he goes intangible forever, amirite ? smile

IMO Vapor's "potential" CIS is not a good enough reason to give Thanos the win in a forum fight. Yes, it is as does most characters with the ability to go intangible they don't stay that way forever.

Damborgson

Yes, it is as does most characters with the ability to go intangible they don't stay that way forever. Dude you think Thanos will stand there and pimp slap the intangible Vapor until Vapor gets tired or dies of old age? lol. More than Likely Thanos will leave.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Damborgson
Dude you think Thanos will stand there and pimp slap the intangible Vapor until Vapor gets tired or dies of old age? lol. More than Likely Thanos will leave. No one leaves until someone wins. LOL.

Damborgson
No one leaves until someone wins. LOL. whistle Thanos left...

quanchi112
whistle Thanos left... And he returned in a reasonable amount of time and easily trapped Thor. Even when you think he's leaving he comes back and boom, you lose.

Black bolt z

laughing out loud laughing out loud

I profiled that entire conversation.

Damborgson
And he returned in a reasonable amount of time and easily trapped Thor. Even when you think he's leaving he comes back and boom, you lose. Im sorry but didn you say : "No one leaves until someone wins. LOL." He left. smile Sure he came back after Thor attention was on Surfer but HE LEFT. :O XD Quan there is nothing wrong with standing up for fave character but you are arguing that Thanos will stand there and pimp slap the air until Vapor turns tangible again. No matter how long it takes. laughing Sometimes its best just to let it go.

Damborgson
And he returned in a reasonable amount of time and easily trapped Thor. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Im sorry but didn you say : "No one leaves until someone wins. LOL." He left. smile Sure he came back after Thor attention was on Surfer but HE LEFT. :O XD Quan there is nothing wrong with standing up for fave character but you are arguing that Thanos will stand there and pimp slap the air until Vapor turns tangible again. No matter how long it takes. laughing Sometimes its best just to let it go. He didn't leave the fight he walked into another room and showed he wasn't done yet. Thor was wrong and you are wrong here. Sure Thanos might step out for a bit of fresh air but that's probably when he will materialize again and bam it's over.

Damborgson
Thor was wrong and you are wrong here. Sure man. laughing out loud Whatever helps you sleep.

quanchi112
Sure man. laughing out loud Whatever helps you sleep. Well was Thanos done or did he quickly come back to end the fight. I'm right like I always am. smile

Damborgson
He didn't leave the fight he walked into another room and showed he wasn't done yet. Thor was wrong and you are wrong here. Sure Thanos might step out for a bit of fresh air but that's probably when he will materialize again and bam it's over. Is this how you think itd go?

Thanos :im leaving.

Vapor : okay. As soon as you leave i will lower my guard completely.

5 minutes later

Thanos: Im back *****! -pimp slap- game over.

Whatever. laughing go on thinking what you want. wink

Damborgson
Well was Thanos done or did he quickly come back to end the fight. I'm right like I always am. smile He got bloodied by Mjolnir, then said "i tire of this" leaves and comes back with a gun lol. That was the only way they could have stopped Thor i guess though. Thanos was not going to win physically. He did good though.

quanchi112
Is this how you think itd go?

Thanos :im leaving.

Vapor : okay. As soon as you leave i will lower my guard completely.

5 minutes later

Thanos: Im back *****! -pimp slap- game over.

Whatever. laughing go on thinking what you want. wink Thanos wasn't gone for five minutes he left picked up a gun and came back in and won.

It didn't matter if his guard was up or not he was getting shot with the gun.

Damborgson
Thanos wasn't gone for five minutes he left picked up a gun and came back in and won.

It didn't matter if his guard was up or not he was getting shot with the gun. Didnt say he was gone for 5 minutes. It was part of my hypothetical scenario. smile Win? no...

What do you mean it didnt matter if his guard was up? he would have just absorbed the blast no? Or whirled Mjolnir and blocked it.

quanchi112
Didnt say he was gone for 5 minutes. It was part of my hypothetical scenario. smile Win? no...

What do you mean it didnt matter if his guard was up? he would have just absorbed the blast no? Or whirled Mjolnir and blocked it. Because Thor wasn't absorbing any blasts in that arc he was fighting like a mad dog. He also had the power gem and more than likely didn't view this gun as any sort of threat to him.

Damborgson
Because Thor wasn't absorbing any blasts in that arc he was fighting like a mad dog. He also had the power gem and more than likely didn't view this gun as any sort of threat to him. he absorbed/blocked this shot. Thor fought like even more of a brick than before in the B&T series this is true. But he had felt Thanos' power. Thats why he used Mjolnir to block/absorb the second energy attack from Thanos instead of taking it head on. He was aware of Thanos' ability to cause him some harm.

quanchi112
he absorbed/blocked this shot. Thor fought like even more of a brick than before in the B&T series this is true. But he had felt Thanos' power. Thats why he used Mjolnir to block/absorb the second energy attack from Thanos instead of taking it head on. He was aware of Thanos' ability to cause him some harm. Ok. The first blast Thanos hit him with and when he got the gun he called out to thor and told him he would be done with this before he fired the blast. Thor had time to raise his hammer and deflect it.

Damborgson
Ok. The first blast Thanos hit him with and when he got the gun he called out to thor and told him he would be done with this before he fired the blast. Thor had time to raise his hammer and deflect it. I agree. But then how would Thor have been cured and how would the Thanos/Odin fight have happened? smile Its just something that had to happen. Otherwise Thor would not have been cured and such.

quanchi112
I agree. But then how would Thor have been cured and how would the Thanos/Odin fight have happened? smile Its just something that had to happen. Otherwise Thor would not have been cured and such. The writer would have come up with any number of other ways to cure Thor. He chose to have Thanos' tech powerful enough to subdue him for the time being.

gogogadgetgo
He didn't leave the fight he walked into another room and showed he wasn't done yet. Thor was wrong and you are wrong here. Sure Thanos might step out for a bit of fresh air but that's probably when he will materialize again and bam it's over.

now that i think about it.... Thanos did BFR himself laughing
so by default, Thor won that fight stick out tongue

quanchi112
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
now that i think about it.... Thanos did BFR himself laughing
so by default, Thor won that fight stick out tongue He returned in a reasonable amount of time.

BullwinkleMoose
Thanos isn't beating SuperMan. At best it is a stalemate. If SuperMan flies 20 feet above Thanos there is nothing Thanos can do to reach him.

Or SuperMan destroys the Planet and Thanos floats away in space.

Damborgson
The writer would have come up with any number of other ways to cure Thor. He chose to have Thanos' tech powerful enough to subdue him for the time being. And have Thor kill Thanos? Yeah ok roll eyes (sarcastic) Thor HAD TO BE SUBDUED right then and there. Or Surfer, Thanos, and PIP would die lol.

Damborgson
He returned in a reasonable amount of time. laughing out loud you said it again.

SamZED
Yes, it is as does most characters with the ability to go intangible they don't stay that way forever. You're right, they dont. But that's the thing. Whether she goes tangible or not is up to her and her alone. Thanos has absolutely no say in it. So givving him the win going by the idea that his opponent chooses to fight like a complete retard is... kinda unfair.

quanchi112
And have Thor kill Thanos? Yeah ok roll eyes (sarcastic) Thor HAD TO BE SUBDUED right then and there. Or Surfer, Thanos, and PIP would die lol. Like he'd ever kill Thanos--screw you jurgens. Retcon. Thanos would have found a solution just not a tech gun.

Damborgson
Like he'd ever kill Thanos--screw you jurgens. Retcon. Thanos would have found a solution just not a tech gun. He ver well would have killed Thanos.

Damborgson
Thanos would have found a solution just not a tech gun. Thats quite a bit of wishful thinking....

Damborgson
Thanos was being outfought and sooner or later would have gone down. That gun was only useful for one shot. If they had let Thor raise his hammer and deflect/absorb/nullify the blast. Thanos would have been in trouble. Thor would have had to been BFR'd. Afterwhich hed just teleport back. stick out tongue Thor would have built a throne from Thanos' bones by the end of the day.

quanchi112
You're right, they dont. But that's the thing. Whether she goes tangible or not is up to her and her alone. Thanos has absolutely no say in it. So givving him the win going by the idea that his opponent chooses to fight like a complete retard is... kinda unfair. The match only ends when someone is defeated there's no time limit so unless you think Thanos is going down you agree he wins sooner or later.

He ver well would have killed Thanos. What ?

Thats quite a bit of wishful thinking.... Not at all considering what he's shown capable of with his mind in the past.Originally posted by Damborgson
Thanos was being outfought and sooner or later would have gone down. That gun was only useful for one shot. If they had let Thor raise his hammer and deflect/absorb/nullify the blast. Thanos would have been in trouble. Thor would have had to been BFR'd. Afterwhich hed just teleport back. stick out tongue Thor would have built a throne from Thanos' bones by the end of the day. Blah, blah, blah. Thanos won and the rest is indeed wishful thinking on your part. smile

inimalist
considering the people thanos has outsmarted in the past, I don't think its unreasonable to say he could think of a way to trick vapor into becoming tangible. Thanos Quest is essentially him outsmarting person after person...

I suppose that might violate the "only pimp slap" thing...

SamZED
The match only ends when someone is defeated there's no time limit so unless you think Thanos is going down you agree he wins sooner or later.
True. But its not in Thanos character to stand there for 20 hours slapping air. And Vapor might very well stay intangible for that long. Because in this particular scenario going tangible = instant death and she's not retarded. And if she does that he wont be able to do a thing.

Simbon
True. But its not in Thanos character to stand there for 20 hours slapping air. And Vapor might very well stay intangible for that long. Because in this particular scenario going tangible = instant death and she's not retarded. And if she does that he wont be able to do a thing.

I knew there was a reason I didn't change the stips a few pages ago so that vapor was left out of it -- the image of Thanos pimp-slapping the air for hours on end is priceless.

inimalist
if entirely out of character for him...

Black bolt z
Blah, blah, blah. Thanos won and the rest is indeed wishful thinking on your part. smile Thanos did not win as no one was KO'd.

quanchi112
True. But its not in Thanos character to stand there for 20 hours slapping air. And Vapor might very well stay intangible for that long. Because in this particular scenario going tangible = instant death and she's not retarded. And if she does that he wont be able to do a thing. Thanos would indeed trick her into becoming tangible I mean he's treated the grandmaster like an idiot before I hardly see why this is any different.

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Thanos did not win as no one was KO'd. Imprisoned and unable to break free is a win on this board. You really have no common sense.

Black bolt z
Thanos would indeed trick her into becoming tangible I mean he's treated the grandmaster like an idiot before I hardly see why this is any different.

Imprisoned and unable to break free is a win on this board. You really have no common sense. By your definition of winning someone must be KO'd. You've said this before.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
By your definition of winning someone must be KO'd. You've said this before. No, they can be killed, rendered immobile(imprisoned/unable to fight), tp'd, killed, bfr'd etc. You thinking ko is one of what two ways to win makes you look bad.

Damborgson

Blah, blah, blah. Thanos won and the rest is indeed wishful thinking on your part. smile laughing wishful thinking on MY part? Youve been arguing for the past few pages that Thanos will beat an intangible object by pimp slapping it. laughing http://images.roflbot.wigflip.com/R/Y/3FI8sSBlFF0os9cW/roflbot-Xkbs.jpg

Thor was beating Thanos. When Thanos got serious he delivered some good shots but Thor was unaffected. Leaving the battle to get a weapon and "returning in a reasonable amount of time" lol does not equal a win. Thanos was getting outfought and new he could not win. Why else would he go for the gun?

quanchi112
laughing wishful thinking on MY part? Youve been arguing for the past few pages that Thanos will beat an intangible object by pimp slapping it. laughing http://images.roflbot.wigflip.com/R/Y/3FI8sSBlFF0os9cW/roflbot-Xkbs.jpg

Thor was beating Thanos. When Thanos got serious he delivered some good shots but Thor was unaffected. Leaving the battle to get a weapon and "returning in a reasonable amount of time" lol does not equal a win. Thanos was getting outfought and new he could not win. Why else would he go for the gun? Thanos knew the entire time with the power gem he wasn't koing Thor he fought him because it invigorated him but he clearly understood he wasn't beating him physically and when he grew weary of it he ended it. All stated clearly on panel.

His intelligence coupled with his power make him the most feared character in all of comics.

Damborgson
Thanos knew the entire time with the power gem he wasn't koing Thor he fought him because it invigorated him but he clearly understood he wasn't beating him physically and when he grew weary of it he ended it. All stated clearly on panel.

His intelligence coupled with his power make him the most feared character in all of comics. Point out where it was said on panel that Thanos knew he could not win. True Thanos fought because he was getting a thrill off it but he only "tired" of it after this. :http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/390901-22962_super.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/390920-112105_super.jpg

He was plenty interested in winning that fight. He saw that he was unable to win and went for the gun.

quanchi112
Point out where it was said on panel that Thanos knew he could not win. True Thanos fought because he was getting a thrill off it but he only "tired" of it after this. :http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/390901-22962_super.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/390920-112105_super.jpg

He was plenty interested in winning that fight. He saw that he was unable to win and went for the gun. He understood the power gem and what it entails. Hell, when he fought the champion he ha dother means than simply brawling with him just like with Thor.

If you don't think Thanos grasped the power gem and it's capabilities then you didn't grasp the story.

Damborgson
He understood the power gem and what it entails. Hell, when he fought the champion he ha dother means than simply brawling with him just like with Thor.

If you don't think Thanos grasped the power gem and it's capabilities then you didn't grasp the story. What other means exactly? When he fought Champion he used his powerful energy blasts and shields. Both of which were nullified

here: http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/390868-13130_super.jpg

and here:http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/381657-12639_super.jpg

The shields he used against Champion were different but using them would not have been to Thanos' advantage. Even if they momentarily stopped Thor's assault, Thor would have blown up the whole ship if he had 2. And he probably would have. When Champion fought Thanos he blew up the whole planet to try and get a victory. Thor being bloodlusted as he was would have done the ssame but to Thanos' ship. A battle in space with Thor would not be to Thanos' advantage. I believe its because Thanos knew this that he did not use those other shields.

While I realize that Thanos knew about the gem and that KO'ing Thor would not be easy (or maybe impossible) You cant say Thanos was not trying to win. He was giving it all he had at the end and getting a thrill out of it. He only stopped when the battle once again began turning south for him.

quanchi112
What other means exactly? When he fought Champion he used his powerful energy blasts and shields. Both of which were nullified

here: http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/390868-13130_super.jpg

and here:http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/381657-12639_super.jpg

The shields he used against Champion were different but using them would not have been to Thanos' advantage. Even if they momentarily stopped Thor's assault, Thor would have blown up the whole ship if he had 2. And he probably would have. When Champion fought Thanos he blew up the whole planet to try and get a victory. Thor being bloodlusted as he was would have done the ssame but to Thanos' ship. A battle in space with Thor would not be to Thanos' advantage. I believe its because Thanos knew this that he did not use those other shields.

While I realize that Thanos knew about the gem and that KO'ing Thor would not be easy (or maybe impossible) You cant say Thanos was not trying to win. He was giving it all he had at the end and getting a thrill out of it. He only stopped when the battle once again began turning south for him. His entire plan was to enrage the champion enough to destroy the planet to hand over the power gem which he himself was ignorant about. His intention was never to beat him in battle. How can you be so naive.

Thor is a better fighter than champion and has other means/abilities champion doesn't have so the same plan wouldn't work.

Wrong, when the fight bored him he ended it. He was in no danger of losing either and only had a bloody nose despite Pip thinking otherwise midway during the fight.

Thanos knew what had to be done and took him on for sheer sport for a time. Both battles against pg users were the same he did so for a time and had another means of winning the confrontation.

Damborgson
His entire plan was to enrage the champion enough to destroy the planet to hand over the power gem which he himself was ignorant about. His intention was never to beat him in battle. How can you be so naive.

Thor is a better fighter than champion and has other means/abilities champion doesn't have so the same plan wouldn't work.

Wrong, when the fight bored him he ended it. He was in no danger of losing either and only had a bloody nose despite Pip thinking otherwise midway during the fight.

Thanos knew what had to be done and took him on for sheer sport for a time. Both battles against pg users were the same he did so for a time and had another means of winning the confrontation. ummm no duh? when did i say something to the contrary? lol Thanos stated more than once that Champion was immortal. Thanos could not kill Champion. Nor knock him out or anything of the sort. His plan worked perfectly and Champion was left helpless in space and forced to make a deal. Ending somewhat badly for him. Shouldnt be so quick to assume i am naive because once again...http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/roflbot-Xkbs.jpg?t=1302142522

what plan are you talking about exactly? If Thanos had planned to use his shields?

What a coincidence that Thanos got "bored" after being bloodied. laughing out loud Character talk is cheap. Pip's opinions and perspective of the battle was almost worthless.

You cannot deny that Thanos was trying to win that fight through physical means.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/381656-81878_super.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/390876-85317_super.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/390901-22962_super.jpg

This fight was clearly not the same as the one with Champion. With Champion he had a plan. Already ready to go and he executed it flawlessly. When he fought Thor, Thor had been teleported into the middle of his ship. Thanos could do nothing to Thor. He lost the fight. The physical one anyway.

quanchi112
ummm no duh? when did i say something to the contrary? lol Thanos stated more than once that Champion was immortal. Thanos could not kill Champion. Nor knock him out or anything of the sort. His plan worked perfectly and Champion was left helpless in space and forced to make a deal. Ending somewhat badly for him. Shouldnt be so quick to assume i am naive because once again...http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/roflbot-Xkbs.jpg?t=1302142522

what plan are you talking about exactly? If Thanos had planned to use his shields?

What a coincidence that Thanos got "bored" after being bloodied. laughing out loud Character talk is cheap. Pip's opinions and perspective of the battle was almost worthless.

You cannot deny that Thanos was trying to win that fight through physical means.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/381656-81878_super.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/390876-85317_super.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/390901-22962_super.jpg

This fight was clearly not the same as the one with Champion. With Champion he had a plan. Already ready to go and he executed it flawlessly. When he fought Thor, Thor had been teleported into the middle of his ship. Thanos could do nothing to Thor. He lost the fight. The physical one anyway. I'm glad you agree Thanos taking on the Champion was merely a formality as well.

They explained to Thanos the situation and he knew full well what it required to put Thor down. He took him on physically because it invigorated him momentarily which he clearly states on panel.

Nowhere save in your head was Thanos losing the fight he knew it was pointless in the end and ended it the way he knew how, his gun.

SamZED
Thanos would indeed trick her into becoming tangible I mean he's treated the grandmaster like an idiot before I hardly see why this is any different. That sounds a bit too much like "Batman will find a way".

quanchi112
That sounds a bit too much like "Batman will find a way". If it's in character to outsmart intelligent opponents then that's what happens. You aren't allowed to hide forever as intangible these threads end.

Damborgson
I'm glad you agree Thanos taking on the Champion was merely a formality as well.

They explained to Thanos the situation and he knew full well what it required to put Thor down. He took him on physically because it invigorated him momentarily which he clearly states on panel.

Nowhere save in your head was Thanos losing the fight he knew it was pointless in the end and ended it the way he knew how, his gun. So you think Thanos took a beating becuase he enjoyed it? If he knew it was pointless he would have stopped it at the beginning. He tried to win.

The fact that Thanos did so much better at then end should make it obvious that Thanos was trying to win. Otherwise he would have gone for the gun right after he smashed Thor through the ground. Instead he was trying to puff up his pride and fight it out. Ive posted it many times where Thanos says "hah mad god ind-" and is then hit by mjolnir. Even knowing he could not win such a battle through physical means he tried. Just because he said "i grow weary of this" does not mean he stopped because he was bored. He stopped because he was losing and going to lose worse. Sure being craft as he is he probably had the back up plan of the gun in the back of his mind but denying that he was trying to win through physical means is completely wrong.

Of course being a total fanboy of Thanos you wont accept this. You will either ignore, deny, or rationalize the fight so that in your mind it will still equal a win for Thanos. And that he was never in trouble and that he had it all under control and blah blah blah. smile Dont get me wrong Thanos is clearly Thor's superior in battle assuming its a classic Thor. But this was not a win for Thanos. He tried and failed to win by physical means. Do you think that he'd ever admit this to Surfer on panel? No he is to prideful. He only "grew weary" of it after he was bloodied again.

quanchi112
So you think Thanos took a beating becuase he enjoyed it? If he knew it was pointless he would have stopped it at the beginning. He tried to win.

The fact that Thanos did so much better at then end should make it obvious that Thanos was trying to win. Otherwise he would have gone for the gun right after he smashed Thor through the ground. Instead he was trying to puff up his pride and fight it out. Ive posted it many times where Thanos says "hah mad god ind-" and is then hit by mjolnir. Even knowing he could not win such a battle through physical means he tried. Just because he said "i grow weary of this" does not mean he stopped because he was bored. He stopped because he was losing and going to lose worse. Sure being craft as he is he probably had the back up plan of the gun in the back of his mind but denying that he was trying to win through physical means is completely wrong.

Of course being a total fanboy of Thanos you wont accept this. You will either ignore, deny, or rationalize the fight so that in your mind it will still equal a win for Thanos. And that he was never in trouble and that he had it all under control and blah blah blah. smile Dont get me wrong Thanos is clearly Thor's superior in battle assuming its a classic Thor. But this was not a win for Thanos. He tried and failed to win by physical means. Do you think that he'd ever admit this to Surfer on panel? No he is to prideful. He only "grew weary" of it after he was bloodied again. The same reason Champion was taken on by Thanos. Against Thor he fully understood the gem's capabilities and knew he more than likely wasn't going to win by might alone hence the gun.

He didn't go for the gun right away because he was never in any real danger of being beaten or killed. Thanos knew that.

Different set of circumstances with the Surfer and he did prevail there as well.

I am a realist and my interpretation correlates with the dialogue yours doesn't.

Damborgson
Against Thor he fully understood the gem's capabilities and knew he more than likely wasn't going to win by might alone hence the gun.

So Thanos simply spent 7 pages of fighting knowing that it was for nothing? Quanchi-boy your grasping at straws. The gun was only his back-up plan incase he could not pull it off physically . Which he could not. Regardless of his knowledge of the gem he tried. Not because he was stupid but because he wanted to see if he could pull it off. You dont think Thor would have killed Thanos if the fight continued? Thanos is tough which is why he resisted the blows as much as he did. But sooner or later he would have gone down. That was irrelevant to what I said to you. I said Thanos would not admit that he was in trouble to Surfer. Nothing about a matchup between the two or anything of the sort. We all know Thanos is>>>surfer. But that still does not mean he will simply admit he was in danger of losing to him. He is prideful and rightfully so. Dont flatter yourself. You were and are still arguing at this moment that Thanos will beat an intangible object by slapping it. big grin Btw character talk has/is/and will be cheap for the most part. Unless there was a direct statement where Thanos said something like he was intentionally drawing out the fight to measure his capacity of whether he could win or not or that he was trying to get Thor in position or something similar to this Thanos saying he was bored means little. I'll admit he was probably tired. Tired of getting his head beat by Mjolnir.

Damborgson
I predict this discussion will not end until you get the last word in. So go for it if u want. I have explained my point and u yours. You still think you are right and I still think/know you are wrong. We will not get anywhere. No real point in going any further as I know i will not convince you no matter what I say. im sure we will have plenty of other debates in the future. So till then. Later.

quanchi112
So Thanos simply spent 7 pages of fighting knowing that it was for nothing? Quanchi-boy your grasping at straws. The gun was only his back-up plan incase he could not pull it off physically . Which he could not. Regardless of his knowledge of the gem he tried. Not because he was stupid but because he wanted to see if he could pull it off. You dont think Thor would have killed Thanos if the fight continued? Thanos is tough which is why he resisted the blows as much as he did. But sooner or later he would have gone down. That was irrelevant to what I said to you. I said Thanos would not admit that he was in trouble to Surfer. Nothing about a matchup between the two or anything of the sort. We all know Thanos is>>>surfer. But that still does not mean he will simply admit he was in danger of losing to him. He is prideful and rightfully so. Dont flatter yourself. You were and are still arguing at this moment that Thanos will beat an intangible object by slapping it. big grin Btw character talk has/is/and will be cheap for the most part. Unless there was a direct statement where Thanos said something like he was intentionally drawing out the fight to measure his capacity of whether he could win or not or that he was trying to get Thor in position or something similar to this Thanos saying he was bored means little. I'll admit he was probably tired. Tired of getting his head beat by Mjolnir. Thanos explained he grew tired of the conflict as he fully understood the power gem. You can't object to his on panel statement and through a Thanos comment about another situation in here to justify his intentions for this comment.

I also showed that both times he confronted a pgem user he initially brawled then defeated them through other means.

Whether he would have or wouldn't have is immaterial to the point. The point is Thanos didn't feel any pressure to do so at that point. In no way did he seem desperate to end the conflict he just grew bored with it.

Quit ignoring the dialogue just because you like Thor the dialogue is there to aid the reader not to confuse him(well unless it's Morrison anyways.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.