Battle of the Neophyte Heralds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
The following heralds square off with one another in a free for all battle royal. The catch? They are all within their first year of activity (chronologically speaking in universe, not publishing history). Which n00b herald wins?

Superman (1st year active as Superman)
Thor (1st year having been active on modern-day Earth)
Silver Surfer (1st year as Herald of Galactus)
Green Lantern Hal Jordan (1st year as Lantern of Sector 2814)

thor already had millenia of experience before that

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by 753
thor already had millenia of experience before that

Battling Asgardian themed threats, yet, but not a whole let dealing with the "superheroic" stuff he's since dealt with having been a part of Modern Marvel Earth. Superman's also has quite a bit of experience due to his time with the LoSH. Not to mention this was when Blake's persona was trying to acclimate itself alongside with Thor's own.

Also, bump.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Based on the new continuity of First Thunder, Thor still has all of his memories from his past life as an Asgardian. He was banished from Asgard centuries ago and was trapped in a cane that was placed in a cave; it was when Donald Blake tapped it that he awoke. Then it was revealed that Donald Blake is also Odin's son and is Thor, or something. It was pretty damn confusing. Anyway, the point is that Thor was no novice by any means.

Thor wins. Mortals with this level of power and their capabilities will take him off guard though. Of course, all of them will be taken off guard by their foes.

What's the new continuity with Superman and the Legion by the way? I believe it was retconned that those events happened to the Superman we know, but does he retain those childhood memories? Don't have the Superman: Origins mini on hand.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Based on the new continuity of First Thunder, Thor still has all of his memories from his past life as an Asgardian. He was banished from Asgard centuries ago and was trapped in a cane that was placed in a cave; it was when Donald Blake tapped it that he awoke. Then it was revealed that Donald Blake is also Odin's son and is Thor, or something. It was pretty damn confusing. Anyway, the point is that Thor was no novice by any means.

Thor wins. Mortals with this level of power and their capabilities will take him off guard though. Of course, all of them will be taken off guard by their foes.

What's the new continuity with Superman and the Legion by the way? I believe it was retconned that those events happened to the Superman we know, but does he retain those childhood memories? Don't have the Superman: Origins mini on hand.

I agree on Thor not being a novice, but in his first year he was getting used to more general superhero-y action and the like. First Thunder was cool, though, weird art aside.

In Secret Origin, a young Clark/Superboy adventured with the LoSH during his youth.

Bouboumaster
I say Silver Surfer. Galactus created him and made him fully fonctionnal. He began to have trouble when he went on Earth.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I agree on Thor not being a novice, but in his first year he was getting used to more general superhero-y action and the like. First Thunder was cool, though, weird art aside.

In Secret Origin, a young Clark/Superboy adventured with the LoSH during his youth.

During First Thunder, I don't think a lack of experience against foes was mentioned even when taking on super powered villains like the Radioactive Man, Fanastic Four or Sandu. Experience was not an issue.

Did he keep the memories?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.