Need Killing!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

menokokoro
I have been in a mood the last few months. I have been wanting really good fights. Weather those fights are good because of the emotion, or because they are extra gruesome, choreographed etc., I just want something to entertain me without needing to think about it much. And live action movies just don't cut if for me, some are pretty good, but they just can't get what I want from them like anime can.

So, any recommendations for some good ol' violent anime? I prefer good choreography, but not entirely necessary.

Just to give an idea of what I am looking for here are some I have seen, that have some attributes I am looking for.

Trigun: not an incredibly violent series, but the way they did the fights gave me the chills, vash was just perfect. Also, didn't drag on (I HATE dbz)
Cowboy bebop: Similar reasons as trigun, but with decent choreography, and semi realistic scenarios (he can be injured, is not perfect)
Berzerk: How I wish it was done with the quality of bebop. This one had so much, the brutality of war, the determination of an awesome character, crazy emotion....ZODD!
Advent children: stylized fight scenes.

There are more, but I think you get the idea. Also, nothing that is more than like 50 episodes. I am already watching One Piece and Naruto, both crazy long, with no end in sight. I would love to get hooked on something that is relatively short so I can have a life lol.

dadudemon
The Manga "Tough" has some nice H2H brutality every now and then. The story is okay. It's not the best, but may satisfy your fist crushing faces needs.

Q99
Black Lagoon Soooo great at violence. Takes place in a south east Asian port city. Lotsa gunplay, other stuff mixed in.

TheAuraAngel
Gar matey!

Elfen Lied?

menokokoro
I saw elfen lied already. LOVED IT!

Edit:
Originally posted by Q99
Black Lagoon Soooo great at violence. Takes place in a south east Asian port city. Lotsa gunplay, other stuff mixed in. I love gunplay! I'll definitely check it out!.

danteiscool
well there is the Baki the Grappler anime/manga, then there's Hellsing (the ovas are amazing; they do the manga justice), Tenjho Tenge (be warned, there are a lot of flashbacks, but some of the fights make up for it. if you do end up liking it, read the manga since it's only 136 chapters long).

another anime I'm checking out is Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka. the anime has a lot of comedy and its fair share of fan service (some of which is quite disturbing), but the fight scenes are actually pretty good in my opinion especially about halfway through the series and near the end.

and maybe Beelzebub. those guys in the manga sure know how to smash heads into/through walls.

RE: Blaxican
Black Lagoon is pretty top-tier. Short and sweet.

Also, dude, holy shit, check out out Samurai Champloo.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by menokokoro
I have been in a mood the last few months. I have been wanting really good fights. Weather those fights are good because of the emotion, or because they are extra gruesome, choreographed etc., I just want something to entertain me without needing to think about it much. And live action movies just don't cut if for me, some are pretty good, but they just can't get what I want from them like anime can.

So, any recommendations for some good ol' violent anime? I prefer good choreography, but not entirely necessary.

Just to give an idea of what I am looking for here are some I have seen, that have some attributes I am looking for.

Trigun: not an incredibly violent series, but the way they did the fights gave me the chills, vash was just perfect. Also, didn't drag on (I HATE dbz)
Cowboy bebop: Similar reasons as trigun, but with decent choreography, and semi realistic scenarios (he can be injured, is not perfect)
Berzerk: How I wish it was done with the quality of bebop. This one had so much, the brutality of war, the determination of an awesome character, crazy emotion....ZODD!
Advent children: stylized fight scenes.

There are more, but I think you get the idea. Also, nothing that is more than like 50 episodes. I am already watching One Piece and Naruto, both crazy long, with no end in sight. I would love to get hooked on something that is relatively short so I can have a life lol.

I recommend "Princess Resurrection". It has some great fights.

"Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS," "Kannazuki no Miko" (especially the duel between Himeko and Chikane if you want powerful emotion) and "Shinzo" also have some very good action scenes.

menokokoro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Black Lagoon is pretty top-tier. Short and sweet.

Also, dude, holy shit, check out out Samurai Champloo. nice, 2 for Black Lagoon. and yes, Samurai Champloo is AMAZING! I can't find any fault with it, my favorite (funny) episode, is the baseball episode. So awesome!

Q99
Hellsing. Vampires, a mix of supernatural and guns, pretty over-the-top.

Nephthys
Yes, the OVA of Helsing is where its at.

Q99
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yes, the OVA of Helsing is where its at.

The original series isn't bad either, it fleshes out some early bits, but yea, the OVA's better.

menokokoro
Yes, I LOVE hellsing ultimate. They did such a good job making alucard look really REALLY powerful, and pure evil! Loved it.

menokokoro
Ok, just watched The Sword of a Stranger. Now THAT is the kind of violence I'm looking for! Man one of the best anime movies for combat.

General_Iroh
Darker than black, FMA:B, Soul Eater. Maybe one of those, not positive what you're looking for. Soul Eater's ending sucks btw in case you do decide to watch it.

menokokoro
Originally posted by General_Iroh
Darker than black, FMA:B, Soul Eater. Maybe one of those, not positive what you're looking for. Soul Eater's ending sucks btw in case you do decide to watch it. How acurate is FMA:B to the manga? And I just started soul eater, I'm liking it a lot, sucks that the ending isn't good, at least it ends lol.

danteiscool
FMA: B follows the manga almost completely. I haven't watched it, but chances are that like the Naruto anime, they probably added in a few extra scenes, but other than that, it is spot on.

and yeah, the Soul Eater anime ending sucks.

Q99
The first FMA anime expands on the early chapters a lot more, then diverges. The second follows the manga to the end. IMO both are good.

menokokoro
ugh, I can't watch anymore Soul eater, it is getting too....silly? I Don't like the chainsaw dude, just lessens the cool factor of the other weapons. And what is the deal with the mosquito man? Idk, I will continue past this part at least.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.