Rocky Vs Rambo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Bare knuckle brawl in an arena, no weapons, all fight feats acceptable. Both are in their best shape (strength, speed, agility, durability, fighting-skill etc)from whichever movie(s) they appeared best in for any given trait.

Which Stallone is left standing?

Rogue Jedi
Rocky.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Rocky.

I tend to agree, but Rambo is trained in kicks and grappling.

Rogue Jedi
All of which Rocky will go to the body on. He'll crush Rambo's ribs then knock his block off.

BruceSkywalker
been a while since i've seen the rambo movies, i believe rambo used some martial arts skills, but i think rocky should take the majority here

afterward, stallone takes jennifer to dinner to discuss the expendables 2 big grin

Impediment
Hmm.

Bare knuckle Rocky would probably have the upper hand here, no pun intended.

Rogue Jedi
Upper cut to Rambo's jaw. Bam.

Impediment
However, I haven't seen ANY Rambo movie for over 15 years. Seriously. I haven't even seen the newest Rambo, yet, so I can't tactfully deduce what John Rambo could or couldn't do.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
However, I haven't seen ANY Rambo movie for over 15 years. Seriously. I haven't even seen the newest Rambo, yet, so I can't tactfully deduce what John Rambo could or couldn't do.

Newest Rambo was a decent action flick, much better than Rambo 2 and 3.

He rips a man's throat out with his bare hands. Not to spoil it for you.

Rogue Jedi
That was AWESOME.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
Newest Rambo was a decent action flick, much better than Rambo 2 and 3.

He rips a man's throat out with his bare hands. Not to spoil it for you.

anything else happen rob in the latest rambo movie?

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
anything else happen rob in the latest rambo movie?

H2H wise? Not really that I recall. He was completely roided out though, much bulkier than Rambo 1-3.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
anything else happen rob in the latest rambo movie? SAS prick gets his leg blown to shit and still wouldn't shut up.

Rogue Jedi
And this:

gjpeR6Zn_HA

Impediment
I might need to see this via Netflix. Looks interesting.

Johnny Demonic
Rambo was taught to ignore pain. Rocky, while tuff, doesn't have what it takes.

Rogue Jedi
And Rambo told Trautman that it wasn't working in Rambo 3.

Johnny Demonic
Wait wait wait, is this gonna turn into a Trautman Ghost vs Mickey Ghost?

Rogue Jedi
Nope. Besides, a KO punch wont hurt.

Johnny Demonic
Well yea, if Mickey ain't in Rocks corner telling him he is gonna eat lightning and crap thunder if he catches this chicken, then Rambo gets the KO in the 13th with a crushing combo and then for giggles puts him in the figure four leglock, wooooooooooo!!!

the ninjak
Rocky is in his element here. He wins.

Sadako of Girth
SAS prick gets his leg blown to shit and still wouldn't shut up.

Thats cause that "Prick" (Merc here, btw, not actively SAS) being SAS trained, was hard-as-nails.

No need for a screaming and crying because he had to sew his arm up, unlike Rambo in 'First Blood'. wink

He continues to (ironically for a one legged man) kick ass for the duration of the flick. He also wasn't intimidated by Rambo at all. smile

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by the ninjak
Rocky is in his element here. He wins.

Unless, of course, (as Robtard pointed out) Rambo rips his throat out.

Robtard
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Thats cause that "Prick" (Merc here, btw, not actively SAS) being SAS trained, was hard-as-nails.

No need for a screaming and crying because he had to sew his arm up, unlike Rambo in 'First Blood'. wink

He continues to (ironically for a one legged man) kick ass for the duration of the flick. He also wasn't intimidated by Rambo at all. smile

Have to agree with both of you, man was a prick, but he was also hard-as-nails. Not sure there are a lot of people who would continue to wage war after their leg was turned into jerky.

Robtard
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Unless, of course, (as Robtard pointed out) Rambo rips his throat out.

I imagine that would throw a wrench into Rocky's game-plan.

marwash22
Arnold wins.

steverules_2
Rocky was probably at his best in Rocky III but I'm wondering if his punching power was more powerful in IV considering he took down Drago

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
Arnold wins.

Not the aging contest.

Sadako of Girth
And its a tie on the speaking english contest...

quanchi112
Rocky wins.

jinXed by JaNx
I take Rambo in this one. If it were a boxing match then Rocky would murder Rambo in just a couple rounds. However, in a street fight i highly doubt that Rocky would have the slightest idea how to defend against the wide array of martial arts tactics that Rambo has at his disposal. I see Rambo winning after successfully landing a grapple. I don't know which character has a greater tolerance for pain or damage but no one should under estimate Rambos ability to take a punch. I doubt Rocky would have survived the torture Rambo went through.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I take Rambo in this one. If it were a boxing match then Rocky would murder Rambo in just a couple rounds. However, in a street fight i highly doubt that Rocky would have the slightest idea how to defend against the wide array of martial arts tactics that Rambo has at his disposal. I see Rambo winning after successfully landing a grapple. I don't know which character has a greater tolerance for pain or damage but no one should under estimate Rambos ability to take a punch. I doubt Rocky would have survived the torture Rambo went through. Rocky versus Tommy Gunn, nuff said.

jinXed by JaNx
Rocky versus Tommy Gunn, nuff said.

What's that have to do with anything? That was still essentially a boxing match. If anything, that is Rockys' weakest on screen feat. I didn't see Tommy Gunn using special forces training that consists of many different types of martial arts. Really do you think Rocky would know how to counter a grapple?

Rogue Jedi
What's that have to do with anything? That was still essentially a boxing match. If anything, that is Rockys' weakest on screen feat. I didn't see Tommy Gunn using special forces training that consists of many different types of martial arts. Really do you think Rocky would know how to counter a grapple? It was a boxing/grappling street fight. Besides, Drago was unable to KO Rocky with a 2150 psi punch.

jinXed by JaNx
It was a boxing/grappling street fight. Besides, Drago was unable to KO Rocky with a 2150 psi punch.

I didn't see any grappling other than maybe a bear hug. I'm talking about arm-bars, Guillotines and chokes. Drago may not have been able to knock Rocky out but he still made him retarded with brain damage. Besides, I would take a veteran MMA artist over Drago any day in a street fight. Rambo survived electrocution laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
I didn't see any grappling other than maybe a bear hug. I'm talking about arm-bars, Guillotines and chokes. Drago may not have been able to knock Rocky out but he still made him retarded with brain damage. Besides, I would take a veteran MMA artist over Drago any day in a street fight. Rambo survived electrocution laughing out loud Drago rapes any MMAer.

jinXed by JaNx
If he keep from being taken down then yeah.

Rogue Jedi
Bullshit. He'll toss them around like a rag doll.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.