Fermilab to Make An Announcement (Not Higgs)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Symmetric Chaos
I'm avoiding getting my hopes up after the NASA thing.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gBHaPXo0jGXRebYBo4ZQSeuTODKw?docId=CNG.44805cba240712355fd0b06c6e13c30b.1a1

Sounds like a new particle since the guy says it decays into quarks.

Robtard
Bet you it's The Force.

Vinnie Jonez
Speed Force smile

Robtard
No such thing

Mindship
They're quantum sparks: we're bumping back those other universes.

Symmetric Chaos
The presentation is titled:
Invariant Mass Distribution of Jet Pairs Produced in Association with a W boson in proton-antiproton Collisions at sqrt(s) = 1.96 TeV

Duh?

dadudemon
This line particularly caught my eye:

"The US machine began its work in the mid 1980s, and is scheduled for shutdown later this year when its funding runs dry."

And, I always thought the attribute of mass was mediated by a different flavor of gravity. AKA, it's tied to the theoretical particle "gravitons" somehow. There could be a second force acting on gravitons which changes the interaction which has lead people to look for the Higgs Boson. This has to be true because gravity is derrived from the stress-energy tensor but how is it mediated? That is equivalent to me saying "this apple pie with apples in it has apples in it." But it's not so cut in dry in physics because you have to prove that what you call apples are really apples, first, before you can call it an apple pie.

RE: Blaxican
I always thought that God did it. Science is such a waste of money.

Bicnarok
I have an odd feeling that the deeper they go, the more complicated stuff they are going to find.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.