Justice League Movie!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthmaul1
I guess they are going to try and push for a justice league movie, to compete with the avengers. but according to EP Daily, Christian Bale will not be doing Batman.

I'm a little worried about this, why not get Bale, and wait and see if the new superman is anygood before they push it forward?

Here's a link to one webstie reporting it.
http://www.moviesonline.ca/2011/03/justice-league-movi/#

-Pr-
Because Bale won't fit in a JLA movie. They're rebooting Batman after Dark Knight rises, and the Superman in JLA won't be Henry Cavill.

super pr*xy
i think marvel is doing the right thing.. they're casting the characters from their respective movies and putting them together in avengers movie.. they have been putting in the ground work by giving the main characters the proper intro.. a stand alone justice league movie could be a trilogy to tie in the death of superman.. other than that, DC should go the marvel route..

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by -Pr-
Because Bale won't fit in a JLA movie. They're rebooting Batman after Dark Knight rises, and the Superman in JLA won't be Henry Cavill.

you know a whole lot of people get mad at me when i say this but while i live bales batman im happy for a re-boot....they can do the comic book friendly batman but do it better then burton and then a jla! that would be awesome....along with this is the flash script up for discussion....so i assume his movie would be tied into the justice league movie.

roughrider
So they cancelled this movie a few years ago because they realized the folly of having different actors playing Superman and Batman in different film series...but now they think it's OK??

Badabing
I'm okay with a different cast. I like the Nolan/Bale Batman, but don't see him on a JLA team with characters who have super powers.

If it's done right, it should be worth watching.

ares834
Originally posted by super pr*xy
i think marvel is doing the right thing.. they're casting the characters from their respective movies and putting them together in avengers movie.. they have been putting in the ground work by giving the main characters the proper intro.. a stand alone justice league movie could be a trilogy to tie in the death of superman.. other than that, DC should go the marvel route..

The problem is this can ruin the stand-alone movies. Look at Iron Man 2... That movie was terrible because they were pushing the Avengers plot rather than the Iron Man one.

-Pr-
TBH, I think that the DC characters can for the most part get away with having more than one actor playing certain characters. People like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and even the likes of Flash and Aquaman are recognisable by their costumes; i don't think many people are going to get THAT confused with two actors playing the role of the same hero.

DC is doing sort of the opposite of the Marvel route, by using a JLA movie to launch people like Flash and Wonder Woman in to their own movies. And to be honest, I can see the logic in such a move.

Entity
Aside from the Batman movies Marvel is handing DC their ass at the box office and now they're just starting to grasp at straws with this, the new WW tv show and of course being so desperate to hold onto the one good franchise they have going for them with Nolan, Bale and everyone leaving after the next one. They already planning a Batman reboot before the next film is even finished and ready for release!

They should instead be taking a cue from Marvel and try giving some of their other characters a decent shot with actors that fit the parts and writers/directors that actually care about these characters and are willing to do them justice like Nolan did with Batman and Favreau did for Iron Man and I believe Whedon will do for the Avengers. Take time to do the films right for the fans that made them famous and not just for a biggest opening weekend. Then work it into the movies to be intertwined into a huge JLA production.

the ninjak
Originally posted by ares834
The problem is this can ruin the stand-alone movies. Look at Iron Man 2... That movie was terrible because they were pushing the Avengers plot rather than the Iron Man one.

I enjoyed Ironman 2. And it only hinted at the Avengers initiative at the end.

roughrider
if DC thinks they can treat their live action films like their animated direct-to-DVD ones - where every version is in it's own separate continuity - I think they are mistaken.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by Badabing
I'm okay with a different cast. I like the Nolan/Bale Batman, but don't see him on a JLA team with characters who have super powers.

If it's done right, it should be worth watching.

I really like Bale as Batman but no matter who plays him Batman still doesn't have super powers and he doesn't in the cartoons either so that doesn't matter.

IMO they should push for Bale for Batman, and see how the new superman plays out, and if it's any good get Renolds for green lantern.
Have some continuity, instead of recasting and rushing it. lets see one flash movie and wonderwoman movie and then in 5 years do a JLA movie with Bale and renolds.

And to reboot something that doesn't need rebooting like Nolans batman is crap.

ares834
Originally posted by the ninjak

Nah. Remeber the entire Black Widow plot, stupid shit like this prevented them from focusing on Stark.

roughrider
Originally posted by ares834
Nah. Remeber the entire Black Widow plot, stupid shit like this prevented them from focusing on Stark.

No, the part of the plot involving her was in support of what was going on around Stark. It's not like she was acting in a completely different movie.

And we've been seeing it since the first Iron Man - story threads that are hinting towards the coming Avengers movie. All the movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe are doing it. It's what makes it different from watching X-Men and Fantastic Four, all locked away in their own film continuity. I'm preferring it this way.

-Pr-
Originally posted by darthmaul1
I really like Bale as Batman but no matter who plays him Batman still doesn't have super powers and he doesn't in the cartoons either so that doesn't matter.

IMO they should push for Bale for Batman, and see how the new superman plays out, and if it's any good get Renolds for green lantern.
Have some continuity, instead of recasting and rushing it. lets see one flash movie and wonderwoman movie and then in 5 years do a JLA movie with Bale and renolds.

And to reboot something that doesn't need rebooting like Nolans batman is crap.

batman fit in, in the cartoon.

darthmaul1
batman fit in, in the cartoon.

Agreed, just because he doesn't have powers doesn't mean he wont fit in the movie or the cartoon for that matter.

-Pr-
Agreed, just because he doesn't have powers doesn't mean he wont fit in the movie or the cartoon for that matter.

exactly. the only problem is that batman in the cartoons was altered to be able to work at that level. bale would need to be radically different than he was in tdk, imo.

ares834
Originally posted by roughrider
No, the part of the plot involving her was in support of what was going on around Stark. It's not like she was acting in a completely different movie.
Never said she was. But the use of her character was detrimental to Stark and the rest of the characters in the Iron Man crew. That was the real problem for me, the S.H.E.I.L.D. plotline seemed to derail what should have been Stark's plight.

I'm perfectly fine with them hinting at it. What I don't like is having these "hints" becoming essential to the movie. I just hope Thor and Captain America don't fall to the same problem.

Caps Conscience
it will suck because DC sucks.

Placidity
exactly. the only problem is that batman in the cartoons was altered to be able to work at that level. bale would need to be radically different than he was in tdk, imo.

Exactly.

This is the problem I have with Nolan's Batman. As a movie by itself, it is brilliant. But for people who know about the comics and animated Batman, its just not the same character IMO.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by Placidity
Exactly.

This is the problem I have with Nolan's Batman. As a movie by itself, it is brilliant. But for people who know about the comics and animated Batman, its just not the same character IMO.

Really? Please explain how. My perspective on it is batman does not have super powers in any of the media. But for the most part nolans is more grounded in reality. Do you mean batman needs things like a jet and other high tec equipment to fit in a JLA movie?

-Pr-
Really? Please explain how. My perspective on it is batman does not have super powers in any of the media. But for the most part nolans is more grounded in reality. Do you mean batman needs things like a jet and other high tec equipment to fit in a JLA movie?

Batman in the comics and the cartoon exists in a much more fantastical world than Bale's. Everything from his villains to the kinds of things he can actually do are so much more heightened than what Nolan did. Batman's world is very dark and gritty, and quite real at times, but there's still that element of the supernatural a lot of times. Look at how many villains he has that are superhuman, for example.

Placidity
Batman in the comics and the cartoon exists in a much more fantastical world than Bale's. Everything from his villains to the kinds of things he can actually do are so much more heightened than what Nolan did. Batman's world is very dark and gritty, and quite real at times, but there's still that element of the supernatural a lot of times. Look at how many villains he has that are superhuman, for example.

yep, thats what I meant.

One example is the way Batman fights. In many of the scenes he just appears very human, and his fighting style doesn't exactly look like he is one of the all time greatest martial artists.

-Pr-
exactly. and in the cartoons he's judo flipped superman and kalibak.

srankmissingnin
Bale's Batman isn't that smart either. He is James Bond in a Batman suit, and Morgan Freeman is Q.

Placidity
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Bale's Batman isn't that smart either. He is James Bond in a Batman suit, and Morgan Freeman is Q.

True that ^. The only nod towards his detective brilliance was shown by him reconstituting information from the bullet in TDK, and that doesn't even come close to depicting comic/animated Batman's intellect.

I actually think of him as a more skilled version of "Big Daddy" from Kickass.

He does have his Batman-like moments though, like gliding with his cape when he went to capture Lau from Hong Kong. And also in Batman Begins the way he swings into the train with his grappling hook was badass. His League of Shadows training origins was also pretty cool in BB.

Another problem is that the animated Bruce Wayne is impossibly suave and charismatic, and Bale just doesn't cut it in that department. I guess it has a lot to do with Kevin Conroy's awesome voice acting.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by Placidity
True that ^. The only nod towards his detective brilliance was shown by him reconstituting information from the bullet in TDK, and that doesn't even come close to depicting comic/animated Batman's intellect.

I actually think of him as a more skilled version of "Big Daddy" from Kickass.

He does have his Batman-like moments though, like gliding with his cape when he went to capture Lau from Hong Kong. And also in Batman Begins the way he swings into the train with his grappling hook was badass. His League of Shadows training origins was also pretty cool in BB.

Another problem is that the animated Bruce Wayne is impossibly suave and charismatic, and Bale just doesn't cut it in that department. I guess it has a lot to do with Kevin Conroy's awesome voice acting.

What about him revamping the sonar thing in TDK.

Any hoo, i think if done right Bale could fit into a JLA movie. Christ even if they were to do it with the cast of Smallville it would be good.

Doctor-Alvis
I could see it working with Bale's Batman. Superman wouldn't be blocking the gravity of a black hole with his bare hands or nothin' but it could work.

RE: Blaxican
Bale as an actor doesn't have enough charisma to keep the spotlight in his own movie (arguably because of the script). BaleMan is going to be completely overshadowed by more "fantastical" superheroes in a JL movie, imo.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Bale as an actor doesn't have enough charisma to keep the spotlight in his own movie (arguably because of the script). BaleMan is going to be completely overshadowed by more "fantastical" superheroes in a JL movie, imo.

That depends on how they film it. If everyone has the same screen time or side quest it could work. Just make it like the cartoon and it should be ok.

Or if they did cast someone new for batman then get a complete unknown and use Kevin conroys voice.

roughrider
Nolan's version of Batman is like the Ultimate Comics version of him, with more emphasis on grounded reality. The reason Batman is less armoured up in the comics is that it makes him look heroic on the page; they can't draw those rippling abs if he was. Even though that's what you would really expect him to wear. But they would have to take some of that approach for a live action film, because they have to show why Superman doesn't just do everything himself; why it's important to have diverse members who aren't as powerful to fill a role.

With Avengers coming first, they should see how they delegate roles to Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye and the rest in the plot. In the comics there is more suspension of belief; in live action people want to see real reasons why Superman needs Batman.

-Pr-
What about him revamping the sonar thing in TDK.

Any hoo, i think if done right Bale could fit into a JLA movie. Christ even if they were to do it with the cast of Smallville it would be good.

No Smallville. Ever.

darthmaul1
No Smallville. Ever.

You don't like smallville?
I think in that universe they hit the nail on the head with JLA.

Entity
I think in that universe they hit the nail on the head with JLA. Except there's no Batman. But lets face it, we all know its just because everyone knows how quickly Bruce could over shadow Clark in character. But thats really what Green Arrow is on smallville. Just Batman substitute. Done get me wrong thou, I love Oliver n how he's portrayed on Smallville. Would be great to see a Star City spin off with him n Chloe, Black Canary, n cameos from the League. All taking place right as he's lost the bulk of Queen industries and grows a gotee.

I know its been said but I still love the idea! eek!

darthmaul1
Originally posted by Entity
Except there's no Batman. But lets face it, we all know its just because everyone knows how quickly Bruce could over shadow Clark in character. But thats really what Green Arrow is on smallville. Just Batman substitute. Done get me wrong thou, I love Oliver n how he's portrayed on Smallville. Would be great to see a Star City spin off with him n Chloe, Black Canary, n cameos from the League. All taking place right as he's lost the bulk of Queen industries and grows a gotee.

I know its been said but I still love the idea! eek!
That would be cool hey they are bring wonder woman to the small screen so the could do this too.

-Pr-
I think in that universe they hit the nail on the head with JLA.

They made a balls of Superman. Their JLA is all right, but it's still heavily lacking.

darthmaul1
They made a balls of Superman. Their JLA is all right, but it's still heavily lacking.

That's your opinion, IMO it is a good rendition of the character. i have a co-worker who is a hardcore superman fan who owns 99% of the comics and paid 10,000 dollars for the superman #2 comic, and he really likes the show.

-Pr-
That's your opinion, IMO it is a good rendition of the character. i have a co-worker who is a hardcore superman fan who owns 99% of the comics and paid 10,000 dollars for the superman #2 comic, and he really likes the show.

Good for him.

IMO, it's still not, and a lot of Superman fans dislike it as much as I do.

BlackZero30x

i highly dis-like superman but i can really see what pr is saying.....smallville is a completely different universe then superman....even clarks powers work differently then in the comics....and that is the most minuet change between the two.

roughrider
Good for him.

IMO, it's still not, and a lot of Superman fans dislike it as much as I do.

I liked the show, but it's not really Superman. It was in their mandate from the beginning, there were things their Clark Kent would never do. It's pretty much a live action Elseworlds.

BruceSkywalker
after thinking about it, i can certainly see christian bale returning

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by the ninjak

It was seriously nothing next to the first one. And with nick fury and black widow it did seem like an advert for avengers. I hope they dnt mention avengers in the 3rd one.

Robert Dwny saved Iron Man 2's ass!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.