Gladiator and Sentry (Non-Void) vs Superman and Flash (Wally)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Marvel's speediest heralds vs DC's speediest heralds!

Fight on indestructible earth-like planet.

No BFR. Which duo wins?

kgkg
Superman and Flash (Wally)

JakeTheBank
Superman and Flash. Better team work, more consistent and reliable displays of power/ability, plus Flash's versatility when it comes to his use of the Speed Force.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Superman and Flash. Better team work, more consistent and reliable displays of power/ability, plus Flash's versatility when it comes to his use of the Speed Force. Sentry would beat the snot outta flash imo

quanchi112
Team 1 wins.

bbrem123
team 1

carver9
This is a utter STOMP.

Team 1 wins 8/10.

Gladiator has feats that proves he could keep pace with Flash without a problem at all. The guy was controlling a big a** computer at hyperspeed.

carver9
Hyper speed>>>>light speed and he was doing it for hours.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
This is a utter STOMP.

Team 1 wins 8/10.

Gladiator has feats that proves he could keep pace with Flash without a problem at all. The guy was controlling a big a** computer at hyperspeed.

That feat was non canon, and is as such disqualified.

And even if it weren't, it still doesn't put him on the level of anyone on the other team.

Team 2 wins. Just plain better in pretty much every department.

Harbinger
Yeah, team two. Glads and Sentry make them work, but Supes/Wally win every time.

Hyperion Prime
Team 1 wins this. Gladiator is just too fast and strong for wally. Supes vs Gladiator is what it will come too and glads will win.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
That feat was non canon, and is as such disqualified.

And even if it weren't, it still doesn't put him on the level of anyone on the other team.

Team 2 wins. Just plain better in pretty much every department.

Which feat are you talking about?

He has done the hyper speed feat twice.

As for feats... Glads feats are better and has more quality imo. We know EXACTLY how fast he is during combat without second guessing and we know how strong he is without second guessing and we also know how durable he is without second guessing.

We know the quantity of his feats.

We have debated this a thousand times and you still have yet to prove or anyone on this forum has shown one scan of Supes being able to battle at or near light speed. Not fly through space but actually battle at those speeds. Glads has those types of feats. He has feats of operating at near light or above speeds on more than one occasion and its stated right on panel that he can do this.

I would give Sentry the nods over either and I would give Glads the nods over both as well.

Blind Sider
Flash dumps the Marvel duo in the Speed Force and the fight is over before it begins.

carver9
Originally posted by Blind Sider
Flash dumps the Marvel duo in the Speed Force and the fight is over before it begins.

Flash tries to blitz the team and run up on Glads and gets his neck grabbed and snapped.

-Pr-

He has done the hyper speed feat twice.

As for feats... Glads feats are better and has more quality imo. We know EXACTLY how fast he is during combat without second guessing and we know how strong he is without second guessing and we also know how durable he is without second guessing.

We know the quantity of his feats.

We have debated this a thousand times and you still have yet to prove or anyone on this forum has shown one scan of Supes being able to battle at or near light speed. Not fly through space but actually battle at those speeds. Glads has those types of feats. He has feats of operating at near light or above speeds on more than one occasion and its stated right on panel that he can do this.

I would give Sentry the nods over either and I would give Glads the nods over both as well.

The one in the F4 issue.

And no, you have posted Gladiator feats and misrepresented them. You've flat out lied at times too.

You've been shown TONS of Superman feats and discarded them just because you don't like them.

JakeTheBank
lulz at Glads "best" feat being shown and proved to be non-canon. And no, Gladiator's not getting the majority on Superman.

quanchi112
lulz at Glads "best" feat being shown and proved to be non-canon. And no, Gladiator's not getting the majority on Superman. I tried and tried to tell him it wasn't canon but then he pushed it to where it's official now. I do agree Superman wins a majority against Gladiator but either way it'd be one helluva fight.

carver9
The one in the F4 issue.

And no, you have posted Gladiator feats and misrepresented them. You've flat out lied at times too.

You've been shown TONS of Superman feats and discarded them just because you don't like them.

How did I misrepresent them? I know about all of his feats just like I know about all of Supes feats.

I agree, you have shown me tons of feats that we have had disagreements on. I made a thread for us to discuss this (you and I) but you all closed it so basically I gave up on the issue. I did the same for Thor against Rage but it was closed again. I'm just tired of debating about the same things.

I gave my reasons on why I think Glads and Sentry gets the majority... didn't know anyone was going to quote me.

Slaanesh
team 2..

carver9
lulz at Glads "best" feat being shown and proved to be non-canon. And no, Gladiator's not getting the majority on Superman.

JakeTheBank

The one the mods debunked?

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
I tried and tried to tell him it wasn't canon but then he pushed it to where it's official now. I do agree Superman wins a majority against Gladiator but either way it'd be one helluva fight.

Quan... stop it. I still do not understand why it isn't canon.

carver9
The one the mods debunked?

Well, I am referring to another one.

Valtot
team 2

-Pr-
How did I misrepresent them? I know about all of his feats just like I know about all of Supes feats.

I agree, you have shown me tons of feats that we have had disagreements on. I made a thread for us to discuss this (you and I) but you all closed it so basically I gave up on the issue. I did the same for Thor against Rage but it was closed again. I'm just tired of debating about the same things.

I gave my reasons on why I think Glads and Sentry gets the majority... didn't know anyone was going to quote me.

don't try to insult my intelligence carver, it's only going to end badly.

Well, I am referring to another one.

what one.

carver9
don't try to insult my intelligence carver, it's only going to end badly.

Lol... damn.

I'm not insulting you Pr.

-Pr-
Lol... damn.

I'm not insulting you Pr.

I said "try".

So what feat are you taking about?

carver9
I said "try".

So what feat are you taking about?

Lol... I'm kind of scared to put the feat up. You might find something wrong with it like you did my other feat.

Ill post it when it show that you are offline.

Badabing
Lol... I'm kind of scared to put the feat up. You might find something wrong with it like you did my other feat.

Ill post it when it show that you are offline. Mean old Pr is offline. Post it! biscuits

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
Mean old Pr is offline. Post it! biscuits

confused

Are you all trying to set me up?

WTH.

iceman24567
Team two wrecks team one

Badabing
confused

Are you all trying to set me up?

WTH. Set you up for what? pr

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by kgkg
Superman and Flash (Wally)

carver9
Set you up for what? pr

Lol... please tell me this isn't a new smiley.

Somebody save us. sad

Zack Fair
Team 2.

I agree it would be a great fight.

-Pr-

Ill post it when it show that you are offline.

Hey, it's not my fault you post invalid feats. mmm

Badabing
Lol... please tell me this isn't a new smiley.

Somebody save us. sad I have an army of dur smilies!

badabing

-Pr-
where's mine?

Badabing
where's mine? Noob...

paul

quanchi112
Set you up for what? pr Reported for setting people up. I'm glad carver sniffed out your sneaky plan.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Team 2.

I agree it would be a great fight. I can see Gladiator putting up a fair fight.

But Sentry? Him? He's been punked by Helicarriers twice now, once in each form. He's a *****. trickster

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I can see Gladiator putting up a fair fight.

But Sentry? Him? He's been punked by Helicarriers twice now, once in each form. He's a *****. trickster Do you know anything about the Sentry ? I mean anything ?

carver9
Team 1 and you all are seriously under estimating them. Team 2 holds no advantages in this fight whereas team 1 has many option. Hell, Glads can throw out numerous of teleportation orbs and bfr Supes and Flash right off the bat.

Flash is the weak link with CIS on. He starts off with a blitz and Glads grab him faster than a nano second and snap his neck.

Flash isn't blitzing someone that can see at tremendous speeds.

TricksterPriest
.........You do know that Flash can cross dimensions and time with the speed force, right? no

Seriously, you're lowballing Flash, alot. A nano second? laughing You think that's fast enough to touch Flash? no expression haermm

carver9
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/3697/hyperspeed9yu.jpg

Sirius77
A nanosecond is nothing to the flash. Attosecond reaction time> any other reaction time that I've heard of.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/3238/flashreaction.th.jpg
credit to galan for the scan.

I didn't read all of the thread, but are we arguing Flash's speed superiority to gladiator?

JakeTheBank
My...God.

facepalm

Omega Vision
Team 1 and you all are seriously under estimating them. Team 2 holds no advantages in this fight whereas team 1 has many option. Hell, Glads can throw out numerous of teleportation orbs and bfr Supes and Flash right off the bat.

Flash is the weak link with CIS on. He starts off with a blitz and Glads grab him faster than a nano second and snap his neck.

Flash isn't blitzing someone that can see at tremendous speeds.
Can you provide evidence of Gladiator doing that to anyone with any kind of real superspeed?

batdude123
Team 2.

SquallX
Superman, and Flash loses the fight because they go home and bang there significant other, instead of fighting a Mohawk reject, and a reject with a multiple personalities.

D-Block
Team 1. All it should take is one good hit and Wally is out of the fight. Anyone on team 1 can take shots from anyone on team 2.

iceman24567
Originally posted by D-Block
Team 1. All it should take is one good hit and Wally is out of the fight. Anyone on team 1 can take shots from anyone on team 2. Not really dont know why people think Wally has street level durability hes taken multiple shots from Gorrila Grodd while being mind raped, multiple punches and finger snaps from Zoom and lets not forget the beating he recieved from Amazo yet he was able to speed still and run away. Wally is not getting one shot unless you are strictly low balling

Deadline
Originally posted by iceman24567
Not really dont know why people think Wally has street level durability hes taken multiple shots from Gorrila Grodd while being mind raped, multiple punches and finger snaps from Zoom and lets not forget the beating he recieved from Amazo yet he was able to speed still and run away. Wally is not getting one shot unless you are strictly low balling

Is that his natural durability or PIS cos Batman has done similar

iceman24567
Originally posted by Deadline
Is that his natural durability or PIS cos Batman has done similar Its his natural durability the speed force aura around him gives him superhuman durability its not PIS erm. Why do you think hes able to punch beings steel hard and not break his hand daily? The speed force also gives him a healing factor I hate that people only see Flash as fast hes much more hes not some silly grey haired mutant laughing

Zack Fair
His healing factor is insane.

Deadline
Its his natural durability the speed force aura around him gives him superhuman durability its not PIS erm. Why do you think hes able to punch beings steel hard and not break his hand daily? The speed force also gives him a healing factor I hate that people only see Flash as fast hes much more hes not some silly grey haired mutant laughing

I know the speed force gives him durability, but it depends on how fast hes going.

Meh well looking at the context of this thread he'll be going pretty fast.

SquallX
I know the speed force gives him durability, but it depends on how fast hes going.

Meh well looking at the context of this thread he'll be going pretty fast.

Actually that's false, He doesn't need to be moving for the speed forece to amp his durability.

iceman24567

Meh well looking at the context of this thread he'll be going pretty fast. Well Flashes are always moving fast they actually slow down to interact with slower beings comics dont show it a majority of the time but Barry explained it recently in a comic

TricksterPriest
Wally was fighting Abra Kadabra one time, and Kadabra was blasting him with lightning, which was piercing his torso. Wally was taunting him that he could dodge it, but he was just running through it, healing it each time it hit him.

Hell, he's created speed force constructs around his legs to enable him to run while his legs were broken. This was pre-healing factor. It's quite difficult to take down a Flash.

SquallX
A Flash is like an annoying mosquito on crack, and no matter how many times you swats it, it comes back for more of you're blood.

h1a8
Let's not forget also that flash CAN STEAL SPEED OF OTHERS and effectively make them a statue.

King Kandy
masterbruce, what is "non-void" Sentry? That title could mean very many different things depending on your perspective.

carver9
Team 1 8/10

-Pr-
Originally posted by King Kandy
masterbruce, what is "non-void" Sentry? That title could mean very many different things depending on your perspective.

i'm assuming that he's going with the one laid out in the rules a while back.

King Kandy
Oh. I just checked the updated rules and I can't find it. Where is it posted?

-Pr-
This one:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=546926

It's actually what inspired us to do the character ruling thread.

King Kandy
Oh, OK.

Though, I think there are showings before siege where the Sentry/Void barrier is hazy as well.

Sirius77
My...God.

facepalm

Is that for me lol?

JakeTheBank
No, it's the rampant ignorance of Flash and his abilities - weaklink? WTF?! - coupled with massive highballing in favor of team one.

-Pr-
Originally posted by King Kandy
Oh, OK.

Though, I think there are showings before siege where the Sentry/Void barrier is hazy as well.

You could argue that, but the way Sentry gets treated in this board, we thought it best just to hammer stuff out. To keep it simple etc.

Fifthchild
Sentry is the high card out of these 4 while Gladiator is good enough to matchup with either of the other two IMO so the Marvel duo have the advantage as I see it.

Mindset
You could argue that, but the way Sentry gets treated in this board, we thought it best just to hammer stuff out. To keep it simple etc. You think we're pretty stupid, huh? sneer

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
You think we're pretty stupid, huh? sneer

Depends.

Sirius77
No, it's the rampant ignorance of Flash and his abilities - weaklink? WTF?! - coupled with massive highballing in favor of team one.

I know! I mean, how is glads comparable to flash speedwise....

carver9
Glads and Flash isn't comparable at all BUT that still doesn't mean that Glads can't blitz him. Hell, for a guy that could bull rush at 100 times the speed of light, him tagging flash should be a "doubt" imo.

TricksterPriest
Dude.......100 times the speed of light is easy to Flash. no He's gone billions of times faster than light speed.

Juk3n
This is a utter STOMP.

Team 1 wins 8/10.

if 8/10 is an "utter STOMP" WHAT IS 10/10?

Also, how do Supes and Flash get their wins?

quanchi112
Dude.......100 times the speed of light is easy to Flash. no He's gone billions of times faster than light speed. When ?

Prep-Man
team 2.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
When ?

Never.

Flash doesn't have a single Quote that puts him over 100 times the speed of light. If anyone can show me where this is stated, that would help.

TricksterPriest
Pico-second. Attosecond. There you go.

Existere
Pico-second. Attosecond. There you go. Those aren't quotes, and the words themselves aren't necessarily indicative of faster than light speed. If you had a laser that could change direction every attosecond, it wouldn't be traveling faster than light.

Mindset
Now you just need distance.

You're halfway there, Trick!

carver9
Pico-second. Attosecond. There you go.

Those are statements buddy. Can you show me Flash running and him being clocked at running at attosecond speeds or moving his limbs at attosecond speeds?

Watch what I do.

Everyone on KMC, I can do a 100 backward flips at light speed.

Prep-Man
flash hits gladiator a thousand times before he can blink. you know its true, carver.

carver9
Originally posted by Prep-Man
flash hits gladiator a thousand times before he can blink. you know its true, carver.

laughing out loud

I agree with this.

-Pr-
Never.

Flash doesn't have a single Quote that puts him over 100 times the speed of light. If anyone can show me where this is stated, that would help.

You don't read Flash, so how can you state what he does or doesn't have?

He's far faster than Gladiator. To think otherwise is either ignorance or trolling. Pick one.

carver9
You don't read Flash, so how can you state what he does or doesn't have?

He's far faster than Gladiator. To think otherwise is either ignorance or trolling. Pick one.

I read Flash but not as much as I read Superman, Thor, and X titles. I would say that you along with Galan knows far more about Flash than I do but I'm pretty sure if Flash did something like what I said and asked for, someone would have posted it a long time ago, even in the respect thread.

I agree, his combat speed is far greater than Glads but I don't think he could counter a bull rush from Glads at 100 times the speed of light.

-Pr-
I read Flash but not as much as I read Superman, Thor, and X titles. I would say that you along with Galan knows far more about Flash than I do but I'm pretty sure if Flash did something like what I said and asked for, someone would have posted it a long time ago, even in the respect thread.

I agree, his combat speed is far greater than Glads but I don't think he could counter a bull rush from Glads at 100 times the speed of light.

and yet the proof is in the respect thread.

you'd have to prove that gladiator could accelerate to 100 times light speed (even though wally's faster) in less than half a kilometre.

wildernesss
how does team 1 lose when sentry (not void) learned he could reform from nothingness during the first dark avengers trade? he could keep coming back over and over and over. it would wear team 2 down.
also, isn't sentry's speed based on time dilation? that isn't as user friendly for flash's speed force manipulations.

D-Block
Its his natural durability the speed force aura around him gives him superhuman durability its not PIS erm. Why do you think hes able to punch beings steel hard and not break his hand daily? The speed force also gives him a healing factor I hate that people only see Flash as fast hes much more hes not some silly grey haired mutant laughing

Good points Iceman.

Uriel005
Honestly I don't understand what's so hard to understand about the speed force barrier being the absolute limit of speed combined with the fact that heroes/villains are doing their best to win. IF heroes do whatever they can to win then flash will go straight for the "ABSOLUTE LIMIT OF SPEED" that he is capable of which IS the actual physical limit of how fast something can move. No way does Glads ever catch him.

dmills
Originally posted by Uriel005
Honestly I don't understand what's so hard to understand about the speed force barrier being the absolute limit of speed combined with the fact that heroes/villains are doing their best to win. IF heroes do whatever they can to win then flash will go straight for the "ABSOLUTE LIMIT OF SPEED" that he is capable of which IS the actual physical limit of how fast something can move. No way does Glads ever catch him. Characters fighting to the best of their respective abilities doesn't detach them from fighting in character though. And furthermore what is the absolute limit of speed? When is he achieving it? Can he do it in an enclosed area? Can you quantify it or even point out when he's doing it? Or better yet has he EVER done it?

This is the same kind of non quantifiable hyperbole that we see from people who argue the Hulks' alleged unlimited anger based strength.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.