Who can kill the Phantom Stranger?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Which characters in the Marvel/DC universe possess the ability to kill the Phantom Stranger for good under their own power?

Galan007
It'd have to be a higher 'authority' than Spectre.

batdude123
http://www.dumb.com/god/images/god.jpg

TricksterPriest
Presence, Mikey, maybe Lucy. It's a short list. He may not even be killable. Hell, wasn't one of his origins possibly Cain before they revealed that was Vandal Savage?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Galan007
It'd have to be a higher 'authority' than Spectre.

Yeah, based off of DoV and Blackest Night, Spectre and Nekron are both unable to do it.

quanchi112
Thanos, Galactus, Tyrant, the Void, Eternity, Infinity, Mistress Death, Oblivion, Spectre, Mordru, Odin, Zeus, Gog (kingdom), Lord Mar- vell, King Thor, Desak, Destroyer, Superboy Prime, any Celestial, etc.

This is just off the top of my head.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Presence, Mikey, maybe Lucy. It's a short list. He may not even be killable. Hell, wasn't one of his origins possibly Cain before they revealed that was Vandal Savage?

IIRC, his possible origins include:
-Wandering Jew story
-A fallen angel who was neutral during the war in heaven.
-Survivor of previous universe similar to Galan/Galactus
-Someone who committed suicide after questioning God's actions after he was spared God's wrath initially.

batdude123
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos, Galactus, Tyrant, the Void, Eternity, Infinity, Mistress Death, Oblivion, Spectre, Mordru, Odin, Zeus, Gog (kingdom), Lord Mar- vell, King Thor, Desak, Destroyer, Superboy Prime, any Celestial, etc.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8288/gifbinobamahesitate.gif

quanchi112
Originally posted by batdude123
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8288/gifbinobamahesitate.gif Monarch, Korvac, Genis vell, Mxy, Emperor Joker, Imperiex Prime, Dormammu, Dr. Strange.

batdude123
http://i32.tinypic.com/w0rhgi.gif

TricksterPriest
That's nice Quan. none of those people can do it btw. dopedfu

quanchi112
That's nice Quan. none of those people can do it btw. dopedfu I beg to differ.

Sirius77
Presence, Prime Moniter, TOAA. That's it. Maybe wf myx.

AlmightyKfish
Spectre and Nekron were unable to do it, but I'd partally attribute that to the fact that he has some level of protection/damnation by the Presence (3/4 of his origins involve this, and the fallen angel story is kinda confirmed by Constantine in Trenchcoat brigade), so at least within the confines of the DCU (mainstream or Vertigo), I'd say noone but Michael/Lucifer could pull it off.

If this unkillableness carries over into an neutral setting, then I'd say only Michael, Lucifer and The Tribunal (all vassals for the power of truly omnipotent beings) could kill him. If it doesn't, then really all you'd have to do is be more powerful than The Stranger, but that in itself is incredibly difficult, as although he has few feats, it's made very clear The Stranger is incredibly powerful, but he uses this to help heroes claim their own victories, rather than just turning up and taking out the bad guy.

Either way, I'd guess the unkillableness would stay on, so yeah, Michael/Lucifer/LT.

Don Corleone

Think I'll add it to my collection. thumb up

Badabing
I beg to differ. Begging is about the only way you save yourself in this thread.

The real answers are Batman and WB Hulk! sneer

stick out tongue

Originally posted by Sirius77
Presence, Prime Moniter, TOAA. That's it. Maybe wf myx. And maybe a fully backed Spectre.

Omega Vision
When the Spectre tried to kill him in DOV the Phantom Stranger claimed that he doubted that the Universe (read: the Presence) would "allow" his death.

So take that as you will.

Sirius77
Originally posted by Badabing
And maybe a fully backed Spectre.

Good point, that would make sense.

quanchi112
Begging is about the only way you save yourself in this thread.

stick out tongue

And maybe a fully backed Spectre. How could I forget wb hulk ? Shame on me.

Sr J-Bieb
http://www.dumb.com/god/images/god.jpg I like where you're going with this... Zeus it is.

Badabing
Originally posted by Omega Vision
When the Spectre tried to kill him in DOV the Phantom Stranger claimed that he doubted that the Universe (read: the Presence) would "allow" his death.

So take that as you will. I was running short on names. Makes sense though.Originally posted by quanchi112
How could I forget wb hulk ? Shame on me. Yes, shame on you! sneer

You're grounded from Thanos threads. ohno

stick out tongue

BullwinkleMoose
Michael/Lucifer/LT/Squirrel Girl

Mindset
Doom and Kyle are the only definites.

-Pr-
I was running short on names. Makes sense though. Yes, shame on you! sneer

You're grounded from Thanos threads. ohno

stick out tongue

Maybe we should ban thanos...

Allankles
http://www.dumb.com/god/images/god.jpg
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
I like where you're going with this... Zeus it is.

Zeus! That's the all father... Father Time.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom

he will find a way

Uriel005
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he will find a way Hulk won't do it but banner might. Failing that Amadeus Cho will school him like he schooled Chaos King.

Badabing
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom and Kyle are the only definites. Guy Gardner opened a sports bar on OA. I think you can add his name to the list of definites.

Batman is...well...Batman. He wins.Originally posted by -Pr-
Maybe we should ban thanos... laughing out loud

I don't know if I could live with Quan's suicide. stick out tongue

"Id"
Guy Gardner opened a sports bar on OA. I think you can add his name to the list of definites.

Batman is...well...Batman. He wins. laughing out loud

I don't know if I could live with Quan's suicide. stick out tongue http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar89307_47.gif

Badabing
thumb up

SquallX

Nekron couldn't do it, what makes you think these guys could.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by SquallX
Nekron couldn't do it, what makes you think these guys could.
The funniest part of Quan's post is that he lists Spectre when Spectre tried and failed on panel to kill him.

And most of those people are below Spectre.

SquallX
Begging is about the only way you save yourself in this thread.

stick out tongue

And maybe a fully backed Spectre.

Batman sucks, he needs to die, horribly too. cool

Yeah, i said it.evil face smokin'

Badabing
Originally posted by SquallX
Batman sucks, he needs to die, horribly too. cool

Yeah, i said it.evil face smokin' You again! sneer

You will rue this day...RUE IT!!!!!!111 durda

TricksterPriest
Can we say the lance of longinus, aka spear of destiny? Or can we assume his unkillability is equal to Cain's?

Omega Vision
Can we say the lance of longinus, aka spear of destiny? Or can we assume his unkillability is equal to Cain's?
I doubt the Spear would have any power over him.

SquallX
You again! sneer

You will rue this day...RUE IT!!!!!!111 durda

I evil face smokin' laughing out loud

Prep-Man

hysterical

Uriel005
Originally posted by Prep-Man
hysterical

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
Maybe we should ban thanos... Then you'll be held liable for the murders I commit.Originally posted by SquallX
Nekron couldn't do it, what makes you think these guys could. Refresh my memory when couldn't he do it ?

Deadline
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8288/gifbinobamahesitate.gif

shit that was funy batdude. Thats exactly what I was thinking. lmao

This one was better though.

-Pr-
Then you'll be held liable for the murders I commit. Refresh my memory when couldn't he do it ?

not in a court of law.

infinite crisis.

quanchi112
not in a court of law.

infinite crisis. Nekron was in infinite crisis ?

-Pr-
Nekron was in infinite crisis ?

was talking about spectre.

the BN PS one-shot was i think where nekron was mentioned.

quanchi112
was talking about spectre.

the BN PS one-shot was i think where nekron was mentioned. I did have it a while back and I don't ever recall Nekron trying and failing to kill Ps. I also think it's a pain in the ass for the Spectre but feel he has the power to do so. Nabu had to goad him into accessing the proper power to kill him and I think it's more or less the same thing imo.

-Pr-
I did have it a while back and I don't ever recall Nekron trying and failing to kill Ps. I also think it's a pain in the ass for the Spectre but feel he has the power to do so. Nabu had to goad him into accessing the proper power to kill him and I think it's more or less the same thing imo.

That's a bit of a reach, tbh.

Plus, Spectre and Nabu are completely different kinds of entities.

JakeTheBank
The Black Lanterns looked at Phantom Stranger and deduced he's something not alive or dead but something altogether "stranger" than that. He was also unable to be turned by the Black Lanterns in general. Kicking Stranger's ass or even depowering him isn't nearly as difficult - and nigh impossible - as outright killing him, imo.

Omega Vision
Nabu made killing him hard by being really, really powerful.

Phantom Stranger couldn't be killed because of his role in Creation.

quanchi112
That's a bit of a reach, tbh.

Plus, Spectre and Nabu are completely different kinds of entities. They are but I don't see the Spectre as not being powerful enough to do so. I do see Ps being harder to take over than say the Spectre in terms of bn but that's another matter altogether.

JakeTheBank
Spectre could kill Stranger if Presence explicitly wanted him dead, but that goes for anybody, really.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Spectre could kill Stranger if Presence explicitly wanted him dead, but that goes for anybody, really.
The only way I see PS actually dying is if the Presence changes His mind and allows it to happen.

It is very hypocritical that Quan shills Thanos's unkillability thanks to being kicked out of Death's Realm but ignores Phantom Stranger's own condition bestowed on him by a much higher power than Mistress Death.

-Pr-
They are but I don't see the Spectre as not being powerful enough to do so. I do see Ps being harder to take over than say the Spectre in terms of bn but that's another matter altogether.

under his own power, spectre couldn't. that was stated on panel.

with presence's backing, that's different.

quanchi112
under his own power, spectre couldn't. that was stated on panel.

with presence's backing, that's different. Ok what page of which comic ?

kgkg
Loeb force Rulk. whistle

Agreeing with OV here. The presence itself must be persuaded to let him die or be overpowered (at least regarding his death) for it to happen. this raises an interestign question: can TOAA do it? since the TOAA and the presence should stalemate, in a neutral unvierse would either be able to alter anything the other willed?

lucifer/michael/LT are bugs to them, sot they're out

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
Agreeing with OV here. The presence itself must be persuaded to let him die or be overpowered (at least regarding his death) for it to happen. this raises an interestign question: can TOAA do it? since the TOAA and the presence should stalemate, in a neutral unvierse would either be able to alter anything the other willed?

lucifer/michael/LT are bugs to them, sot they're out
I see it going like this: while TOAA and Presence stalemate PS sneaks into TOAA's house and runs a magnet over all his DVDs stick out tongue

-Pr-
Ok what page of which comic ?

during Day Of Vengeance mini. I can't recall the issue #. When I get a chance, I'll have a look.

quanchi112
during Day Of Vengeance mini. I can't recall the issue #. When I get a chance, I'll have a look. Oh ok. I remember the comment but thought it was different I will look for it myself to check.

quanchi112
Found it. The dialogue goes like so.

Ps--I don't think even you could kill me Spectre. I doubt the universe would allow it.

Spectre's response--Perhaps, that's true now, while magic is still strong in the world.
I'll return to finish the job once I've more fully drained away the filth that powers you and your kind.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I see it going like this: while TOAA and Presence stalemate PS sneaks into TOAA's house and runs a magnet over all his DVDs stick out tongue but magnets cant damage DVDs ergo TOAA wins

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
but magnets cant damage DVDs ergo TOAA wins
Not even supermagnets? stick out tongue

well, if they are super, I suppose...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
well, if they are super, I suppose...
I guess I was thinking of VHS...my goof. embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.