Henry Bendix & TAO Vs Dr. Doom & Bruce Banner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/28018/994687-henry_bendix__03__001__01__large.png
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/308/804510-wildcats14_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/5586/1745094-doom1_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/39876/1754025-screen_shot_2011_04_03_at_12.24.21_am_large.png

winning_the_net
Well the first two have a habit of dying.

McNasty996
bump

janus77
Originally posted by winning_the_net
Well the first two have a habit of dying.
good enough reason to go with Team 2.
that and the fact that one of them is also The Hulk.

Prep-Man
TAO is the ultimate manipulator here. Henry also has the best resources.

Sin I AM
thats bruce?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Sin I AM
thats bruce? it's from age of X, an alternate universe

Bouboumaster
Team 2 all they long.

Not only Doom's above anyone else in intelligence in that match, he's a formidable sorcerer, and even without his magic powers, can hang without any difficulty with any heralds (for some time at the very least)

Banner is a cunning mofo ranked 4 most intelligent dude on Earth (behind the likes of Richards, von Doom and Stark) and has shown recently how much crafty he can get.

And since it's not specidied that prep is involved, he transform into Hulk and solo

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Team 2 all they long.

Not only Doom's above anyone else in intelligence in that match, he's a formidable sorcerer, and even without his magic powers, can hang without any difficulty with any heralds (for some time at the very least)

Banner is a cunning mofo ranked 4 most intelligent dude on Earth (behind the likes of Richards, von Doom and Stark) and has shown recently how much crafty he can get.

And since it's not specidied that prep is involved, he transform into Hulk and solo

How is this team 2 easily?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Prep-Man
How is this team 2 easily?

Hulk would scrap them.

How it's not an easy fight?

Prep-Man
i said bruce not hulk. if you wanted a power battle, Tao was a high end reality manipulator. not a good idea.

janus77
Bruce bfrs them all into his satchel. the end.

Prep-Man
lol. come on.

guy222
t 2

Prep-Man
i know bruce is getting a push lately, but what feats put him on henreys level? i think the tao/henry duo are much more dangerous.

Bentley
Hard to say, I would choose a side if I knew enough about TAO. Both Doom and Henry are big boys, I don't know which one of them I would choose more often than not... So it comes to the other two.

beast1234
Just because TAO does not have that much scientific invention does not mean he a genius. TAO is superhumaly intelligent but is intelligence is more greaded towards psychology and sociology most of his feat are raw thinking skills. But TAO is no sloch when come to inventions he desgin a device that prevent agency such has I.O from tracking him and he bulit a vulture reality prison. TAO learn all of human history before he was fully grown and his growth was accelerated which shows that he has insane learning ability.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by beast1234
Just because TAO does not have that much scientific invention does not mean he a genius. TAO is superhumaly intelligent but is intelligence is more greaded towards psychology and sociology most of his feat are raw thinking skills. But TAO is no sloch when come to inventions he desgin a device that prevent agency such has I.O from tracking him and he bulit a vulture reality prison. TAO learn all of human history before he was fully grown and his growth was accelerated which shows that he has insane learning ability.

Big woop, Doom have a time machine.

Bentley
If TAO isn't adding technological competence here, I see team 2 winning a healthy majority.

tao is more dangerous than a tech genius of similar intellect. doom and banner still win, the gap in resources is too big, specially magic

Eon Blue
Team 2

Prep-Man
Originally posted by 753
tao is more dangerous than a tech genius of similar intellect. doom and banner still win, the gap in resources is too big, specially magic

All TAO has to do is talk Banner into killing himself.

Bentley
Originally posted by 753

While magic is not exactly the same in the Wildstorm universe, Bendix dealt with the Doctor just fine.

cdtm
The last time we saw Tao, he was slugging it out with Max Faraday and Spartan with Faraday level powers, and that was BEFORE Tao got the god equation Max's powers come from..

I know Doom has feats of power jacking Beyonder, but still...

Bentley
Team 1 stomps? evil face

beast1234
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Big woop, Doom have a time machine.

So is not like TAO could build one in theroy. He was able to speak when he was a week old. The people that made were afaird to talk to him and these where pantheon of scienist. TAO is smart in the sense that he has superior cognitive skills. Just because someone has not built any fancy gadgets does not mean they not a genius. They are different type of genius. TAO is a genius in the field of psychology and sociology. He has vast understanding of how the human mind.

Psycholgoy. Has a human being everything that we do is due to are emtional needs. Are desire, goals, dreams etc. etc. Everything that you see in the world is desgin to trigger the emtions that we have within us for example everyone has the ability to laugh so you have comedies that is desgin to make people to make laugh, everyone has the ability to feel sexual lust so they are various media that are design to trigger that emtions and so on these emtions that i cite are univerisal emtions but has indivdual we have own unqie need. TAO can get inside your head and understand your emtional needs and how you think. He once made Griter shoot John Lynch becuase Griter had some resentment and hatred toward John Lycnh due to the fact that John has taken advantage of him in the past and he never manged to resolve these issue. His manpulation is not just limiting to emtions he can also control the way you think by contrasting logical argument.

Sociology. Tao has vast understanding about culture. Why nations have different custom and origin of whole it was constructed. He can systemically figure out the social construct of society and manipulating culutre to his own end. He can analyze the where how society behave and predict the outcome of what will happen. For example the next generation of children might not have social skills due to keep using the internet or playing video games(what i am saying is not real just an example of how he applies his intellect in sociology. In the worldend storyline he so that armageddon coming was coming due to observing society and he use his intellect to speed the process.

All TAO has to do is talk Banner into killing himself. I doubt that, but he could probably manipulate him in may fashions. still, earplugs are enough to neutralize him and given the starting conditions, this would go into a range blast war. tao wont play any major role

Prep-Man
Originally posted by 753
I doubt that, but he could probably manipulate him in may fashions. still, earplugs are enough to neutralize him and given the starting conditions, this would go into a range blast war. tao wont play any major role

Why? Wasn't that one of his main abilities? To see all the flaws instantly in a person, bring it out and tear him down psychologically.

Why? Wasn't that one of his main abilities? To see all the flaws instantly in a person, bring it out and tear him down psychologically. that does not entail him being able to talk everyone into suicide. banner is pretty well aware of his flaws and has coped with traume his whole life. he is tougher than the average joe tao can induce to suicide. besides, hulk wont let puny banner die

Prep-Man
Hulk isn't in this. Bruce Banner is. Just the man. And that didn't stop TAO from doing the same to others. He's the ultimate manipulator. Certainly the better one of the 4.

Mindset
But Hulk is in his head.

He'd tell Bruce to stop being a pussay.

Prep-Man
Whether Hulk says it or not, Banner is still a pussy. stick out tongue

beast1234
Originally posted by 753
that does not entail him being able to talk everyone into suicide. banner is pretty well aware of his flaws and has coped with traume his whole life. he is tougher than the average joe tao can induce to suicide. besides, hulk wont let puny banner die

He does not have to make Banner commit suicide. In point blank he managed to get inside Griter head which is a good feat because Grifter Coda training made have strong mental defence in additon to supressing his gen factor powers. He could simply force Banner to remember forcing banner to remember his childhood and increase the intensity of the truma sending him into a despressive state. Doctor Doom will be more easier for TAO to manipulate because he has a big and fragile ego. People that have big ego are more easy manipulate.

He does not have to make Banner commit suicide. In point blank he managed to get inside Griter head which is a good feat because Grifter Coda training made have strong mental defence in additon to supressing his gen factor powers. He could simply force Banner to remember forcing banner to remember his childhood and increase the intensity of the truma sending him into a despressive state. Doctor Doom will be more easier for TAO to manipulate because he has a big and fragile ego. People that have big ego are more easy manipulate. not saying he cant manipulate them in a number of ways, but they're pretty tough and driving banner to any emotional angst might release the hulk

Prep-Man
Then Bendix would BFR him. But there is NO hulk.

cdtm
Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet, and he still took steps to neutralize Starfox's powers. Tao works kind of similarly to Starfox..

That talent got him to make some VERY powerful characters just hand their power over to him.

....and, is there any reason we're presuming he no longer has those powers? Yeah, Void got her power back, and claimed he was close to "normal", but Tao also learned the creation equation. As Max himself proved, whenever you believe someone with creation powers is either depowered or dead, you're usually wrong.

There is always some Hulk, Prep-man. Always.

Prep-Man
But for this thread he doesn't get to use him. What is so hard about that? It's mainly a prep war. Who comes up with better strategy/tech to beat their foe. Banner got a big push and has always been pretty intelligent, but whatev.

beast1234
But for this thread he doesn't get to use him. What is so hard about that? It's mainly a prep war. Who comes up with better strategy/tech to beat their foe. Banner got a big push and has always been pretty intelligent, but whatev.

And that what TAO was bred. He was created to be the strategic and tactical genius for hence the name tactical augmented organism.

Mindset
He does not have to make Banner commit suicide. In point blank he managed to get inside Griter head which is a good feat because Grifter Coda training made have strong mental defence in additon to supressing his gen factor powers. He could simply force Banner to remember forcing banner to remember his childhood and increase the intensity of the truma sending him into a despressive state. Doctor Doom will be more easier for TAO to manipulate because he has a big and fragile ego. People that have big ego are more easy manipulate. Doom will crush Tao.

His willpower is too much for Tao to handle, Tao would kill himself.

beast1234
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom will crush Tao.

His willpower is too much for Tao to handle, Tao would kill himself.

I just don't see it. Doom has a big ego. Doom biggest weakness has always been his ego. Don't forget that despite the fact that Doom has a powerful intellect he is ruled by passion and ego but more so his ego. He lost against Reed Richards when he got a big power boost in magic due to his ego.

Mindset
I just don't see it. Doom has a big ego. Doom biggest weakness has always been his ego. Don't forget that despite the fact that Doom has a powerful intellect he is ruled by passion and ego but more so his ego. He lost against Reed Richards when he got a big power boost in magic due to his ego. He lost because he has to lose to Reed.

beast1234
Originally posted by Mindset
He lost because he has to lose to Reed.

He lost because of his ego.

Mindset
He lost because it was Reed.

Prep-Man
And he will lose to TAO. smile

Mindset
In a dick sucking contest.

Otherwise, Doom casually kills him smile

Digi
The OP didn't stipulate versions. Nor is there any prep. So anything in this whole thread is speculation.

TAO at his best was a high level reality warper. He'd solo. At his worst, he was a smart guy with some mid-level empathic powers.

The lack of prep makes Bendix worthless. This thread is entirely about TAO. If it's NOT reality-warper TAO, the lack of prep makes it a stomp. With prep for both, it's different but still hard to call.

TAO and Bendix are stupid to put in vs. battles though. They have almost never fought anyone in a classic sense. If this were real, TAO would try to win by not being seen or heard about for years while he slowly takes over the world's governments and corporations, usually through legal means to avoid attention. And when he struck, he wouldn't be anywhere near the combat.

Prep-Man
I should have posted it, but I've made it somewhat clear. All teams are working toghter as a prep type war. I wouldn't have put team 1 in a straight up battle. That would be kind of dumb. Doom would most certainly solo then.

Digi
Doom would solo unless it's Creation Engine TAO. Then TAO stomps.

But in a "normal" prep scenario, Bendix and TAO just don't have Doom's resources and history of prep, impressive as they are. A Carrier would make things interesting though, which most incarnations of Bendix had. TAO was always more of a "I'm going to wreck teams and control governments with nothing but a sharp suit and a smile" guy though. Not a good choice for vs. battles.

Prep-Man
Agree to disagree, but Bendix was pretty formidable in tech and prep department.

Bentley
Bendix had some mean stuff, able to create herald level superheroes, using the Carrier, capturing Habib, etc. He's also a very mean manipulator and strategist.

beast1234
Originally posted by Bentley
Bendix had some mean stuff, able to create herald level superheroes, using the Carrier, capturing Habib, etc. He's also a very mean manipulator and strategist.

He also has immerse knowledge due to his travel to the bleed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.