Thor (No Hammer) runs Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Thor fully heals between each fight. In each case, he can use all of his powers that aren't tied to his hammer (i.e. lightning, weather control, etc.) Each fight is to the death, so neither side is holding back.

1. Captain America

2. Colossus

3. Wolverine

4. The Thing

5. Hulk (Base strength)

6. Hercules (Classic, Marvel)

7. WWH

8. Wonder Woman

9. Martian Manhunter

10. Superman

PillarofOsiris
If he fights intelligently, he can get to 8 or 9, but he can't get past MMH IMO.

Deadline
Stops at 7.

Harbinger

JakeTheBank
He gets to 7, imo.

6 or 7

inimalist
5 or 7, imho herc should be before hulk

I assumed 5 meant he was frozen at his baseline strengh (I know it doesnt actually exist as it all depends on his state of mind durign the transformation, but convention says class 70). if it's just classic savage hulk, thor stops there

inimalist
oh, I read that as his starting strength... Thor gets to 7 if he is stuck at base

Damborgson
i dont think he can take WWH without his hammer so stops at 7.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Thor fully heals between each fight. In each case, he can use all of his powers that aren't tied to his hammer (i.e. lightning, weather control, etc.) Each fight is to the death, so neither side is holding back.

1. Captain America

2. Colossus

3. Wolverine

4. The Thing

5. Hulk (Base strength)

7. WWH

8. Wonder Woman

9. Martian Manhunter

10. Superman you're the new masterbruce

PillarofOsiris
For the people who think he stops at 7, please tell me what strength feats the Hulk has that are beyond Thor. Don't even try to compare durability feats, because they aren't even close.

dmills
I guess 7 at face value.

Damborgson
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
For the people who think he stops at 7, please tell me what strength feats the Hulk has that are beyond Thor. Don't even try to compare durability feats, because they aren't even close. Well just looking at how Thor's punches have affected savage hulk makes me think that he probably could not beat WWH with fists alone or even with his storm control. Maybe if he just hit hulk over and over with lightning or got in close and held hulk enough to pull of that blast he did against Durok or something. Regarding feats yeah Thor has a lot better feats than any version of hulk. Even is strength. I guess if Thor was going all out and bloodlusted like in the description he would pull it off more than not.

carver9
Hulk should be last on the list. In this situation he is getting crushed by Hulk.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk should be last on the list. In this situation he is getting crushed by Hulk.

Last on the list before Superman? I agree.

carver9
@Pillar...

You need to read some Hulk and like I told you before... stop staying on the respect thread.

As for strength feats. Hulk has held a splitting planet together that was twice the size of Earth with nothing but brute strength. Hulk has crushed an asteroid that was twice the size of Earth. Hulk has held an anti matter and matter bomb away from each other.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Last on the list before Superman? I agree.

Why do we always have to disagree? Are we meant to be rivals?

Am I Superman and you are Lex?

I don't get it.

Fifthchild
Originally posted by Damborgson
Well just looking at how Thor's punches have affected savage hulk makes me think that he probably could not beat WWH with fists alone or even with his storm control. Maybe if he just hit hulk over and over with lightning or got in close and held hulk enough to pull of that blast he did against Durok or something. Regarding feats yeah Thor has a lot better feats than any version of hulk. Even is strength. I guess if Thor was going all out and bloodlusted like in the description he would pull it off more than not.

How does Thor have better strength feats than Hulk? Thors strength feats are pretty lacking when compared to Hulk or Superman. Especially if you remove the Midgard Serpent, which is a pretty dubious what with it being an invisible, semi intangible snake that was lifted in a rowboat in space with a fishing line.

-Pr-
Why do we always have to disagree? Are we meant to be rivals?

Am I Superman and you are Lex?

I don't get it.

If you woke up one morning and realised you were Superman, I hate to think of how depressed you'd be.

JakeTheBank
Lmao.

He'd probably cut his hair into a purple mohawk. *nods*

carver9
If you woke up one morning and realised you were Superman, I hate to think of how depressed you'd be.

laughing

Lololol... hilarious.

If you only knew the truth Pr. Superman is one of my favorite characters. We just have different opinions on the character/characters.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Lmao.

He'd probably cut his hair into a purple mohawk. *nods*

Lol... laughing

Jake... can you not aid him in messing with me.

JakeTheBank
lol

No, but for real, Superman should be at the end. WWH is pretty one dimensional, even if said dimension is really good.

-Pr-
laughing

Lololol... hilarious.

If you only knew the truth Pr. Superman is one of my favorite characters. We just have different opinions on the character/characters.

Yes. You like him to be as depressed as you'd be if you had to be him.

Martian_mind
The most entertaining thing about this conversation is that you are ALL wrong and that clearly J'onn should be the last on the list.

carver9
Yes. You like him to be as depressed as you'd be if you had to be him.

Lol... damn.

I'm lost 4 words.

carver9
lol

No, but for real, Superman should be at the end. WWH is pretty one dimensional, even if said dimension is really good.

Why is that?

In this state... Thor being limited mainly just to his fist... he stands ZERO chance at defeating this version of Hulk. Its going to be a major a** whippin.

JakeTheBank
Why is that?

In this state... Thor being limited mainly just to his fist... he stands ZERO chance at defeating this version of Hulk. Its going to be a major a** whippin.

Because Superman is far more dangerous to Thor without Mjolnir than WWH would be, imo.

carver9
Because Superman is far more dangerous to Thor without Mjolnir than WWH would be, imo.

I'm looking at it more in a CIS state of mind. Without CIS, I could agree but with it on, naah.

I see your point though but I just disagree... especially with the fact that if we actually just look at everything involving Thor and Hulk, physically, Savage Hulk was pretty much Thors equal. WWH is in an entirely different league physically than any Hulk that stalemated Thor "with his hammer".

I know you are going to either say that statement isn't true (WWH>Savage Hulk). Well, I can prove it. Savage Hulk faced Rulk 3 times and got crushed. At one point he got his arm broken and then choked to sleep. At another point he got punched out and then at another time he faced Rulk, he got killed. WWH faced this same Rulk and Rulk punches (while absorbing WWH gamma energy) did jack to him and the sad thing about it is, Rulk got thunder clapped to sleep.

That alone proves the power difference and how far up the chain WWH is compared to Savage Hulk who has some of the best strength feats in comics. So with that said, Thor is getting DESTROYED by this version of Hulk imo and that is why he should be last on the list.

Warlord

inimalist
Originally posted by Martian_mind
The most entertaining thing about this conversation is that you are ALL wrong and that clearly J'onn should be the last on the list.

thumb up

TricksterPriest
........He doesn't have the hammer, but he's got more than just his fists. He is the god of thunder after all.

leonidas

definitely.

and a case could be made for j'onnz being at the end, no doubt. in any event, stops at wwh, imo.

Newjak
In all honestly I see him getting to WW and maybe Martian Man Hunter.

HE still has some good powers without his Hammer and normally when he doesn't have his Hammer Thor does tend to fight like someone skilled in H2H combat a lot more.

I think he still beats WWH simply by being able to still be more versatile while still being strong enough to contend, and he ahs taken Hulk down with lightning before.

Wonder Woman with her standard equipment should be able to do well against Thor. I could still see Thor pulling some decent wins.

MMH should be able to take Thor down every encounter because you have essentially slashed Thor's abilities in half and taken away some of his more needed powers to contend with MMH like flight and the ability to hit a phased opponent. I don't know if he could do it without his hammer.

Superman wins every time if he plays it smart. Thor is essentially grounded and Superman now is to versatile for Thor to contend with plus Superman is Physically Superior to Thor imo.

Not by much but enough that Thor doesn't really have any advantages in this fight anymore. Not enough to speak of.

PillarofOsiris

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Fifthchild
I know you are going to either say that statement isn't true (WWH>Savage Hulk). Well, I can prove it. Savage Hulk faced Rulk 3 times and got crushed. At one point he got his arm broken and then choked to sleep. At another point he got punched out and then at another time he faced Rulk, he got killed. WWH faced this same Rulk and Rulk punches (while absorbing WWH gamma energy) did jack to him and the sad thing about it is, Rulk got thunder clapped to sleep.

That's a good point. People ususally seem to use the fact that Herc didn't explode after one punch to argue that WWH = Savage Hulk but things like how he treated Rulk (who was supercharged up after draining the cosmic Hulk robot) and what he did to Colossus argue a different story. Some lightning isn't gonna make any difference here IMO and I can't see Thor winning at all sans hammer.

iceman24567
Stops anywhere from 7 up he could still get a majority from anybody except Martian Manhunter and Superman since he can still use godblast and lightning

Blind Sider
Originally posted by keiththegreat

1. Captain America

2. Colossus

3. Wolverine

4. The Thing

5. Hulk (Base strength)

7. WWH

8. Wonder Woman

9. Martian Manhunter

10. Superman

6 could be a stalemate if he goes blow for blow with Herculese. From then on, he's likely going to lose. WWh is just physically superior to everyone on the list except maybe Superman. And Wonder Woman would just be too mobile, fast, and she still has her magical items. Martian Manhunter could phase and use telepathy without ever using a physical attack. And Superman would be like Wonder Woman only better. Faster, stronger, and some really good ranged powers.

ankur29
Originally posted by Blind Sider
6 could be a stalemate if he goes blow for blow with Herculese. From then on, he's likely going to lose. WWh is just physically superior to everyone on the list except maybe Superman. And Wonder Woman would just be too mobile, fast, and she still has her magical items. Martian Manhunter could phase and use telepathy without ever using a physical attack. And Superman would be like Wonder Woman only better. Faster, stronger, and some really good ranged powers.

thumb up

thor vs herc in a brawl is always gonna be a stalemate if not herc with the majority

herc is just that damn awesome Happy Dance

carver9
Originally posted by Fifthchild
That's a good point. People ususally seem to use the fact that Herc didn't explode after one punch to argue that WWH = Savage Hulk but things like how he treated Rulk (who was supercharged up after draining the cosmic Hulk robot) and what he did to Colossus argue a different story. Some lightning isn't gonna make any difference here IMO and I can't see Thor winning at all sans hammer.

WWH was holding back against Herc. Herc himself even admitted it.

iceman24567
Herc was also holding back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.