The Gears vs the Brotherhood of Steel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
The Gears. The military force of the Coalition of Ordered Governments. Battle-hardened soldiers forged in the Pendulum and Locust Wars.

The Brotherhood of Steel. the techno-religious organization founded in the ashes of the Great War of 2077.

Who...is..deadliest?

This is a squad-on-squad battle.

Testing the Gears' weapons are Marcus Fenix and Anya Stroud.

The Gears weapons are the following:

1. Lancer Assault Rifle
2. Gnasher Shotgun
3. Bolo Grenade
4. Torque Bow
5. Snub Pistol

Testing the BoS's weapons are Sarah Lyons and Veronica Santangelo.

The BoS's weapons are the following:

1. Tri-Beam Laser Rifle
2. Combat Shotgun
3. Nuka Grenade
4. Gauss Rifle
5. 10mm Pistol

The battle will take place inside the Terminal from MW2. Turns out that the BoS wants the Gears' Hammer of Dawn technology. only problem is that the Gears are not going to give up the tech without a fight. And all hell breaks loose.

Thunder Fox
depends on the chapter of the BoS your talking about is suppose sounds like the east coats fraction then id have to say the Gears mostly cause there on there last legs there

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Thunder Fox
depends on the chapter of the BoS your talking about is suppose sounds like the east coats fraction then id have to say the Gears mostly cause there on there last legs there

West Coast BoS (the tech-grubbing mofos) are used.

Thunder Fox
wrong weapons for that area.. but west coast they would stand a far better chance i gotta favor the BoS there weapons seem more potent Nuka- Grenade has a huge blast radius that would fry most people

NemeBro
Quite frankly, the Brotherhood of Steel is an organization of incompetent morons.

But then I have never actually played Gears of Steel so I don't know who wins.

Just pointing out that the Brotherhood sucks.

Thunder Fox
meh they dont so much suck as there ideals are killing them off they are powerful oppenents but cause there social structure is so ass backwards its killing them off thats why i like Lyons and the rouge branch of BoS in chicago

NemeBro
The NCR steamrolled the Brotherhood. The Brotherhood is one of the smallest players in New Vegas.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by NemeBro
The NCR steamrolled the Brotherhood. The Brotherhood is one of the smallest players in New Vegas.

West Coast Brotherhood, yeah, solely because the West Coast BoS are elitist and allow no outsiders to join up. Capital Wasteland BoS can probably stomp nuts on the NCR, mainly because they allow outsiders to join up and they have the pilfered Enclave tech.

NemeBro
No.

The NCR would crush the East Coast Brotherhood just as easily.

They have inferior equipment and training (Overall, some elites are similar to Brotherhood training like Rangers, and actually that in of itself is arguable), but the NCR has more resources than every branch of the Brotherhood combined could ever DREAM about, and has more men than the entire Capital Wasteland to throw at them.

Liberty Prime is the only real issue the NCR would face, and even that is not enough.

Thunder Fox
The NCR steamrolled the Brotherhood. The Brotherhood is one of the smallest players in New Vegas. NCR were misjudged they thought they would go nowhere and were thus drastically underrated and it was Father Elijah that caused them to loos somany numbers. Originally posted by NemeBro
No.

The NCR would crush the East Coast Brotherhood just as easily.

They have inferior equipment and training (Overall, some elites are similar to Brotherhood training like Rangers, and actually that in of itself is arguable), but the NCR has more resources than every branch of the Brotherhood combined could ever DREAM about, and has more men than the entire Capital Wasteland to throw at them.

Liberty Prime is the only real issue the NCR would face, and even that is not enough. they may have resources but they are so green horn its sad, Vetran Rangers would not be able to help as there fraction stays in the Mojave Wasteland and normal rangers would be torn apart by the mutants. and Liberty Prime had to be taken down by a Orbital Strike dude you relize how ownage that is.... you can scratch it wit hthe Experimental MIRV, absolutley nothing NCR has would beable to stop it. and the mojave chapterare more powerful you think every palidin killed about 10-15 soldiers are taken if i remember correctly

Snafu the Great
Add the fact that some of the NCR senior officers are either spies (Picus), incompetent (General Oliver), screwups (The Misfits) or bad with good intentions (Hanlon), the NCR forces can barely keep Caesar's Legion at bay, let alone The Fiends and the other critters of the Mojave. God knows what would happen if they tried to invade the Boomers.

FinalAnswer
Caesar's Legion would bulldoze through the Capital Wasteland

ftr

Thunder Fox
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Caesar's Legion would bulldoze through the Capital Wasteland

ftr they would eventually clear up the capital wasteland........... after decades of trying to battle radiation with no chems, locating and securing little lamplight to end the mutants not to mention the remaining Enclave Forces, then there is the OutCasts that would hold no punches and would rape most of them with heavy weapons then theyd have the east coats brotherhood who are more open minded then west coast so would have more forces then they could keep up with.... by the time they get a foot hold in the wasteland Caesar would be dead or on his last legs and without him the Legion would fall into Disarray.... not to mention they almost always use melee only... so yea.... they would bulldoze through the capital wasteland....... no expression

Snafu the Great
Before the Legion could reach the East Coast, they have to make the trek to the Capital Wasteland from Arizona, which for all cases, can and will be a dangerous trek.

Thunder Fox
true... and mid west is a nasty area...

NemeBro
NCR were misjudged they thought they would go nowhere and were thus drastically underrated and it was Father Elijah that caused them to loos somany numbers.

they may have resources but they are so green horn its sad, Vetran Rangers would not be able to help as there fraction stays in the Mojave Wasteland and normal rangers would be torn apart by the mutants. and Liberty Prime had to be taken down by a Orbital Strike dude you relize how ownage that is.... you can scratch it wit hthe Experimental MIRV, absolutley nothing NCR has would beable to stop it. and the mojave chapterare more powerful you think every palidin killed about 10-15 soldiers are taken if i remember correctly Because the Brotherhood were so laughably outmatched that they should have just run.

No, you don't really understand. "Normal rangers torn apart by the mutants?" Do not assume that just because the punk ass Brotherhood has a hard time with the Mutants that the NCR would. Even the Lyon's Pride always has to travel in their, rather large, squadron to take out mutants, and the Brotherhood admits it is fighting a losing battle. Compare this to Reilly's Rangers, who fought hundreds of mutants in a single building, and were doing better than any Brotherhood member has ever shown to. You see, unlike you, I paid attention to said Orbital Strike. The actual blast was not that large. no expression And you are aware that the NCR does in fact have at least one satellite weapon under their control right, even if they cannot activate it? The NCR's sheer amount of manpower makes open war with them unthinkable for anyone but Caesar's Legion, due to having even more numbers, and Mr. House, due to sheer hax that is Mr. House. And yes, I know Paladins would kill multiple NCR troopers for each own slain. But the NCR presence in Mojave alone is greater than the entire Brotherhood's numbers. Keep in mind that in New Vegas, you are not seeing the entire NCR. Or the entire Legion for that matter.

Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Add the fact that some of the NCR senior officers are either spies (Picus), incompetent (General Oliver), screwups (The Misfits) or bad with good intentions (Hanlon), the NCR forces can barely keep Caesar's Legion at bay, let alone The Fiends and the other critters of the Mojave. God knows what would happen if they tried to invade the Boomers. The Misfits were not senior officers, and you can in fact convince them to become a boss unit. General Oliver is not technically incompetent, just a massive douchebag, who sacrifices lives for the sake of GLOREH. Hanlon is bad how now? Considering he was instrumental in the Legion's defeat at Hoover Dam, not sure what the hell you are talking about. Caesar's Legion, "Let alone the Fiends?" I am sorry, did you just actually compare the Legion and the Fiends? no expression The Fiends were wiped out in a couple days by Mr. House, they are a nonfactor compared to the Legion, NCR, or House. The Boomers? Pft. The Boomers only get by due to lots of artillery. If the NCR were to launch a full-scale assault, despite obviously having casualties, the NCR would crush them by the time they breached the defenses.

they would eventually clear up the capital wasteland........... after decades of trying to battle radiation with no chems, locating and securing little lamplight to end the mutants not to mention the remaining Enclave Forces, then there is the OutCasts that would hold no punches and would rape most of them with heavy weapons then theyd have the east coats brotherhood who are more open minded then west coast so would have more forces then they could keep up with.... by the time they get a foot hold in the wasteland Caesar would be dead or on his last legs and without him the Legion would fall into Disarray.... not to mention they almost always use melee only... so yea.... they would bulldoze through the capital wasteland....... no expression Locating and securing Little Lamplight? Everyone knows where it is, just not that there is a Vault there. And since Caesar is not an idiot, and since he actually has the resources to send scouts to track the mutants to Lamplight, yes he can have his forces go there and squash it. Actually outnumbering them helps. The Enclave Remnants? Dude, really? The Enclave in D.C. is all but done for, and it is due to the NCR that they fled there in the first place, the same NCR that the Legion is meeting blow for blow. The Outcasts are so hopelessly outnumbered it's funny. Seriously, how you believe they are a factor at all I cannot understand. And there is something that you need to really realise: The West Coast Brotherhood does in fact outnumber the East. In fact, shit, when was it said that the Capital Wasteland Brotherhood would actually recruit? Because I sure as hell do not remember that.

The Capital Wasteland is weak, it's telling that the two places considered the most secure civilizations (Other than the Brotherhood itself) is a scrapheap surrounding a nuclear bomb and a friggin' aircraft carrier.

NemeBro
You no longer must answer when the Brotherhood were said to recruit, for I know now.

Snafu the Great
I meant to say the majority of the NCR forces (both enlisted and commissioned)

Darkstorm Zero
The NCR vs ECBoS has it's own thread that I did a while ago.

Drag yourselves their and debate it Here!

For those that are interested, there is another variant of that debate at Spacebattles Here

See, plenty of places to do it without derailing this one.

And Nemebro, I kindly disagree with you about NCR trouncing ECBoS, if you would kindly follow me and outlay your arguments in the right thread, I will happily debate them with ya.

RE: Blaxican
You see, unlike you, I paid attention to said Orbital Strike. The actual blast was not that large. no expression

No you didn't, you cock. You were all balls deep over that scene too back in the day, "omg it took a nuke to drop Liberty Prime!"

I had to illuminate you. uhuh

NemeBro
I thought that because I was told that because I had not played Broken Steel at that time.

So no shut your mouth.

Kazenji
Don't know why Anya Stroud is in the Gears group no good feats from her yet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.