Magic Vs Cosmic Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
which is better and why

JakeTheBank
Once you get to the higher echelons of power, it's practically indistinguishable.

I will say magic seems more easily accessible, though.

Prep-Man
Magic, overall.

Simbon
Until you get to the upper echelons, as Jake says, I think it's a matter of scale. Magic seems to be more effective against individuals, whereas if you want to cause large-scale destruction, cosmic power is the way to go.

SquallX
All depends on the character that's using said powers.

For instance Zatanna, i can't see her using anything but magic, she could learn other source of powers, but in the end magic is her ace.

Bouboumaster
In Marvel. the Power Cosmic is more powerful, because his users are more powerful.

Sin I AM
hmmmmmmmmmm, ive always considered them interchangeable. I mean if you take more than a cosmetic glace then they really are one and the same.

Nihilist
Magic, more often than not its more powerful.. it can be considered a plot device.

SquallX
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
In Marvel. the Power Cosmic is more powerful, because his users are more powerful.

No, A blood lusted Zatanna would take Surfer in most fight.

Uriel005
Magic IMO. Cosmic power still follows some logic. Magic is whatever is convenient as an explanation.

dmills
I'd say the pc is overall more effective/efficient. Magic usually involves reciting spells etc whereas with the pc you just blink and its done;

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1302448992328.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1302449017015.jpg

Originally posted by SquallX
No, A blood lusted Zatanna would take Surfer in most fight. not if he is bloodlusted too

reality warping is stronger than both

Omega Vision
In DC. Magic.

In Marvel. Cosmic.

Generally speaking, of course.

Existere
Originally posted by Omega Vision
In DC. Magic.

In Marvel. Cosmic.

Generally speaking, of course.

Uriel005
In DC. Magic.

In Marvel. Cosmic.

Generally speaking, of course. Agreed up until you hit skyfathers and abstracts like Odin and beings like elder gods.

Jynocidus
They're the same.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Uriel005
Agreed up until you hit skyfathers and abstracts like Odin and beings like elder gods.
Nah. Because above the likes of Odin are the Celestials, Galactus, Infinity, Etc. All Cosmic beings.

Uriel005
Nah. Because above the likes of Odin are the Celestials, Galactus, Infinity, Etc. All Cosmic beings. Gods tend to be cosmic but magic is still at the core of their powers. Mjolnir being my case and point is considered an "enchanted" weapon. Enchantments are magic as far as I'm aware.

Existere
Gods tend to be cosmic but magic is still at the core of their powers. Mjolnir being my case and point is considered an "enchanted" weapon. Enchantments are magic as far as I'm aware. How does that apply to anybody OV named?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Existere
How does that apply to anybody OV named? lol my brain excused itself for the post...
But anyways are you sure you want to include Eternity as being above Odin big grin His failure rate is getting somewhat ridiculous.

Omega Vision
lol my brain excused itself for the post...
But anyways are you sure you want to include Eternity as being above Odin big grin His failure rate is getting somewhat ridiculous.
I actually didn't name Eternity. stick out tongue

I named his hot sister.

Uriel005
I actually didn't name Eternity. stick out tongue

I named his hot sister. He is a cosmic entity though

Space M ummy
He is a cosmic entity though

There's lots of cosmic entities. some are on the low end (terrax), some are on the high end (Tribunal) and some waffle between the two depending on how much of an idiot the writer is. (Eternity, Galactus).

Hell, there's a scan somewhere of the ancient one (strange's predecessor and former boss) literally wrestling Eternity into submission. No way in hell this should happen, but what can you do.

The way marvel has it though, the top tier in the MU (LT, The infinity gauntlet, cosmic containment units, the celestial TOAA) all appear to have cosmic power sources.

Magic-fueled entities tend to be lower on the scale (Mephisto, Dormammu) and that power tends to come with a boatload of restrictions on what it's able to do thanks to strange and arbitrary rules. (See: Mephisto being supreme in his own realm, and weakening outside of it, Elder Gods like Cthon needing to use host bodies to manifest etc).

so: cosmic > magic at the highest tier, though it's a bit less definitive below that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.