work holiday!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lara
i applied for a holiday this weekend at work three weeks ago.
I check my hours on staurday and I didnt have to time off that I booked so I rang my mum to tells her.
as soon as I got off the phone to her she rang the store and demanded to speak to the store manager. well I went up for my break later that day and some one from personnel come looking for me in the staff smoking room. she said that the store manager whated to see me. I was thinking "shit what have I done, I'm gonna get the sack" or smething like that.
when I got in there she told me that my mum had rung in reguard to the off I had booked. she asked me a few questions and then said I had the time off and due to the inconvinence I had anothe date of my choice off work as well so every thing has turned out ok and I get to go to Micki11's house for the weekend as planned as well as my gran's 70th Bday party as well. so it's all big grin from me at the moment. just thought you lot might like to know about my luky striek. big grin big grin big grin big grin stick out tongue

finti
holiday whats that sad

mah
nice
micki11?

Corran
Maybe the start of a lucky streak, pick the lottery numbers for me please.

Tex
I sure could use a holiday from my studiesbig grin

Ushgarak
What's work again?

Lara
Micki11 is a friend of mine, she is a member here hence her loggin name, micki11 but she doesnt get online that much now!

Ushgarak
Yes, I remember her

mah
ah yes, i vaguely remember her

finti
I dont

mechmoggy
I could do with a work holiday, going away properly would be even better. sad

Mujaffa
yeah what's a holliday

Fitch
something that I want,BADLY!

Mujaffa
never will never got

BackFire349
i have today off too.

Julie
nice......why?????

Lara
well the weekend is fast approaching! and I've got a list of things to get when I go into guildford on saturday!

1. new insense burner coz some one broke mine yesterday, which I'm pretty annoyed about!
2. 3rd volume of the Crown of Stars series, The Burning Stone.
3. tarot cards, major arcana.

and I think that about concludes what I need to get, but I'm really going to enjoy this weekend because I'm getting paid for it. Hense a WORK HOLIDAY! I get paid for taking time off! Ha! stick out tongue

Corran
Umm so you can read Tarot cards, or are you just learning?

finti
"Beware of a place
A smile of a pride shiny face

I'll never return up to your love
Tarot woman
I don't know
I don't know

She can take you there
The answer's to the fear
Mine, mine, mine" -Rainbows Tarot woman

Lara
I know which cards are the worst in the pack and know the origins of the cards. I know about the major and minor arcana and I know a few of the cards.

Corran
The worst cards aren't always bad, it depends which way they come out too.

Lara
true! but the worst cards to get in a reading are The Tower and the Death cards, if you get both of them it means dissaster is ahead of you.

BTW: did you know that the normal playing cards you use for polka etc, originated form the tarot?

you have the spades, clubs, hearts and diamonds. these are the reformed:
cups
wands
swords
penticales
there are ten of these cards numbered one to ten and the four court cards. mage, jack, queen and king. these make up the minor arcana.

for more details look at this site I found on the minor arcana. theres too much for me to explain.

http://www.solarraven.com/Tarot-quicktips.html

Corran
Thanks, I have had Tarot cards and books on them in that past.

Lara
leanr anything useful from them?

Corran
Apparently I was to die before I reached 30, therefore I am definately Lucifer.

Lara
depends whether yo meditated before you did the reading and focused on the question at hand.

Corran
I had someone do it for me, but they said I was hard to read. Go figure.

Lara
well they cant have been that knowledgeable with the cards, or you were very tense about what was going on.

any way back to my holiday, I'm going on friday night to Micki's house and we cant deside wether to go seen a film, or see how long it takes the bar staff in the pubs to ID us and kick us out. what do you lot reckon?

Corran
Go for the early film showing and then do the pub option.

mah
which films are screening

Corran
The ring.

finti
hmm take a beer instead

Lara
I've seen the ring and FD2 and they are both crap. no joke of a lie!

Corran
What about Catch me if you can?

Lara
TS absolute shit! its funny but O so very boring.

finti
which would indicate???? confused

Lara
Not my sort of film

finti
so didnt like it wouldnt do?

Lara
well, my weekend break turned out to be one fat piss up! but good fun considering it was me, Micki and her foster parents! they're really cool ppl!

Lara
went to a bar on saturday night! was all dressed up and I kept getting really strange looks off of the guys in the vacinity becuase I have a pint of fosters in my hand! is it really such a peculiar sight that they have to sit and gaup?!

finti
guess they dont like Brit girls drinking aussie chemicals stick out tongue

Lara
ha ha ! so not funny fint! no really if it was you guys who saw a woman with a pint of lager in her hand what would you be thinking?

finti
nothing, dont see anything unusual with that

Lara
right! and the biggie is? thats the thing! there is no biggie, so why do they stare?

finti
maybe they wanted for you to come over and have a chat, or they are stuck in a stereotype world of long ago, wasnt Saturday 8 of march as well big grin so they were just being sexist

Lara
either that or I had something stuck on my forehead! laughing out loud

finti
hopefully nothing like Mary took from that Stiller dudes hair in the flick Something About Mary big grinbig grindevil

Lara
no I dont think so! I'm a good girl! evil face laughing out loud

finti
"I bet you say that to all the boys.

It was a hot summer night and the beach was burning
There was a fog crawling over the sand
When I listen to your heart I hear the whole world turning
I see the shooting stars
Falling through your trembling hands
You were licking your lips and your lipstick shining
I was dying just to ask for a taste
We were lying together in a silver lining
By the light of the moon
You know there's not another moment
Not another moment
Not another moment to waste" - MeatLoafs
You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth

Lara
I saw very little to the lads!

how can you remeber so many lyrics fint?

but still the question remains! I'm surely not that interesting! am I?

finti
why shouldnt you be,

I start humming songs and then sing them to myself, or i sometimes have to cheat and look at the innersleeves of the cd`s if I got them that is.

Lara
cheat! roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
it is cheating if I have to look them up among my cd collection, I got a lot of songs on my pc so I sometimes play them, then the lyrics is no problem but it happens I have to drag my self over to my cd shelves and take a look

rusky
I kinda like the dragging u'r self part... smile

Corran
laughing out loud laughing big grin laughing out loud laughing

rusky
Now why on earth would u find that confusing C ? evil face evil face evil face

Corran
Not confusing - amusing.

rusky
'twas more of a rhetorical question actually.. smile

Orpheus
Holiday, hmm

I've got three weeks off in the summer. My first holiday in about 6 years, if you ignore the odd week at home to do decorating and the chrsitmas trips to my parents. Its also my first holiday abroad. I'm off to Canada and the US in July.

Lara
you wont be here for my birthday then? sad

Corran
neither will you, you'll be on your hols.

Lara
true but I couls always find a library

Lara
I'm off on another holiday at the start of july which I've had to book off work as well! I'm going to weymouth with 3 other friends for 6 days, and NO ADULTS, which should be cool! me and my best mate are on the pull, so that should be fun! not to mention that we'll be staying a 5minute walk from the cliffs, one way and the beach the other!
I've never had so many holidays in one year! smile

I think I'd better take some factor 50 sunblock with me! messed

Member.
glsmile

Lara
I take it that stands for Good Laugh?

finti
make sure to take some bikini pictures Lara

Lara
dont worry I wont forget but your more likely to see me losbter red than tanned! laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.