Thanos vs Absorbing Man No Tech.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Thanos's best feat is gettin beat by Odin. AM's best feat is running through asgard and nearly beating Odin. This is without pis cis.....which means Thanos is around herald level.

quanchi112
Thanos stomps.

godking
Thanos.

A dumbass with absorbing powers is not beating Thanos.

Thanos easily tricks Creel into absorbing the wrong material.

Thanos then laughs at Creel and walks away.

TricksterPriest
A creel fighting smartly could take him. His powerset gives him the chance.

But......Creel is an idiot unless it's earth X.

psycho gundam
"mind whammy"

long pig
No CIS people. Absorbing Man becomes light and wacks him at lightspeed until the match is over. He could touch Thanos and just slug is out for a while. As for mind wammy, I recall AM absorbing the minds of people who had mental powers and then controlling them. Thanos really can't blast him without AM absorbing the blast. It's a better fight than you may think.

bannedtroll007
Originally posted by long pig
Thanos's best feat is gettin beat by Odin. AM's best feat is running through asgard and nearly beating Odin. This is without pis cis.....which means Thanos is around herald level. Bait... mad

long pig
Fine line between trolling and lighthearted sarcasm. smile

bannedtroll007
Fine line between trolling and lighthearted sarcasm. smile the only Troll allowed ere is Trick... mad

Nihilist
Thanos easy.

SquallX
If what the OP said was true, then how can Thanos wins.

Zack Fair
How does CIS/PIS make Thanos > Herald level?

Nihilist
Originally posted by SquallX
If what the OP said was true, then how can Thanos wins. creel has no defence against Thanos mental powers or bfr.

Black bolt z
I'm tempted to say abosrbing man due to the no CIS. AM is much much stronger when hes not stupid.

But thanos still wins here.

TricksterPriest
Creel did much better against Odin than Thanos did. Unlike Thanos, Odin had to break out the big guns to stop him.

Given the limits of Creel's powers, he can take on Thanos. But I'm not saying he's taking Thanos for a majority. Not yet. I really need to see scans of what he can do. Does Creel have a respect thread?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Creel did much better against Odin than Thanos did. Unlike Thanos, Odin had to break out the big guns to stop him.

Given the limits of Creel's powers, he can take on Thanos. But I'm not saying he's taking Thanos for a majority. Not yet. I really need to see scans of what he can do. Does Creel have a respect thread? Heres his respect thread. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=523646&highlight=title%3A%28Creel%29

And here is creels fight with Odin

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Battle/JiM%20122/Odin/th_Journeyintomystery123-05.jpghttp://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Battle/JiM%20122/Odin/th_Journeyintomystery123-06.jpghttp://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Battle/JiM%20122/Odin/th_Journeyintomystery123-09.jpghttp://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Battle/JiM%20122/Odin/th_Journey_in_to_mystery122-16.jpg

King Kandy
Wins by BFR... much like Odin himself did.

chomperx9
AM wins

Bouboumaster
Let's see...

On one hand: A B-Grade Avengers villain
On the other hand: the Champion of Death that would murder the shit out of the entire line-up of the Avengers with just a couple of attacks.

AM is dead, and this shit is spite.

TricksterPriest
Absorbing Man is much better than a B villain when he's actually using a few brain cells. Even when he's not, he's still difficult to take out by direct means.

Btw, for those saying Sentry beat Creel, Creel managed to get his revenge later. Seems he figured out how to safely absorb Sentry's power.
http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Battle/LL%202/?action=view&current=DR_LL_2_PeterWatts_DCP_029.jpg
http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Battle/LL%202/?action=view&current=DR_LL_2_PeterWatts_DCP_030.jpg

Creel it seems, have pulled himself back together from...well, read page 2 for yourself. It has to be read to believed. It's nearly as good as Plastic Man's feat from Obsidian Age.

King Kandy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Um excuse me?

Gugnir is a bigger gun than what he beat AM with (waving his hands to throw him into space).

long pig
When Creel defeated the entire legion of asgard, he took on Odin himself. He started absorbing asgard itself. And when Odin jumped in, he was unable to do anything to the guy at all. He absorbed every thing Odio through at him and basically said he wouldn't leave unless given the rod of kinghood or w e which was what he thought gave Odio his kinghood. Odin tricked him an have him something that, once creel touched it he couldn't le it go cuz it stuck to his hand by magic. It either shut his powers off or was made of something very fragile and since he couldn't touch anything else, he was fragile. THEN Odin banished the powerless AM him into space. Odin won through trickery. i.e cis pis. Otherwise he'd have probably lost all of asgard that day. It was very impressive.

long pig
Originally posted by King Kandy
Um excuse me?

Are you sufficiently excused, yet?

psycho gundam
thor changed absorbing man into helium against his will, thanos also has matter manipulation abilities as well (changed a thanos clone, captain reptyl, and a skrull)

gogogadgetgo
soo...no tech eh...that means no teleportation/bfr /shields for thanos. if AM gets a hold of Thanos he could win some.

King Kandy
When Creel defeated the entire legion of asgard, he took on Odin himself. He started absorbing asgard itself. And when Odin jumped in, he was unable to do anything to the guy at all. He absorbed every thing Odio through at him and basically said he wouldn't leave unless given the rod of kinghood or w e which was what he thought gave Odio his kinghood. Odin tricked him an have him something that, once creel touched it he couldn't le it go cuz it stuck to his hand by magic. It either shut his powers off or was made of something very fragile and since he couldn't touch anything else, he was fragile. THEN Odin banished the powerless AM him into space. Odin won through trickery. i.e cis pis. Otherwise he'd have probably lost all of asgard that day. It was very impressive.
That's not what happened at all. Odin said that the power was in him alone; the scepter had NOTHING to do with it. The whole point was that they were stupid to want it because the power was in Odin alone. It had no power on its own so it absolutely did not depower AM. On top of that, your idea makes no sense; how does AM being fragile matter when he was thrown into space? He could have been made of adamantium and it wouldn't have made that tactic work any less.

long pig
He was completly unable to let the thing go. Him floating aimlessly into the air unable to let the scepter go makes one think there was some trickery a-foot. A FOOT I SAY. show scans of it. it's pretty clear i'm saying.

long pig
Tell me a good reason why he doesn't carry a adamantium toofpick around with him. I actually have no prob with Thanos winning, but a stomp isn't happening.

quanchi112
Tell me a good reason why he doesn't carry a adamantium toofpick around with him. I actually have no prob with Thanos winning, but a stomp isn't happening. Do you know who Thanos is and who Creel is ?

Nihilist
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
soo...no tech eh...that means no teleportation/bfr /shields for thanos. if AM gets a hold of Thanos he could win some. facepalm Thanos can teleport/bfr and create shields under his own power and has done before.

long pig
I Do agree with quanchi....I just don't want to. Someone talk of out of it quick.

basilisk
Without tech Thanos would have a fight on his hands here, unless BFR is allowed. On the other hand Creel is usually pretty dumb so that also might affect the outcome.

godking
Tell me a good reason why he doesn't carry a adamantium toofpick around with him. I actually have no prob with Thanos winning, but a stomp isn't happening. Because he is a dumb****.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by quanchi112
Do you know who Thanos is and who Creel is ? Yes. And a smart creel can get some wins.

King Kandy
He was completly unable to let the thing go. Him floating aimlessly into the air unable to let the scepter go makes one think there was some trickery a-foot. A FOOT I SAY. show scans of it. it's pretty clear i'm saying.
OK, I will post the scan. And it says exactly what I said: the scepter has no power, and that he could have BFRd whenever he wanted:

http://img74.imageshack.us/i/journeyintomystery123124jo.jpg/

long pig
Why was he unable to let go of it?

King Kandy
Because Odin used his magic to stick him to it.

Look, the scan absolutely disproves you. You said he couldn't have BFRd them at any time, and that scan has multiple statements that he could have done exactly that.

long pig
You're wrong. Saying something over and over doesn't make you right. Why the hell do you think he tricked him into sticking to the scepter? For shits and giggles? No. He knew AM could turn into a variety of different things. i.e air, lightening, light even asgard itself like he was doing....that can't be bfr'd. Using trickery he made him stick to one thing to limit his power to absorb one thing. In a sense, depowering him. Like i said. It's like you're arguing against you for me. Otherwise AM would continue to run through all of asgard. Odin was unable to beat him so he tricked him. Just like Thor has never been able to beat him except thru trickery. As for gungnir, that would be the worst possible thing Odin could use against him. I change my mind, Thanos goes down hard.

godking
Why was he unable to let go of it? Simple

Greed

You know when a monkey grabbing something in a hole and when he tries to retract his hand he cant let go of the object?.

Its not that the monkey physically cant let go of the object its that he lacks the intelligence to let go of the object.

Sr J-Bieb
Odin didn't even throw a power blast at AM...

Thanos overloads him most likely.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb

Thanos overloads him most likely.
I doubt it.

If Absorbing Man actually had a brain, he would be one of the most dangerous, versatile and unpredictable villains ever. You don't overload Absorbing Man that easily and he's extremely difficult to kill.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
I doubt it.

If Absorbing Man actually had a brain, he would be one of the most dangerous, versatile and unpredictable villains ever. You don't overload Absorbing Man that easily and he's extremely difficult to kill.
So, AM with a brain makes his powers able to handle more, as well as just using it better?

Kid Kurdy
So, AM with a brain makes his powers able to handle more, as well as just using it better?
The smarter you are, the more you know which powers you can easily absorb and which powers can give trouble.

If I were absorbing Man, I would carry a piece of adamantium in my pockets. Just touching it will transform me into an adamantium guy, ready to take on almost anybody. Absorbing Man can easily absorb Thanos' blasts, or his powers.

I admit Thanos is too smart to lose from Absorbing Man, but it would be a great fight.

Sr J-Bieb
The smarter you are, the more you know which powers you can easily absorb and which powers can give trouble.

If I were absorbing Man, I would carry a piece of adamantium in my pockets. Just touching it will transform me into an adamantium guy, ready to take on almost anybody. Absorbing Man can easily absorb Thanos' blasts, or his powers.

I admit Thanos is too smart to lose from Absorbing Man, but it would be a great fight. How exactly does that mean he can absorb more? No seriously, that just means he could use his powers smarter.

If I were Thanos I'd carry anti-Absorbing Man spray in my pocket. Just using it would get rid of any potential Absorbing Men. But that wasn't in the OP so I thought that was ruled out.

He can try, he'll get overloaded though as soon as Thanos pours it on.

Black bolt z

Thanos overloads him most likely. Explain how thanos overloads him but a cosmic cube didn't?

long pig
VERY few things have overloaded AM. Stupid stuff like trying to absorb the entire earth. Thanos isn't overloading AM. Honestly, this is a stalemate. Abby can turn into light and blitz or touch Thanos's body or shields and stand there and bang it out for as long as he wants. Absorb his blasts and throw them back like he did when Thor blasted him. Abby is the man.

godking
VERY few things have overloaded AM. Stupid stuff like trying to absorb the entire earth. Thanos isn't overloading AM. Honestly, this is a stalemate. Abby can turn into light and blitz or touch Thanos's body or shields and stand there and bang it out for as long as he wants. Absorb his blasts and throw them back like he did when Thor blasted him. Abby is the man. Creel is not that smart .

You are argueing a fight against a Creel who has rarely if ever shown the versatility that you acribe to him.

No PIS and no CIS does not mean that Creel suddenly gets smart

Nihilist
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Explain how thanos overloads him but a cosmic cube didn't? It wasnt a cosmic cube it was a shard of a cosmic cube, and Sentry overloaded AM.

This thread is a joke if people think Thanos cant beat Creel, Thanos has so many ways to win it isnt even fair.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Nihilist
It wasnt a cosmic cube it was a shard of a cosmic cube, and Sentry overloaded AM.

This thread is a joke if people think Thanos cant beat Creel, Thanos has so many ways to win it isnt even fair. AM also came back after he learned how to absorb sentry's powers.

Kid Kurdy
This thread is a joke if people think Thanos cant beat Creel, Thanos has so many ways to win it isnt even fair.
Such as ?

Blasting or punching him won't do squat.

I agree Thanos wins in the end, but it won't be a stomp.

Nihilist
AM also came back after he learned how to absorb sentry's powers. So he still got overload and was out of it for a fair time, and Thanos energy/power output>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sentrys

Nihilist
Such as ?Bfr,matter manip, immobilising him, mind wrecking him and punching him will harm him.

Thanos would kill him with blasts. tbh im not suprised on your views because you undersell Thanos in every thread.

AM is nowhere near Thanos league in any capacity, and he has no feats to suggest so.

Black bolt z
So he still got overload and was out of it for a fair time, and Thanos energy/power output>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sentrys So AM doesn't absorb it all...easy. Thats what he did to sentry.

Nihilist
You think he has a choice with all the energy Thanos would be throwing at him, lulz. He has no choice to either absorb all of it or he's toast, as Sentry wasnt firing energy at AM

Black bolt z
You think he has a choice with all the energy Thanos would be throwing at him, lulz. He has no choice to either absorb all of it or he's toast, as Sentry wasnt firing energy at AM Ands that matters how? When AM absorbs what he wants he starts throwing it back.

And once again I am not saying AM will win. but a no CIS creel is nothing to sneeze at.

Nihilist
Ands that matters how? When AM absorbs what he wants he starts throwing it back.

And once again I am not saying AM will win. but a no CIS creel is nothing to sneeze at. Seriously! its clear you dont understand.

Thanos was tanking energy shots from a more powerful Thanos doppleganger who couldnt put him down.

Black bolt z
Seriously! its clear you dont understand.

Thanos was tanking energy shots from a more powerful Thanos doppleganger who couldnt put him down. Ummm...OK? AM isn't a thanos clone...so I don't see how that matters.

Nihilist
Ummm...OK? AM isn't a thanos clone...so I don't see how that matters. Exactly, he aint as powerful as the doppleganger, yet you think Thanos own energy is gonna put him down when the more powerful doppleganger couldnt.

Sr J-Bieb
Explain how thanos overloads him but a cosmic cube didn't? Because it was a fragment of the cosmic cube?

Quasar overloaded him. Dazzler channeling Black Bolt's voice overloaded him. Trying to absorb the Earth overloaded him. War Hulk's sword overloaded him. Sentry overloaded him. AM came back and said he could only take so much of Sentry's powers. By all means, Sentry was nothing compared to Thanos before he started double dosing his super serum (don't want to turn this into a Void vs Thanos debate).

Why don't you explain how he can withstand your third favorite guy's power instead?

Black bolt z
Because it was a fragment of the cosmic cube?

Quasar overloaded him. Dazzler channeling Black Bolt's voice overloaded him. Trying to absorb the Earth overloaded him. War Hulk's sword overloaded him. Sentry overloaded him. AM came back and said he could only take so much of Sentry's powers. By all means, Sentry was nothing compared to Thanos before he started double dosing his super serum (don't want to turn this into a Void vs Thanos debate).

Why don't you explain how he can withstand your third favorite guy's power instead? Quasar didn't overload him. AM touched the quantum bands. Then he exploded for the same reason that the guy in the first issue did. He had too much of a kille instinct.

Dazzlar didn't overload him. She nuetralized the light energy of which he was made.
http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Battle/Dazzler%2019/?action=view&current=dazzler01917.jpg

I don't know about earth(but failing to absorb all of earth isn't a low feat...)

And I don't know about WWH's sword. Although I'm sure that had some context you were leaving out.

And for sentry creel came back and beat the crap out of him. So what makes you think that he can't take "just enough" of thanos's power?

Sr J-Bieb
Quasar didn't overload him. AM touched the quantum bands. Then he exploded for the same reason that the guy in the first issue did. He had too much of a kille instinct.

Dazzlar didn't overload him. She nuetralized the light energy of which he was made.
http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Battle/Dazzler%2019/?action=view&current=dazzler01917.jpg

I don't know about earth(but failing to absorb all of earth isn't a low feat...)

And I don't know about WWH's sword. Although I'm sure that had some context you were leaving out.

And for sentry creel came back and beat the crap out of him. So what makes you think that he can't take "just enough" of thanos's power? That was a cause for concern by Quasar, but he outright stated he was going to overload him.
http://i53.tinypic.com/33mpxcl.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/8ycjlf.jpg

Right, it 'neutralized' him. That's actually worse. Thanks for making go back and read it. We know he can be overloaded, but apparently a quantity of light stronger than what he currently has can also fudge him over.
BTW, your scan didn't work.

Little old non context me.
http://i53.tinypic.com/98hfyg.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/250i3o4.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2rxxyfa.jpg

He also almost overloaded him the next issue, but AM was saved.

Because he could only take just enough of Sentry's powers? Thanos' is quite a lot more powerful than Sentry. He doesn't know how much power to take from Thanos. And taking 'just enough' to not overload him would be nothing to Thanos' power.

long pig
Well no one claimed his powers are infinite. Thor can overload him, tons of people can, but it's not like has to absorb everything or all of what he touches. He can choose what to or what not to absorb. Although, seeing the level stupidity he's written at, i get why people believe it. He also can absorb different types of things at once like he did with Thor's blast and hammer. He was solid indestructable energy. He blitzed Thor like normal when he turns into energy but this time was nailing him with his fist/hammers. He even was able to pass through solid walls while in that state....which made zero sense. This is not an easy who for Thanos.

long pig
Everytime he absorbed Thor's Hammer, any energy blasts Thor hit him with had no effect except making him stronger. He absorbed the energy just like mjolnir would absorb its own energy. If he touches Thanos's skin, wouldn't he absorb thanos's natural immunity to his own power?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.