Scream 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LiL nAstY GirL
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=11016

What do you all think?

Wolfie
Terrible idea. The third was supposed to end the trilogy.

Cinemaddiction
I think the only thing worse is knowing they wanna do a 3rd "..Last Summer".

Morpheus
Originally posted by Wolfie
Terrible idea. The third was supposed to end the trilogy. took the words out of my mouth.

stunna1773
what about scream 4 and i bet the daughter of the fishermen will be in i'll know what you did last summer.

Morpheus
raver i had that name>I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer.
for that movie before they consider useing it.

Wolfie
I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer will have nothing to do with the first two, much like Final Destination 3.

What can they do with Scream 4? The first is the rules of a horror movie. The second is the rules of a sequel. The third is the rules of a trilogy. The fourth is the rules of a franchise, where the story continues but it has less and less to do with the original plot. That's the best I can come up with.

Zilverz
i will not pay to watch either of those two movies

papabeard
Could be interesting.

Green Skull
It would be a stupid idea to do another freddy vs jason aswell

MildPossession
Why would Neve Campbell go back for a Scream 4 when she is doing fine in films at the moment and said she wanted to get as far away from Sidney as possible... and Craven said he wouldn't do a 4th because he liked it as a trilogy and wanted it to stay that way...

It makes no sense to me why they would want to do another one.

Darth Nauj
Originally posted by MildPossession
Why would Neve Campbell go back for a Scream 4 when she is doing fine in films at the moment and said she wanted to get as far away from Sidney as possible... and Craven said he wouldn't do a 4th because he liked it as a trilogy and wanted it to stay that way...

It makes no sense to me why they would want to do another one.
I remember neve campbell said if they needed the money they would do another film. she said this while promoting scream 3 but I dont care would be intresting to watch scream 4

b-dan
this is gonna suck i would just leave it as a trilogy the second suckd and the third was ok the first was awsome but a fourth give me a break

Evil Dead
should have stopped after the first one..........

T.M
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I think the only thing worse is knowing they wanna do a 3rd "..Last Summer".

NOOOOOOO !!!!!!!

gls
a 4th one can be done well. if they try that is. hmm well i remember on the commentary for scream 3 they talked about doin another one. but not within 5 years or so.
i wonder what could be the major twist this time though... her dad becoming the killer? sidney being the killer herself?
and would courtney cox and david arquette want to return? =\ could be done if everything goes perfect. but we all know that it rarely works out that way

papabeard
From creature corner :

Rumors of a 4th in the series of Scream films have been floating around for quite some time. There has never been any solid info to announce so we have just kind of silently been keeping an eye on it for you. Today brings some casting news from Moviehole that shows some movement may finally be occurring. Here is Movieholes report:

Apparently the one-time rising queen of scream( Neve Campbell) was in talks with the Weinstein co. to give her lungs another work-out for a third sequel? She may have had the talks, but she won't be returning, we can confirm today. Nope, Sidney's done with masked men.

Don't despair though. Just because Campbell won't be back doesn't doesn't mean that two of her hot-water bottle sharing co-stars won't be back, namely, the Arquettes. Gail and Dewey vs Ghostface.

kmcdude
The third was boring,but I will see the 4th,even though I hope it doesn't happen

zombieman
If Wes Craven wants to keep the shred of integrity he still has, he should block the production of this potential piece of unholy tripe.

Myth
This reminds me of an e-mail my brother just sent me as a review for Red Eye:

"Since most of the movies suck right now I let Josh talk us into seeing Red Eye. He was swearing that critics said it was really good but I think it was just because he was too afraid to see The Cave. The movie is only about 1hr 25mins long but is still like 2 movies in one. The first half is slow but mildly entertaining because it is original and that guy from 28days later is a pretty good actor. The second half of the movie I will from here on out refer to as Scream 4. Scream 4 is just like the previous Scream movies where as a fierce killer is able to completely disable a full sized man at will, but somehow when carrying a huge knife and chasing a young woman through a house manages to trip over every object she throws in his way. Scream 4 is probably the worse of the Scream series and definitely puts Barker in the running for worst director ever. (I didn't want to mention this but I have to, in the movie the girl manages to kick a guy in the thigh pressing her high heel through his thigh like it was butter.)"

gls
Originally posted by Myth
This reminds me of an e-mail my brother just sent me as a review for Red Eye:

"Since most of the movies suck right now I let Josh talk us into seeing Red Eye. He was swearing that critics said it was really good but I think it was just because he was too afraid to see The Cave. The movie is only about 1hr 25mins long but is still like 2 movies in one. The first half is slow but mildly entertaining because it is original and that guy from 28days later is a pretty good actor. The second half of the movie I will from here on out refer to as Scream 4. Scream 4 is just like the previous Scream movies where as a fierce killer is able to completely disable a full sized man at will, but somehow when carrying a huge knife and chasing a young woman through a house manages to trip over every object she throws in his way. Scream 4 is probably the worse of the Scream series and definitely puts Barker in the running for worst director ever. (I didn't want to mention this but I have to, in the movie the girl manages to kick a guy in the thigh pressing her high heel through his thigh like it was butter.)"
hmm red eye was better than the cave imo.

Skorn254
It should be done. But if they make a 4th one I'll probably go see it.

LiL nAstY GirL
New info:

FilmFocus caught up with "Scream" trilogy star Neve Campbell to ask about the recent rumor that she was interested in doing a fourth film.

"We were really lucky with the 'Scream' films to actually make a good trilogy, I think it's very challenging to find other films that have done that properly," she told the site, "but I think it was a good idea for me to stop there. They are going to go ahead and make a 'Scream 4', I guess they're casting it right now and it was offered to me; but to me, for Sidney, it just doesn't make sense."

She explained why she wouldn't do it. "Sidney Prescott should have gone insane in the second Scream," she joked, "It was hard for them to get me to do the third one; how far can you go with a character whose friends have either all tried to kill her or died? The only way I could be in 'Scream 4' is in an insane asylum in a straight-jacket."

comingsoon.net

MildPossession
Thank god. No need to bring her back.

kmcdude
I agree,she can easily be replaced,I do think it would be cool to see the ***** finally killed off though......

Sir Nauj
there just gonna kill her off I guess like they did with laurie in halloween resurrection

MildPossession
I like her character and the actress, my reply above was to mean she didn't need to be brought back and ruined in another Scream movie.

slayer
Another Scream movie..A third i Know What You did Last Summer....Enough Said..

shewolf34
I love Wes as much as the next guy but, after my husband has made me and my daughter sit thru the Neve Campbellathon I am not looking forward to another Scream movie I did however like the first one.

papabeard
I dont really rate Wes Craven at all, I like Scream, ANOES and Red Eye is ok, but I do not believe he is as good as everyone makes him out to be, I just think he is a recognisible name in horror for people to drop.

papabeard
From Horror Movie News :

Wes Craven Talks Scream 4 :

We have been hearing alot about Scream 4 recently and I really don't know why. The triology was not that great to begin with and than to make another film would be ridiculous. According to Ecran Large, luckily for us Neve Campbell and Wes Craven seem to agree.

"I had a lunch with Neve where she told me Dimension Film offered her to reprise her role in Scream 4. I was totally surprised because nobody has ever mentioned such a project to me. But as far as I'm concerned, I don't think it would be a wise decision to do a 4th Scream. First because I think everything has already been told within the first three movies and I don't want to make the one more that would be the wrong one. And second because Dimension won't really be interested in contacting me right now just after the troubles we had on Cursed."

Well I think if we keep hearing things about Scream 4 it will probably be a straight to DVD cash in. At this point that is my guess. I'm not sure who retained the rights to the film, Disney or the Weinsteins. But I am sure if the Weinsteins have them they could use the cash to build up there new company.

jayy
Leave it alone. IT WILL SUCK SOOOOO BADDDD!!!!

eek!

Myers Kicks Ass
ill see it if courteny cox is in it

allofyousuckkk
i dont think it's a good idea, won't make much money ebcause there's no story to go on. As for a third summer, I always wanted one, big fan of the movies, but if it doesn't have the actors from, the last two, what's the use?

xxbefybooxx
LET ME REST ALL UR CASES SCREAM IS TA BST ITS BETTER THAN ALL THE REST BUT THERE AINT GONNA B A FORTH PEEPS, I BEIN ON THERE WEBSITE, THE DIRECTOR WANTS TO BUT ALL THE CHARACTORS DONT ! SO SORRY PEEPS BUT IT HAD TO B SED ! sad

Wolfie
TURN OF CAPS LOCK OR TAKE YOUR FINGER OFF THE SHIFT KEY. YOUR OPINION ONLY LESSENS WHEN YOU TALK LIKE THAT.

Evil Dead
and learn to spell.

Nyria
Well I saw on some rumor site that the 4th wont invole any original characters as the lead instead it will be a new class and the masked men will be copycatting the murders and its up to the new batch of teens to figure out who's doing the killing and why before they all end up dead in the process.

I dont know the plot sounds okay but Im going to need Kevin Williamson to return to do the movie if it has any remote chance of being good

* He did the first and part of the second scream. We all know what Craven is capable of scream 3 and the new nightmare *

So yeah I think the movie has huge potiential it just has to be done the right way.

cropsy_is_god
Scream 3 wasn't too great so the fourth is gonna suck big time.

wordofred
first 3 were great, but even though i would love to see a 4th one, i would hat it 2 smile it was supposed to be a triology, and the 3rd ended in a way that would make it boring to watch anotheer, so i guess i want to keep it at 3 smile smile

LepperFace15
PURELY AND SIMPLY FOR THE MONEY.

I know some people have missed this franchise since the last movie.
I will definitely be one of the people going to go see this.
As well as most of the people who replied to this post.

I hope they follow through with a SCREAM 4.
Who cares about all that trilogy stuff and what not.
It's just another "horror" movie to go watch.

And I'm going to go see it.

PiruBlood
i loved the trilogy but wtf are they gona make as the killer? i have a feeling neve cambel is the killer cause at the end of scream 3 they did that face shot on her when the door opened.

MildPossession
Humm, thought put it in here instead of making a new one just for the news:

I just hope it falls through.

BackFire
Neat if Craven returns.

Not so neat if he doesn't.

tylerTOXICITY
If cravens directing i dont know?.

Might work out well...but they just reuined it on the second.

MildPossession
Yeah well Craven hasn't been doing so well in movies lately... I'd like to see it handed to someone else for directing that's doing well in horror/thriller movies at the moment.

MildPossession
It's not happening, apparently the news above turned out to be false.

MildPossession
Well, Scream 4 is now REALLY official... and is going to happen, but re starting it apparently, so it may very well just be an entire new cast... Weinstein's have signed a new deal which includes Scream 4.

Kazenji

deathbycorn
The Scream movies suck. Plain and simple. Who cares for a fourth!!

Kazenji
Well you don't from the way your talking.

MildPossession
There is no need for a 4th one, they ended the trilogy perfectly.

Kazenji
Like to see what they do with the 4th one since the killer with the other ones had something to do with Sidney Prescott's mother and what she got up to around the town.

tylerTOXICITY
WTF.
Another copy cat Killer?
Gay.

MildPossession
I think 'fans' of the original trilogy would like it to stay that way, not squeeze stuff out of it. Even Jamie Kennedy is saying he could come back somehow even though he's dead, yay, another video...

Really hope it falls through.

cropsy_is_god
If this happens its nothing more than desperation by film writers and its like them saying :People will buy into anything. Thats just my opinion.

MildPossession
Looks like it is 100% happening now, apparently from what is usually right in its news I found this:

While SCREAM 4 is still very much in the early stages of development, we have a few exclusive facts to kick start the hype.
Fact #1: Kevin Williamson (writer of two of the SCREAM films (character credit on third)) is going to start writing a draft, although it may or may not become the shooting script (which is typical).
Fact #2: Wes Craven may or may not direct, but there is a very good possibility that he will return.
Fact #3: They are making financial offers to David Arquette, Courtney Cox Arquette and Neve Campbell to play cameos.
Fact #4: This will be a younger version of the SCREAM movies.

What on earth does Fact 4 mean? prequel? younger leads and the above three names will only be in the background?

It finished perfectly, have to go and spoil it.

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah well Craven hasn't been doing so well in movies lately

laughing out loud thats an understatement

Craven sucks

MildPossession
Name change!

DeVuL
I'm looking forward to it.... is that bad??

MildPossession
The younger thing is definitely a younger cast, Campbell and the other two are making cameos only.

jinXed by JaNx
I think the killer should wear a freddy krueger costume in this one.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
laughing out loud thats an understatement

Craven sucks I wouldnt say he sucks but he's definitely hit and miss.

MildPossession
Red Eye was decent and didn't suck, Cursed did, that was just horrendous. Can't remember any other recent films he has done since Scream 3.

MildPossession
Looks like Kevin Williamson is on for writing the script:

BackFire
Red Eye's ending was god awful, the rest was passable.

So, this Scream 4 is actually happening, then? Wow.

Kazenji
I read Craven is'nt 100% sure on directing it at the moment he's waiting for a good script.

MildPossession
I just put that above...

Nemesis X
Scream 4? I'm a sequel kind of guy but even I know this is stupid. The 3rd is supposed to end the trilogy. That's like making a part 4 for Lord of the Rings and we all know that would turn crappy.

Kazenji
Of course, There was no 4th book.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Kazenji
Of course, There was no 4th book.

Well good for you smart guy. Don't you think I was just using that as an example?

Kazenji
Well it was a crappy example....

got some more news for this movie

MildPossession
I really really hope Neve Campbell has sense and turns it down. The third part ended perfectly, she was finally free!

Kazenji
Or was she ?

MildPossession
Stop it. stick out tongue

MildPossession
Some more stuff.

MildPossession
Good for her!!

Kazenji
Trouble for scream 4.....

Kazenji

MildPossession
Has someone deleted my reply to this? or did I not write one and it's on another message board...

That's his excuse for coming back into it... Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Insomniatric
Screw Scream 4.

We need a Behind the Mask 2. But I'm not sure how they would do that.

MildPossession
I have no idea what she is like, don't watch Nip/Tuck, is this a good casting choice?

Discos
She is a hottie in Nip Tuc and her actin is not too bad.

anyways.... Scream 4, heard about this a while ago and I was just pissed off. Scream Trilogy.... with a 4th? :L haha jesus.

there is no need, nobody really wants to see more Scream Movies. Its always a case of "who dun it?" and it just drags on for ages.

If The Arquettes are in it then it should be ok, I like franchises who stick to familiar faces. The story will be naf,

steverules_2
I wonder if it could actually be...any worse than the third film

BADGALcharlie26
is neve campbell reprising her role as sydney or is the storyline going be different ?

MildPossession
So far, as has been mentioned already, she hasn't accepted the part, and I hope it stays that way.

steverules_2
I wonde what they'll do with her character...

Discos
She isnt going to accept the part. I dont see why though, its not like she has anything else going for herself.

Probably fed up of being the actress who played Cambell.

It'll be a new storyline, mostly because they are moving in a new direction with a whole new trilogy.

Will it actually be called "Scream 4" ?

MildPossession
I believe she is doing television and theatre at the moment and a few films. Not like she is out of work. I still hope she still tells them to bugger off and not do another Scream film. The trilogy ended perfectly.

Discos
yeah I meant she aint sitting in a basement with 60+ cats. I was meaning she aint done anything Big, mainstream or anything.

If she is happy enough doing Theater (dont know why, boooring) and that then good for her.

MildPossession
I wish people would keep their bloody word, it is now official that Neve Campbell is going to be in Scream 4... and even worse, her character Sidney might be killed off, ruining a perfect ending to the trilogy if they go in that direction!!

MildPossession

BruceSkywalker

perhaps she will have a good story in this one

MildPossession
A good story will involve her not getting killed.

MildPossession
Oh and they are going to make it into shitty 3D...

Blinky
Oh gawd... cue the shitty 3D-CGI blood.

MildPossession
Ah good news, Kevin Williamson has confirmed it isn't going to be in 3D.

Neo_Version 7
I hope the guy that talks about the rules makes an appearance.

Insomniatric
I can't believe they're actually going through with this.

MildPossession
Randy, played by Jamie Kennedy.

Neo_Version 7
Randy, played by Jamie Kennedy.
^ His only decent role in his entire career if you ask me.

MildPossession
I don't think I've even seen him in anything else...

MildPossession

Davis Bloome
I hope this film is good, I have a good feeling about it. I'll likely go see it when it hits theaters.

MildPossession

Kazenji
Teaser Poster

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=65596

MildPossession
That's got to be a fake, it's absolutely rubbish...

steverules_2
No its for real, I think it looks kinda cool

MildPossession
It looks like something ANYONE could have done on their computer.

the ninjak
The poster is as unimaginative as the sequels.....big surprise!

steverules_2
I thought Scream 2 was actually pretty good

MildPossession
I adore the whole trilogy, the sequels don't come close to the first film though. Happy how the trilogy ended, that's one reason I hope the rumoured killing of Sidney turns out to be false.

It's Halloween Resurrection all over again.

the ninjak
The identity of the killers were terrible. I love the first movie though.

An interesting fact......I got all the questions in the first movie RIGHT!

I wonder if they would've tried to kill me anyway?

MildPossession
The questions in the first film were hardly hard, especially if you know the genre.

the ninjak
The questions in the first film were hardly hard, especially if you know the genre.

We are a rare breed MP.....do you reckon they would have killed us anyway or actually hanged on the phone and said "DAMN good job you live!" laughing out loud

That ACDC Chick
the beginning of a possible new Scream Trilogy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scream_4#Fourth_installment

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c5/Scream4PosterTeaser.jpg

any thoughts?

Impediment
Another film that descends in greatness from the prior.

SnakeEyes
I kind of hate this franchise. Even the first one was bad imo.

Scythe
Really? The number four is in the title? Goddamn it...

BruceSkywalker
liked the first one, that is all...

the ninjak
Kill it with fire.

Rogue Jedi
They all sucked, this one will suck more.

MildPossession
There is a whole topic already in the HORROR section, go and see.

Yawn

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f58/t364522.html

dadudemon
There is a whole topic already in the HORROR section, go and see.

Yawn

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f58/t364522.html

I'd rather talk about any and all movies in the movie discussion section.

Kazenji
Might as well merge the other one with this one then if its gonna cause that much trouble... roll eyes (sarcastic)

MildPossession
That's fine and dandy but it's really not that hard to look for existing topics, especially when you are someone who goes into the horror section, *cough* topic starter *cough* and the original topic is at the start of the page.

MildPossession
Of course we live duh.

Myth
I don't think I've even seen him in anything else...

What about Harold and Kumar? He was the guy peeing in the bushes and the creepy gross guy with the hot wife. I found Malibu's Most Wanted mildly entertaining.

MildPossession
I can't even remember who I was on about... stick out tongue

the ninjak
I can't even remember who I was on about... stick out tongue

Damn they joined the thread and I asked you a question.

Originally posted by the ninjak
We are a rare breed MP.....do you reckon they would have killed us anyway or actually hanged on the phone and said "DAMN good job you live!" laughing out loud

This is a question for everybody else as well if you got all the killers questions correct. How do you think the killers would have responded?

MildPossession
I did answer... Oh, someone has muddled up this thread when merging... I answered but it's been moved away from where you asked.

MildPossession
Great, a wishy washy actress in it, let's hope she is killed off straight away.

Blue Wiccan
A lot of people have been speculating old news though that there's a good chance that sydney prescott could be killed off in this one, and that would carve the way for a new storyline idk.

Also hayden panitterre eh hope she's killed of in a similiar style like drew barrymore from the first film lol

MildPossession
I hope that rumour of Sidney killed off turns out false, awful choice making the trilogy that ended perfectly pointless.

Blue Wiccan
yea i agree killing sydney off would be a awful move, Unless I'm getting the vibe that they plan to kill her off making a way for a new angle making emma roberts the lead to carry the franchise on into a new direction.

MildPossession
Is Emma Roberts going to be made a lead though? she might get killed off...

Blue Wiccan
Well the scope is that emma roberts is playing a lead role named jill who is a heroine that is very similar to sydney. If thats the case then this might possibly be neve campbells last appearance in the franchise, after all she did say herself that she would like her character sydney to get some conclusion to her character, Yes killed off or her ended up being a killer. The first rather than the latter. So maybe they brought emma in because she's younger and will make it fresh than stale overtime dunno.

markwoge
The best from all the previous scream series and it is really scary. The mask man always creates the mystery and the great thrilling moments. The film is really awesome must watch.

Insomniatric
I'm like 99% sure that this movie will just completely SUCK, but I'm still going to see it. Probably opening night.

MildPossession
markwoge, it hasn't even been made yet...

Insomniatric
Originally posted by markwoge
The best from all the previous scream series and it is really scary. The mask man always creates the mystery and the great thrilling moments. The film is really awesome must watch.

And just how in the HELL do you know that?

MildPossession
He doesn't. stick out tongue

jacobhenriques
Scream was always fun. But Fright Night was fricking awesome! I hope Craig Gillespie does a good job!they better not ruin fright night. ive had enough with remakes...

princehole
Although The "Scream" series was intended to be a trilogy, a fourth movie has been rumored on and off several times since the release of the third installment. The movie was officially announced in July of 2008 by The Weinstein/Dimension in a press release, and is due for release in 2011; eleven years after Scream 3 (2000).

MildPossession
I think that has already been mentioned countless times in this topic princehole...

MildPossession
Oh, Kevin Williamson has apparently been replaced for Scream 4, now the third Scream film scriptwriter Ehren Kruger is taking over...

Doc Ock
Williamson is still on Scream 4. The Kruger rumor was BS, thank god, as Scream 3 sucked.

New pic: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/21790

MildPossession
You can get more behind the scenes in a video currently going around, should be able to find it on youtube easily enough. Got quite a bit of behind the scenes video footage. So really, not the first ever scene image since the video came out a week or so ago. stick out tongue

K.Diddy
erm Hopefully this will be better then the third one was

Doc Ock
You can get more behind the scenes in a video currently going around, should be able to find it on youtube easily enough. Got quite a bit of behind the scenes video footage. So really, not the first ever scene image since the video came out a week or so ago. stick out tongue

I don't see that video posted here, so the pic is new for this thread wink

Originally posted by K.Diddy
erm Hopefully this will be better then the third one was

It can't get much worse...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>